[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First Stencil

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

File: 0123161218.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
0123161218.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
Hey this probably seems really stupid to a lot of you guys, but i'm working on my first stencil and I need some input on how I should go about the layers. Here's my drawing, i found the original on google image and recreated it by hand.
>>
File: 0123161218 edit.jpg (869KB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
0123161218 edit.jpg
869KB, 1920x2560px
So the shadows inside the face, should be the first layer. And the hair & beard silhouette should be the second layer. But how do i go about putting the details inside the hair and beard circled in green.
>>
>>253165
it depends what you want to do with it. If the process of spraying is without any time pressure at all - then cut out the mouth on an extra sheet - and before spraying, stick the mouth just with double sided tape on the surface you want to spray on.
>>
>>254084
didnt you get your answer m8?
>>
Ok OP.
First, this stencil has 2 possible layers only currently.
Black being one layer, white being the other. To be used this way, you'd print out 2 of the stencil, cut one from the outline of the face (so it's just a big hole in the plastic/cardboard), and the other one you only remove the black. You haven't done anything to edit the stencil to make it 'cutoutable', so I'd suggest linking all white areas that are floating with a small bridge.

On the other hand, if you want it to contain shadows, you need to make some other coloured area to cut out on a third sheet. I'd suggest looking at photos of faces to select where to add shadow, like under the lip, to the side and bottom of the nose, and around one side of the face.

Stencils are easy, just set them up correctly first and you're sweet. I used to do 6 layered roses for bitches all the time, bitches love stencil canvas'.

I'll go and find out an old stencil I have here, just may take a while.
>>
File: 20160129_105307-1.jpg (3MB, 2527x1978px) Image search: [Google]
20160129_105307-1.jpg
3MB, 2527x1978px
Found them for you OP.

So here are some 3 layer tests I did before adding in some other layers. As you can see I have a solid hole for the initial outline, then another layer of shadow, then another layer of highlight. From there I added another layer close to the base layer for darker shadows, and added 2 other layers of leaves with highlights.

Just plan it well and they work, look up tutorials, especially the one about changing images to 3-5 layer stencils in photoshop, it's prett6 good as a basis.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.