[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can i improve my logotype?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: Wolfsten.jpg (2MB, 5910x2935px) Image search: [Google]
Wolfsten.jpg
2MB, 5910x2935px
Well, as you can see is my personal design brand.
I stayed stuck and I need advice to carry it on.
>>
>>252664
do you sell sausages?
>>
>>252674
Fuck... HAHAHA
First thing that i have to change
>>
>>252678
sry m8, but that was the first thing that came to mind. What DO you sell?
>>
That image of the wolf, represents a fox, to me.
Wolf would be a bit more rugged, not just around the cheeks.
Just my two cents.
Also, try adding simple shades to it.
>>
>>252692
Ty, i will fix it today
>>
>>252679
Its my own designer brand
>>
>>252789
i think you should just stick to the "w". cut the rest.
>>
Are those arms or long turds?
>>
>>252816
Hahaha, no no... Just a design detail.
I have to change the color, without doubt
>>
>>252794
Agreed! I reckon that would work desu
>>
File: testing.jpg (1MB, 2958x2774px) Image search: [Google]
testing.jpg
1MB, 2958x2774px
What do you think now?
I included other variant, rate and judge it please
>>
>>252842
I would still try to improve your wolf. Make it a bit simpler, with less details. It looks like a really bearded animage.

Also, Stein is the german word for "stone". Since you're already exploring your name, you can throw this in to see what you get.
>>
File: image.jpg (147KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
147KB, 1280x800px
>>252842
If advise not using the colour man, looks far too tacky, but I'm only a student so what do I know... I'd also keep it minimal, encourage the W something like the pic attached. I feel it'll give your logo some distinctiveness and I think it looks kinda power?
>>
>>252842
I don't want to go full asshole mode, but you need a ton of practice and experience, this is all pretty rough. The aesthetics are unappealing, the imagery is uninspired, everything is stale, sloppy and unprofessional.

I can't even give you specific direction because the work is flawed from every perspective.

My advice would be to reference logos you find particularly appealing, study them until you see the fundamental reasons why they work, then try to draw inspiration from those works.
>>
>>252844 >>252845 >>252853

Thanks for the advices, i will mix your advices individually and together to see how it shows.

I'm in one of those uninspired seasons , my imagination is fucked up, I'll search some logotypes and if you considered right, could you post your logotypes and explain why it works? It will help me a lot.

No doubt that i have you improve my technique, im a student, like a "virgin designer" i have to read about design, see and learn. In the end the designer work is fully intelectual. Im sure that here i can get it all.

P.s: I really appreciate your time, dudes
>>
>>252884
Would be great if you could post your final design on here so we can see where you went in the end
>>
>>252664
Also, what type have you used? (Personal interest)
>>
>>252923
think it's "brothers"
>>
>>252923
ICBM SS-20 its the name of the font
>>
>>252664
This guy >>252674
And this guy >>252679

Are asking the questions that you should ask yourself. Look at your logo and think a little bit ridiculously, think of what someone who sees this at a first glance might think. Is this for a fox, wiener company? A company that sells fox wieners to the military?

I am going to make an educated guess and say that you started from a specific idea about some shape or imagery (military'esque "W" and fox head) and went from there, making something that looks to be decent but is still too vague to actually be usuable, which is why you're stuck in a rut.

The first step for you is to realize whom you're making this for. I can see that its your personal brand logo, which means that the next question is: What kind of image are you trying to get across? No doubt you will want it to reflect your own design sensibilities and your level of professionalism, which means you will have to make a list of what you lean towards in designing logos; motifs, thought processes and the way you work.

Do you use negative spaces? Do you flatten out the design of your shapes? What kind of fonts do you like the most? Try and find out exactly what you do when it comes to logo and then make a summation of all those processes with imagery that defines you (like say, the Wolfsten name or fox/wolf head).

Everyone gets tunnel-vision and that's okay. That's part of the learning process.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.