[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Adobe CC Subscriptions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Kornheiser_Why.jpg (73KB, 600x1040px) Image search: [Google]
Kornheiser_Why.jpg
73KB, 600x1040px
Does anyone here pay for the monthly subscription?

I can't seem to wrap my brain around the concept.

I've been in the industry for 15+ years, and have grown to loath adobe. They are notorious for not fixing bugs, and instead introduce lackluster features that introduce more issues. They bought out all of their competition and trashed their software.

It seems the main selling point of CC is that it's always being updated... with adobe's history, that sounds terrifying. And the adobe forums seem to prove my fears with every update they release.

So if you use CC, can you explain why you do that instead of just using an older license?
>>
>>252608
My student job gives it to me for free... Probably one of the best things about the job, saves me 90 bucks a month.

But probably wouldn't start paying for CC if I didn't have that.
>>
never had an older license before university, got sick of pirating across new computers or OSs, use 3+ adobe programs regularly. $20/month for students too so
>>
>>252608
the only thing I care about losing is my font/graphics/brush libraries -- does paying for cc allow for me to put a lock on these libraries at long last?

I've never paid, nor do think i ever will, but if I had every font i had dl'ed since 15 at my fingertips all of a sudden I would be a very happy and very overwhelmed man.
>>
>>252608
I do.

Simple, really. CC is better and more stable than older versions, at least in my anecdotal experience, and I like the new shit they add from time to time.

Granted, I have a fake student email address so it's like $17/month.
>>
My boss pays for it and desu it's worth it if you use InDesign/Photoshop/Illustrator/Premiere/After Effects to the fullest extent.
If you're only le photo shop man then sorry.

The only three reasons to use older versions are:
• Pixel Bender compatibility
• Older plugin compatibility
• You actually own the software

However, the minus parts are:
• You miss out on the cool new program specific features (granted, there's a lot of useless shit too)
• No Typekit
• No libraries etc
• File format incompatibility:
• • Photoshop CC 2015 files still do open in CS3 BUT there's loss and you aren't told what you're missing.
• • Illustrator is really good at opening new stuff, there's some loss but nothing major.
• • After Effects and Premiere don't cooperate unless you manually hex edit the files.
• • InDesign is the real bitch. Won't open anything done with newer versions unless you IDML that shit.

Idort is the way to go. Get a cheap CS5.5 Master Collection and subscribe to Creative Cock. If shit hits the fan you still got the best there is.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.