[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Couple of days ago I posted here with some sob story about having

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: Poster2fkname.png (1MB, 9933x7016px) Image search: [Google]
Poster2fkname.png
1MB, 9933x7016px
Couple of days ago I posted here with some sob story about having to make an academic poster for a thesis proposal. Some kind soul suggested indesign and over 10000 hours later here I am.

Looking for some feedback, looks bland imo.
>>
I'd move the bulletd list to the right in the bottom lef one. Check the junctions in the graph on the bottom right, you can see some white space beetween the colors
>>
>>252332
Thanks, good catch on the white space.
>>
File: 1453159526551.png (3MB, 9933x7016px) Image search: [Google]
1453159526551.png
3MB, 9933x7016px
>>252331
doing it this way was easier than typing it all out...
>>
>>252331
Change the 01 and 03 to be straight with the rest of the text. Looks weird going around.
>>
I'd look for ways to tie the different elements together.

Each category treats fonts very differently. I would look into unifying everything that is at the same hierarchical level (e.g., header, subhead, body). Indesign's paragraph styles works wonders for this and is super helpful if you've ever had to make a magazine, brochure, or book.

The introduction category's body copy has some really really long lines with about 100 characters per line. I would shorten the text box' width to allow for around 60–70 characters per line. Also something wonky is happening with your line breaks. The fourth line breaks at "estimate" for no reason and makes it more ragged than it needs to be.

Next the graphic in "Methodology" is handled differently than the one in "Measuring Performance". The former has a very rigid approach with its separating lines and hard angles. The "Measuring Performance" is very more organic and seems to shun straight angles like the plague. It is also completely flat in contrast to the "Methodology" graphic. Personally I'd keep with the "Methodology" style as the way it's handled is much less problematic than the seemingly random placements of the "Measuring Performance" graphic

Are there any reasons for the two categories on the left getting their own graphics but not "Research Objectives"? Seems to me that a splash of colour there will help tie everything together.
>>
>>252331
They style looks wonderful, OP. Just remember to watch your margins with those text boxes. Bring them back in.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.