[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Adobe Photoshop CS5 gradient - hidden infomation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: psdgradient.png (235KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
psdgradient.png
235KB, 1000x1000px
Adobe Photoshop CS5 gradient tool does (for some reason) not create a consistent fade from one color to the other.

Check the image, try it yourself.

I managed to to a correct fade by abusing the motion blur filter.

I have not tried this with any other version of photoshop but I guess it would look the same everywhere.

This was probably done to give the gradient a more natural look to the eye.
BUT: since every gradient has this profile like this, you can check any image you find online that has a gradient and see if it was created using photoshop or if it was created using something else.

I also like to imagine that it could have been used for next level anti piracy measures. The hidden information inside a gradient could be different in a version that hasn't been updated by adobes servers. Companies who use pirated versions of Photoshop could be sued by adobe with this evidence.
>>
>>251685
most of what you wrote is pure gibberish. I mean srsly boy, get a fucking grip. You sound like a proper autist.

And be brief next time if you need help ffs.

You are talking about banding.

You can fix that by adding noise or diffuse. that is the only way.

There are tuts on Youtube

Next time try not to be so autistic.
>>
That's interesting. I know Photoshop versions handle gradients differently and that the "dither" checkbox came to play in like as late as CS3 I think.

Nonetheless, Photoshop's gradient math is incorrect, but not so much that an average person would care. Related reading:
http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/photoshops_gradient_editor_needs_an_overhaul
>>
Why the fuck are you using CS5?
>>
>>251774
pixel bender maybe
>>
>>251685
Wtf are you doing? No histogram should look like that.
>>
switch to 16bit color mode when you do gradients in photoshop
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.