[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I got to design a backup poster for a label night with 2 performing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 8

File: poster-06.jpg (972KB, 1200x1697px) Image search: [Google]
poster-06.jpg
972KB, 1200x1697px
I got to design a backup poster for a label night with 2 performing bands. (Some other guy applied for the gig before me)

Any feedback or harsh criticisms?

Pic related v1
>>
File: poster-07.jpg (2MB, 1200x1697px) Image search: [Google]
poster-07.jpg
2MB, 1200x1697px
V2
>>
Really slick and clean. Also not bland, you did a nice job OP.
>>
>>251062
>>251063
Can you please explain the differences between version 1 and version 2?
>>
>>251064
Thanks!

>>251065

Before I showed them these two, I showed them a previous version where they told me it felt a bit too busy with the white text and the background image so prominent.

So I added light shadows on all the objects and offered to edits to the background image, v1 is lightly blurred with a brown 20% opaque layer on top of that. v2 the background image isn't blurred nor has it got a brownish opaque layer over it, I just applied a light grain filter.
>>
>>251066
> So I added light shadows on all the objects and offered to edits to the background image

I butchered that sentence.* I applied two edits* instead of offered. The two edits are v1 and v2
>>
File: poster-06.jpg (892KB, 1200x1697px) Image search: [Google]
poster-06.jpg
892KB, 1200x1697px
Someone else still found it be to a bit unreadable so.. I kind of don't want it on the logo but since the logo and all the texts are the same I'm forced to use it everywhere
>>
>>251068
Whoever is finding the text unreadable is either blind or has no taste for decent design. 1 and 2 looked great OP sounds like you're working for some blind assholes
>>
>>251068
If you HAVE to use those ghastly blocks I suggest giving them a slight transparency to help them blend into the background, but still make the text pop.
>>
File: poster.jpg (123KB, 727x1024px) Image search: [Google]
poster.jpg
123KB, 727x1024px
>>251069
Well it was also one friend who said that. I don't think it's truly a problem. I eventually made one final edit to my original personal version without the blocks: I removed the top line so the other two down below emphasize the text.

As for blind assholes, well funny thing is, the woman says in the version the other guy sent, she likes how it's white and makes his text more readable. Pic related, it looks fucking ugly and he only used one band image..

But she's gonna send everything to the bands and they're gonna pick.Out of respect for the other guy if they pick his, I kind of expect dibs on the next project..
>>
File: v1.jpg (971KB, 1200x1697px) Image search: [Google]
v1.jpg
971KB, 1200x1697px
>>251074
Nah I won't use them. My final edit is

> I eventually made one final edit to my original personal version without the blocks: I removed the top line so the other two down below emphasize the text.
>>
File: v2.jpg (2MB, 1200x1697px) Image search: [Google]
v2.jpg
2MB, 1200x1697px
and v2
>>
>>251064
Me again. You did a good job. As for the one your friend made,to be honest it doesn't look that bad but I would call yours excellent. Nice job OP
>>
>>251076
This one.
Use this one.
>>
>>251080
No no, the other guy is not my friend. I don't know the other designer. The friend I mentioned is one of the people who said something about the readability.
>>
File: tigre-elements_1x.png (87KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
tigre-elements_1x.png
87KB, 400x300px
i'd skip the foto as a background and you pastel colours. After that, arrange the objects and texts in the grid.
>>
>>251062

Try darkening the background a little bit or highlighting the band pictures. The colors from the background image clash with the images on the front making it hard to tell where to look first. Other than that, pretty clean.
>>
>>251062
I'd put a stronger blur effect on the vackground photo.
>>
>>251077

Try this one with a light dropshadow on the text
>>
Could you please use Capital letters...pls

Zo een dingen zouden mij enorm storen als ik zo'n flyer zou zien.
Een beetje grammatica kan geen kwaad :^)
>>
Maak de achtergrond iets donkerder.
Verder ziet het er prima uit.
>>
File: poster-02.jpg (131KB, 800x1131px) Image search: [Google]
poster-02.jpg
131KB, 800x1131px
>>251139
De tekst begint met het logo die niet met een hoofdletter begint, en gaat verder op de onderste helft van de poster. In dat stukje heb ik dan geen puntje gedaan omdat het net zo goed als een blurb of excerpt eruit ziet. Persoonlijk vind ik voor dit soort dingen hoofdletters niet nodig.

In de info eronder heb ik het bij de namen wel gedaan maar niet per se voor ieder stukje, omdat er anders teveel hoofdletters bij elkaar zijn. Loopt persoonlijk beter op deze manier als alle letters ongeveer dezelfde hoogte hebben.

Heb uiteindelijk gewoon deze twee opgestuurd dus wat mij betreft is de discussie wel afgelopen :)

>>251076
>>251077

Al vind ik die pastelsuggestie van een anon hier ook wel leuk. Iets met veel wit en lichte pastelkleurtjes. Ik had in het begin iets soortgelijks, ik stuurde een witte (foto gerelateerd) maar ze kozen voor deze met de foto.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.