[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> Im studying draphic design > From Spain (high unemployment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

> Im studying draphic design
> From Spain (high unemployment rate)
> There's no fucking possibilities of work as graphic designer
> Being "freenlance" isn't an option
And here comes the great question: Which country could be better to work as graphic designer?

(Pic of a shitty design from this morning)
>>
Most likely China, but since you do not speak Chinese you are fucked anyway and the salary is going to be worse than you would've made even at a shitty job in Spain. However, as Chinese schools do not value creative classes as it can lead to "rebellious behavior" not many Chinese people are creative beyond the traditional arts and a lot of their graphic design, architecture etc. are actually western foreigners.

Just apply to fucking everything, even internships. Do internships while you are studying even if you do not consider yourself to have the time.
>>
>>250829
Thanks dude, it is an option when i get experience in travelling and in chinese speaking Hahaha... I think that i need to mature for get a organized life and planning some internships to foreign countries. Did you travel to other country to work as graphic designer?
>>
England, Germany, and the US (Specifically SF and New York) are pretty much the design capitals of the world right now. Tons of work if you know how to get it.
>>
>>25083 I suppose that the easiest way to get a job is go straight to a printing office, design center or something like this, carrying your designer portfolio, Cv and cover letter and ask
the one in charge, and well...Have a talk with him. I am too idealistic?
>>
>>250836
ask for the one in charge*
>>
Are you kidding? Spain is world renowned in the modern design scene. Be as good as Mucho or Lo Siento, make a name.
>>
>>250834
Plus Holland and Swiss. Not to mention being the countries leading in graphic design when it comes to the quality and style
>>
>>250858
>quality and style
What more could a design have?
>>
>>250833
Yeah, originally from Sweden. Got headhunted for a bureau in New York, then they sent me to Paris and looks like I'll be going to Shanghai next. Can't say my pay has been good but I've had a shitton of luck as the company has paid for my housing So I've lived like a queen everywhere. But then again, I can also see why I was anatural choice. My ex boyfriend was French, so I picked up some French there although English was mostly used in The bureau in Paris. I was the only one who knew any Chinese (two years of evening courses at university) so naturally they did not really have any better choice. If it's something I've learnt is that; learn everything and keep improving. Web is very important now. But apart from designing, learn other stuff because it becomes valueable. The technicality of printing, how the machine actually works, calligraphy (helps a ton to understand why some fonts are awful but is also a neat skill to have), languages are always a plus, even just a little bit of it, CMS, e-Pub, photography, copywriting, 3D etc. There is so much to learn apart from just the ability to design and your employer would rather hire a person who knows a bit of everything than someone who is an expert in one thing.
>>
>>250834
London too, and Singapore's got some great energy right now.
>>
>>250818
If it's your average work right there —you'll stay unemployed for a long time dude, your diploma means fuckel.
>>
>>250818
Minneapolis/St. Paul is a nice place to look for work, too. We got some big industries, smaller design firms, and great beer.

>>250991
>(Pic of a shitty design from this morning)
>shitty
OP admitted that this wasn't a highlight. Cut him/her some slack.
OP, would you consider letting us see some of your better work before we tell you you suck?
>>
>>250858
>Not to mention being the countries leading in graphic design when it comes to the quality and style
Holland maybe.
Swiss hasn't done shit since the 1950's but did put out the ground work for modern typography so some applause for that can be given.
Scandinavia is where it's at. Although it may not actually happen in Scandinavia, I shit you not when I say that there will be a Scandinavian employee at every top bureau in the western world as of today.
>>
File: Diseño no combustion (Camiseta).jpg (754KB, 1301x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Diseño no combustion (Camiseta).jpg
754KB, 1301x1600px
>>251010
>>250991
I hadn't uploaded a better design becouse it wasn't the main topic of the thread, but here i go!
A T-shirt design, in black because it would be cheaper to produce it, but i realized that the shoulders seams could be a problem at the printing time.
>>
File: Prueba carta.jpg (2MB, 1964x1721px) Image search: [Google]
Prueba carta.jpg
2MB, 1964x1721px
>>250991
>>251010
This is a preliminary Pizza restaurant menu design, i think that the strength lies in the format.
>>
File: Por tu vida_ FIN copia.jpg (4MB, 2717x3744px) Image search: [Google]
Por tu vida_ FIN copia.jpg
4MB, 2717x3744px
>>250991
>>251010
And this is other design to an insurance agency called "Arthur Insurance". I chose the medieval theme to throughout the company corporate image for one reason: safety and protection typical from the middle age, also was chosen because of the "boom" of medieval series as GOT or Vikings. Somehow i thought that it could help to be known and remembered,

The text above says something like:
"swashbuckling
for your life. "

I dont know if the traduction is right
>>
>>250987
>>250991
>>250818
> Additional info: It is my second graphic design year and i just have 21 years
>>
File: Mandala.jpg (3MB, 6315x6081px) Image search: [Google]
Mandala.jpg
3MB, 6315x6081px
A mandala
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.