[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ok so somehow I managed to get an interview for a graphic design

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_ny6ouw9i4s1rbkxlgo1_500.jpg (56KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ny6ouw9i4s1rbkxlgo1_500.jpg
56KB, 500x375px
ok so somehow I managed to get an interview for a graphic design position at a company in the oil industry, however I actually know absolutely nothing about graphic design beyond some stupid logos and posters I made for my friends bands and some other miscellaneous bullshit

they honestly seem to think I know what I'm doing so far but nobody has really questioned me because I think everyone I've talked to is old and knows even less about graphic design than me

what the fuck do I do
>>
>>250283
Welp, if it's in the oil bidness I suppose you'll be getting paid a shit ton of cash, so just get creative and pretend you're hot shit.
>>
If you get the job spend all of your free time practicing and watching videos on how to design. Play ignorance if anyone asks.

Most of the work you will do will not be very technical so you can get by with what you know right now. I believe in you OP
>>
>>250314
What this anon said.

Fake it till you make it but you better hunker down and fucking learn as much as you can if you want to keep your job. Buy a subscription to Lynda if you have to, I don't care. Read books, watch documentaries, develop an eye for design all around you. Everything is designed by somebody, there are always lessons to be learned. Just keep studying, keep practicing. Learn your fundamentals and learn the basics of Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, then learn how to be awesome with them.

You can do this, anon. It will be a lot of work but you can do this. You can carve out your own career path. The fact that you care enough to ask for advice and help here shows a strong foundation. You can do this.
>>
>>250315
This, great advice.
>>
>>250283
op if ur still around plz update us, this is hilarious
>>
>>250283
Sneak some swastikas in the designs. For /gd/.
>>
That's how I was hired to make the illustrations for an educational book to be printed in the thousands every next ten years or so as a standard in some higher educations in my country.

Here's what I did: I opened Illustrator, clicked the pen icon on the left and started drawing shapes, sometimes over photos in the public domain. When I encountered problems, I googled for a solution.

No one questioned me. No one had any inquiries about my competence or experience.

The only advice I can give you, if you'll even have to concern yourself with printing and such, is to learn about color management and color profiles before you start.

Another solution besides actually learning shit is to just hire a freelancer to do your work and give him 10%.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.