[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How THE FUCK do I change sound devices in KDE PLASMA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: FUCKKDE.png (88KB, 1174x612px) Image search: [Google]
FUCKKDE.png
88KB, 1174x612px
WTF /g/?

Who the hell designs this bullshit? How do you change sound devices in KDE plasma?! I've seen commercial airliner avionics that are less of a cluster fuck than this sound management panel. I remember changing it a year ago, but I've been using gnome and have since forgotten how to work miracles. People who develop such bullshit should be executed in front of their own families. This is one of the many reasons why nobody want's to use Linux.

Why the hell did I switch to KDE..
>>
holy shit what is KDE thinking
>>
File: toggle-audio-output-source-mac.jpg (59KB, 619x238px) Image search: [Google]
toggle-audio-output-source-mac.jpg
59KB, 619x238px
>>
maybe click the little circle next to the audio device?
>>
>>57991854
This is all I need. Why the hell can't I have this?
>>
>>57991857
It claims it sets the default but it's not working. Rebooting.. I'll be back.
>>
File: FUCKKDE.2.png (90KB, 1176x616px) Image search: [Google]
FUCKKDE.2.png
90KB, 1176x616px
I've figured this pile of shit out. Apparently I had to change the sound device for chrome to the appropriate device. So you set it in a per-application basis... wtf. If anyone else has any advice please let me know.
>>
>>57991854
Use this all the time, it's great.
>>
>>57991958
This is actually a feature. You can play buzzfeed videos in an instance of chromium and channel it to your loud speaker while listen to hitler's speech in mpv and channel it to your headphone in order to restore the white purity of your immigrant infected country
>>
File: Audio and Video-System Settings.png (97KB, 1065x655px) Image search: [Google]
Audio and Video-System Settings.png
97KB, 1065x655px
>>57991798
you can also set your device preference by audio category here
>>
>>57991958
That's not a KDE thing, That's a pulseaudio thing
>>
File: screenFetch-2016-12-14_00-42-49.png (25KB, 411x312px) Image search: [Google]
screenFetch-2016-12-14_00-42-49.png
25KB, 411x312px
Meanwhile I'm sitting here /fullcomfy/ using Cinnamon
>>
You need to use this command line to do it.

rm -rf --no-preserve-rootp/code]
>>
>>57992873
I tried that and it didn't work. Do I need to ad sodu on the front?
>>
>>57991798
Welcome to alsa hell friend :)
>>
>>57994065
>be ALSA
>be coded by German
>user wants to play a song of his people
>wat are you sinking about
>makes default sink to the unused HDMI on graphics card
>zer will be no sinking in ze lager
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.