[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If Android is based on Linux, and if Linux is so secure, then

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5

File: FuY1xpLl.jpg (61KB, 640x387px) Image search: [Google]
FuY1xpLl.jpg
61KB, 640x387px
If Android is based on Linux, and if Linux is so secure, then why is Android the least secure mobile OS?
>>
Where is pic from
>>
source?
>>
Android code is shit.

If you want security, buy a Blackberry.

If you want media, buy an iPhone.

If you're on a budget, buy a Windows phone.
>>
Becouse of jewishness of qualcom and phone manufacture, if there is a bug on 1 or 2 year phone with android, you will not have update.
Not to mention java machine and shitty permision system to mine your data
>>
Add to this stupid users that install every apk crosses their path
>>
>>52967155
If you installed a whole bunch of proprietary programs written by sketchy people on your Linux install it would probably have shitloads of malware too.

Free software doesn't have this problem.
>>
>>52967155
>he thinks security exists
>>
>>52967155
Google image search didn't find anything on your pic, please give source
>>
File: monkey.jpg (30KB, 305x314px) Image search: [Google]
monkey.jpg
30KB, 305x314px
>>52967155
source for the love of GOD op source pleae.
>>
>>52967208
>>52967226
>>52967277
Hichijime On Oka Juunijiga's Route
>>
>Linux
>secure
good joke OP
>>
>>52967155
Because Linux is the kernel.
>>
>>52967155
Java a shit

Btw
C O M M O N
S
E
N
S
E
>>
>>52967155
Because only 10% of Android devices are update.

The other 90% cant update because jews/planned obsolence/etc.

Here is a example of planned obsolence.
Moto g2 got the 6.0 update but Moto g1 didn't because its one year older.

They are the same phone, only differences are screen size and frontal speakers, there is no other difference.
>>
>>52967385
This. Also its GNU/Linux.
>>
>>52967316
great fap, thanks anon
>>
>>52967155
If you buy a good and reliable car, take off the wheels, and remove the engine, would it really make sense to complain that it doesn't work properly?

The Linux kernel with GNU userland is the car. Tried and true, has been in use for ages.

Google came along and decided to trash almost all of the binutils/coreutils packages, write their own packaging system, add their own ridiculous changes to the linux kernel, make an extremely shitty JVM, and take no heed from Oracle.

Then, in their infinite wisdom, they decide to rush the development, make a half-assed development toolchain, and release it ASAP as a "finished" product.

Literally everything about Android, from the high-level developer tools all the way down to the bastardized linux kernel, is inherently bad software. Android is a giant house of cards; I'm pretty surprised any of it works at all.
>>
Java
>>
>>52967155
>Hichijime On Oka Juunijiga's Route
Thanks anon
>>
>>52967500
that's like the last thing that Android has issues with. Vulns in the Linux kernel and in the permissions scattered around Android are a much bigger issue.
>>
Gujira a best
>>
Use Blackberry
>>
>>52967229
How about a Ubuntu Phone?
>>
>>52968692
>b-but my apps
>>
>>52968692
I contemplated that, actually, but the Amazon spyware turned me off.

Fedora Phone hasn't existed since 14, something like 4.5 years ago.

Firefox OS I'm told is abandoned.

Is there a good free (preferably Linux) phone OS? I'd be willing to use a non-apple BSD, even.
>>
>>52967427
>This. Also its GNU/Linux.
android isn't, that's probably why it's shit.
>>
>>52968692
I want one of them so bad, i don't even care about the bugs.
>>
>>52967229
>If you want media, buy an iPhone
You mean all the proprietary media locked down by iDRM and only playable through iMusicPlayer and iSuckDicks?
>>
>>52967155
because duh, the linux kernel isn't so secure
>>
>>52969645
i agree that it isn't but if you use a new version of it it's pretty secure. the problem with android is that security patches are handled by the manufacturers.
>>
>>52967155
but anon

the least secure OS in mobiles is the sim card.
>>
>>52967155
Open source
>>
>>52967229
But blackberry is android too.
>>
Because it's popular.
>>
>>52967287
Probably something from the artist Noise.
>>
File: Girls.png (490KB, 449x401px) Image search: [Google]
Girls.png
490KB, 449x401px
>>52967155
>Linux is so secure
>>
>>52967155
Because Android has an easy checkbox option to allow 3rd party applications. That means retards can go download random malware written by chinese mafiosos from 4shared.

Also the permissions system is absolute bullshit. You either let the flashlight app access everything it asks from messaging to wifi or you don't use it at all.
>>
>>52967155
Android only uses Linux's kernel, you can't blame the kernel for userspace apps doing stupid shit.
>>52969783
You retarded or what? BB OS 10 can emulate lagdroid's shit if need be, but no, it's not android.
>>
>>52967229
If you want security, buy proprietary locked down spyware.

If you want media, buy proprietary locked down spyware.

If you're on a budget, buy proprietary locked down spyware.

no ty
>>
>>52969771
I'll fall for the meme-bait because I know there are some plebs who unironically believe this.

Dude this isn't the middle-ages, since the 70s, we've drastically changed our way to handle security, or at least our way to look at it.
Open source is the best way to achieve a secure system.
>>
>>52970306
Isn't the newer BB are going full android?

Priv or whatever it was called.
>>
>>52967229
>If you want security, buy a BlackBerry.

http://bgr.com/2015/12/17/blackberry-apple-iphone-encryption/

http://m.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2435459/blackberry-is-easy-on-backdoor-access-and-encryption

If you want the best security and privacy from a commercial product, buy Apple.
>>
>>52967155
A bunch of chinks and Indians throwing closed source code on top of it and normies who think they "need" that sketchy chink cleaner app
>>
>>52970306
>emulate
You retarded or what? It's not emulation.
>>
Linux is probably the most insecure kernel available right now.
>>
>>52967155
It's as secure as you can make it, if you're technologically iliterate then I see no reason why you're on this board, just buy an iPhone and go on /mu/ or something.
>>
>>52967155
Source on the pic please?
>>
File: screenshot20151023_153555606.png (118KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot20151023_153555606.png
118KB, 540x960px
>>52968692
>>52969387
I've been using one since the first day they launched it.
For privacy and security there's nothing to say currently, it's great. Now if you want to know something specific just ask
pic related.
>>
>>52970880
What hardware?
And does it get updates in any way? Either pushed or you building from update source
>>
>>52971446
>What hardware?
It's a BQ E4.5 >>52971446
>And does it get updates in any way?
yeah. Canonical release an update every 6 weeks named OTA-X (X is the version)

You can easily find the changelogs
> https://launchpad.net/canonical-devices-system-image/+milestone/ww02-2016
that's for the last update (we got it 10 days ago)
> https://launchpad.net/canonical-devices-system-image/+milestone/ww04-2016
that's the next update we should get (should come this week or the next one)
> https://launchpad.net/canonical-devices-system-image/+milestone/ww08-2016
this one is the next major update we will get.. should come in march.

It's automatically downloaded of course.
The smartphone is very user friendly. I find it easier to use than an android. It's easier to see what the fuck is going on, to see the licenses of the apps..
>>
>>52967155
>If Android is based on Linux, and if Linux is so secure, then why is Android the least secure mobile OS?
Because Android malware targets the Android userland, not Linux kernel.
>>
>>52967155
because obscurity is security.
Just look at iShit.
>>
>>52967155
I fapped to source
>>
File: 320full-antz-screenshot.gif (49KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
320full-antz-screenshot.gif
49KB, 320x240px
Ignore all the idiots here who don't even research, OP.

Android is the mobile OS with most malware cases, making it the less secure browser, because piracy.

Yes, idiots installing games and launchers from shady sources. A Trojan inserted in the apk who gets access to the files of the users, and has enough permissions to subscribe the user to expensive SMS services, secretly calling to drain money, or using the internet connection for DDOS attacks.

Actually, this is the reason Windows (And OSX, even if applefags doesn't want to accept it) has a bad reputation with security. No mater how secure is your system, if you want the last Call of Duty or Photoshop without paying you risk your computer to malware.

If Linux Desktop had more commercial software there would have more malware on it too.
>>
>>52970381
The Priv runs Android but that doesn't make their other phones nonexistent.
>>
>>52967155
Because everything that the user interacts with is Java based.
>>
Androidca shit
>>
Because it's the most common. Whatever is the most common is always going to be the most insecure, when speaking of technology. If Linux were the most popular OS, it would only make sense for people to develop more malware for it. It's not the OS that determines insecurity, its mainly people's need to develop malware for it, which is driven by popularity.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.