[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

As a guy that has been using Spotify for almost 7 years now,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 5

As a guy that has been using Spotify for almost 7 years now, give me one good reason to switch to google music.
>>
>>52954157
Seamless integration with Android
>>
File: playmusic.jpg (10KB, 283x73px) Image search: [Google]
playmusic.jpg
10KB, 283x73px
I have both. I use spotify for my ps4 and google play music for everything else.

I prefer the gpm web UI and the app.

But the most important feature why I'm using gpm all the time is, that I can upload 50000 for free into my library.
>>
Their radio stations are top notch, much better than Spotify or pandora. It's easier to discover new music.
>>
>>52954197
I started using it recently. I really like it.
Easy way to find songs that are like a specific song, playlist or just random stuff.
>>
>>52954157
If you have music that's not available to stream, you can upload up to 50,000 songs to the library.
>>
>>52954197
Yeah this, I'm surprised but it found great music based on my taste and I've downloaded a few albums based of the stuff google played.

Usually the "radio" on these programs suck. Google's is decent.
>>
>>52954157
Fuck you
>>
>>52954157
Neither. Deezer is much better. I especially like their flow function where it plays music based on your interest. Much better than others in that regard
>>
How does google music work? Does it have a free version like spotify?
>>
>>52954287
The free version allows you to upload 50K songs online and listen to those.
>>
>>52954310
wew, guess I'll keep using spotify then.
>>
>>52954287
I think the radio stations are free, but with adds.
The full library costs 10$ a month, but you can use the music player and upload 50000 songs for free.
You can also play the uploaded songs on chromecast.

I don't know if it works for every country, but you can gift yourself google play music for 50% off right now

https://play.google.com/music/gift
>>
>>52954331
Spotify is free and you can block their adds with a simple python script. Why would anyone pay for it or use google music?
>>
>>52954346
I pay for both, because I can't use google play music on my ps4. But google play music is way better.
>>
>>52954346
muh seemless android...uhhh...
>>
>>52954157
I tried using google play, but i couldn't figure out how to save songs like in Spotify.

From what I could tell it was just radio, and not a library of stream-able songs. Was I doing something wrong?
>>
>>52955579
You can't download music on your pc. It's completely web based. But you can easily download music on your phone.

The whole library is also only accessible with a subscription.
>>
>>52955665
You can download your own music, but there's a limit of 2 copies in the browser. If you use the play music manager it will sync all of your music to the local drive.
>>
>>52955693
*2 copies per song
>>
I tried both and so far I'm sticking with Spotify. If Google could make a nice desktop program for it I might switch but I hated loading it in my browser.
>>
>not using YouTube videos for music
>>
>>52954157
I prefer Spotify, has a desktop app for Linux + aps for basically every other device

Also, comfy student discount senpai
>>
>>52955832
>comfy student discount
What?
>>
>>52954157
>not listening your own music
>>
>>52954164
>Seamless integration with Android
>>52954234
>If you have music that's not available to stream, you can upload up to 50,000 songs to the library.

These. Additionally, google music comes with a free youtube red subscription, so no ads before youtube videos even if you're not using an ad blocker. also i think there's some youtube music app but i haven't looked into it.

google music just works better if you're in the google/android ecosystem. muh botnet etc
>>
>>52955860
UK students get half price Spotify premium
https://www.spotify.com/uk/student/
>>
>>52955860
Half off
>>
>>52955693
I never knew that. But I also don't really need to download music to my pc, because I'm always connected.

>>52955832
The web app is actually one of the reasons why I prefer play music. This makes it very easy to log into play music from different pc's and at a friends pc over incognito mode.

I also use the play music chrome app to set global keybindings.
>Alt+Q : Last Track
>Alt+W : Pause/Play
>Alt+E : Next Track
>>
>>52954189
Why would you even need to upload anything?
>>
>>52956011
Can you get the Play Music Web App to work with global media keyboard shortcuts?

That would be pretty cool
>>
>>52956028
some tracks are not available, even with the subscription (like taylor swift. But google play music actually has most of her stuff)

>>52956057
Yes. I think that was actually the standard setting.
>>
>>52954157
The player for Google Music is phenomenal.
I've tried both Apple Music and Spotify each for at least 4 months and GMusic is just easy to use and has a decent library.
>>
>>52956094
>like taylor swift
People actually listen to this?
>>
>>52956223
good party music desu
>>
>>52956333
does this board really change "to be honest" to desu?
(I'm not very often on /g/)
>>
Poorfag here. Adblock blocks commercials on Spotify web player. Pretty good.
>>
Built-in support for your personal music library, free youtube red, great radio/playlist options, easy android integration, daily playlist suggestions with several genre categories for each (eg Saturday morning -> waking up happy -> peppy alt/indie)
>>
>2 months ago
>try spotify for the first time
>try to search for my favorite indie band
>nothing

fucking garbage, shit, into the trash.
>>
>>52954234
You can do this with spotify too. That is, adding offline audio files to the playlists and have them synced between devices automatically.
>>
>>52956558
stored online > stored and synced offline
>>
>>52956451
>>>/mu/
>>
As a current google music user I can say confidently that google music sucks ass and I would never willingly pay for it.
>>
>>52956588
Why exactly? The result is the same
>>
>>52954157
Can use shuffle without paying woolongs
/thread
>>
>>52956355
Yep, it takes the piss

baka desu senpai

s.m.h t.b.h f.a.m
>>
>>52956632
Stored on your phone costs too much space. I don't want to have all my music that isn't available in the library to be stored on my phone all the time.

Storing online gives you the option to download and delete what you want, from you phone.

The syncing feature also doesn't work with the spotify ps4 app, which pisses me off.

And I can log into my gpm account from a friends pc and have my music instantly available.
>>
Does Google provide a discount for student?

That's pretty much the only thing keeping me on Spotify
>>
>>52956689
Not that I know off, sadly. But there is a family plan for up to 6 people for 15€/$ per month.
>>
File: grimes2.gif (4MB, 456x257px) Image search: [Google]
grimes2.gif
4MB, 456x257px
The only reason I would use GPM is for the radio. I love discovering new music this way and since Google has Songza in there, it's even better. However, I do not like the app at all. It's gotten better but I still see it as kind of a mess. Spotify's app on the other hand I like more. Also, GPM does not have a desktop client.
>>
>streaming music
>>
>>52954346
You can't save songs offline on mobile though without a spotify subscription
>>
>streaming
lmao
>>
File: library.jpg (3KB, 253x57px) Image search: [Google]
library.jpg
3KB, 253x57px
>2000+16
>streaming
>>
>>52957038
>>52957192
>>52957242

>current year
>still listening to locally stored music
>still using a desktop client instead of a more convenient web app
>>
>>52957263
>convenient
there's no convenience when their catalog of music is utter shit
>>
unless you're a normie mom listening to maroon 5 and U2, there is no excuse for streaming music

just download the shit, it's like two clicks
>>
>>52957322
>>52957332
This, streaming is somewhat useful if you listen to mainstream/popular music and nothing more.
>>
>>52957322
That's why I upload my music into the library

And change the stuff that I want with scripts
>>
>>52957358
Can you upload and stream opus files yet?

please say yes
>>
>>52957406
Upload should work, but google converts it internally.
>>
I've my own personal library of song that simply can't be found on Spotify. I can manage my songs for free and without listening to spot on gpm
>>
File: gpm00.jpg (398KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
gpm00.jpg
398KB, 1920x1080px
>>52957406
It starts downloading a "xhr" type for everything I try to open (different file formats I uploaded or standard gpm music)

I don't use the network tool often, so I can be completely wrong. But xhr seems to look like the audio type and I don't know what it is.
>>
>>52955945
Not only UK. It's in general.
>>
>>52957322
What the fuck with all those tabs.

Also
>reddit
>>>/out/
>>
>>52957921
what
>>
>>52956355
Wait, don't all boards do this? I only really go on /g/ but I've seen it happen on /pol/ and /wg/
>>
>>52958838
/b/ definitely not
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.