[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OPERA SELLS FOR 1.2 BILLION

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 11

File: images.jpg (2KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
2KB, 100x100px
OPERA IS SELLING US OUT TO THE CHIENSE!
THE JEWS ARE CASHING OUT!
http://www.cnet.com/news/opera-to-be-sold-to-chinese-consortium-for-1-2-billion/
http://www.tweaktown.com/news/50301/opera-receives-1-2-billion-bid-chinese-consortium/index.html
>>
File: 1453713210240.gif (497KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1453713210240.gif
497KB, 500x281px
>tfw the only good mobile browser is being sold to china
>>
>>52952348
Who cares, it's just a Chrome clone that doesn't look as shitty. The only worthwhile thing the company still does is Opera Turbo.
>>
>>52952416
Chrome does that too now
>>
File: justendme.jpg (89KB, 844x754px) Image search: [Google]
justendme.jpg
89KB, 844x754px
>>52952348
>>
>>52952348
Finally
>>
>>52952379
I dunno mang, safari's pretty great
>>
File: 1455015872739.jpg (24KB, 599x614px) Image search: [Google]
1455015872739.jpg
24KB, 599x614px
"Golden Brick Silk Road Fund Management of China"
>>
>>52952430
source?
>>
>>52952379
Nope, Lightning browser hasn't been sold to anyone.
>>
Time to change browser
eh
>>
JUST

Chrome is botnet.
Explorer/Edge are a meme.
Firefox is going the SJW route and I'm constantly getting popups telling me to upgrade from 38esr.
Safari is a double meme.
Yandex is a russian botnet.
Opera is going to be a chinese botnet.

What the fuck do I use?
Has Vivaldi become usable lately, or does it still lag like it's 1995?
>>
>>52953162
Pale Moon is the answer, anon.
>>
>>52953162
>Firefox is going the SJW route
it's a fucking webbrowser dude, what the fuck
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-02-13-15-53-42.png (160KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-02-13-15-53-42.png
160KB, 1080x1920px
>>52952571
>>
>>52953291
It's a fucking webbrowser that's deprecating the old extension support and losing what made it better than the others: greater customizabilty and extensions not based on APIs they give.
Moreover they're pushing the whole certiicated extension thing that's blocking extensions from working anymore.
Plus the read it later integration with that service and the constant begging for money.
They are not pushing sjw stuff yet, but ever since they fired their previous ceo and had a more sjw-centric staff ff has started going more and more to shit.

I don't care about your beliefs, but I do care if the change in your staff because of said beliefs makes your program go to shit.
>>
>>52953329
>Android
>>
BOTNET
O
T
N
E
T
>>
>>52953162
>Chrome is botnet.
I'm using Chrome and I see this posted all the time. What does it even mean and why should I care?

>not asking for definition of botnet FYI
>>
>>52953162
>Has Vivaldi become usable lately, or does it still lag like it's 1995?
I'm using it as main browser.

It's fine, but it still lacks some functionality and a bit of cleanup. I still run into bugs every now and then, and occasionally it crashes. I haven't felt any lag in a long time though, it's actually much smoother than Firefox in that area.

I'll probably keep using it. Give it a try, your experience with it might be better this time around.
>>
File: 2k4LArJ.jpg (23KB, 704x480px) Image search: [Google]
2k4LArJ.jpg
23KB, 704x480px
>>52953331
Have you even seen the utter trash browser that CEO is now developing instead? I have no doubt he set this retarded roadmap Firefox is on right now. So we can stop mourning his loss.

https://www.brave.com/
>>
>>52953374
It reports back to Google everything you do, even in non-Google websites.

Basically, if you pick your nose, Google will know. If that's not botnet for you, then I don't know what else is.
>>
File: 1447609464882.gif (302KB, 307x281px) Image search: [Google]
1447609464882.gif
302KB, 307x281px
>>52952348
>Opera
What ?
>>
>>52953374
That it keeps track of every website you visit on google servers, not only in the chronology on your machine, for a start.
That was enough to make me switch.
>>
>>52953391
What do you mean by report? Doesn't every program do that?
>>
>>52953377
Care to expand on the functionality aspect?
Last time I used it the only things I was missing were being able to change behavior on tab closing and to add a bookmark from UI-less mode (ctrl+f11).
Also, did they put back the default search from f2 if you don't specify any letter like g for google?
>>
>>52953407
No.

Every website you visit, every login you make, every click you do on Google Chrome, is stored on Google servers. They use that information to create "profile" of you, and feed your information to the highest bidder, which are normally advertisers. If you get ads that are targeted to your tastes and hobbies, make no mistake, Google knows it from getting all your info and selling it to somebody.

Programs/websites normally do this within themselves, to improve their service to you. Google does this to everything you do, to sell it to someone else.
>>
>>52953383
Yeah, pretty disappointing to be honest.
>>
>>52953162
Palemoooooonn.
>>
China needed a respectable browser. American owned software can not be trusted.

>>52952416
They have their own engine even if they are not using it now.
>>
>>52953435
I've been using the browser for a while now, and hadn't noticed that F2 shit yet, wew. Thanks for pointing that out, I like it.

In regards to your questions: I just miss a few things I used to have with Firefox. For instance, being able to move a tab out of the browser would create a new window, or having a proper downloads tab where I can see more detailed info about my downloads. It also still doesn't have a proper History, so I'm unable to go back to websites I was in last week unless I know how I got there in the first place or a part of the url. When entering anything in the address bar, it also only searches for URL, not by name of the page, like other browsers do, which makes it a lot harder to find something I was in before. That's all I can think about. Just little annoying things, really, but hopefully they'll be here some time.

Regarding the F2 thing, I tried it, and you need to put a "g" for it to google, if you don't, it does nothing.

For tab closing behavior, I think they added something, but I didn't fiddle with it yet, can't really say. It might have been something unrelated to what you're asking though.

No idea how to add a bookmark in UI-less, sorry bud. It might be there, but I have no idea, I don't use UI-less.
>>
>>52953374
reminder that firefox is also a botnet because it reports back to google with "Block reported attack sites” and “Block reported web forgeries" toggled on the security options
>>
>>52952348
Is Fastmail dead now?
>>
>>52953523
Thanks for the answer.
I was pretty annoyed by not being able to drag a tab out too, now that I remember.
History and downloads proper handling is also a pretty annoying thing, but I can live without it.
As for bookmarks, I was searching the ultimate keyboard only experience.
To add bookmarks I used ctrl+D, but the bookmark popup is linked to the adress bar, so when you hide the adress bar the new bookmark popup doesn't appear.

Another nice trick with f2: if you assign a nickname to a bookmark (eg 4c for 4chan) when typing that in the f2 field you immediately load that bookmark.
>>
And here I was thinking about switching from Chrome to Opera on desktop.

nope
>>
>>52953523
Forcing single window mode is the best thing a browser could do. It means you don't get that 1-tab window opening in the background by accident, then when you close your main window with 100+ tabs, you don't irrevocably lose your 100+ tabs. I applaud Vivaldi for going this route.
>>
>>52953523
Also, try vivaldi://history for the history.
>>
>>52953624
They could have had it as an option. Even as a default, but still leaving the option to use the drag out behavior.
Also, don't most recent browser allow you to reopen the last closed window with all the tabs?
Also, who the fuck keeps 100 tabs open instead of properly using bookmarks to handle them, or some session manager (e.g. V7 sessions in Opera)
>>
>>52953601
Those are some cool tricks indeed. I'm the opposite of you though, I like using my mouse a lot more than my keyboard, as I can be much faster and accurate with it than memorizing all the shortcuts. I have all my important bookmarks in the toolbar, and it's much easier for me to just middle click all of them at once.

>>52953628
I had seen that window before, but it's not quite there yet. It needs to be much more detailed than that, Firefox has a side bar with tabs for "Yesterday", "Last Week", "Last month", it's the little details that make it much easier to use.

The search function there works with website names now, so that might be useful. Thanks for reminding me.
>>
BOTNET
O
T
N
E
T
>>
>>52953447
Any source on that? All I know is that is usually done with cookies which are stored locally and when I disable cookies I get totally irrelevant ads.
>>
what assets do opera have that are worth 1.2blln, current opera is just a webkit shell
>>
>>52954019
Opera invented gestures and has Mail and Torrents and IRC built in.
>>
>>52954019
Opera could be developed into a UI of an OS
>>
>>52953447
Google doesn't sell personal information to advertisers.
>>
>>52954180
What? That's all they do.
>>
File: desktop2.png (2MB, 1440x780px) Image search: [Google]
desktop2.png
2MB, 1440x780px
do you remember me?
>>
>>52954243
Let's say I'm an advertiser. Where can I go to buy this personal information?
>>
File: shit.jpg (55KB, 690x960px) Image search: [Google]
shit.jpg
55KB, 690x960px
USE YANDEX
pic related - you holding on to old shit
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (185KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
185KB, 1920x1200px
Maxthon will grow larger!
>>
>>52954265
Buy ad space, they will target for you so you don't need to. They are still selling it.
>>
Is chromium
B O T N E T
O
T
N
E
T
?

I've read that it is, I've also read it is not
>>
>>52953447
>>52954243
They have explicitly stated they don't sell personal information.

https://privacy.google.com/about-ads.html
>>
File: Haruhi_unamused.gif (422KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Haruhi_unamused.gif
422KB, 500x281px
>>52954257
forum.zive.cz = rakovina
>>
>>52954333
They use it sell ads. Why would they sell the cow?
>>
>>52954327
Selling personal information means they are giving third-parties your private details in plain text, such as name, address, city, search history, emails, and other things that are meant to be private. Targeted ads does not necessarily mean advertisers gain intimate access to your private information.
>>
>>52954378
They sell ads and profit from that information.
>>
>>52954400
Then they're selling targeted ads, not personally-identifying information. Those are two different things. Your private information is never revealed to the advertiser. Let's not sensationalize and exaggerate the facts.
>>
>>52954454
They are selling the fact that they have that information, to target ads. It's no exaggeration.
>>
>>52953282
>Pale Moon
FUCK YOU
>broken hrml5
>no pdf on js
>absolutly shity adons
THERE IS NO USEFULL EXTESIONS
>crashesh randomly
>>
>>52954631
you're jus jaous cuz hrml5 is betr than html5
>>
>>52954631
It has uBlock Origin, hide scrollbars, Stylish, Greasemonkey, dotjs(to replace the previous two), among other extensions. What else do you need?

Vimperator still works after the switch to Goanna, but constantly says "completer is undefined". Only thing I experienced so far.

If you need anything else, it's likely bloat.
>>
>Chromium reskin with like 800 users worldwide
>Sells for 1.2 billion

Why am I even trying to make money the conventional way?
>>
Opera 12 was the greatest browser I have ever used.

Now there's nothing. Absolutely nothing worth using.

How did we get where? Where do we go now?
>>
>>52954631
html5 a shit
js a shit

Go use Chrome you faggot
>>
who uses Opera anymore besides Africans on their mobile devices?
>>
>>52952379
Naked Browser is still here.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.