[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>The majority of /g/ still uses Windows Why? There is n

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 36

File: no-thanks.jpg (24KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
no-thanks.jpg
24KB, 640x360px
>The majority of /g/ still uses Windows

Why?

There is no reason to use the Windows operating system in 2016. If your employer is forcing you to use proprietary software, you should seek an alternative or find a new job; they are oppressing your individual freedoms.

>Inferior default filesystem
NTFS is objectively garbage. NTFS relies on an MFT (Along with a copy of it) to store ALL your file metadata for the entire disk, so if these structures get corrupted then your data is top tier fucked. There are more reasons why NTFS is crap, but if that alone isn't enough to deter you from using NTFS, then you're an idiot.
>Fisher-Price UI
Metro. Enough said.
>NSA kernel backdoors
Proven by the Snowden documents.
>Botnet elements (other)
Telemetry, phoning home to M$

Face it, Windows is nothing but proprietary malware.

Further reading:
http://www.gnu.org/proprietary/malware-microsoft.en.html
https://www.fsf.org/news/the-fsfs-statement-on-windows-10
>>
We want an OS that fucking works and is relatively easy to use.

I'm not promoting winblows 10 btw, fuck that botnet piece of shit. I'll be using windows 7 until something better comes along.
>>
call me when linux and bsd can run battlefield 4 natively.
>>
>There is no reason to use the Windows operating system in 2016.

Sorry, but the fact that all the software I use daily and have used daily for many many years all runs on Windows, not Linux, and not OSX either.

Your point is thus rendered moot, you fucking idiot.
>>
>>52927502
>he thinks windows isn't just as much as a virus as windows 10?
You do know they ported the surveillance updates back to windows 7?
>>
Because linux blows. All the autistic devs have been busy making their own sekrit kulb distros instead of making linux as a whole better. The result? A fucking shitfest of autists who threaten to murder each other daily while making their distros as incompatible as possible.
>>
File: anime_reaction_image.jpg (25KB, 332x393px) Image search: [Google]
anime_reaction_image.jpg
25KB, 332x393px
>>52927532
>implying I applied the botnet updates
>>
>>52927565
>implying you didn't
do you think checking a box in a proprietary settings GUI protects you?
>>
>>52927502
So you are one of those people that buys a prebuilt because it's relatively easy to use.
>>
>>52927545
You're absolutely retarded if this is what you actually think. Look at Red Hat and Canonical, who are making constant efforts to make Linux as a whole better. All the special snowflake distros don't matter.
>>
>>52927652

cent os and ubuntu are shit

yawn
>>
>>52927650
Not at all. In fact I plan to assemble my own desktop later this year. I just think the lack of features and compatibility Linux has isn't worth the downgrade.
>>
>>52927667
>its shit lol
>no reasons why
OK, kid. Why don't you go play CoD?
>>
I have to use a lot of proprietary software at work.

sorry I'm not zealous enough.
>>
File: 1455100352905.jpg (64KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1455100352905.jpg
64KB, 1024x576px
Because my PC is for gaming and web surfing, that's all Windows is good for so it suits my needs

I really have zero incentive to go to Linux
>>
This board is full of 17 yo /v/ shitters.
It's as simple as that.

We need to ban any and all hardware discussion, and the gamer kids will leave.
>>
>>52927680
hey
>>52927614
>>
>>52927750
As shown by >>52927731 & >>52927516
>>
>>52927466
Games
Visual Studio
Winamp

>UI
The interface looks great on Windows 10. Clean, efficient use of space, specially on the taskbar, how the icons works there.
File Explorer. There is no better alternative.
The indexer works pretty well.
KDE feels fragile and incomplete, GNOME is unusable, OSx is uncomfortable, the rest feels outdated.

>NTFS
Not a single filesystem issue in more than 10 years of using Windows.

>NSA
Not a single fuck. Not a single issue this has give me, and it will never give me.

>Botnet, Telemetry, etc.
FUD. Telemetry is harmless and even that you can desactivate it.

>"Proprietary"
The right term is Closed Source, cultist.
>>
>>52927695

well, cent os is a server os.

ubuntu has a terrible UI and NO THUMBNAILS
>>
>>52927763
>only children play games
that's you're counter argument for linux not being able to run some of the most popular software around?

no wonder linux has less than 2 percent marketshare on desktops.
start supporting popular software and maybe users will switch
>>
File: hahaha.jpg (43KB, 231x363px) Image search: [Google]
hahaha.jpg
43KB, 231x363px
>>52927774
>HURR NOTHING TO HIDE NOTHING TO FEAR
>>
File: 1444841326838.jpg (67KB, 904x960px) Image search: [Google]
1444841326838.jpg
67KB, 904x960px
>>52927774
>Not a single fuck. Not a single issue this has give me, and it will never give me.
got this far before I realized this was a troll post
>>
>>52927811
When did I say that only children play games? I'm 27 and I play games. I'll wreck you in CS:GO or Insurgency. I also work in a datacenter. It's just that are /v/ migrants are extremely prevalent on this board, and that is a problem.
>>
>>52927652
Two different companies that try to make Linux better for the non-neckbeards yet they can't agreed to use the same package manager, the same default DE, or the same directory structure... Yeah.

Linux doesnt have a fucking standard. Brokens API/ABIs, dozens of single choices yet there is none that works correctly. More than 300 distros, 90% useless. Oh! And don't forget, development teams that decide to reinvent the wheel making shitty versions of their old software.

Linux was progressing during the Windows Vista era, now there isn't a good DE, not even a good music player.
>>
>>52927840
>backpedaling
i'm not from /v/, all i said was that i will be interested in linux once it supports games like battlefield natively. your post heavily implied that you think i'm underage because i mentioned a video game.
>>
>>52927466
> If your employer is forcing you to use proprietary software, you should seek an alternative or find a new job

Have you ever had a job? I make... enough. I'm not going to leave my job because I use Windows. Not happening.

Also, the generally accepted medium - large business penetration rate for Active Directory is ~90%.

I want to like *nix. I want to release the tools that I do in Powershell instead of C. But people like OP make it so damn difficult.
>>
>>52927811
It doesn't matter who plays games.

What matters is that we have a gaming board and it's called /v/.

If you start threads or otherwise participate in discussions where your perception of technology is simply as a means to an end in gaming, then you should really be back on /v/, not here.

That's why hardware discussion should be banned. It's really just gaming discussion.
>>
>>52927811
who needs stupid shit like software when you have a PHILOSOPHY
>>
>>52927811

Neckbeards on this board hear "technology" and they only equate that to programming, but nobody on this board has ever created any piece of software that ever made anyone's life better or more convenient except Floens who made shitposting more efficient
>>
I want an operating system that isn't a piece of shit.
>>
>>52927861
>, or the same directory structure...
You're fucking trolling.
All Linux OSes have the same filesystem hierarchy.

>Linux doesn’t have a fucking standard.
POSIX, LSB
>>
>>52927840
>I also work in a datacenter.

It's a dying profession I'm afraid. Though some of the site services people I have to work don't bother to check that they're removing the correct drive from a server, and just randomly pull.

It's a shame, really. I rather enjoyed the work.
>>
>>52927891
>Implying that games aren't technology.
>>
File: Why.jpg (21KB, 288x499px) Image search: [Google]
Why.jpg
21KB, 288x499px
>>52927890
>I want to release the tools that I do in Powershell instead of C.
Kill yourself.
>>
>>52927917
>POSIX
Was NOT originally a Linux standard. It was a UNIX standard long before Linux was a thing.
>>
File: poo2loo.gif (1MB, 570x321px) Image search: [Google]
poo2loo.gif
1MB, 570x321px
>>52927466
POO IN THE LOO
>>
>>52927952
>Kill yourself.
Maybe, but I'm taking you with me...
>>
>>52927466
>There is no reason to use the Windows operating system in 2016. If your employer is forcing you to use proprietary software, you should seek an alternative or find a new job; they are oppressing your individual freedoms.
only autistics think this way, please don't try to reason with non-autists with your autist logic
>>
>>52927933
he didn't imply that. he merely said that there's another board for that. for example, pokemon may be a video game series, but you have /vp/. imagine seeing pokemon discussion constantly on /v/
>>
>>52927917
>Install and run a program
>It makes a fucking folder on /home/user/
>it isn't hidden.
>I can't hide it without changing its name.
>If I change the name the program makes another folder.
>>
>>52927466
Why do you care so much about what other people use?
>>
>>52928005
You know Linux isn't made by one person, right? What do you suggest, preventing developers from accessing the home directory? Perhaps you should post issues on github or the developer mailing list for them to use the proper XDG config directory.
>>
>>52927973
>ur autistic dont be autistic
>>
File: 1418208469170.jpg (143KB, 807x1013px) Image search: [Google]
1418208469170.jpg
143KB, 807x1013px
tfw employer forces you to use unix and by the end of the day the last thing you want to see is another terminal
>>
Linux is literally a religion and this thread proves it.
>>
>>52928076
The important thing is that you've finally found a way to feel superior to them
>>
>>52927502
>I'll be using windows 7 until something better comes along.
8.1 has been here for a while.
>>
This is medium quality bait from OP, but I'll respond anyway in the hope that the truthbomb makes him stroke out and then he'll never shit-post again.

>>The majority of /g/ still uses Windows

>>Why?

Because it is objectively the best OS in the marketplace, and Linux - while it has made tremendous strides in usability and stability, still doesn't even come close to being a viable option.

>>Inferior default filesystem
>>NTFS is objectively garbage.

NTFS isn't anywhere close to "objectively garbage".

It offers support for large disk sizes, data safety, and acceptable speeds. While EXT4 is theoretically faster, NTFS is well beyond perfectly acceptable.

>>Fisher-Price UI
>>Metro. Enough said.

A UI optimized for touch screens, something OSX does not handle nearly as well as Windows, and Linux barely handles at all.

In any case, the UI is highly customizable, and it's trivial to do so (you know, the exact same sort of things you do to a Linux distro). Windows is perfectly capable of running KDE and GNOME, and some power users do just that.

>>NSA kernel backdoors
>>Proven by the Snowden documents.

Citation needed, but even if you did have it, wouldn't be surprised, nor would I care. The NSA can get into virtually anything they want, and certainly any home or general business use computer. Non-issue.

>>Botnet elements (other)
>>Telemetry, phoning home to M$

Non-issue. Literally no one cares. You voluntarily give up far more sensitive information via your internet browsing and your mobile device everyday.

No one gives a shit.
>>
>>52928087
Only Linux users care about that kind of stuff.
>>
>>52927466
Nice pasta
>>
>implying nobody uses pirated, stripped out Win7
>>
>>52928092
I don't like the UI. It looks and feels weird on a laptop/desktop. Might be appealing on a tablet though.
>>
>>52928076
Don't use this thread to confirm your biases. There are just as many anti-Linux threads with blind following. I use Linux and I believe you can use whatever you want as your Operating System. You're an individual person and you have your own needs. My post is no more proof that all Linux users are reasonable than the thread is proof that they are all non-reasonable. Every community is a mixed bag.
>>
File: Screenshot (11).png (578KB, 5760x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (11).png
578KB, 5760x1080px
>>52928134
?
Seems fine to me.
>>
File: JJ0RaSG.jpg (17KB, 640x555px) Image search: [Google]
JJ0RaSG.jpg
17KB, 640x555px
>>52927774
Nothing to hide; at least, until a shift in politics create legislation that threatens your human rights. I hope you get rejected from a job because your employer bought info about you from Microsoft.
>>
>pirate 7
>removeWAT
>Never update
I win the game till 2020
>>
>>52927466
>>Fisher-Price UI
Kek'd to the point that i had to post. good job.
>>
>>52928106
confirmed retard
>>
>>52928005
>implying Windows doesn't do similar things
>>
>>52928150
removeWAT is a Chinese botnet. You don't swapped a American government database for a Sino one.
>>
>>52927466
..but op, how will i play battlefield 19 mountain dew edition? we all know gaming is the most important use for a computer!!!

i want /v/ man babies to leave
>>
>>52928076
>Religion based on a kernel
Something is wrong here
>>
>>52928150
>pirating software
>not doing security updates
>thinking you've 'won' the game

lmao, some people really are this retarded aren't they? Because you are just joking right? Right?
>>
>>52928188
Not the one i have anon...
>>
>>52928207
Unzips dick
>>
>>52928207
lincuck status: triggered
>>
File: 1432527765413.jpg (81KB, 419x480px) Image search: [Google]
1432527765413.jpg
81KB, 419x480px
>>52928150
>never update
holy fuck do people actually do this and think they are safe from the botnet? Let alone the massive security risks. Your machine is probably already compromised and you never even escaped any surveillance at all.
>>
I can't help but kek at Linux plebs. it's like normal people are supposed to give a shit about all that shit you're talking about.

8=D~
>>
>>52928207
They are a lost cause anon...
>>
>>52927466
>There is no reason to use the Windows operating system in 2016

Buy a modern laptop with nvidia optimus and some other non-conventionalpieces(things that aren't on a desktop machine) and you will see why you can't leave windows.

The hardware support for linux is so shitty I want to cry.
>>
>A vocal minority of /g/ still uses GNU/Linux as a desktop OS

Why?

There is no reason to use the GNU/Linux operating system in 2016. If your employer is forcing you to use FOS software, you should seek an alternative or kill yourself; they are oppressing your earning ability and relevancy.

>Inferior default filesystem
EXT4 is objectively garbage. EXT4 relies on largely unsupported protocols to store ALL your data for the entire disk, so if these structures ever need to be read by a real computer, then your data is top tier fucked. There are more reasons why EXT4 is crap, but if that alone isn't enough to deter you from using EXT4, then your an idiot.
>Fisher-Price UI
Gnome. Enough said.
>NSA kernel backdoors
Proven by the Snowden documents.
>Botnet elements (other)
Telemetry, phoning home to RedHat etc

Face it, GNU/Linux is nothing but FOSS malware.
>>
>>52928247
You should have you're head checked champ.
>>
>>52927466
>There is no reason to use the Windows operating system in 2016. If your employer is forcing you to use proprietary software, you should seek an alternative or find a new job; they are oppressing your individual freedoms.

i bet there were a few hops your data had to traverse to get to 4chan that didn't respect your freedom
stop using the internet
then stop living
>>
>>52927466
Stfu!
>>
>>52928304
>copy paste
Literally copy pasted and changed a few words. Doesn't make it true.

>GNOME
At least Linux users have a choice.
>>
File: JUSTwerks.jpg (2MB, 5760x1080px) Image search: [Google]
JUSTwerks.jpg
2MB, 5760x1080px
>>52928148
>installing third party software to make the os actually work

JUST
>>
>>52928346
Why aren't you using Internet Explorer and Windows Media Player then ?
There's no need to replace first party software, right ?
>>
File: faggot.jpg (448KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
faggot.jpg
448KB, 1920x1080px
>>52928247
Faggot
>>
File: muco_watching_muco.jpg (112KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
muco_watching_muco.jpg
112KB, 540x720px
I used to be a belligerent Winfag. I would hate on GNU/Linux users vehemently, the hive mentality raged strong in me, but it was also out of envy and confusion that these people could actually ENJOY using their computers and not be subjugated to the disgusting ecosystem that Microsoft forces their users into. I went to college and subsequently had to take systems administration courses involving RHEL-based systems. Needless to say, I fell in love. I couldn't believe that I could actually use a system to it's fullest potential and feel so liberated.
>>
File: ShrugEmoticon-.jpg (15KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
ShrugEmoticon-.jpg
15KB, 1024x682px
>>52928335
>Literally copy pasted and changed a few words.
You got me. I should have realised Linux users would've been smart enough to see through that.
>>
>>52927891
>hardware is not technology
interesting
>>
>>52928407
You're penis is as small as a dick
>>
>>52928376
Good for you.
>>
>>52927466
Km spico + windows 8.1, and no updates, I feel fairly safe, there aren't even upgrade to windows 10 messages
>>
>>52928367
That's not the same, silly! Windows 8 is a baby toy OS, "upgrading" to it is a waste of time. If your computer doesn't start in under 8 seconds on Windows 7, you have shitty hardware.
>>
>>52928460
>no updates
Your OS has more holes than Swiss cheese. Not updating it makes it a chain link fence.
>>
>>52928486
>tripfag
Hidden and ignored
>>
>>52928346
Hey babe. :3
>>
>>52928511
>mad

>>52928520
ay
>>
>>52928496
>caring
No performance issues.
>>
>>52928526
Hunter is such a Chad name.

Are you a Chad? :3c
>>
>>52928511
dumbass
>>
>>52927466
ease of use, looks nice.

also my games.

I bet it just triggered half of /g/

Yeah, the NSA shit sucks, and its amazing microshaft even allowed it to happen - even more people would use it if it was somewhat private and non botnetty.
>>
Because Linux is a server OS
>>
>>52928526
Awoo, stop being such a cutie pie and at the same time saying things that I disagree with. You're muddling my feelings.
>>
>>52928486
It's exactly the same.
You've replaced first party software bundled with the OS with third party software for better functionality, this is exactly what you accomplish by using Classic Shell.

And just for the record, I'm sure the only reason you can think of not to upgrade to 8.1 is the start screen, which actually works exactly the same as the start menu in Windows 7 except that it looks a bit different. Without Classic Shell in Windows 8.1, you have exactly the same workflow as you do in 7.
With Classic Shell, you still have exactly the same workflow, but with more customization options. It's an improvement over 7's start menu, even.
>>
>>52927466
>If your employer is forcing you to use proprietary software, you should seek an alternative or find a new job; they are oppressing your individual freedoms.
Hurr durr just quit your fucking job in order to use free Linux.

>>52927466
>NTFS is objectively garbage. NTFS relies on an MFT (Along with a copy of it) to store ALL your file metadata for the entire disk, so if these structures get corrupted then your data is top tier fucked. There are more reasons why NTFS is crap, but if that alone isn't enough to deter you from using NTFS, then you're an idiot.
Still haven't had a proper system crash or corruption because of NTFS. Even then I keep weekly backups of all my data.

>Fisher-Price UI
>Metro. Enough said.
Sure, it's annoying but it's better than some of the garbage that Linux has, Unity is more babby tier than Windows design.

>NSA kernel backdoors
>Proven by the Snowden documents.
Genuine concern, one of the reasons I'm actively switching to Linux.

>Botnet elements (other)
>Telemetry, phoning home to M$
Same deal with this one, though a lot of the stuff can be turned off.

At the end of the day if you're not using Windows because of privacy concerns then you realistically shouldn't use a cellphone, because metadata is recorded by phone companies most of the time, and you shouldn't be using Western Digital HDDs because it's been proven that there's NSA backdoors in the firmware.
>>
File: 1455073041552.jpg (278KB, 1400x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1455073041552.jpg
278KB, 1400x1200px
I want a Surface Tablet. $399. Fuck a keyboard. Will get Stylus pen. Convince me not to get one.
>>
>>52928547
I probably would be if I went outside, my past gf's said I was qt at least... :x

>>52928566
I'm sorry, it triggers me when people say things I don't disagree with, too. I'll stop now.

>>52928588
It's not really the OS... It's more just security. Windows 8 was the start of Windows 10. I'm gonna ditch Win7 soon enough and just use what I have on my Thinkpad (Debian). Windows is finished and bankrupt in my mind.
>>
>>52928617
Because it's no ganoo slash linux.

You could probably install Linux on it with some effort, I reckon someone out there wrote some drivers for it.
>>
>>52928627
Can I be your gf? :3c
>>
>>52928599
>a lot of the stuff can be turned off.

HA
>>
>>52928659
You're probably a neckbeard, though. Plus I tried online dating once for like a month... It's not fun when you can't touch the other person.
>>
>>52928676
I'm not a neckbeard!!!
I'm really slim. Like 5'9 (or taller idk), 135 lbs.

I can move in with you. ;3
>>
>>52928676
why the hell is your trip two eyes looking down judging on people? and whats the signs before the two eyes mean?
>>
>>52928654
Why would I want to do that? Seems illogical to ruin my warranty for some OS that does less.
>>
>>52928720
r u usin it for geyme
>>
>>52928762
Wow you're spot on dood B)
>>
>>52928780
Saying spot on and using B) in 2016.

Sorry but you sure are fucked
>>
>>52928780
H-hey lover you never responded!
Or are you not into boys at all...
>>
Maybe they want to. Checkmate bitches.
>>
>>52928804
This. It's over guys, linux is finished and bankrupt.
>>
>>52928795
No, not really, sorry mah dude. ;(
>>
>>52928832
BTFO
/thread
>>
>>52928376
I used to be a belligerent Linigger. I would hate on Windows users vehemently, the hive mentality raged strong in me, but it was also out of envy and confusion that these people could actually ENJOY using their computers and not be subjugated to the crippled ecosystem that open source software forces their users into. I went to therapy and subsequently had to understand how painfully autistic I was. Needless to say, I fell in love. I couldn't believe that I could actually use a system and not feel angry about others using something else.
>>
File: 1440211161954.jpg (43KB, 408x360px) Image search: [Google]
1440211161954.jpg
43KB, 408x360px
>>52929063
>>
>>52928837
>i'm fucking gay
>>
>>52928795
>>52929596

Just wanted to reiterate that yes, I am in fact a flaming homosexual and would love to receive your raging phallus inside of every orifice of my body
>>
>>52927466
>Why?
Baby duck syndrome.
>>
>>52927516
>battlefield 4
Why do you play that trash? Are you 12?
>>
>>52928106
What are you going to spend your new rupees on, Rajeesh?
>>
>>52928076
I have a theory that if something happens to main kernel developers/maintainers it's definitely going to turn into a religion.

People installing stuff from old repos, reading and quoting scripts of lkml, while actually not knowing how it works because linux is plagued with unacceptable documentation (Please don't refer to man pages, I mean the kernel).

In time I'm sure there would be people who can make almighty kernel choose the module they want and establish clergy. Then probably they would catch up with the state of linux when gods abandoned the kernel and the heretics will rise from all over the world. And the cycle will repeat itself.
>>
>>52929677
hes probably brazilian
>>
i dual boot for games
>>
>>52929915
Wow, I swing both ways too. Guess we have lots in common, cutie. ;-)
>>
>>52927466
this faggot never heard of industry standard
>>
>>52927466
Face it, the majority of /g/ users are just CS freshmen that are going to drop out after the first year because "it's too hard and I just want to make and play gaymes".
>>
>>52927917
>All Linux OSes have the same filesystem hierarchy.

stick a CD/DVD/BluRay disc in a Debian, SUSE, Red Hat, or Slackware machine. All of them automount the fuckin thing in different directories (if it even automounts them at all... they still have no consensus on that either). Red Hat has changed it's default from /mnt/<media type>, to /media/<media type> to /media/<media name>, to some extra stupid convoluted shit now under RH7.

Debian removed runlevels 3-5 so shit I do EVERYWHERE ELSE didin't fuckin work under Debian.

and there's more shit. I don't feel like running it all down right now.
>>
File: dirty-baby.jpg (13KB, 348x249px) Image search: [Google]
dirty-baby.jpg
13KB, 348x249px
>>52930163
>coding on linux
>>
>>52930186
>coding on Windows
>>
>>52930213
have fun making shit for free.
>>
>>52930219
have fun making nothing
>>
File: george-zimmerman-selfie.png (220KB, 496x314px) Image search: [Google]
george-zimmerman-selfie.png
220KB, 496x314px
>>52930231
the irony is palpable. nobody uses linux for anything but servers dumb fuck.
>>
>>52930259
>Not knowing what the word "ironic" even means
And besides, I highly doubt you even know any developers or anyone who works in tech. All you know is your shitty gayming community.
>>
>>52930292
the use of irony this way is acceptable webster. Also that projection. if you knew anything at all about what you were talking about you would accept what I said but you dont even know what linux is for other than muh customizable desktop.
>>
>>52930259
>nobody uses linux for anything but servers dumb fuck
Wow, you're retarded.
>>
>>52930369
let me guess your a leet haxor.
>>
>>52927466
>The majority of /g/ still uses Windows
This isn't even remotely true, retard.
>>
>>52930398
>your
Go back to /v/ kiddo.
>>
>>52930408
answer the question faggot.
>>
File: 1446003504152.jpg (30KB, 306x362px) Image search: [Google]
1446003504152.jpg
30KB, 306x362px
>>52928149
Then leave. Or kill youself
>>
I used Linux exclusively from 2004 - 2010 and then installed windows 7 to play some games and gradually stopped using Linux. I tried to go back to Ubuntu in 2014 but I couldn't really be bothered with it anymore.
>>
>>52927466
Says who? I was under the impression that the opposite was true.
>>

I like my healthcare, salary, and perks more than using a terminal.
>>
>>52928071
>tfw NEET Arch GNU/Linux user who would actually enjoy such a job
>>
Whats with the whole "Im entitled to tell you what to like" that linux fags have?
>>
>>52930484
What's with your dysfunctional brain, faggot?
>>
>>52928192
Not only is that sort of shitposting not meant for here (not your post, what you're talking about), but most new games are actually supported and they're just cherrypicking when they argue 'muh games'
>>
>>52928720
>muh warranty
Are you sure you belong here?
>>52928654
Wendell did a video on installing Ubuntu on the Surface Pro 3.
>>
because I can play games on Windows 10
and it's easy to use compared to ANY Linux destroo
>>
>>52930479
>>I like my healthcare, salary, and perks more than using a terminal.
normies get out

Seriously, though, I wouldn't care if someone IRL said this, but on the fucking technology board we shouldn't be getting posts like this.
>>
>>52930517
>easier to use
No, actually, you just have baby duck syndrome and it's the same shit you grew up with.

Errors are vague and unhelpful when you run into problems (which happens frequently), drive installs and even basic software installs are unregulated and difficult. They require you to randomly search the web for help.

No man pages, no package manager, the logging is worse.

You think it's easier to use because it's all you know. As someone who knows both systems very well, GNU/Linux is MUCH easier to use. Seriously.
>>
File: glimmer kitty.png (184KB, 375x499px) Image search: [Google]
glimmer kitty.png
184KB, 375x499px
>>52930517
WHY DID /v/ HAVE TO RUIN MY BOOOOAAARDDDD
>>
audio production
>>
>>52927466
because i like VIDEOGAMES

surely 2016 is the year of the linux desktop though, just like you guys have been saying since 2005
>>
>>52930531

You're not my real dad.
>>
>>52930563

So dual boot the son of a bitch. Use Windows for your games, and Linux for every fucking thing else.
>>
>>52930590
>but linux uses the cammond line tho!!!
>im too stupid to use the cammand line !! ;((((
>>
>>52930590
i use llonix it on my laptop m8
>>
>>52930553
I've never been to /v/ you fat fuck go suck a nigger
>>
File: nsi trolling or stupid.jpg (55KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
nsi trolling or stupid.jpg
55KB, 604x453px
>>52930611

Is this an insult or a statement?
>>
>>52930259
And people who know what the hell they're doing.
>>
>>52927466
It just so happens that there was a poll a few days back, asking /g/ which OS they run. You were able to select all that apply. I took a screenshot about it since it was interesting to me.
>>
Muh eroge
>>
Work computer: Mint
Personal Laptop: Came with Windows 8, haven't bothered to replace it
Desktop: Installed Windows 7 for gaymin. Now I just use it for Crusader Kings 2 and the mods. Stupid steam and not letting me have my games on all platforms.

Dual booting is a neat idea, but I find I just stick with Windows once I've gone in to play a game.
>>
>>52930590
This is not practical at all and you know it.

I wish more than anything that Linux could run my vidya. I would switch in a heartbeat.
>>
>>52931025
Use the GPU passthrough and you don't even need to dual boot. Just open Windows whenever you want to game.

Disclaimer: I haven't done that yet
>>
>>52927466
They are newfags. Trying to grow out of /v/
>>
>>52931008
Desktop dual booter here... I simply cannot stick to Windows after playing.

>WHY ISN'T ALT+F2 WORKING ON THIS FUCKING BROK... oh wait I'm in Windows.
>Let me check my news in Lifere... oh wait Windows.
>Did my download finish yet? Oh wait it won't in Windows
et cetera.
>>
>>52931008
it's not a steam problem, it's a developer problem.
>>
>>52931166
Right now I don't really do anything not in a browser or a game when I'm not at work. And even games don't happen often. It's been 5 months since my last time gaming on a computer. I know because it was the week before my son was born, trying to pass the time while my wife was in "it can happen any day now" mode.

>>52931183
So I should be saying damn it paradox?
>>
>>52931198
>So I should be saying damn it paradox?
Yep.
And when Paradox releases Linux games, they dun goofed like Cities Skylines taking a huge time to load.
>>
>>52928196
It's already a religion of muh superior software and anti-SJW.
>>
>>52928076
>Linux is literally a religion and this thread proves it.
Nah.

More like
1. People are stupid when defending their views, regardless of which ones; and
2. 4channers being 4channers and discussing like a bunch of assburgers.
>>
>>52930986
Thank fucking god.
>>
File: 1452924943933.png (71KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
1452924943933.png
71KB, 500x332px
>>52927516
>He uses his PC for games
Hi there, lonely manchild!
Are you tired of spending GBP on Wendy’s but getting shit-tier McDonalds?
Sick of bartering with normies for your num-nums? Mommy not buying you the latest vidya?

#normiegenocidewhen
Hi, I’m Rog and I can teach you how to maximize your GBP with this one simple trick normies don’t want you to know about
No longer will you have to resort to smearing poopy-woopy to get the tendies you deserve

For your access to the patented Rog Method, forward me fifty GBP and you’ll get a free copy of my instructional webm
>>
>>52931166
Same here. I even changed shut down to restart in my Win menu, so I can switch back to Linux. After I used Windows for a gaming session I want to actually use my PC. But I still stay away from anything past Win7.
>>
File: 1455094768233.jpg (56KB, 606x496px) Image search: [Google]
1455094768233.jpg
56KB, 606x496px
>>52927466
>people like this exist
>>
>>52932206
Go back to /v/.
>>
>>52927502
>We want an OS that fucking works and is relatively easy to use.
linux does this just fine
>>
>>52932217
Actually, i will. I would rather have people shilling me shitty ass games rather than shilling linux from under a tinfoil hat.

I will just come back when you faggots will be able to have a "linux is good" thread, without mentioning microsoft or windows at all.
>>
>>52929915
>having to justify your gaming addiction by dual booting
>>
>>52932261
Why do you enjoy being spied on by your OS? Do you let people watch you shit?
>>
File: 763652.jpg (48KB, 964x598px) Image search: [Google]
763652.jpg
48KB, 964x598px
>>52932290
What makes you think so. I shit in the streets
>>
>>52931129
>made an attempt to get passthrough working
>I can't be bothered to spend more than 5 minutes reading a guide that only works for certain people
>gave up
I wish there was a 'just werks' way to do it
>>
>>52931240
>Cities Skylines taking a huge time to load.
loads quickly enough for me
civ5 gives me issues though, crashes for literally no reason other than it's a buggy piece of shit
>>
>>52932261
it's not being a tinfoil if it's facts
everyone knows they're being spied on with windows, at least on linux you can mitigate that without it being a fruitless endeavor
>>
>>52932261
>Actually, i will.
Halle-fucking-lujah
>>
>>52927891
>"why don't you go to Linux (or something else) ?"
>"to play games"
>"fuckers, leave, it's not softwares"

I hope you realize how stupid you sound
>>
>>52932408
/v/ posters do not care about software technology. Who are you kidding?
>>
I like using Windows and moved back to it after 8 years of using Linux.

Stay mad.
I'm genuinely embarrassed reading linux users comments on the internet now because of how fucking batshit they (and how I used to) come across.
>>
>>52928298
>he cant make it work
it's easy senpai, there's literally recent info I followed to make it work
>>
>>52932416
indeed they probably don't
but assuming you're a /v/ or /vg/ shitposter just because you play games is stupid
>>
>>52932428
What kind of accident did you get in to give you brain damage?
>>
>>52932432
>assuming you're a /v/ or /vg/ shitposter
When asked about why they use windows they simply say "muh_games".
>>
>>52932446
Finishing my degree and going out in to the working world.
>>
Only reason I'm still on Windows is muh games and muh DX12. If OpenGL became mainstream and widely used by big devs I'd jump on the Linux boat tomorrow.
>>
>>52927466
I'd like to use Linux. But every version I've installed had a problem with waking up after sleep mode.
>>
>>52932355
>>52932290
>spied on

Unless someone can exemplify any discernible repercussions to being spied on by your OS, assuming you don't have CP i will take notice of such facts. To me it's all unjustifiable paranoia and some sort of self-entitlement in actually believing that either of you pathetic faggots actually has any relevant data to hide. Assuming anyone in the world cares about your 4chan pepe folder or your waifu pic collection. It's like walking naked around the house and constantly worrying that someone from the building opposite to you might see you naked. This is to me the equivalent of your fears.
>>
>there are people on this board right now that unironically use windows. Who actually defend using it
>muh gayms
fucking /v/ and /a/ shitting this board... Where did the /g/ oldfags run off to?
>>
File: 1452555039051.png (198KB, 520x388px) Image search: [Google]
1452555039051.png
198KB, 520x388px
>>52932631
>NOTHING TO HIDE, NOTHING TO FEAR
Nice try, Agent Roth.
>>
>>52927466
But I'm not a pedophile and therefore have no need for Linux and its ilk.
>>
>>52932660
Forgot to say

>inb4 faggots like you make that claim to try to justify their shitty OS that yields nothing

>inb4 faggots like >>52932652 make such statements when on the opposing end are people like >>52932660

Do you really think that you faggots hold more dignity and honor for constantly shilling linux not because it's good but as opposed to ">muh botnet windows 10 REEEEE"? But then again i feel for you seeing as you couldn't do much more in Linux after all, than shitpost on 4chan.
>>
>>52932631
it's not that I have anything to hide
I'd just rather mitigate the amount of surveillance I receive, I'm not a terrorist, so I should be left alone
>>
>shit bait lintard thread #1 billion
>200+ replies
when will you guys learn

sage in all fields
>>
As a Windows 7 user, I'll be the first to admit Windows is shit. But you know what? Linux is even shittier.

Here's my Linux wishlist, once all this is accomplished, I'd be happy to use it full time:

-X.org completely removed and thrown in the trash
-Nvidia pulls their head out of their ass and makes Wayland drivers
-Everyone rewrites their GUIs to not suck horribly, preferably hiring someone who knows what the fuck they are doing and not some coder who thinks the terminal is all you need
-Everything just fucking works
-The system doesn't have a shitfit when you update everything
>>
>>52927466
I use Linux at home, but Windows at work.

>If your employer is forcing you to use proprietary software, you should seek an alternative or find a new job; they are oppressing your individual freedoms.

It's work and a work computer. Except during lunch there is nothing "individual" about what's on the computer. Just work stuff.

And my job is fantastic so I don't care about having a botnet at work. It's a small company and people are used to Windows. Everyone (except the CEO) in the company knows how to run Linux, but we write tons of stuff in Word and need the reference system and citation system there. LaTex is not known to everyone.
>>
>>52932706
>Implying i'll be baited into spoonfeeding wintards about why gnu is superior
just get back to >>>/v/
>>
>>52932828
>implying you could even if you tried
>implying that even if you tried it isn't some completely obscure bullshit that your average OS user doesn't care for
>>
>>52927466
Yeah ya know I actually tried to install linux...burned a DVD...didn't boot...said fuck it redownloaded file and uses unetbootin to stick it on a USB drive...wouldn't work...the distribution was mint...noob level distribution.

Used to install this shit with ease back in the day. Live DVD worked...USB worked...easy shit...now a common as shit distribution will not work.

There's my excuse. It's a pain in the goddamned ass...I have a full time job a wife and two kids...I do not have time for bullshit anymore. Maybe five years ago sure..but now? Fuck that noise I do not have time to lurk forums for a solution to some weird shit. ITS NOT WORTH IT.

And GODDAMNED do I hate loathe and despise windows 10...but 15 mins with trying to boot Linux and I remember why I FUCKING left.
>>
File: 32.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
32.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
>>52932854
>>
>>52932862
git gud winbabby
literal children can install and use linux just fine
>>
>>52932872
>wellmemed.jpg
>>
>>52932880
Blow me...maybe if I was an unmarried jobless NEET I'd have the time to give a shit...but in the real world we don't. And if Linux wants to ever extend beyond servers this has to be admitted and changed.

The real kicker is I used to run mint with fluxbox on all my laptops back in the day with zero trouble installing... Go into bios change boot order and its done...WHAT fucking broke?
>>
>>52932890
>posts the name of a picture instead of the image itself
>on an image board
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>52932999
I am in fact at work, where i don't bother saving "dank memes". I know this is an alien concept to your NEET sorry ass, but some people actually do it.
>>
>>52927466
This reeks of something written by a person who has never worked a day in his life.
To most employers, you are nothing but an expendable resource. The moment you start yapping about personal freedom to your boss, and demand that he let you use your choice of software, is the moment you'll be thrown on the street.
If it's so importnant to you, start your own company and only hire loonix users. Start the revolution, you so desperately crave.
>>
>>52933011
Also, as a side note, i find it rather interesting that all of the arguments i have received for my posts are in the lines of.

>go to v
>go to reddit
>i could explain to you why linux is so great but i won't
>this is bait
>nothing to hide nothing to fear

Well done people! Linux master race and 2016 year of Linux on PC, am i rite?
>>
>>52933047
Children acting like children... What exactly were you expecting?
>>
>>52927502
In that case you don't really seem to be interested in technology. So why are you here?
>>
>>52933059
Not much really, i am just as bad as they are for endorsing them. But i am feeling rather unproductive today so i did it for the means of passing time until i can get off work.
>>
>>52933062
>I have to be an autist to enjoy technology
>I have to give up the MS Office and Adobe suite
>>
>>52933047
>everyone who reply to me are one person
Also, you don't seem to be taking a hint. So I spell it out for you. You don't belong on this board. kindly fuck off and find somewhere infiltrated by more retards like yourself
>>
>>52933110
>i have the authority to decide who belongs to this board or not
>i also make such statements with a tone that implies i own or belong to this board

Tell your mom to stop giving you so much sugar. It makes you hyper on the internet and delusional.
>>
>>52933110
Our special loonix knowledge is a forbidden art we do not disclose with outsiders...begone pleb so we can get back to bitching about people who don't use our OS we refuse to discuss in any detail...

Linux community is toxic...I can only wonder how many people you've driven away from Linux...
>>
>>52933073
I feel ya...it is strange vibe here though admittedly... Someone asks a question... Someone else honestly answers... Then the kids sperg out.

If you didn't want the answer why the hell did you ask?
>>
>>52927466
Get a job. You'll find out. There's a reason why apple uses windows to run the production software for their devices.
>>
>>52927466
Oh look, another 12 year old that has no clue of the working world and is just spewing random bullshit. How about you get your head out of your mothers ass and actually get informed on how the world works?
>>
>>52927750
>This board is full of 17 yo linux shitheads that have never had a job
Fixed that for you

Why do we have that shitty thread every day goddamit? Use what does the job for you.

I have an android and a windows phone, run a linux web and monitoring server and about 30 windows servers.
>>
>>52933138
>Linux community is toxic
This. I've grown up on Windows, and would love to use Linux more. But I also have a 37 hour work week in a company that use Windows for 90% of our systems, so I have to get my experience in at home.
But heavens forbid that you ask a question, lest the loonix autists flocks down and sperg you to death.
>>
>>52933138
>Implying i want plebs like you to shit up gnu community
The wintards & gaymen in this thread are poison to gnu. They'll serve no purpose but to shit on gnu if they adopt it. which means I'll have to leave my home os to find another, that hasn't been poisoned by them. I do not want that.
This is a technology enthusiast board. I want tech illiterate people to leave.
>muh games
>>>/v/
>muh job
>>>/biz/
>>
Linux is nice for low-spec machines like my cheap Chromebook via crouton. It's easy on the battery, boots fast, no bloat, etc.
xfce works well although it's comically ugly compared to Chrome OS, OS X, and Windows 10 even with ricing.

Since Linux doesn't run many games and lacks certain productivity software, I don't see any reason to use it on anything other than lightweight machines, and OS X/Windows on my main machine. Not to mention it's somewhat of a hassle to learn, so I spend more time tweaking shit than getting shit done.
>>
>>52927466
Becuase I need my computer to do actual work (not linux) and I'm not a cuck (not mac)
>>
>>52933175
Ever noticed these obnoxious kids are fucking eager as piss to ban fucking everything they personally don't like? Even discussion and opinions? It's like they actively hate discussion and freedom of speech...

Yes ban everything I don't like from the board and send them all to /v/...that'll teach em to have unapproved thoughts...
>>
>>52933184
Good thing they only add up to like 1% of the total PC OS share. I wouldn't be surprised if all of them are here on and off.
>>
>>52930986
>Linux base
>Counting in all fucktards who have an android phone paid for by their mom
Ok
>>
File: 1293937842152.jpg (61KB, 425x480px) Image search: [Google]
1293937842152.jpg
61KB, 425x480px
>>52931166
>Why did package manager break my installation again?
>Oh wait I don't have a job so I got plenty of time fixing that shit.
>Feel like leet haxor typing random shit in console
>>
>>52933193
Actually you are poison to GNU...the sad part is you're too stuck up your ass to ever realize why.

And you will never get it.
>>
>>52933240
>It's like they actively hate discussion and freedom of speech...
That's the funniest of them all.
>I DON'T USE WINDOWS BECAUSE MUH FREEDUMBS
>BAN EVERYTHING NON LOONIX RELATED BECAUSE SHIT ON THEIR FREEDUMBS
>>
>>52927466
>Why?
video games
Not video games?
OS X then

Linux is a server OS which is ok to have it as a box that you can ssh into, but not a desktop OS
>>
>>52933089
>Office
>>>/facebook/
Go make a spread sheet about how great office is. And don't forget that horrible presentation with the cringe animations.

Photoshop
>>>/gd/
It has nothing to do with technology.

Seriously, you're just hiding from technology - how can you call yourself a fan?

It's like riding a bike with sidewheels, and calling yourself bike enthusiasts.
>>
>>52933162
>I use Windows 10 in my slave job, that means I'm smart
>>
The only reason I use Windows is that my PEXHDCAP capture card doesn't work in Linux at all.
>>
>>52927466
It's shit but what you gonna do. Adobe Suite, and Sai are on it and I'm too broke for mac things.
>>
>>52927466
You won't convince anyone with this shitposting.

Go make Linux actually good so that people start making software for it and then we'll talk.
>>
>>52933380
Slave job??? Edgy teenager alert.

The real world is gonna break you real good.
>>
>>52933401
>>>/v/
fucking man child stop playing muh vidya and making muh youtube videos you fucking retard
>>
>>52933600
Stop doing enjoyable thing on your own machine you paid money for!!!

And you have the gall to call someone else a manchild
>>
>Linux users on /g/
>Claims to be for personal freedom
>"Convert or die!"
Kek, and you guys wonder why Linux isn't more widespread?
>>
>>52927466
vidya gaem
>>
>>52933749
Linux is not more widespread simply because it's hardware compatibility for new devices is inferior to windows'
You have to wait years or get old shit until you can say that you have maxed out the full potential of your build.
>>
>>52933820
I'm not saying it's the only reason.
But plenty of the Linux users who frequent /g/, that comes off as religious nutjobs, when they start sperging out, because people don't use the agreed upon hardware/software.
>>
>>52932307
>can't be bothered

you lazy ass nigger
>>
>>52927466
Because I'm an engineeringfag and all the big CAD programs are Windows-only.
>>
Gaems. Also Visual Studio. And Photoshop. And MS Office.
>>
>>52933592
all jobs are slave jobs
>>
>>52931333
Trips of three confirmed for truth.
>>
>plz install linux :'(((((
You're literally worse than shills. At least they get paid for it.
>>
>>52928346
but linux is literally nothing but third party software
>>
>linux on servers
good choice

>linux on desktops
holy shit what the fuck are you doing
>>
>>52927466
>muh proprietarchy
Some people actually need to be productive you know, not waste a whole day looking for some drivers or setting up some feature that should be there from the start. Plus there is a ton of closed source software that there is no decent alternative for on linux, unless you expect big game studios to make games in gimp and blender
>>
>>52934276
>not waste a whole day looking for some drivers
apt-get install nvidia-driver

Holy shit, that was hard. Everything else is already in the kernel.
>>
>>52933882
It's honestly not worth it, I hardly play many games anymore anyways
but it would be nice
>>
>>52934314
the only time I've ever had issues with linux drivers is getting WWAN cards to work since they act like serial devices and are wierd
>>
File: 1293937556249.jpg (62KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1293937556249.jpg
62KB, 720x540px
>>52933308
>Photoshop
>It has nothing to do with technology.
You just went full retard.
>>
>>52933380
I am dependent on my skills and a really cool boss, you are dependent of your mothers talents as a fat whore sucking cock, I don't know what's better.
>>
>>52934314
>apt-get install nvidia-driver
>You need X version 1.123.121.12 to install said driver
>Y Version 1212332212.12312 needs to be removed to install version 1.123.121.12 of x
>Sorry everything went to shit. Plz reinstall.
Fuck you.
>>
File: sheeple.png (46KB, 376x401px) Image search: [Google]
sheeple.png
46KB, 376x401px
the choice of operating system today is pretty much an irrelevant discussion. just pick what suits your needs the best, and then stfu.

if you really care about privacy, then you should be on the internet at all
>>
>>52927466

Why?

In short - games, CAD software, scientific software like Origin, looks.

Also, I stick to 7.
>>
>>52927466
>they are oppressing your individual freedoms.

You're oppressing my freedom to use windows as i see fit.
>>
>>52927840
You implied it when you said 17 yo /v/ shitters
>>
>>52928179

it doesn't.
>>
>>52927466
8.1 with Classic Shell is comfy. That's why.
>>
>technology board
>2016
>thinking your OS choice has any effect on "muh privacy".
>assuming that microshit is in bed with the NSA while Intel is not.

You gonna make your own processors in your garage, NEETs? Keep dreaming.
>>
linux is shit on desktops, its market share approves it.
>>
>>52935384
What? /thread? Is that how to quiet the privacy fanboys in one post?
>>
>>52927502
THIS
>>
>>52927502
After trying multiple distros, I have to fully agree with this. Linux is a broken piece of shit.
>>
>>52935384
Intel isn't the only CPU manufaturer.
Also:
>I've already smoked once in my life, better smoke 4 packs a day while I'm at it, I've smoked before after all
>>
>getting work done
Windows
>installing a meme os to brag on /g/
Linux
>>
>install gentoo
Install gentoo
>>
>>52935501
So because there exists other processor manufacturers, it follows that there is a processor manufacturer that has *not* been touched by the NSA? That's your argument? And then comparing computing to inhaling combustion toxicants..? "snooping" works in my favor because
1) I'm not panderable by target-marketing
2) I do not kiddie porn

What exactly is your goal here, Linux-zealot? Increased privacy requires a massive culture change, not shitposting on an obscure imageboard.

>I've already started fighting the fire at the tip of the flame. Better keep doing that while I'm at it.

That more your language? Your strategy is pants-on-head to say the least of it.
>>
>>52927466
My prebuilt came with windows 8.1. I switched to 10 because /g/ told me 8 got the telemetry update as well, anyway. But then I deleted the files to restore 8, defragged and shrank C:\ as much as windows would let me and installed linux on the free space. 50Gb /, 400Gb /home, and 4Gb swap on a 1Tb drive. And windows can sit there dormant in case I ever absolutely need it.
>>
>>52933916
Relying on mommy and daddy for your free shit then eh? Or is the precious government supposed to give you money? You're pathetic.
>>
>>52934314
This jackass has to use a fucking terminal just to install or update shit...dear god are you for real?
>>
>>52935640
You are just the product Microsoft wants and needs.
>>
>>52935933
i get my money from your taxes, cuck
>>
>>52935963
>LOL TERMINALS ARE SHIT R U 4 REEL
Better than downloading executables off shady websites and running them as administrator.
>>
>>52927466
Windows just werks.

Also, freetards, try to read this before you start to shitpost you "evil telemetry" pictures.
http://www.zdnet.com/article/when-it-comes-to-windows-10-privacy-dont-trust-amateur-analysts/
>>
>>52936035
So you get inferior amounts of money...and likely cannot afford a car will never get laid....hahahahahaha... It's worse than I thought.
>>
>>52936038
Wow...your really sad...you make me sad for you. I pity you now.
>>
>>52927466
>Why?
Because Microsoft pays major computer manufacturers to put Windows on their systems. Why else would they do it?
>>
>>52933239
What constitutes "actual work" to you?
>>
>>52927502
>WE
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
>>
>>52927466
Can't get shit done without photoshop senpai

>NTFS
Agreed, mega shut

>Fisher Price UI
Agreed lmao

>NSA kernel backdoors
More info please

>Botnet elements
Yeah that's super gay at least you can turn some off but still
>>
As an engineer Im bound for life for use of almost exclusively proprietary software. Pretty much any open source solution isnt worth a shit compared to commercial software.
>>
Wat do if something fucks up. Microsoft atleast has a support center
>>
>>52927466

I majorly use Visual Studio for C# development. There is no good alternative to that.
>>
>>52927502
Underrated comment
>>
Windows works just fine and it has games.
>>
>>52927466
Unity 3D, Adobe Premiere, Cubase, Davinci Resolve, Visual C#, better battery life on laptops, Apple hate.
>>
>>52927466
It's because it works.

How do you know that Linux and BSD are free from these backdoors? Do you read all the source? What if the compiller was compromissed in the first place?
>>
>>52927917
Only a few obscure distros (all from China) are LSB certificated.
>>
Shitpost thread
>>
How's the 390 driver for Linux gaming shizzle working today?Will I still get better performance shilling for nvidia?
>>
>>52927466
>>Inferior default filesystem
This doesn't affect my webrowsing experience, so meh.
>>Fisher-Price UI
Individual tastes, nuff said.
>>NSA kernel backdoors
Don't care.
>>Botnet elements (other)
Don't care.

Try harder.
>>
>>52928599
>WD HDD with backdoors

Can you elaborate how it works?
>>
>>52932912
Nothing. I installed Mint on my work computer literally 3 weeks ago.
>>
I use wanblows 10 to play games. I use Linux Mint for pretty much everything else. What's wrong with that?
>>
>>52936946
>lol I can't read
>>
>>52937319
How did you even infer that? That was a poster asking for more information. Or are people not allowed to ask questions and have to look up everything themselves?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-02-12-11-53-15.png (325KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-02-12-11-53-15.png
325KB, 1080x1920px
>>52937512
There are literally dozens of articles explaining this problem. All he had to do was type 4 words into Google.
>>
>>52936834
/g/uys ?
>>
>>52938177
AMD proprietary drivers have notoriously shit performance on GNU/Linux. Sorry, NVIDIA is just plain better.
>>
>>52935180
Yes, it does
>>
File: 560983745097.png (140KB, 1114x426px) Image search: [Google]
560983745097.png
140KB, 1114x426px
>>52933193
>REEEE normies
back to >>/r9k/ were all of you lincucks belong
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.