[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ Stupid Questions Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 331
Thread images: 37

File: 1455054931257.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1455054931257.webm
2MB, 640x480px
This thread was created to prevent anons from spamming new threads, for technology questions they have.
If you are that person, post your simple/small/stupid questions here

Don't bump. This is a slow board, and will continue to be. Wait for an answer or google it.

If you see other anons posting questions outside this thread, ignore or redirect them here
Use >>>/g/sqt as a link to find the sqt thread
>>
So I built a computer but I can't see my hard drives?
They're in the BIOS when I check and it says they are booting up but I can't find them in Disk Management or anywhere.
>>
Helllo, I want to encrypt all important files on my phone. I searched for encrypting apps on play store and found apps called S.S.E and Crypt4all lite. I want to know if I encrypt my files using one app, can I decrypt using another software on my computer or phone in future?
I encrypted a test file using Crypt4all and tried to decrypt using S.S.E, but I couldn't do that. Crypt4all uses .aes and SSE uses .enc, maybe that's why it failed. I searched for best encryption methods and found that AES 256 is best, do you recommend other methods?
>>
anyone know any windows activator that works for win7 ultimate on GPT?

DAZ loader only works with MBR and all the other activators i found aren't good for 7 ultimate.
>>
When buying a domain name what are the factors I need to consider when deciding who to buy from? I assume it's more than just price, but unless I totally don't understand the internet domain names are hosted by the DNS so no one registrar can be faster than another.
>>
>>52899450
depends on what you will host on it.
if it's any content that might trigger people, check for registrar's policy when it comes to complaints, they might seize the domain if someone reports you.
>>
Can coil whine give me tinnitus?
>>
I want to install the Android 6 Feb security patch for my Nexus 5 but when I choose the install option the phone simply boots into TWRP. Which folder do I find the update in? There's an update.zip in /cache, is that it?
>>
>>52899388
You shouldn't be using ultimate anyway. Get business.
>>
If you have SoC system that has for example PCIe 2.0 support, and you swap out the chip for a newer version with PCIe 3.0 support, are the PCIe slots designed to allow for PCIe 3.0?

I'm assuming it would given the slots merely provide a pathway to the southbridge on the chip and the backward compatibility with past PCIe iterations.
>>
Is there an easy way to switch between your ethernet connection and a VPN connection in your browser? It's a pain in the ass to stop OpenVPN completely if I want to post something.
>>
>>52899904
no
>>
>>52899994

What stops it from happening?
>>
>>52900018
I doubt you could just throw a new chip in and have it work flawlessly
>>
If I have a script that I nohup, and the script calls another script will that second script not hangup when I exit my ssh session?
>>
>>52900038
i'm not sure what you're trying to achieve, but tmux is probably the answer
>>
>>52900027

But if the PCIe controller is on the southbridge which is on the SoC/CPU chip, then swapping out the chip for a newer version with PCIe 3.0 should provide 3.0 in the same slots used for 2.0.
>>
File: pcPartsList.jpg (74KB, 1156x817px) Image search: [Google]
pcPartsList.jpg
74KB, 1156x817px
Hows this parts list look?

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/dxwPMp

Only reason I dont have an SSD is because I leave my desktop shut down for days at a time when I go camping and ive heard they will lose data after a while.

1TB drive will be boot drive and application drive because its more reliable than the 2TB. 2TB will be for vidya and movies.

970 because its all I can afford and would rather not mess with AMD.

i7 non-overclockable because I need to be able to run VMs, compile quickly, and im never gonna overclock.
>>
Is there anyway I can backup my data on a MircroSD with just ''Plug&Backup'' to a portable storage?

Im low on cash and can't afford a cheap laptop right now, and a second or 3rd SD 64GB card isn't gonna cut it with very high quality videos, I guess?
>>
Made a thread earlier...
How sufficient is a recovery factory reset for a PC to clean it if one doesn't have a stand-alone Windows cd?
Someone mentioned something about recovery relying on shit in the Win32 folder, so it's hard to say if a reset is good enough.
Also, pc came with win8.1 so I upgrade to 10, can I still harbor some nasty botnet?
>>
>>52900307
A lot of parts I'd never buy myself
>>
File: Builds.jpg (111KB, 1048x494px) Image search: [Google]
Builds.jpg
111KB, 1048x494px
I can get both these PCs for the same price but I am unsure, if I take the older i5 I gain 1TB of storage but the newer i5 is futureproof but slower clock speed? Which one should I choose, also what is Turbo Boost and can the Skylake motherboard perform it?
>>
I wanna get into torrenting for media and games. I used to use pirate bay a few years back and you torrent but I forgot what to do and I fucked up bad last time I tried it. Can someone tell me what to do? I have tor so maybe that's a start?
>>
Why do American police shoot so many people?

In my country police don't even carry guns most of the time... I can't fathom how a supposedly "civilized" nation could allow its police to go out and kill so many of its citizens every single day.
>>
>>52900812
you need a seedbox, unless you want to get caught. do not use tor for fucking torrents.
>>
>>52900828
Eh, depending on your country "getting caught" is not actually that big a deal. Usually they just send a threatening letter and that's the end of it.

Most companies have learned by now that it's counterproductive to go around suing people who download stuff, since it just turns into a PR disaster as all the sob stories of 12 year old girls or tech illiterate grandma who downloaded one song and get hit with six figure fines come out.
>>
I have a 4gb usb that used to have an encryption tool on it which would make a 'partition' of the usb readable if you typed in a password.
however i reformated the unencrypted section which was 250mb of the 4gb usb and now if I go in any partition manager it just says it is 250/250mb.
how do i get my full 4gb back?
>>
>>52900828
What's the /g/o to seedbox?
>>
>>52899164
Hey /g/

2 questions:

>1
What's the minnimum PSU wattage I should aim for if I want to OC my 4690k and gtx 970 (gigabyte g1 if it matters)?

>2
Will I see any benefit in gaming if I switch my cl10 1333mhz ram to, let's say, 2133 cl9 ram?
>>
I would like to play with a vps, nothing major, just try and setup a few basic projects. Would the free tier EC2 instances be good for this? Also, does the free tier run out after the 12 months or not?
>>
hey /g/
how can i make my ubuntu 15.10 runs the following code everytime i start the system. i tryied puttin this code on /etc/X11/xorg.conf but it did not work and my mouse sensitivity went back to the way it was.

xinput set-prop 12 "Device Accel Constant Deceleration" 4
>>
What's the best and fastest way to change a raster image into a vector?

>>52901141
Ubuntu has a tool for running things on boot, make a bash script, put it somewhere, then make a rule in that tool and add the script.
>>
I'm looking for a smartphone, around the same size as the Lumia 630, but an Android.

Any recs?
>>
What's a good price for a used 970 evga?
>>
>>52900503
Elaborate or fuck off you useless cuck.
>>
When a healthy HDD writes, it makes this "writing noise", right? That high-speed "tapping" noise.

Is it the same for all HDDs or do some drives operate quieter?

I have a WD Black drive, and I'm wondering if other drives really are that much quieter, because I can only hear the Black HDD when it's writing loads of stuff.
>>
>>52900812
Tip 1: Don't use Tor, it's a honeypot for pedophiles.

Tip 2: Don't use The Pirate Bay, it was taken down in a razzia last year, and suddenly a few days later "came back up". It's been compromised, abandon it. Use kat.cr or something instead.

Tip 3: Don't use uTorrent or Vuze, they used to be the very best Torrent clients out there, but they became so big that the commercial companies ate them up, and it's now become a bundleware nightmare, and isn't the lightweighter it used to be. Right now, I found Deluge is a good option.

Hope this is of any help to you.
>>
>>52901698
nice fud
>>
>>52901698
>>52900812
Also, basic guide:

Install Torrent client
Go to torrent site
Download .torrent file or click "Open magnet link"
File or link opens in torrent client
Select where to save
Download starts, and eventually completes
When the download is complete, keep it there. This will share the torrent further, and this is how the torrent infrastructure survives. Please don't hit and run.

Enjoy your content.
>>
>>52900406
If you want to be 100%, download ProduKey, use it to find your Windows 10 product key, write it down IRL (VERY IMPORTANT), use Windows Media Creation Tool to create a Windows 10 installation media on a DVD, and use the DVD to install a completely fresh Windows 10. Insert your product key when prompted, and you should be good to go. Upgraded Windows 10 is usually buggy, a clean install is much more stable.
>>
>>52900079
If you ever find this out (maybe after talking to the motherboard producer?), be sure to let me know! This is an interesting question.
>>
File: 1455123142605925750120.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
1455123142605925750120.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
Vga on other end, rgb on other.

How does this handle sync, and could it convert video both ways?
>>
>>52899269
Probably because they are partitioned incorrectly. Boot up GParted and re-make the MBR.
>>
>>52901928
What sync? If I'm correct, these connectors both transmit analog signals and will display the real-time change in the signal on the screen. It's not like the digital ones that need to send everything at the right time in the correct order.
>>
>>52901774
Enjoy your bloated software and possible fine/arrest. Just trying to help here.
>>
>>52901001
A VPS hosted in Asia, preferably Japan.
>>
Is there any good free VPN? I'm looking for ones with good speed, not privacy purpose.
>>
>>52899164

In the bash command:

echo '#include<stdio.h>' | cpp -H -o /dev/null 2>&1 | head -n1

... what is the 'cpp' command? Does it mean C++? If so, why can't I replace it with 'c'? Do C and C++ share their libraries? Is it the same header file I'd use in a C program?

Thank you. Basically, I'm learning how to view header files in Ubuntu and I'm making sure that I'm viewing the right files as well as searching for them and opening them in the right way.
>>
>>52901972
??
of course analog video needs sync. Just asking how it's done here.

>>52902006
isn't japan super anal about piracy?

>>52902048
Free VPN solutions are mostly honeypots and botnets. Especially here, the user becomes the product.

>>52902095
man cpp
cpp --help
>>
>>52902129
That explains it.

The fact that it's called cpp is confusing.

Thanks dude.
>>
>>52902129
>>52902166

Last question:

Is there a simpler way to search for a view C header files in Ubuntu? I tend to use the above command to list the file location and then I open it in gedit.
>>
>>52902129
I just literally said I don't gave a fuck about honeypots and botnets.
>>
>>52901972
the sync signals effectively define the line count and line scanning speed

it's like, lets say you have a raw image file, just pixel colors and no other information
you can't view them directly, because you don't know how wide or how tall the actual image is, you only have the pixels
the sync signals are the metadata that enables the display to know where on the screen it needs to draw what is on the R, G, B wires

>>52901928
VGA is RGBHV, that is, seperate horizontal and vertical sync wires
other common methods are RGBS (composite sync, aka horizontal and vertical sync on one wire, SCART for example uses this) and SoG (sync-on-green, which is composite sync on the green wire, some old workstation systems/monitors use this, as does the playstation 2)
>>
>>52902218
*give
>>
can i use my poo as thermal paste

thanks
>>
>>52902268
at least you're in the right thread.
>>
>>52902268
No but you can and should use it as toothpaste and eye drops.
>>
How do I turn off the red lines next to my posts from 4chan x
>>
>>52900669
Halp
>>
Do USB type C front panel ports use the same motherboard headers as normal USB 3.1?
>>
>>52902500
Oh wow first non meme build I've seen all week. +1 to the Haswell, MSI, Seagate, AMD build. Legitimately the best parts you can buy.
>>
Is it alright to encode from a remux instead of the full BD?
>>
I'm upgrading to a 4K IPS monitor when I get my tax refunds. Upgrading from a 1080p TN monitor, how dogshit will it look if I put my TN next to the IPS?
>>
>>52903052
IPS has horrible shadowing
>>
Should I upgrade my GTX 770 to an R9 390 or upgrade my i5 4590 to an i7?
Can't do both.
>>
>>52899947
you can set programs to use a specific connection and use a second browser or just a different version of the same.

>>52900307
>>52901405
hyper 212 is fucking retarded on that huge budget.
dont buy ram with heatsinks that sticks up above the pcb.
why the fuck are you buying different sized hard drives?
something something 3.5GB
Define R4 is old as fucking balls. They have newer cases.
You dont need 80+ platinum, you're just wasting money.
And who still uses physical media in this age?

>>52900812
>>52900828
>what is VPN

>>52902506
doesnt C type support a whole bunch of extra shit like 100W charging? 3.1 cant do that so it would need diff cable and headers.

>>52903201
graphics card. btw is your cpu unlocked (-K model) ?
>>
>>52900307
>>52903241
also
>no SSD
kek
>>
Should I get a 9-cell battery again? I really use a battery for going between one stationary position to another and hooking back to AC, but my laptop came with a 9-cell battery (which was stolen).

There is a cheaper 6-cell available, but not much different in price.
>>
File: Capture.png (4KB, 51x534px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
4KB, 51x534px
Hi /sqt/
I need to find mean and median of two lists of numbers like pic related (but a few thousand times as long).
Manually entering the numbers in excel would take forever, so, it there some program I can use to take the numbers out of a .png file and write them in a text file (or better yet, directly into excel)?
Possibly it should also be able to differentiate whether the background is green or red.
Thanks!
>>
File: 1454691202269.png (505KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1454691202269.png
505KB, 640x480px
>>52903278
>There is a cheaper 6-cell available, but not much different in price.
so why are you even asking?
>>
Better to build a $1k budget pc now or wait? Anything being introduced fairly soon?
>>
>>52903300
can you afford buying the software that can extract info from images?
>>
I have received a computer with what looks like adware. It redirects browsers to 'mysites123'.
I have removed the added string from FF shortcut and deleted the entry in FF searches.

SAS, MBAM nor Bitdefender could find anything. All reports system to be clean. However after some time the redirects are back. Anybody has experience with this?
>>
>>52903325
I'd rather not, this isn't for work but a personal thing, and I'll also only have to do it once.
If you give me a name of a program that does this well and it's commonly available I can torrent it.
>>
>>52903318
wait. yes this spring.

>>52903326
try eset online scanner. reinstall browser or reset browser while windows is in safe-mode.

or just format.
>>
>>52903364
at least try finding something yourself first.
>>
>>52903326
I don't know if this is helpful, but check the list of installed programs and see if it is an installed program. It happened to me before with a toolbar

>>52899164
when are (external) HDDs the cheapest?
>>
>>52903326
i had something similar a few years back
what usually happens is that there's a file hidden somewhere which runs at startup, and then based on what appears to be a random interval decides to recreate the association.
check the registry.

>>52903387
>anon asks for help
>"fuck off, do it yourself"
wewlad
>>
>>52903528
>when are (external) HDDs the cheapest?
never

>>52903544
>wants to be spoon-fed
go suck on yo mamas tits, manchild.
>>
>>52903570
>/sqt/
>not spoonfeeding
Literally the whole thread is a gigantic spoonfeed fest, and that's pretty much the point of it.
>>
>>52903528
>>52903544
Yeah I've already done that. Checked services/programs that starts up through msconfig. Also checked the startup folder.

I might check the list of installed programs. Meanwhile reinstalling the brwoser might be good idea too as per >>52903370 suggestion.
>>
File: 1408043371621.png (142KB, 686x441px) Image search: [Google]
1408043371621.png
142KB, 686x441px
Sometimes when I shutdown or even when my laptop crashes, it likes to rearrange all the icons on the desktop and I have to spend like 10 minutes putting them back to where they were.
Is there a definite way to prevent it from happening? Or at the very least is there a way to quickly place them back with like a small script or something?
>>
I wanted to watch some youtube, but it keeps buffering endlessly. This is for both my computer and laptop. I tried clearing my cache of firefox. but didn't help.
Any suggestions?
>>
>>52903679
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/131690/how-can-i-programmatically-manipulate-windows-desktop-icon-locations
if this is happening often you might want to look into what is causing these crashes and incorrect shutdowns.
>>
Any javafags around here? A java-based api I have been working with is returning a date incorrectly from a db. It's random though, sometimes it'll be off by one day( it returns the previous day), other times it'll be correct.

I know there are some nuances when working with dates in java but I cannot fathom why it would be randomly choosing one. Any ideas?
>>
>>52903744
I'm not too familiar with this sort of system, but since it's "randomly" off by one day (and always only one day) it seems like the date might be given in different timezone than your, check that is not the case.
>>
>>52903712
Install flash or stop using Firefox developer edition
>>
Alright, asked yesterday but didn't get any answers so I'll try again today.

Building my first PC, already got everything off newegg/amazon last night.

All that's left is a monitor and keyboard. And I really need help finding affordable and decent suggestions.

All the mechanical keyboards I can find are $80 1337 g4m3r gear and all the monitors I can find are $300 for anything above 60hz
>>
>>52903771
I thought it was a timezone issue too, but it doesn't make sense because of this:

When repeatably making calls to the service, it returns the different days from the calls that are seconds apart.
>>
>>52903611
>I might check the list of installed programs
dude that's fucking basic troubleshooting shit. do it right now.

>>52903794
check ebay/craigslist for older keyboards

if you dont want/need a decent monitor for gaming or media just get one with good reviews.
>>
Running a plex server on debian 8, and it's my first time ever using linux. I've got it set up with some movies and tv shows, and I just have a quick question about adding more.

To get all of the movies in the appropriate folders in the plex directory, I had to change the ownership of the folder from plex to myself, add the files, then give plex ownership again. Is there a more convenient way of doing this in the future? Perhaps a way to give both myself and plex ownership, so that I can add files and it can still access them/make them streamable?
>>
>>52903876
Group permissions might be your thing.
>>
>>52903794
I have had this monitor for about 2 years now (although it was about $75 cheaper when I bought it)

http://www.amazon.com/Asus-VG248QE-24-inch-Ergonomic-Back-lit/dp/B00B2HH7G0

That said, just get something you can afford as far as monitors go. Reviews are pretty reliable. I used a shitty $5 keyboard for 1.5 years until I had enough dosh saved up to afford an actual mechanical keyboard. I recommend you do the same. It's hardly noticeable once you adjust.
>>
>>52903861
Should have said it is for gaming, so +60hz is important to me. Otherwise I would just jump on that %40 off Dell coupon going on right now and get a solid cheap 60hz.

Mechanical keyboard is way less important to me, though. I won't really mind much if I just have to roll with a $15 dollar logitech or something. The satisfying click just isn't worth the hundred dollars.
>>
>>52903886
I'll look into that, thank you.

Does anyone else use plex? If I want to stream from my server out of home (school/work/etc) do I need the plex pass? It seems to indicate that on their website. Right now I can only stream over the network the sever's attached to.
>>
>>52903909
>The satisfying click just isn't worth the hundred dollars.
they're not all click and if you get an older/used model or REALLY OLD rebrand you can get them cheap as fuck, hence why i said check ebay/craig for OLD keyboards
>>
Can I move my modem/router to any coax port in the house without having to call my ISP to do some configuration? We've always had the modem in the basement but no one ever goes down there anymore. I'm thinking about moving it upstairs to the family room, buying a splitter, and having it hooked up to the same coax port that the TV is connected to. Will that cause any problems?
>>
Did I do gud?

http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/
>>
>>52903954
no you failed miserably.
>>
>>52903899
Yeah, that's the exact monitor I keep ending up at when I search the internet.

Problem is it's about $50 out of my range, but I can't find anything cheaper.
>>
>>52903946
depends on what type of connection you have. ADSL for example has to be the 'first' jack. Call them and ask, or just put the modem wherever you want and run a fucking cable from the basement.

>>52903966
bite the bullet.
>>
File: 1439614472393.jpg (14KB, 291x343px) Image search: [Google]
1439614472393.jpg
14KB, 291x343px
>>52903963
Aaw why?
>>
>>52904015
We can't see your partlist dummy. It's prolly saved in a cookie, you need to save the build and post the link of the saved build.
>>
>>52903966
Yeah dude gonna have to go with>>52904003

It's a little more expensive, but it's a great monitor. If you literally can't afford I would say wait until you have more cash. If you're not planning on building for 2K/4K gaming in the near future, this is the monitor for you. When you eventually upgrade for 2K/4K then you can consider upgrading your monitor.

Or you can be like me, be cheap, and just downsample everything.
>>
File: 20160210_211821.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
20160210_211821.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
Can you name the cable I need for this, please?
>>
could I use a win 7 OEM key on a new laptop, with a clean win 10 install? From what I heard it actually works
>>
>>52904160
USB-B
>>
>>52904178
OEM keys are locked to the hardware.
>>
Are 4k monitors worth it?
>>
File: powerconsumption.png (46KB, 400x507px) Image search: [Google]
powerconsumption.png
46KB, 400x507px
When mining buttcoins, my TDP Power Consumption goes over 100%. I assume this is a bad thing. Anyone know why it might be happening, and what I can do to stop it from happening?
>>
Hey m'ladys, mongoloid here.
At work I got a dell optiplex 7010 workstation with 2x displayports and 1x VGA port, if I use 3 monitors I get an error and only two of them will work. The pc got Intel HD integrated gpu can't find number anywhere, so I was wondering if I can use a USB to VGA gpu for the 3rd monitor. Any one got experience with this? Will it werk ? Idk if refresh rate is penor on USB monitor cuz I will use it for surfing
>>
>>52904232
The only correct answer to that question is: it depends.

What's your current rig? What are you using it for? Will it send you to the poorhouse to buy a 4K monitor / 4K capable rig?

If you want to wag your big huge penis around the internet, buy one.
>>
>>52904280
Stop mining bitcoins?
>>
>>52904280
>GTX 980
Stop right now. Unless you use specialized GPUs, you will make close to 0 by mining, and chances are the increase in your electrical bills will actually be higher than what you earn, never mind the fact that you'll burn out your hardware real quick.
You're more likely to make money by speculating on the bitcoin market.
>>
Does anyone here know the circuit diagram or pin diagram for USB microSD card readers? Google just wants to sell me shit.... Specifically I need to see how data from the SD card is communicated over the USB port. Thanks in advance.
>>
File: microsdpinout.jpg (9KB, 277x182px) Image search: [Google]
microsdpinout.jpg
9KB, 277x182px
>>52904295
no, the gpu chip has to actually support that many monitors to begin with. find out exactly what gpu model it is.

>>52904357
like this? search 'pinout' to see what all the pins are for
>>
>>52904357
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=pin+diagram+for+USB+microSD+card+readers
>>
How would i map a mouse function to a keybutton?
My mouse has 2 buttons on top i've never used,and i was wondering if i could map scroll down and scroll up to them.
They dont seem to be sending a keycode though
>>
>>52904280
LOL
The chinese farmers are running 50 apu rigs and they are barely making money.Bitcoin mining is over.
>>
ok anons
quick poll
one choice

ASUS ZF2
OR
HONOR 5X
>>
>>52904485
both are shit
get a proper phone
>>
>>52904332
>>52904320
I'm not actually mining for money. I use it as a stress test for the GPU. I run it for 12 hours and make sure everything's stable. My GPU seems to go over 100% power, and I'm not sure why.
>>
>>52904485
>>>/g/spg/
>>
In Firefox, is there any way to redirect network traffic?

For example, when I visit website.com and it requests website.com/image.jpg it would be blocked and redirected to instead load localhost/image.jpg
>>
File: 1429500032773.jpg (22KB, 453x453px) Image search: [Google]
1429500032773.jpg
22KB, 453x453px
>>52904506
how are you supposed to test stability of graphics without testing the actual graphics?
>>
>>52904506
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermal_design_power
>The TDP is typically not the largest amount of heat the CPU could ever generate (peak power), such as by running a power virus, but rather the maximum amount of heat that it would generate when running "real applications." This ensures the computer will be able to handle essentially all applications without exceeding its thermal envelope, or requiring a cooling system for the maximum theoretical power (which would cost more but in favor of extra headroom for processing power).[2]
>Some sources state that the peak power for a microprocessor is usually 1.5 times the TDP rating.
tldr: you're fine, don't worry

also: that's a shit way of stress-testing a GPU
>>
>>52904415
That's just the SD card though. I need to see how it connects to USB.
>>
so i'm trying to return two char in c++.
suit = 'a';;
value = 'b';
//something like
return 'suit + 'value'; // they are char

is there any form to print that in string?
>>
>>52904419
Nigger you missed the part where googled wasn't showing me what I needed
>>
File: IMG_20160210_215032.jpg (1MB, 3328x1872px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160210_215032.jpg
1MB, 3328x1872px
trying to install windows xp (got from torrent, comments saying it works) on this shitty laptop and it's been stuck like this for a while
honestly no idea what to do. i already tried restart and re-format but nothing

any ideas/help /g/?
>>
>>52904566
>trying to install windows xp
y tho
>>
File: GRXwmSr.gif (2MB, 555x353px) Image search: [Google]
GRXwmSr.gif
2MB, 555x353px
>>52904551
just add that to the fucking search term then
>microsd to usb pinout
>microsd usb adapter pinout

how the fuck do you even function in real life if you dont have enough braincells to figure this shit out?
>>
>>52904566
corrupted ISO or broken HDD. also: >>52904585
>>
>>52904560
std::string += op?
>>
Anyone have a torrent or download to a good cracked Windows 7? First time installing a new OS and I'm scared of fucking it up.

I just can't handle Windows 10 anymore.
>>
>>52904600
Holy shit how do you function with such low reading comprehension?

I already searched google thoroughly and I have seen: SD to microsd pins, SD to microcontroller pins, USB to microcontroller pins, USB to micro USB pins, SD to molex pin, USB pins, SD card pins, etc

But I have yet to find USB to SD card circuit diagrams. Hence the reason I asked. Just because Google can throw shit on screen doesn't mean it is what you are looking for.
>>
>>52904585
friend's shitty laptop of 512mb ram.
>>52904611
idk there already was an os on the laptop and it was working.
this is the one i'm torrenting
https://thepiratebay.se/torrent/9056881/Windows_XP_Home_Edition(SP3)[.ISO]

idk what to do
>>
>>52904650
What don't you like about windows 10? I just switched from 7.
>>
File: what could be.png (77KB, 677x1014px) Image search: [Google]
what could be.png
77KB, 677x1014px
>>52899164
What could be causing this?
>What type of connection
Using WLAN card
>When this started
Since I bought this new motherboard
>Try LAN
Gonna try soon, but curious if there is other stuff causing this
>Reinstalled Windows?
Yes, multiple times, Just lived with it until started playing ArmA 3, it started to suck, because desync and much
>>
File: sd-reader-schematic.png (38KB, 898x630px) Image search: [Google]
sd-reader-schematic.png
38KB, 898x630px
>>52904650
never download pre-activated/pre-cracked windows ISO.
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:3745914E391062A36E58EB7973C7C7C3E20F6D8F
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:3558CC5A599841B3BAA98D960E259CAA66748E6D

>>52904660
maybe you should learn how to ask questions and be more specific

>>52904677
again, why are you installing windows xp?
>>
>>52904660
do you want to know how the actual card reader works or how the conversion from sd to usb works? be more specific you ungrateful faggot
>>
>>52904720
can't run win 7 (too slow) and he needs windows related stuff
>>
File: 1454446748812.jpg (48KB, 470x483px) Image search: [Google]
1454446748812.jpg
48KB, 470x483px
got assfucked trying to install removewatt, do i format? Ran malwarebytes and removed stuff but i'm still afraid shits still there
>>
>>52904746
try win10, it has lower requirements.

you dont want to be using XP because it no longer has any support and is full of security holes.
>>
>>52904687
nvm, cable works
oh well Wlan card was cheap anyways, and now I have cable
>>
>>52904684
Tablet bullshit, more crashes, but mostly I just missing knowing how to do anything I wanted.

I'm sure I'll switch back when DX12 starts hitting and I'm forced to.
>>
>>52904746
>w7 too slow
>hurp durp better install xp
come on mate
>>
Is SSD king? Should I even bother with a HDD if I'm doing a new build?
>>
>>52904760
>removewat
why are people still using this shit?

and if you're still paranoid/not sure you removed it, format is your only option.
>>
>>52904766
would 512 mb ram be really able to run win 10? it's a relly old laptop too
>>
>>52904720
Thanks for the magnet, Anon.
>>
i have a hdd from 2008 that still works fine. it hasnt been used at all for the last 4 years. 460gb of ram. planning to enclose it as an external drive, but since its old, what are the chances of it dying on me soon?
>>
>>52904785
what else can i use?
>>
>>52904777
it had xp the first time. we tried 7 and it really was slow.

[spoiler]nice trips though[/spoiler]
>>
>>52904779
yes, you should use HDDs for files where access time doesn't need to be super low (small files, A/V or anything that buffers really, etc.)
also i recall reading that SSDs have ~5x the failure rate, but that might be outdated
>>
>>52904720
The circuit diagram for a USB SD card reader is pretty fucking specific.

>>52904735
Ungrateful??? You just told me to Google it myself (which I mentioned in my first post I already did) wtf I am supposed to be grateful for?

But since you asked the conversion from 8 pin SD card to 4 pin USB. I could figure it out myself if I could just see a circuit diagram of one. I am already pretty sure I know what's happening but I am not just going to take my best guess and hope I am right.
>>
>>52904822
if windows 7 really is too slow (and you really need windows), thrash the laptop and get a thinkpad off craigslist, if you really don't have money go dumpster diving
using XP right now is plain retarded
>>
>>52903326
I've had success with the following approach: Fire up the browser,when it redirects,open up a terminal and use netstat to get the IP of the redirect.Once you've established the source Google something along the lines of "malware <insert the IP here>. 99% of the time you'll get the name of the malware and how to remove it manually.Good luck.
>>
File: 1451572306912-1.jpg (65KB, 177x397px) Image search: [Google]
1451572306912-1.jpg
65KB, 177x397px
>>52904767
6 min between posts. WTF noh.
>>
>>52904822
more RAM

>>52904824
yes very outdated.

>>52904817
DAZ / mstoolkit

>>52904805
quite small
>>
>>52904805
Over 8gb of ram is a meme
>>
I get audio popping whenever I connect using my wireless NIC (normally I'm connected via powerline, but I think it's dead because it's not connecting).

Anyway, what might be causing the popping? I have a USB wireless stick and audio is fine with that.
>>
>>52904833
no, ungrateful for us trying to help you and you just bitching.

this might help, also last reply for you from me
>http://jumpespjump blogspot /2013/01/making-usb-flash-drive-hw-trojan.html
>>
>>52905019
bad shielding on the mobo audiochip/soundcard
>>
>>52904853
Is it really? For simple browsing for a pleb? Assuming no security is needed?
>>
>>52899164
so im downloading some kinky japanese porn through a torrent. its been downloading for a week and its been on 99.9%. none of the seeders have this last piece of the file.

im downloading it with transmission so i have a .part file. i tried to play it with mpv and vlc and they didn't like it.

what do i need to do to the transmission .part file to make it playable? i dont care if there's a few missing frames.
>>
File: 1428019320209.jpg (40KB, 604x537px) Image search: [Google]
1428019320209.jpg
40KB, 604x537px
>>52905081
>going on the internet
>pleb user
security is absolutely needed then

>>52905114
fake torrent.
>>
>>52905132
>fake torrent.
it's a real torrent.
>>
I'm switching from wifi-menu to connman, and now I get IP addresses of my router but I can't ping my router.
I can however SSH into devices connected to my subnet, but I can't reach the internet.
What's wrong?
>>
>>52904937
alright thanks gonna use it for movies anyway so not a big deal if i lose it
>>52904995
lmao why did i write that
>>
>>52905159
are there comments on the torrent site confirming it's real?

if not, stopping on 99.9% is standard for fake torrents.
>>
>>52905114
>none of the seeders
Then they arent seeders are they?
Either keep waiting or find a better source.Thats it
>>
could giving amazon a false identity lead to problems?
>>
I don't know how to describe the sound, sounds kinda like a weird buzzer or something. But it happens randomly, but within the last 30 minutes it has happened 3 times. My computer freezes for like ½ a second while making the buzzer sound.

According to Speccy, my computer is not overheating

What could the problem be?
>>
What are the best classifyers for a mixed variable data set?
>>
>>52905028
Telling someone to Google it is not helping you idiotically arrogant cunt. You also could have just never responded or responded with "I don't know".
>>
>>52905238
my first reply to you was not "google it" you retarded cunt
>>
>>52905206
the torrent is real you fucking faggot
>>
>>52905238
There is a place for just 'google it' but it is not in the SQT. So you are wrong about the 'google it' = don't know.
>>
File: VID_20160210_162806.webm (3MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
VID_20160210_162806.webm
3MB, 1024x768px
Is this normal or something to worry about? This has been happening with my new MSI R9 390. This only happens when I turn the monitor off that's connected through DVI.
>>
>>52905314
you didnt answer the question, faggot
>>
>>52905314
Then wait you fucker.
>ask something, don't like the anwser
>faggot
>>
>>52905337
would help is you explained what's going on...
>>
>>52905338
>>52905357
just a prank bro
>>
>>52905363

>Turn monitor off that is connected via DVI, turning it back on causes both monitors to go black before coming back on
>Turn monitor off that is connected via HDMI, turning it back on doesn't affect the other one

My 270X has never done this so I'm just curious if this is something I worry about.
>>
>>52905399

*something I should worry about, sorry.
>>
File: Untitled.png (191KB, 922x615px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
191KB, 922x615px
Help, why the fuck did I buy a product from this meme company, how the hell do I adjust mouse settings there's nothing in this synapse bullshit.
>>
>>52905462
You could start by not being on the stats page
>>
Kindle Fire HDX or iPad mini 2?
http://www.gsmarena.com/amazon_kindle_fire_hdx_8_9-5728.php
http://www.gsmarena.com/apple_ipad_mini_2-5735.php
light games (candy crush), facebook, 4chan, movies, aka light use.
price is the same.
Please help
>>
>>52905232
bump
>>
>>52905554
I'm not on the stats page, the stats text on the top is clickable and when I press it I get redirected to some per-game stats that are disabled.
>>
>>52905564
Coming from speakers or the actual hardware
>>
Amaze or file manager?

My phone is not rooted.
>>
>>52905592
Speakers, and it just happened again. Even louder I think.
>>
If I root my phone and keep the same stock rom, will I still get updates for the phone?

Galaxy S6 if it matters.
>>
>>52905622
Same question here, Moto g1.

I have no idea how root works.
>>
>>52905622
Yes,but you need to disable them so you dont unroot on update
>>
>>52905644
So if I was to update the phone, I just have to re-root the phone?
>>
>>52905653
If they update didnt block how you got rooted,yes
>>
>>52905666
Alright, thanks!
>>
>>52905557
bump
>>
>>52905608
like this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0O1_FYzbjw
>>
can i buy a used, for example, dell optiplex, and use the case? or are brand cases propietary?
>>
>>52905693
You posted 9 minuts ago.
Fuck off and wait
>>
>>52905694
Sounds almost like 1:02 in this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJ3yXpY5yoc

My monitor doesn't go black tho, and only last ½ a sec.
>>
>>52905743
Do you have music playing?

Or, better yet. Do you hear the sound when there is supposed to be no audio from the pc?
>>
>>52899164
I just installed linux mint 17.3. I don't see a clipboard utility. Install parcellite or something else? Or did I just not see the default one in the menu?
>>
>>52905793
>Do you have music playing?
So far it has only happened when audio is playing. Have been reading a lot on the computer with no audio, and never heard anything.
>>
>>52905595
Anyone?
>>
>>52905823
My guess is that your computer hangs for a second or two and loops a very small audio sample that is playing at a very fast rate.

I don't know enough about anything to tell you why or how to fix.
>>
>>52905462
Also the mouse shows up as a keyboard in the devices manager...
>>
>>52905869
change the icon to a mouse, you're good to go
>>
File: 1330937924039.jpg (63KB, 520x638px) Image search: [Google]
1330937924039.jpg
63KB, 520x638px
I got laid off recently, and lost all my tools during the transition. Previously, I was using what were probably over-priced iFixit tools, but now I'm looking for something either a bit cheaper in price or more robust in quality.

Any recommendations?
>>
File: HDTune_2016-02-10_22-26-39.png (27KB, 543x382px) Image search: [Google]
HDTune_2016-02-10_22-26-39.png
27KB, 543x382px
>>52905864
Trying to do a scan with HD Tune to see if there is any errors on the drive. What does this yellow thing mean?
>>
>>52905169
Found it. Apparantly netctl was still installed, and even though I didn't use it it fucked shit up.
>>
I'm moving my PC setup into a new room and the monitor power cable is too short to reach the grounded power strip but is just the right length to reach a 2 prong outlet. How bad of an idea would it be to use a cheater plug to power the monitor off of the non-grounded outlet?
>>
Is this a good deal?

CPU: 2x Quad-Core Xeon E5620
Speed: 2.40GHz
RAM: 48GB (12x 4GB PC3L-10600R)
HD: none (8x SFF HD slot)
Cache: 12MB L3
Bus Speed: 5.86 GT/s
Optical / Media : None
RAID controller: 1x Dell PowerEdge PERC H700 6Gb/s SAS RAID Controller 512MB p/n: XXFVX w/ battery
Added PCI Cards: None
Integrated Ports: front: 2x USB; 1x VGA; rear: 1x serial; 1x VGA; 2x USB; 4x NIC

It's $400, I want to run radar archiving software (i'm a weatherman), torrent, and run vm's for testing different things.

The cost of power isnt an issue
>>
>>52906164
bad
just get a longer power cable, those things are cheap and common

>>52906274
price is pretty good for the components, it's probably seen heavy use and is in a shit state
>>
What should the ublock settigns for filtering?
I seem to have lost my settings and i dont remember what it was
>>
>>52906364
It's an old google server so I'm sure it was used to shit. I'm not planning on anything too intensive though. only other concern is if I can actually install an OS on it without issue
>>
>>52905462
>>52905566
>>
>>52906422
if the mobo isn't fried and you manage to boot you should be fine
>>
>>52906589
seller said it was tested and guaranteed not to be DOA. And has a 14 day return.

Might as well bite the bullet. Just got my tax return
>>
>reformat
>reinstall programs and such
>4chan forces default extension at the catalog over the extension I normally use (4chan x v2)
>any catalog page causes a full browser freeze for around ten seconds before fully loading
>had this second problem once before
>installing the then-latest firefox build fixed it (didn't this time)
Please help.
>>
>>52905811
Copyq
>>
I want to replace my gtx 780, whats the difference between graphics card manufacturers?

Why buy EVGA, MSI or Gigabyte or whatever, whats the difference?
>>
>>52906754
Do you have https everywhere installed? If so try disabling it. Not whitelisting 4chan,completely disable it.
>>
>>52906796
Hm. Solved the second problem but not the first. I had it installed before with no issues at all, if that helps.

Also my overall Firefox font is a bit smaller and... different, if that makes sense? Like slightly squashed? I think I've dealt with this before as well but it has been a long time.
>>
>>52900307
this build is retarded.
>>
>>52901061
1. 650w should be fine
2. unlikely
>>
>>52906815
You can disable 4chan extension from settings button up top.
>>
File: 1.jpg (73KB, 426x594px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
73KB, 426x594px
>>52906863
Not seeing any option to do so.
>>
Adguard somehow broke on Firefox, and it's disappeared from my hotbar and doesn't function, despite still being installed. What's a good alternative?
>>
I'm installing Linux to dual boot with Windows. Here's my HDD setup:

/dev/sda (This is a 2TB harddrive for storage)
/dev/sda1 (NTFS)

/dev/sdb (This is the drive I want to install linux on)
/dev/sdb1 (Primary partition, this will be /boot for linux)
/dev/sdb5 (Logical partition, this will be / for linux)
/dev/sdb6 (Logical partition, this will be /home for linux)
/dev/sdb7 (Logical partition, this will be the swap area)

/dev/sdc (This is also a 2TB harddrive for storage)
/dev/sdc1 (NTFS)

/dev/sdd (This is the SSD that Windows 10 is installed on)
/dev/sdd1 (System reserved Windows bullshit)
/dev/sdd2 (Windows 10 system partition)

Where do I leave the "Device for boot loader installation"? By default it pointed to /dev/sda, but that doesn't make sense to me.
>>
>>52906886
I have an option that says disable native extension.
>>
>>52906925
Never mind, I reinstalled an old version.
>>
>>52906886
Wait you can't see it in catalog
>>
Is there a program on Windows like the existing resource monitor but with a 'recording' feature? There's a game (but that could work for anything) that stutters sometimes but I have no idea where that comes from, and during those 5-10s I can't really alt-tab to try to find the source.
>>
>>52906942
Are you installing linux UEFI?
>>
Why does subsaharan africa like Opera so much?
>>
So my dad got fed up with AT&T and stopped paying them before his contract expired, and switched to a burner. He gave me the galaxy s5 he bought from AT&T and I want to unlock it and put it on a Boost mobile prepaid plan. Will Boost unlock it for me? Is there a way to unlock it without having to pay one of these sketchy online websites?
It's a pretty good phone, and I'm poor as fuck so I don't want to have to buy a cheap ass phone from Boost.
>>
>>52906999
Page compression features saves bandwidths usage. Most of those country only get mobile users with slow and expensive contracts.
>>
>>52906996
Well, this is gonna sound retarded, but I simply don't know. I put the DVD in, booted it up and pressed "Install Linux Mint" on the desktop, so probably not. Now I've come so far as to the partitioning, but I'm unsure what to do with the boot loader path. The default one it gave me simply doesn't makke sense to me, I mean, the 2TB storage drive? None of the OSes have anything special to do with the drive, so idk why it would suggest that.
>>
>>52906999
>Germany uses Firefox
Of course.
>>
I'm searching for Android OS version 4.1 for Sony Xperia M.

I've downloaded two versions, but they don't seem to be working.

Can somebody help me find a working version?
>>
File: 2.jpg (445KB, 1689x1059px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
445KB, 1689x1059px
>>52906991
Yeah and v2 auto disables it otherwise so it's no issue there nor can I access it.

Also any advice for the text thing? Wish I could explain it better but it's different than normal and somewhat annoying.
>>
>>52903241
>hyper 212 is fucking retarded on that huge budget.
Im not overclocking. I just want something better than the stock fan.

>dont buy ram with heatsinks that sticks up above the pcb.
Why not? Im pretty sure there wont be any heatsink size issues. Plus that ram was one of the cheaper ones.

>why the fuck are you buying different sized hard drives?
The larger the drive the more unreliable it is.

>no SSD
Did you even read my op? I go on camping trips for days at a time, not often but enough that I am concerned about whether my ssd will lose data in that time. I dont want to get some flash shit which begins to lose data if left with power off for a week or so.

>something something 3.5GB
With AMD being fucked more with every game, I would rather have 3.5GB Nvidia than some shit tier AMD. Is there any game which even uses 4GB at 1440p?

>Define R4 is old as fucking balls. They have newer cases.
Ok ive changed to r5. Didnt know it existed tbf faam

>You dont need 80+ platinum, you're just wasting money.
I want a high quality PSU that will last a long time and not give me any issues. Plus all other PSUs at gold or above which are in the ~750watt range are within 30$ of this price so id rather spend the extra for platinum.

>And who still uses physical media in this age?
Because I dont feel like ripping all of my old movies/shows on dvds to my hdd. It would be terrabytes of data. I have a 2TB drive for games mostly, music, and the occasional torrent.
>>
>>52907058
Surely you must know if your bios is UEFI or not. Check to see what motherboard you have and see in the specs if it is UEFI.

There's only one boot partition, and it's for both Windows and Linux. if Mint uses the GRUB bootloader (I don't know), chances are it over writ the default boot.

I only know that you should delete or rename GRUB on the EFI volume. I'd be very cautious about that though. It worked for me but not after lots of pissing about with it.
>>
>>52907041
>expect "niggers"
>get a sensible answer
huh
>>
>>52907212
>I dont want to get some flash shit which begins to lose data if left with power off for a week or so.
You probably shouldn't be building your own PC, mate.
>>
>>52907222
Oh, no my BIOS is not UEFI, sorry about the mixup, thought you were talking about something else.

So I guess I could install the boot loader in /dev/sdb (The Linux partition) and it will either run instead of the Windows bootloader or GRUB will be an option in the Windows bootloader? I'm afraid I'll fuck shit up, I hate reformatting.
>>
>>52907105
Shit. I think I do know what it is.

Know how when explorer.exe shits itself and it changes the visuals somewhat of any windows up, like the min/max/close buttons, that stuff? It reminds me of that although explorer.exe is running fine and I have not a single goddamn fucking clue why I'm having this issue. Sorry I can't explain it better. I don't even know how to describe it well enough to do a basic Google search.
>>
is 1440p the final resolution for desktop monitors? any higher feels like everything will be too small
>>
>>52907405
Not him, but do you mean when it changes to Basic Color Scheme or whatever?
>>
>>52907452
Yes that sounds about right. Like in the image I posted (I samefagged and replied to myself once I realized it) how the top right is that bright blue color mainly? That's a clear indication of whenever it happens, except it's been like that 24/7 since I reformatted.
>>
>>52907416
Screens will grow in size, so I doubt it. Remember that time when you got your 4:3 800x600 16" badboi? Yea, that's probably what 27" 1440p is gonna look like in 10+ years too.
>>
When someone says "you need to "sweep" to save"
What does this mean in the context of an android app?
I tried sweeping to the left or right, or sweeping from the top to bottom,But it is not saving anything
>>
>>52907468
And when I scroll down a page, it isn't all smooth; it's like a 'wave' or a 'ripple'.
>>
>>52907547
Your gpu drivers installed?
>>
>>52907580
Yeah that was one of the first things I did. I was wondering if I was missing some essential driver but fuck if I know what it could be.
>>
anyone know how to set fonts in vimperator? have tried
>installing terminus and terminus-ttf (shows up as Terminus (TTF))
>terminus (ttf appears in firefox)
>:hi Bell font-family: terminus;
>:hi Bell font-family: "terminus (ttf)"
>:hi Bell font-family: "Terminus (TTF)"
>:hi Bell font-family: terminus !important;
>xset-ing font directories and running fc-rehash both in .xinitrc and without loging out
help
>>
How to mass generate webm thumbnails on a web server?
>>
>>52907605
You mean ffmpeg command?
>>
>>52907598
find ./ -name '*' -exec bash -c 'ffmpeg -i "$0" -an -vcodec libvpx -acodec libvorbis -cpu-used 5 -threads 8 "${0%%.}.webm"' {} \;
>>
What software does this guy use to make his videos?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xckrZrHEw6U
>>
>>52907760
did you quote the wrong post?
>>
File: rElzL[1].jpg (326KB, 1695x831px) Image search: [Google]
rElzL[1].jpg
326KB, 1695x831px
>>52899164
In my image here:

Why are the numbers win GREEN different from RED?

Why are numbers in YELLOW different from PURPLE?

I am not sure if my Card is properly overclocked by default.
>>
>>52907807
yup

>>52907605
>>
how can i make money building compters/selling them to normies?
>>
Is it possible to download this flash game for offline use?

http://www.kongregate.com/games/tukkun/kana-warrior
>>
What motherboard has the very most PCI-E x16 slots?

Google gave me http://motherboards.specout.com/app-question/10293/Which-motherboard-has-the-most-PCI-Express-x16-slots but this answer seems to be old, I'm curious if there have since been motherboards with even more than 10 x16 slots.
>>
>>52907916
Newegg has great search.
>>
File: 1447623493687.jpg (73KB, 421x480px) Image search: [Google]
1447623493687.jpg
73KB, 421x480px
>>52899164
So apparently my mic doesn't fit into the back port of my mobo anymore properly or some shit, because when I plug it in, it just gives a FUCKTON of feedback and what not.

Any suggestions?

OR any suggestions for a cheap USB mic?
>>
>>52907590
>go to Personalization
>click Windows Color
>win32k.sys BSOD
Okay.
>>
File: ScreenHunter_226 Feb. 10 15.41.jpg (31KB, 798x262px) Image search: [Google]
ScreenHunter_226 Feb. 10 15.41.jpg
31KB, 798x262px
Am I getting raped by Cox?

How do I argue they should be charging me less when they're the only high speed provider available?
>>
>>52907866
Open up dev mode and fine the link to the .swf
>>
>>52908032
Thats not bad at all. Price is a little high but you're not going to get much better.
>>
Currently trying to install an SSD.

What's the quickest and most efficient way to move windows 10 and all the files from the current hard drive to an external hard drive, then back to the SSD. I can only have one hard drive and a USB external drive connected at once.

I can reinstall the programs, I just need Windows to work on the SSD.
>>
>>52908280
Reinstall windows.
Make a copy of your User profile(there is software to do this for you if you're uneasy about it)
Make a user of the same name on the new install. Do all the updates and shit.
Copy your user profile over.
Logout
Thats it
>>
I bought an SSD to go in a laptop

installed it

install linux on SSD

SSD will not boot

I can select it as the device to boot from and it just gives me a black screen.
>>
>>52908056
Yes, I did that but I can't seem to get it to work.
>>
>>52908321
Is there a way to reinstall it using the current Windows 10 on my external hard drive? I don't have a disk or USB for Windows 10. Also, what's the software to copy your user profile?
>>
>>52908370
Did you install the boot loader properly?
Is the drive marked bootable?
>>
>>52908376
https://sourceforge.net/projects/kanaproject/
>>
I want to make an AI that responds to emails for me. Where do I start?
>>
>>52908417
Do you know how to program at all?
>>
>>52908398
The drive is marked bootable.

It's linux mint I literally just did the bootable USB shit, hit install, and followed the prompt.

It worked fine on the random HDD I have in the laptop. I can boot that. For some reason the ssd wont' boot with it though.
>>
>>52908417
What do you want it to do exactly?
There is already email autoresponders.
>>
When I open a thread on /toy/ or similar entertainment boards I get a video window appearing around the banner, but it never loads. What is it?
>>
>>52905595
So no one?
>>
>>52908417
Look into a Linux software called expect and command line mail clients.
>>
>>52907263
Ok my bad on that, just re-read this article fully and forgot to read the "only lose data if it is passed its endurance rating ..."

Also, why are you such an obnoxious faggot?
>>
>>52899164
I posted in /sqt/ yesterday about buying new hard drives

well they came in, I got 2x1TB WD Blacks and a 250GB Samsung 850 Evo

my next question is, does anyone know of any free tools to migrate my OS to the new SSD? (from my current kingston 120GB ssd, if it matters)
OR
am I better off just reinstalling windows on the new SSD?

I used paragon to migrate before, but it seems there's no longer a free version, and googling only seems to show me software trials that won't actually do anything unless I pay for them
>>
>>52908439
So the bootloader loads,but then it dosent function?
Do you have the right UUID in your boot config
>>
How do I salvage data from a hard drive with fucked up pins?
>>
>>52907477
i dont know man, it feels like an endgame. ive tried a 32'' screen as a monitor and its just not a good size for this, so at least for me and many other people, 30''+ is out of the desktop monitor game.
>>
why is my virtual machine so slow? i'm just using firefox and it's not responsive at all.
>>
>>52908521
The bootloader loads if I boot it from another install on another harddrive.

I cannot boot the ssd though.
>>
Are there any non shit tier-earbuds that are less than 100 dollars that last more than a year? I've asked /hpg/ a few times but have never gotten a reply, also, are the apple earbuds the best in that price range, it seems like that's the case
>>
>>52908443
I want it to carry on conversations on my behalf so I don't have to talk
>>52908426
I have programming experience in many languages, but no knowledge concerning AI development. I guess a more appropriate question would have been what texts should I look into to get a good idea on how to program an AI.
>>52908494
Will do
>>
Hm okay still having this problem of the native 4chan extension being forced on at any board's catalog, and my normal extension (4chan x v2) not showing up; complete opposite whenever I'm in any thread. And my text on 4chan is abnormal. Like smaller and more squashed, in a sense. Any ideas on what the fuck I'm supposed to do to fix this?
>>
>>52908554
Does your grub or syslinux config have the right UUID(the name/location) of the drive?
It seems like your install is correct,but you're not pointing anything to it
>>
>>52908591
Real AI isn't exactly a thing, especially for what you want it to do with conversations.

You would literally have to program every response to ever possible email. It wouldn't save you any time or effort in the long run.
What kind of emails do you mean? Work?

I work in IT and just have copy paste replies but you still have to know the content of the email.
>>
>>52908613
User a better 4chan x extension.
Make sure you have grease monkey installed.
>>
>>52908637
Shit was working perfectly fine up until I recently reformatted today and now it's all weird for no reason which is why I'm wondering what the deal is. And yes, I obviously have greasemonkey installed.
>>
>>52908655
Maybe you were on an older version of firefox and now your newer version is fucking it up.
>>
>>52908674
Yeah that could be it. Is it easy to regress back a version, or is that insanely difficult?
>>
File: faggot.png (37KB, 958x362px) Image search: [Google]
faggot.png
37KB, 958x362px
>>52904720
>never download pre-activated/pre-cracked windows ISO.
>magnet:?xt=urn:btih:3745914E391062A36E58EB7973C7C7C3E20F6D8F
>magnet:?xt=urn:btih:3558CC5A599841B3BAA98D960E259CAA66748E6D
Nice try shitlord.
>>
I have Windows and all my files on an HDD. It's the only HDD of this computer. If I turn it into an external drive with an enclosure, can I hook it up via USB to the computer, and boot my Windows installation from there, like nothing changed?
>>
>>52908683
It should be in your package manager's cache.
If not it should be available in some form
>>
>>52900813
>my country
How many people do you have in your country?
Probly less then one state.
More people=more violence.

And its not as if no crime happens in countries other then the US,its they just get it more then dumbfuckistan in the tv.
>>
>>52908799
Well I reinstalled the previous version I already had downloaded and it didn't change anything. Makes me think it isn't a Firefox issue now yet I still have no clue. FUCK.
>>
>>52908834
Did you happen to change any font settings out side of firefox? or inside firefox? that you're missing now?
>>
>>52908620
I don't know if it has the correct UUID or not.

I just booted the installation on the normal HDD, the bootloader (GRUB) comes up and I can boot from the installation on the SSD.

So I guess what you said sounds correct.
>>
>>52908850
Not that I know of. I have Windows font thing set to overall 125% (Large, I think? Not Extra Large 150%) but that's it and that's what I normally have had it set to in the past. I had some UI-ish issues earlier which makes me think that could be the variable causing this strange differentiation but I can't pinpoint any exact root cause and it's aggravating as fuck.
>>
Is the 6p that bad for people with small hands. I bought the note 2 when it came out and it was annoying to use but the screen size was worth it.
>>
How can I easily index some C macros defined in another file? For instance, say I have
#define RDI 14
#define RSI 13
#define RDX 12
#define R10 7

And I want to index them (using an enum or an array or something) so, for instance, I could access RDI with base[0], RSI with base[1].
What's the best way to do this?
>>
Actual stupid question: Firefox tab loading wheel doesn't spin while pages are loading. What does this mean?
>>
I bled a little on my new gpu, Cant really clean it without removing heatsink, is blood conductive? googlefu say theres not enough iron to be conductive but Im sure an anon has experience with this
>>
What would be a good option for a home server computer? Is it possible to set up a server without using the internet, just a router? Completely new to networking but want to get started with it.
>>
>>52909472
I cool my computer by keeping it in chilled blood. It'll be fine.
>>
>>52909481
What do you want it to do?
>>
A coworker is willing to sell me his 4gb GTX 680 for $60. I don't have much spare cash right now or I'd have something better than my current 6970.

Is $60 too much for a gpu from 2012?
>>
>>52909572
Real question is how much it was used.
But no not really, that seems like an OK price. Maybe not an amazing deal but you wont get a better GPU for $60.
>>
What is the moat accurate and portable (Windows and Linux) way of implementing timers in C++?
>>
>>52908517
Clonezilla if you can deal with the UI

Or torrent acronis/ghost, but they both seem to get shittier with each version
>>
>>52909615
It's not one of the leafblower models so any dust should be easy to blow out.
>>
>>52908405
Thanks mate.
>>
>>52909930
>>52909930
>>52909930
>>52909930
>>
>>52909561
Very basic networking examples. The absolute max would be an email service. I understand that Ubuntu Server for example only takes 300mhz or some shit but I dont know if I would just need a single ethernet hookup or anything more than a router
>>
File: file.png (167KB, 1920x1040px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
167KB, 1920x1040px
>>52909810
actually i ended up using this AOMEI partition assistant, and so far it's working

http://www.disk-partition.com/features/migrate-os-to-ssd.html

I might end up reinstalling anyway, since it made my system partition 600MB and seems to have left 1 MB off at the end
Thread posts: 331
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.