[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>He doesn't use bootstrap

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 5

File: laughing whores.jpg (57KB, 474x604px) Image search: [Google]
laughing whores.jpg
57KB, 474x604px
>He doesn't use bootstrap
>>
>>52896863
>he's too stupid to make a website responsive without bootstrap
>>
>>52896863
Those girls are a little bit too thin, specially the one on the left. The pic is a bit spoopy to be honest.
>>
Nigga this is /g/. I don't even know what the fuck bootstrap is.
>>
wtf is boot st rap? a new music genre?
>>
>>52897103
>Doing additional unnecessary work for absolutely no reason
>Wasting clients money to prove a point
>>
>>52897626
>>52897638
This is some tasty bait.

A bootstrap refers to the very first set of instructions run when a computer starts up and shuts down, it's responsible for starting up all the other necessary processes to boot into the BIOS or OS.

It's named so because you're effectively "pulling yourself up by the bootstraps" because it's a process that executes all other processes.
>>
>>52896863
>using any framework
>2016

All the cool kids use React now.
>>
>>52897696
OP is talking about the framework.
He's a shitty front end "developer", you see?

Bootstrap lets even the most retarded uneducated hacks put up a website.
Because HTML is hard.....
>>
>>52897736
riiiiggght, didn't even know there were multiple uses for the term bootstrap in computers.
>>
so much boilerplate code
>>
>>52897736
It's not about HTML being hard or easy, it's about picking the most efficient option and not wasting time re-inventing the wheel to be a cool guy
>>
>>52897761
For simple websites you can write plain HTML and copy-paste some CSS.

For more complex stuff there are way better options.
>>
>>52897696
Not bait. I know how to build a pc, that's the extent of my tech knowledge. I can barely do HTML and CSS.

Back to /v/ I go.
>>
>>52897918
That pretty much describes 90% of people that frequent this board
>>
>he doesn't use skeleton
>>
>>52896863
>his websites look like vanilla trash that every visitor has seen in a hundred other places
>>
>He doesn't know CSS so he uses Bootstrap
>>
>>52896863
>he uses ANY css framework
>he doesn't craft bespoke css based on the pixel perfect design
>his skills are replaceable by a wysiwyg
>>
>>52897327
>Those girls are a little bit too thin
Fat fetishist detected.
>>
>the only tech thing women can talk about is front-end web dev done with prepackaged components
Should I act surprised?
>>
>be me
>comp sci major
>term project is to make website
>have to use everything /g/ told me to hate
>bootstrap, mongodb, node.js, express
>everythingwentbetterthanexpected.jpg
Same thing during ap compsci in highschool with the java sucks meme
>>
>>52896863
>let's slow down the front end with an unnecessarily heavy """"framework"""" so we don't have to type media queries ourselves and rely heavily on javascript.
Modern """"webdev"""", everybody..
You might as well be a wordpress cuck
>>
>>52897804
dumb nigger detected
>>
>He writes JavaScript
>He thinks he's a programmer
>>
>>52900497
cuck detected
>>
>>52900532
xD
>>
>>52900586
<X>DDDDDDDD<XD>>>>>><><<><><>S<S><S>S<>>
>>
File: 1455089987646.jpg (107KB, 474x604px) Image search: [Google]
1455089987646.jpg
107KB, 474x604px
Jesus Fucking Christ what is wrong with the face of the woman on the right? The most disgusting ugly laughing face i have ever seen.
>>
>he still uses bootstrap
>in 2015+1

http://www.material-ui.com/#/
>>
>>52900762
Every group has an ugly person
>>
>>52897103
>>52897647
Ez wreck
>>
>>52901108
I have a noob but important question.
> IOS native is obj C or C dev kit
> Android native is Java or NDK (cpp)
> what about web?
Is JavaScript native or can you go deeper on the bytecode
>>
>>52901455
Javascript is a scripting language.
>>
What's the point. CSS is easy as fuck.

Oh no, you wasted an hour extra that you would have spend picking your nose.
>>
>>52898536
L O W T E S T
O
W

T
E
S
T
>>
>>52901524
then WHAT would be ative for web.... What interfaces better with browsers since they do not give you bytecode access
>>
>>52901804
Yeah css and html is fucking easy, but bootstrap is well designed, which isn't that easy.

Personally really loving to just work with polymer.
>>
File: cs graduate.png (247KB, 2200x2112px) Image search: [Google]
cs graduate.png
247KB, 2200x2112px
>>52897647
>thinking bootstrap is the only way to have a class-based layout system.
>>
>>52901990
They were all deprecated.
Back in the day there was activex but it could access anything on your computer and was quickly dropped from all browsers that were not explorer
>>
I've always thought that Arch bootstrap was a bit of a cop out

You want me to partition by hand so I can 'learn the arch way' then you provide some black box script to handle the actual installation? What's the point then?
>>
>>52903568
You mean pacstrap? That just installs pacman and whatever packages you specify (usually just the base package).
>>
>>52903724
>pacstrap

yes

I know it does those things but why not teach the user how to do those higher-level operations if you are going to force them to partition and format
>>
>Having a SF startup
>Not using some big and popular frameworks to be easily bought before the tech bubble bursts.
It's like you just want to be bankrupt at the end of the year.
>>
File: hue.jpg (25KB, 425x315px) Image search: [Google]
hue.jpg
25KB, 425x315px
>>52896863
>those boney as fuck high maintenance girls ever laughing at a man such as myself
>>
>>52903753
What do you mean? That the user should not install a package manager? Do you use Slackware or something?
>>
>>52903779
The user should learn how to copy over and install pacman instead of running some script to do it

Not that I agree with the Arch install process to begin with, but if you are going to make the user do the other steps manually then it doesn't make much sense to include a script that handles a major step
>>
>>52903833
So I suppose you're also against the use of genfstab or grub-mkconfig. Arch isn't about pointless complexity and manual labor, despite what you may have heard.
>>
http://everyfuckingwebsite.com
>>
>wanting to make all sites look the same
>>
>>52903833
And pacstrap isn't a "major step", it just initializes pacman and then uses it to install other packages. If the process were manual, it would be about 3 lines of code.
>>
I'm comfy as fuck with materialize CSS desu
>>
>>52903833
You already have to do that because pacstrap is a broken bash script that needs to be edited just to work.
>>
>>52903895
>Arch isn't about pointless complexity

topkek
>>
>>52904019
Have you used it?
>>
>>52904043
yup

Once installed, Arch itself is fine. But the installation paradigm is moronic in 2016. It's not difficult, but it's much easier to mess up than using a graphical partitioner especially when you start getting into LVM or using btrfs
>>
>>52904104
You can partition the disk before in other OS. If you don't have one installed why worry about the mess up?
>>
>>52896863
>He gets hard with fourteen years old teens.
>>
>>52905832
>He doesn't
>>
>>52896863
I want to mount all of that in the traditional missionary position and insert my blood engorged phallus into the vaginal orifice before commencing hip gyrations at a rate of 120 oscillations per minute for a period not exceeding 240 medicated minutes before impulsively ejaculating fertile sperm for the purposes of procreation.
>>
>>52897103
#REKT
>>
>>52897327
They're fine you fat fuck
>>
>>52896863
>not using Materialize CSS
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.