[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does it feel to be a young white guy fresh out of college

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

File: github diversity.png (367KB, 705x529px) Image search: [Google]
github diversity.png
367KB, 705x529px
How does it feel to be a young white guy fresh out of college looking for a job in tech right now?
>>
>>52878973
Pretty good because we're still the best.
No one wants to hire a fat feminist or a black guy that can't act white.
>>
This isn't really what you should be concerned about. What you should be concerned about is the bubble is about to pop.
>>
OOGA BOOGA! Black people and lesbians are coming for your jobs, white boys!
>>
>>52878981
>No one wants to hire a fat feminist or a black guy that can't act white.
this is actually totally true. i live in the bay area and as much as people claim they want to support diversity, there's an obvious "doesn't act white" filter that prevents minority groups from getting in (assuming they even make it far enough to apply, get through basic high pass filters, etc...).

basically people want minority characters that support diversity in a white sense - a non-threatening activism toward inclusiveness that most minority folks don't fit.

you may not need to have white skin, but people want you to *be* white, and now we use terms like "culture fit" and whatnot to exclude people.
>>
>>52878973
I am an asian male which is worse for diversity than a white male, and I have no problem finding jobs. Maybe if you weren't such a failure in college then you wouldn't have any trouble too?
>>
>>52878981
If acting white means not speaking in ebonics, then I don't see any problem with that.
>>
File: 1450914386763.jpg (115KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1450914386763.jpg
115KB, 900x900px
>mfw minority that can program

I can literally get hired for a job over a white guy due to my skin
>>
>>52879030
Yea but you have to deal with another stereotype. The "he's good with computers and math because he's Asian" stereotype.

Basically employers hire blacks and women to meet quotas and they hire Asians to get actual work done. Our so they think anyway, this puts whites at somewhat of a disadvantage In some scenarios.
>>
>>52879037
not him, but while i agree this ultimately points to the disingenuous nature of "inclusive" movements in the tech industry.

if you want black people and asian people and whatnot in your company, but you don't want them bringing black and asian culture into the workplace, then you really don't want to be inclusive. what you really want is token minority characters.

the uncomfortable reality that nobody's talking about is that nobody really wants diversity. if they did, they would be pushing this kind of cultural diversity that we still don't see.

what Silicon Valley SJWs seem to really want is to give everyone a chance to get whitewashed.
>>
>>52878973
>inclustion
>first point excludes white folk
oh the irony
>>
Why is there even a diversity quota?
>>
>>52879112
you need to elaborate on your question because i don't know if we need to explain quotas to you like you're a fucking retard or if you're asking a more pointed question.
>>
>>52879125
>confusing a 'how' with a 'why'
Pure fucking retard.
>>
>>52879230
I didn't confuse anything. I'm trying to figure out if you're honestly asking what the motivation is for diversity quotas, since the intuition behind it is pretty obvious.
>>
>>52879109
It's not for white people to *lead*. Do you people seriously have to do *everything*?
>>
>>52879099
>what Silicon Valley SJWs seem to really want is to give everyone a chance to get whitewashed.
They want jobs in a field they are not qualified for. That's why they make up bullshit do nothing jobs like developer advocate.
>>
>>52879112

Because racism is OK, and even mandataory, as long as it's against white people.
>>
>>52879253
why not? why can't they lead?

they don't HAVE to lead, but why can't they?
>>
>>52879112
Because people tend to hire in their ethnic group and gender, which has led to the tech industry being a gigantic homogenous white sausage fest
>>
>>52879314
consumers can not produce
>>
>>52879343
The percentage of whites in the technology field is lower than the percentage of whites in the population.
>>
>>52879343
White people would give away pretty much everything they created to appease token brown people and women though. They fucking revel in 'the first woman X and the first black Y'. NOBODY else does that, certainly not in majority brown countries.
>>
>>52879253
>Do you people seriously have to do *everything*?

Yes because since the beginning of time black people left in charge of groups of people have fucked up and gotten nowhere. You either sell yourselves as slaves or just rot away in cowshit huts only leaving to perform oral sex on cattle so you can use the piss to dye your hair. IN 2016!

White people have shaped the entire history of this planet and will continue to do so.
>>
>>52879242
Hiring individuals based on their races and not on their skills ?
>>
>>52878991
What "bubble" is going to pop? Are people suddenly going to stop needing software?
>>
>>52879530
He's talking about a repeat of the dotcom bubble, except this time people are actually heavily using the services of tech companies and it's much more sustainable. Companies like Twitter still aren't profitable and might not survive a stock market correction, but others like Netflix, Amazon, Airbnb, Uber are integrated into the fabric of society - they're not going anywhere.
>>
>>52879343

>tech industry
>gigantic homogeneous white sausage fest

Try again Pao.
>>
File: 1314680106943.jpg (103KB, 740x555px) Image search: [Google]
1314680106943.jpg
103KB, 740x555px
>>52879029
>>52878981

I think what you mean by "act white" is to act like you're actually wanting the job.

If you show up in dress cloths instead of hood shit, dont talk like a nigger (niggers can be any race, even white), and can show you are knowledgeable, then you can get hired.
>>
File: yoshicomfy.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
yoshicomfy.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>52879575
it pains me to imagine losing twitter. it's one of the only social networking sites that's stuck with a simple, straight-forward idea and that's resisted the merchant-like activities so prevalent thanks to shitbook
>>
>>52878973
Buff your CV and come to Asia. We still hate you white devils but at least we only say it behind your backs.
>>
Not an american so this doesn't affect me
>>
>>52878973
This shit only happens in Clapistan
>>
File: 1453493054530.jpg (95KB, 633x960px) Image search: [Google]
1453493054530.jpg
95KB, 633x960px
>>
>>52880584
please explain desu
are you talking China/Korea/something else?
I've been curious about Singapore as well
>>
>>52880584
>>52880908
bump for the rising sun
>>
>>52878973
Wouldn't know since I don't see color. I'm just a human being.
>>
>>52880332
twitter is worse for meaningful discussion than 4chan. the 140 characters limit just won't allow the discussion of anything even slightly nuanced.
>>
>>52879112
It's because of a contition in every society in all times, as Karl Marx pointed out. There is a bottom layer of rotten people who think that the world doesn't appreciate them enough.

>>52879343
Ellen Pao is playing the great saviour by belittling all chinese etc in the tech business.
>>
>>52882130
that's not what it's to be used for though
>>
>>52878973
Pretty great. There are no niggers or feminist in IT in Poland. My boss also realized that putting skill-less cheap Asians into white team just doesn't work.
Also because everything here is cheap as fuck, foreign companies wants to hire people for relatively lower pay which in fact is really lot's of money here.

>>52882130
It was never meant for meaningful discussion. It's just place to express your opinion without going into details and quickly check others' stands. It's still pretty shitty place in my opinion.
>>
>Tfw I'm a nigger and I get hired over a white boy because of my skin color and I can talk white when needed
>>
White guy in his mid 20's about to graduate with a Master's degree in Comp. Eng. this spring, so I guess this thread is aimed at people like me.

How do I feel? Thankful that I don't live in Murrica and that I have plenty of employment opportunities in my own country and the ones close to it. Scandinavia and northern Europe in general is considered to be on the forefront of progressive politics, but this hatred of white people disguised as progressive politics has thankfully failed to take root over here. All it ever amounted to was some workshops for women and programming becoming a mandatory subject in schools.

But the way Github is actively shunning about 80% of the technology sector workforce when worker turnaround in the tech sector is huge they're bound to crash and burn sooner or later. When they do, they'll send a message that this hate of white people disguised as progressiveness is not a good idea and thus you can say that there's hope just yet as the people running this shit don't know what they're doing.
>>
When twitter finally crashes and burns, the world will be a richer place for it.
>>
Literally all you have to do is stay away from stupid faggy startups and stay out of big bubble cities and the jobs flow endlessly.
>>
>>52880332
>it pains me to imagine losing twitter
you're the absolute fucking worst

if you're using twitter and you're not a celeb trying to remain in the spotlight, you're literally human garbage
>>
>>52879029
There's no such thing as acting white. White people created the dominant culture in this country so you either belong to a subculture or you belong to the dominant culture, i.e. acting line a normal, professional goddamn person.
>>
>>52883802
I second that.
>>
It feels like I am a NEET
someone please hire me ;-;
>>
File: imas1.jpg (116KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
imas1.jpg
116KB, 1280x720px
>>52883802
it seems you've confused twitter with myspace. a common mistake for those with stunted social reference
>>
>>52883888
No, end yourself instead.
>>
>>52878973
Not too bad actually. If you're not stupid there's plenty of work out there.

My advice is, if you're having trouble finding work, just get a shit job--anything works, I used Walmart, but the more personal notice you get from your supervisor the better. When you're there, work your fucking balls off, and make sure your supervisor notices. A reference that says you're a hard worker can help you get jobs you're not even qualified for.
>>
>>52878973
>>
>>52881689
In CURRENT YEAR, this attitude is considered racist. You diabolical villain.
>>
>>52880332
>Twitter
#killYourself
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.