[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
Why haven't you switched to Mac yet?
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 189
Thread images: 21
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Why haven't you switched to Mac yet?
>>
cause im not gay
>>
>>52859305
tough talk for a closet faggot
>>
>>52859296
They are too expensive. I'd rather spend that money on other tech.
>>
overpriced for the specs
>>
>>52859321
takes one to know one, however i wouldnt know cause im not one.
>>
I have no reason to.
>>
cause for the price of the cheapest mac, I can buy:
26 Dell Optiplex Business desktops. in basically new condition.
>>
>>52859296
i can't play games in 4K on a mac
>>
Command key is fucking stupid and I will not tolerate this blatant disconnect of usability if I am to switch between a standard keyboard and the fucked up Mac keyboard
>>
>>52859296
>shit hardware
>overpriced
>bad OS
There's just no reason to buy Apple unless you're buying for brand and a status label.

Or you're just too stupid to install hackintosh.
>>
Linux > Unix
>>
>>52859296
Because I get laid more than once a year
>>
>>52859356
>Or you're just too stupid to install hackintosh.

This.

Only thing I boot into OS X for is putting shit on iPods.
>>
No right click button.
>>
>>52859401
>implying
>>
>>52859401
How did this meme not die 5 years ago
>>
>>52859430
>>52859421
>acknowledges this
>doesn't acknowledge any of the other 12 valid arguments in the thread
Apple 0 /g/ +1
>>
>>52859452
enjoy your shit platform
>>
>>52859401
Tap to click (and two fingers for right click) shits all over actual laptop clicking

Three finger dragging also shits all over clicking and dragging shit around
>>
>>52859296
Too expensive for my wallet.
Too limited for my needs.
Too difficult to learn all the fancy swishes and flicks to get out of full screen.
Reliable as fuck, though.
>1:3.
Not good odds.
>>
wanted the macbook but ids 2 lade in the cycle so im looking at new releases to see which one to cop senpai
>>
>>52859296

kill you're selfs
>>
Overpriced and overrated to be quite honest with you famalams
>>
bought a 2015 13 inch pro last year, honestly i don't see myself ever going back to a wondows laptop, the combination of the os running smooth, great display, battery life and trackpad is something that i just don't see on other laptops. also for the expensive arguments, what other laptop with a high res ips display, 10 hours of battery life, high speed ssd, and similar ram and cpu is much cheaper?
>>
>>52859296
Heterosexual windows user male
>>
>>52859296
I might, if i get a laptop it would be for little coding which i could do in a mac, and lots of editing which its the only thng macs are good for, besides that i wouldnt like to play games on a laptop, i rather just wait til i get home and play on my main rig
>>
>>52859421
>>52859430
>>52859501
I didn't say there wasn't a right click. There's no physical button though. I'm not doing multi-finger gestures. A matter of personal preference.
>>
>>52859333
/thread
>>
>>52859608
> trackpad

/thread

All other trackpads are dogshit in comparison. I wish this weren't the case, but it is.
>>
They just break every few years and I have to get a new one or pay crazy money to Apple. Too much planned obsolescence built in to their products. Windows 10 Pro is much more fun to use as are my various VMs when I have need of them. Got a bad ass tower that I can upgrade and tweak at will. I'll never go back to Mac.
>>
when will there be Linux-native laptops?
>>
>>52860722
My iMac is closing in on 8 years of daily use.
>>
>>52859349
>>/v/
>>
>>52860990
>>>/lgbt/
>>
>>52859305
<Implying only gays get macs.
>>
>>52860652
>All other trackpads are dogshit
All trackpads are dogshit. Once you go Trackpoint, you don't go back. I've been using the rMBP Force Touch trackpad for a while and while it is much better than anything else, trackpads are just plain shitty. No I don't want to move my whole fucking hand off the home row to move the fucking cursor around.
>>
Shitty keyboard.
>>
>>52859661
Nigger, attach any mouse with a right click button and it works.
Use two fingers on the touchpad, like how you would on a mouse, and it right clicks.
You can even set the right click to the lower right of the touchpad which is the degenerate way almost all other laptops have it.
>>
>>52859296
I like to own my technology, not just be on a lease for it.
>>
>>52861107
I never see those things around anymore, what happened to them?
>>
>>52859296
:^) LQ bait.
>>
>shit hardware
>overpriced
no, it's not. At least for the macbook pro or macbook air. It's a neat price considering you can get an i7, a few gigs of RAM, PCIe SSD and a neat, slim and lightweight design.

Windows-based laptops with the same speccin are usually in the same price range.

I've considered a macbook, but I don't have the cash for it. I'd rather spend that money on food :b
>>
>>52861357
What the hell are you smoking?

You can pick up a laptop for ~1100 dollars that has better specs than Apples flag ship Macbook Pro that STARTS at a price of 2500 dollars.

Unless you really like the design, youre always paying WAY more than you should be.
>>
>>52861459
Look at the price of a SurfaceBook. I'ts more expensive than the Macbook Pro.
>>
>>52861459
This.

Apples biggest selling point is the simplicity in their product offering.

If I dont know shit about technology I dont want to go into best buy or microcenter and have to trust some guy behind the counter. Thats how your mom comes home with a 1000+ "Gamingware pc" that doesnt even come with a graphics card.

So where do I go? I just walk into an Apple store.

Yes Im paying more, but Im paying for a service
>>
I haven't used a Mac in couple of years but my early 2011 MBP had pretty bad cooling - so bad in fact that in hot summer days the fans would go full speed while watching movies, and those fans were loud as fuck too. Does newer models have the same issue?
>>
>>52861265
normies didn't like them. they're still used in business laptops by Dell, Lenovo, HP, and maybe Toshiba.
>>
>>52860722
try harder fag, my macbook pro from 6 years ago still works fine, and is nowhere close to "breaking", also it's still supported software wise.
>>
>>52859339
>http://pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>>52859337
>>52859334
>>52859333
>>52859325
>>52859321
>>52859305
>>52859356

ITT: unemployed neets stating their ideas

Imagine you were actually working on an IT/CS job and you could afford 5-10 Macbooks/month
>>
Too poor

How's the macbook experience with arch or manjaro?

Anybody want to share?
>>
File: pajeet.jpg (75 KB, 630x456) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
pajeet.jpg
75 KB, 630x456
>>
File: cap.png (573 KB, 1131x523) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
cap.png
573 KB, 1131x523
>>52859352
>Command key is fucking stupid and I will not tolerate this blatant disconnect of usability if I am to switch between a standard keyboard and the fucked up Mac keyboard
the position of the command key actually makes sense. you can just rest your hand there and use a lot of common keybinds without stretching your hand too much. your thumb rests comfortably on the cmd thing. on a normal keyboard you either have to do friggin thumb acrobatics or use your pinky finger which is just as awkward.

the reason there's a ctrl key in addition to the cmd key is so that the keyboard can also be used on windows. on older macs, there's no ctrl key, as you can see in the picture.

if anything, what's retarded is the inclusion more importantly the position of the windows key on "normal" PC keyboards. it's so prominent, and for what? there's maybe four or five useful keybinds, that's it.

i don't even know how you came to your conclusion there, you probably didn't think much about the whole thing.
>>
File: VTEFxYB.jpg (351 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
VTEFxYB.jpg
351 KB, 1280x960
>>52861929
control key is dumb
I only use it in terminal / nano
>>
>>52861852
i don't know, but i used to have some version of ubantoo or debian running on my macbook back when. compatibility with linux distros is usually pretty good, even minor stuff like hotbuttons and keyboard backlight works; probably because there's a lot of macfags even amongst floss people and there's a limited range of products so making drivers isnt too much of a hassle.

>>52861945
i'm not even sure what your point is
>>
File: 947.jpg (40 KB, 680x383) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
947.jpg
40 KB, 680x383
Macs and apple products in general are overpriced as fuck,they offer no freedom/flexibility and have only exclusive peripherals.

Macs literally have no advantage over PCs,kill yourself if you own one.
>>
>>52861727
>business laptops
>business laptops use this
>it is used for le ebin srs BUSINESS
it's funny how people use this as this sort of killer argument. 9 times out of 10 a business laptop is a shitty cheap chinkputer prescribed by the IT slaves at corporate. the deciding factor is price, not if it's good tech, as long as it can run the companies own 20 year old management software.

that's not to say trackpoint is bad (or good)
it's just a shit argument
>>
>>52861965
Thanks anon I guess it would be similar for arch and manjaro

Can the same be said about ThinkPads?
>>
>>52861965
it was more for the person bitching about mac keyboards. ctrl key is useless for mac os x itself.
>>
I don't need an ultrabook and I play games that wouldn't run smoothly on a mac once in a while.
>>
File: 1449727816203.jpg (427 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1449727816203.jpg
427 KB, 1920x1080
>>52862008
i don't like updates that brick devices and hold you to ransom
>>
>>52862008
>Macs and apple products in general are overpriced as fuck
generally yes, however mbp/mba have a somewhat fair price for a mid/high end flagship.
>,they offer no freedom/flexibility
that's partially true, partially a meme. you can install whatever OS you want. it's true that the literally solder the thing shut so that's retarded
>only exclusive peripherals.
that's just blatantly untrue.

>>52862022
>Can the same be said about ThinkPads?
afaik yes. a lot of people in the ubuntu forums (you know ... those guys who post detailed hardware specs all over their signature) had thinkpads.

>>52862047
ah, yeah, fair enough
>>
>>52862072
Seriously it's not worth it,i can't stress enough that PCs are just better than Macs.I mean,you can't play games on Linux systems but they are efficient for other stuff.Macs are literally not efficient for anything.They are weak,can't play most games and are generally way worse than cheaper PCs.
>>
>>52862047
>ctrl key is useless for mac os x itself.
If you come from a Unix background, many if not most control key commands work. Like ^a/^e for start/end of line.
>>
The 13 inch MBP is pretty much the best laptop at its price point right now. You can't get a high ppi screen, great battery life, and PCIe storage for $1300 from anyone else. The XPS 13 comes close but falls short on the battery life. When Apple updates to Skylake, they will be on top again.
>>
>>52862096
>,i can't stress enough that PCs are just better than Macs
friendly reminder that anyone making a generalized statement like this is obviously not capable of critical thinking and should not be listened to.
>>
I've got a MBP. It's great for what it is and I wouldn't use a Windows laptop to do the same thing. Except maybe a Surface/Surface Book because it's convenient.

I don't play games on it. I write documents, edit photos, watch videos etc. It's perfect, and it works perfectly fine for what I'm using it for.
I do wish I had the 15-inch one now, but it's expensive, and I don't really need it. This will probably make someone mad, but I like nice things, and I like being called Pajeet by fish on an Italian mafiaboard.
>>
>>52862096
>Macs are literally not efficient for anything
not true, you can't deny that they're extremely efficient at consuming money from normies
>>
In my current position I don't have a ton of money to spend so I bought into the Thinkpad meme. I mean as far as shit I do on a daily basis it's perfect. Maybe I'm just used to cheap shit as well since I grew up in a poor household.
If I had more money would I get one? I'd consider it, but OS X honestly isn't my cup of tea.
>>
>>52859296
Because I use my computer for more than dicking around.
>>
>>52862133
>this
most macfags could easily convert to chromebook users and they'd never miss a thing
>>
>>52862127
I am a normie too but i have brain.I know that my 1000 euro pc is better than a mac in every way.


If macs are better than my PC let me know.

>>52862119
Kill yourself.
>>
>>52862107
>^a/^e
is there any reason why shortcuts in Linux are so idiotic?
e - end
a - asswipe??

or nano
ctrl+O - save the file. LOL
ctrl+G - ghelp
>>
>>52861357
>$0.00001 has been added to your account
>>
I require software only available on Windows amd decent dedicated hardware to run it. The software also costs £4000 p/yr.

Quite frankly macs are cheap tacky pieces of shit that lack hardware and run like shit.
>>
>>52861803
Just because one has money to waste doesn't mean one should waste it.

If I had enough money for 5-10 macbooks a month I'd build a nice desktop and maybe set up a nice torrenting server and still have enough to put in stocks.
>>
>>52862177
If you had that kind of money you would stay clean and not torrent, you risk being made an example of.
>>
>>52862129
>I'd consider it, but OS X honestly isn't my cup of tea.
then no. coming from a macfriend.

although if you never used OSX for more than an hour or two i'd give it a try if you get an opportunity to do so (maybe borrow one or whatever). OSX is what makes macbooks great (or not, if you really dislike it)

>>52862151
except for all the programs they're used to, sync/cloud features, the way things work in general; not to mention they'd have to go from the real thing to a blatant ripoff (just look at the chromebook pixel and tell me the designers haven't been a little too vigorously "inspired" by a certain consumer tech brand)

>>52862163
>Kill yourself.
Thanks for proving my point.
>>
>>52859333
Waste of trips
>>
>>52862203
>sync/cloud features
its 2016 m8 anything still syncing to a local machine is plain retarded and anything cloud based should be accessible from anything with a browser
>>
>>52859296
I don't need to have this to tell people i'm gay.
>>
>>52862246
>still syncing to a local machine is plain retarded
it's also five times faster if you're not a big city brat with a fibre optic buttplug
>>
File: 2015-07-14_140554.png (383 KB, 708x519) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
2015-07-14_140554.png
383 KB, 708x519
Why would i?

If i wanted an elegant looking PC, i'd just get a nice Corsair/Fractal/Bitfenix/Phantex case,
and i'd at least have some proper airflow compared to house burning Macs with all their throttling and shit.

If i wanted to look like i had money, i'd just buy Alienware much like rich people buy Ferrari and edgy supercars instead of "elegant" luxury sedans and limos.

Alienware both costs more than Appleshit (which indicates i have more money) and it can play games and run multiple OSs if i wanted so including the ability to be a Hackintosh (which means i'm a money waster, but not as dumb as Applefags).

It's quite a thing when even Alienware buyers are objectively more respectable and intelligent than an Applefag.
>>
>>52862277
>i'd just buy Alienware much like rich people buy Ferrari
autism.
>>
>>52862269
do you live in india? i know the internet speeds are shit out there
if you live in a first world country then incremental data syncs dont take that long and run in the background
>>
>>52862300
Gotta speak in the language of autism with Applefags. They don't understand any other way of communication.
>>
>>52862189
Private trackers could help with that.
Plus being arrested for torrenting non-lolicon chinktoons is pretty rare
>>
Shit on board graphic
>>
>>52862308
i'm from europe. i talked to some guy from north carolina on steam recently and he said it sometimes takes him half a week to download large games.

>>52862310
weak comeback
>>
>>52862341
It's not a comeback, i'm just stating the facts.
Applefags are basically like that middle-class person who wants to appear high-class, but can only afford something that "looks" high-class yet isn't.
It's all about appearances to them, just like how autistic neckbeards think a fedora makes them look classy and dignified.
>>
>>52862341
i'm also in europe, you must have a shit ISP

i've never had a steam game take any longer than 20mins to download at most
>>
>>52862365
>just like how autistic neckbeards think a fedora makes them look classy and dignified
A perfect description of a mac cuck. I think you're onto something here.
>>
>>52862373
read my post again.

besides that, my point was there's still quite a lot of people for whom offline sync makes sense, and that point is valid.

>>52862400
whew lad that's just pathetic.
>>
>>52859421
how do you cope with no webm support in Safari?
>>
>>52859296
>bought dell inspirion 800$ .
>has 960m
>fallout 4 43fps, dolphin emulation shit, ssd samsung stick it in , every retro shit on it, battery life actually good , never hot, 1920*1080 resolution screen (don't have 4k faggot shit don't want it
>>
>>52859296
I'm reading your thread from a Hackintosh, does that count?
>>
>>52862373
>tfw aus
>tfw it takes 30 seconds to download a 2MB image
>>
>>52862333
>pretty rare
It's pretty rare but you don't want to be caught if you have disposable income. And with any decent tech salary buying the stuff you want to watch/listen isn't a noticeable hit to your finances. And if you have any other hobbies buying a few blu rays every now and then isn't even that expensive compared to pretty much any other hobby.

I understand torrenting the chinese cartoons you want to watch since their availability in the west is somewhat limited.

>tfw just spent over 5k on a bicycle
>>
>>52862447
>there's still quite a lot of people for whom offline sync makes sense
offline backups of specific data makes sense, syncing all the stuff that ios syncs locally makes no sense at all
>>
>>52862557
lame
>>
>OSX is what makes macbooks great
this.
>>
>>52860652
true

>>52861107
on the thinkpad i also use the trackpoint, but the trackpad on the macbook can actually be used with the thumbs without taking your fingers off the home row. also trackpads are comfy for just browsing around /g/ when you don't need the keyboard, but for that purpose the thinkpad trackpad does the job as well.
>>
>>52862563
jesus man. some people watch movies on their phablets, or they sync huge music libraries. what's your argument here. you're trying to prove some weak subpointlet of some point i made. fact is there's some grave differences in how OSX and chrome OS work and anyone switching from either, to either, will be missing certain things. the idea that you can just hop over to a chromebook from mac/OSX and not miss functionality is idiotic and only works because you have some warped, idealised picture of the respective userbases in your mind.
>>
>>52861101
yes
>>
>>52861459
look at the dell xps13 or the thinkpad x1 carbon. aside from the fact that as of right now, you can't spec them up to 16gb ram at all, they're the same price range. and desu, all things considered - service, build quality, hardware support, the works - those two currently are the only contenders worth mentioning. the HP elitebooks are nice, but a step down nonetheless (and for that matter not much less expensive either), so is the latest sony shit (even worse). a further step down in terms of build etc are the asus and acer laptops, with asus being my favorite from that category, although their hardware support sucks donkey ass. and, last but not least, there's schenker/xmg, where you are essentially limited to a 15" machine because all they have in the smaller segment is dogshit.

so yes, the products macbook pros are competing with cost essentially the same and come with win10 and the close tier contenders aren't that much cheaper. deal with it. macbook pros are the one apple product that is actually price competitive.

let's not talk about ipods, ipads, iphones, mac pros, macbook airs or the new macbook though, those are all a joke. the iMac deserve mentioning, it's also fair-ish, if you're into that kinda thing.
>>
>>52862709
>buy 32gb ram
>replace it the
>ram and hard-drive are totally user serviceable..
>>
>>52862771
When someone buys a laptop that's the only way for them/their employee to work with and their sole source of income they surely open it up and void any and all warranty just to upgrade a new laptop.

Rice and upgrade your own rig all you want but don't expect anyone who actually works with the computer to do it.
>>
>>52862771
Most non-shit laptops these days have soldered ram.
>>
Wait a sec, macfags have to use Safari? Are they unable to install ff or chrome?
>>
>>52862203
Sync is merely a privacy issue, ripoff is not a valid argument to not use something.
>>
>>52863053
You can install every browser.
BUT

Safari works a lot better on Macs than every other browser, not to mention the fact that it increases the battery life a lot. There is no reason to not use safari unless you like looking at webms all day.
>>
>>52862096
>>52862072
Why not Hackintosh and use Windows for your /v/ activities?
OSX is the most productive OS, anons.
>>
>>52859296
Because I don't really like the taste of dicks in my mouth
>>
File: 1452388801348.webm (1 MB, 640x360) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452388801348.webm
1 MB, 640x360
>>52862447
>apple cuck
>calling somebody else pathetic
lol
>>
Because nothing else will come close to those new OLED ThickBads
>>
>>52859296
I did 6 or 7 years ago. Working on switching to OpenBSD now
>>
>>52863072
>Sync is merely a privacy issue
it's not, as i explained numerous times before
>ripoff is not a valid argument to not use something.
it is if you have a modicum of decency and taste

>>52863187
are you the guy who posted anime cp earlier?
>>
File: image.jpg (146 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
146 KB, 1000x750
My Dell XPS 17 still works. If it didn't I surely would have bought a 13" MBP, just for the experience with Apple computers.
>>
>>52863022
>well i was taking about my own lapotop
>my company gave me a mac pro 15 with all awesome shit
> still use Linux on it
> can change the os and everyshit just have to email shit to boss
>could have done with a phone but na company policy .....
>>
>>52859296
poor
;((((
>>
>>52861265
Patents
>>
Smh desu senpai
>>
>>52862523
There is zero reason to use Safari.
>>
>>52859296
I just did anon, 15" Macbook pro
Best thing I've ever done.
>>
>>52864686
I wish I had a MBP. I own a Dell XPS 17. Nice, but feels like a first Gen Xbox.
>>
File: 2016-02-08_121241.png (100 KB, 1051x993) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
2016-02-08_121241.png
100 KB, 1051x993
>>52863219
>are you the guy who posted anime cp earlier?
No, that's me. Your samefag senses are broken.
>>
i can't support the company who designed the abomination of a mouse called the Magic mouse
>>
>>52864705
I was thinking about getting an XPS 15 but when I looked at it online they were advertising 4K but in the specs it said 1920x1080p
Besides, the design is amazing and OSX is great.
>>
>>52859296
>Student here
I got a T420 with the "least worse" IPS screen for a fraction of the retail price a few years back. (some corporation home use program)

It looks like shit and the screen is awful, but as long as everything works I can't bring myself to buy a new laptop.

However, the day that something won't work anymore, I will throw it in the dumpster like a unwanted baby and go to a apple store on the way back.
>>
>>52864721
well, the thing is, the kind of person who'd use custom CSS and post kiddieporn reaction images probably wouldnt give two shits about manipulating a screenshot; i'm gonna need a testimony from the other guy
>>
>>52864937
Whether the other guy testifies or not, won't change the validity of the fact i laid out. So i don't really care.
>>
File: 1443884837813.jpg (34 KB, 720x380) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1443884837813.jpg
34 KB, 720x380
>>52864937
>testimony from the other guy
>on anonymous image board
>>
>>52861803
Imagine that you had the option of buying gimped hardware (Macbook) or actual good hardware (any business grade laptop)

Gee jack the business ones are more expensive as well there goes the "too poor" argument
>>
>>52864947
yeah, it's probably bs either way :^)
>>
>>52859296
latent homosexuality hasn't reached peak yet
>>
>>52859296
I use my gaming rig for most of my general shit. Vidya, streaming Netflix, basically it's my entertainment system because I refuse to buy a TV.

My MacBook Pro is for class and for on the go shit. It's 2 years old soon, and will probably last me the rest of college. No sweat off my fuckin back.
>>
>>52859296
I'm still straight afaik
>>
>>52865527
>>52865539
>>52865549
>>52865564
looks like someone got triggered
>>
>>52860722
>They just break every few years
except they don't
>>
>>52859296
I actually want to try the OSx. Got a 512GB 2.5" drive from my laptop (runs on an SSD now, smooth as balls), and I will probably put the 512 in my PC and play around with different OSs without fucking up my 1TB drive. Any way to get into it? Haven't found a mac thread on /g/, so here I am. Thanks for any answer, guys.
>>
>>52865527
>>52865539
>>52865564
>>52865585
>>52865599
>>52865610

>haha look at how gay macs are guys look I'm going to post gay scat porn in a mac thread to tell them how gay macs are lol that will teach them
>>
File: 1445463912528.jpg (50 KB, 320x480) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1445463912528.jpg
50 KB, 320x480
>>52865527
>>52865539
>>52865549
>>52865564
>>52865585
>>52865599
>>52865610

could you not
>>
and this is why i browse safeboards in private. only thinking that these images would remain stored in the cache makes me vomit.
>>
>>52859333
This.

If I'm gonna drop the money that goes into a Mac I'd much rather spend that money and get a better product.
>>
>>52859296
Waiting for the 2016 reveal.

If win 10 didn't have all these blunders I might have gotten an XPS but it's gone too far now.

T. Lifetime wangblows user
>>
File: fox.gif (3 KB, 300x250) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
fox.gif
3 KB, 300x250
>>52865527
>>52865539
>>52865549
>>52865564
>>52865585
>>52865599
>>52865610
>>52865628
>>52865644
>>52865658
>>
Hey mods he's over here >>52865776 now
>>
i-is it over?
>>
>>52866064
Yeah, he's shitposting in another thread now
>>
>>52866085
it's fucks like him that get cellular networks blocked on this site.
>>
>>52866101
I don't get the appeal of it. Even if it's a thread he doesn't like he's still repeatedly bumping threads filled with gay scat photos to the first page of the board he's trying to "save"
>>
File: zp_projecting.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
zp_projecting.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
>>52861803
>projecting this hard
>>
>>52859333
just dont buy new and drop at most 400 on a decent mac
>>
>>52862165
>>>52862107
>>^a/^e
>is there any reason why shortcuts in Linux are so idiotic?
Those are Emacs bindings, so you can blame RMS/GNU in general I guess.

>or nano
If you actually use nano for shit you should kill you're self my man.

The ^a/e/n/p/f/b/k/d is ubiquitous throughout all of OSX. Browser address bars, Spotlight, third party apps like Slack: if it has a text input window, you can use these bindings there.

Contrast with Windows where you basically have Home, End, and the arrow keys. This setup is inferior and often forces use of the mouse. Either way, your hand is coming off home row.

Also, I don't understand the aversion to the control key from some people. You don't HAVE to pinky it if that's not comfortable to you: just use the middle left side of your hand's palm (right below the pinky). I haven't used a single keyboard yet where that is not comfortable, so I'm surprised this doesn't just occur naturally to most people.
>>
File: 8 in corner.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
8 in corner.gif
1 MB, 320x240
I understand the no mods on /g/, but why he is not banned, while i was banned only to sendingo someone on tumblr?

just asking, no complain!
>>
>>52859357
Lunix > Linux/Unix
>>
>>52860735
Uhhh....there is. Xotic carries some. Do some research.
>>
oh look, its gayanon again posting this huge collection
>>
Poor
>>
MODS

Can you guys please do something about this scat faggot? Nuke the thread for all I care. I'd do it myself but the post is too old for me to do so.
>>
>>52867633
Maybe you should fuck off back to facebook and circlejerk over your shitty fruit themed toddler toys there.

This guy is doing a favor for /g/ unlike shitstains like you.
>>
Macs are pretty good tier but they're overpriced. When they drop to the sub $1,000.00 mark I'll switch
>>
>>52868238
Just buy refurb or on sale. You could easily get a new rMBP for less than $1000 from Best Buy a few months ago.
>>
>>52868909
damn man, at least straight scat!
>>
what does the command key even do?
>>
cause I'm not a gay Starbucks hipster
>>
File: 1391608734048.gif (161 KB, 167x219) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1391608734048.gif
161 KB, 167x219
>>52859296
Tried an ipad air 2
It was shit
Stopped me from trying out anymore apple products
>>
>>52869563
command
>>
>>52859296
Probably gonna get a surface book
>>
>>52869752
thanks, that helps a lot.
>>
fuckoff macshill
>>
i don't use facebook, so why would i need a facebook-machine?
>>
>>52866820
>Buying gimped used when you could get a better new laptop
>>
>>52864616
battery life mein fraulein

i still use chrome because muh familiarity
>>
>>52859421
> dock with default apps
> literally admitting OSX is only good for browsing the Internet
>>
I have Mac and PC, the only use my Mac has is Logic Pro X because I record music and it's my favorite DAW for live instrument recording. I couldn't stand protools on Windows so I had to get a Mac, aside from recording it does literally nothing and is a glorified web browser.
>>
File: scrn.png (402 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
scrn.png
402 KB, 2560x1600
>>52871907

not all of us use the dumb shit
>>
Too pricey. I can get a lot more bang for my buck buying other devices. Still in college, so funds are limited, and apple is out of my price range. I also like building my own desktops, so would only buy a mac if I wanted a new laptop.
>>
>>52872596

I mean obviously, who the fuck would buy a mac for a desktop? macs' strength is in portables
>>
No delete button.
>>
File: images.jpg (17 KB, 470x313) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
images.jpg
17 KB, 470x313
Because IT'S 2016

>no skylake till june
>even then it's a staggered launch
>best graphics option is basically a gimped 950m
>it costs 3000 dollars
>i7 u processors doom you to 1m+ compile times for any decent project that isn't some faggy startup spaghetti code in RoR

No thank you sir. I'd get the XPS 15 for a better screen, better graphics card and save 500 shekels on the way but I'm not part of the high density screen meme.
>>
I did. It's very nice. I have a Windows machine that runs headless (display emulator) so the Mac sits on my desk and plays vidya while the computer does the grunt work
>>
>>52859296
I was used to think about Macs in the 00s as a alternative for the Windows/ PC "power user". In the late 90s when I read about this until the first half of the 00s it looked like a niche for these power users and in my country the info about Macs was little and in my mind it had something "special".

So the iPhone cames, and iPad... I see all these people on the streets with these things and I'm disapointed with the way things are now. It's sad man. These arrogant 40 years old independent woman-tier using MacBooks

So I'm using a Dell Precision and a chinkphone (Samsung).

The mysticism of Apple is gone.
>>
>>52861101
Ofc it does
>>
>>52859296
Because 1k for 2013's finest tech is too high a price.
>>
File: 4bear.jpg (64 KB, 300x210) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
4bear.jpg
64 KB, 300x210
>>52859296
Because I've got 10s of thousands of dollars worth of pirated software for my PC.
>>
>>52872573
mind sharing your background?
we can share aids needles later
>>
I know this thread is dead as fuck but I was freaking the FUCK out when I realized every computer in my Arts&Technology building at school was filled with Macs. I had no idea how to use OSX and any of its software and I was one of those delusional "Mac is overpriced and shitty and a meme" edgesters. After a few weeks of using them, I grew to love it.

I even got a 15 inch rMBP a few weeks ago and I absolutely love it. I prefer doing pretty much everything on this as opposed to my desktop aside from playing games.

Sure they might be a /tiny/ bit pricey but so are the fucking Surface Books. If you can ever get your hands on a computer running OSX for a while, definitely try it out. The OS makes or breaks the products for a lot of people.
>>
>>52862532
Lol
Thread replies: 189
Thread images: 21
Thread DB ID: 515532



[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.