[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was he so highly regarded?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

File: stevejobsbig.jpg (499KB, 1488x1896px) Image search: [Google]
stevejobsbig.jpg
499KB, 1488x1896px
Why was he so highly regarded?
>>
>>52858345
marketed to normies using words they don't understand.
>>
L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N
>>
Because he made a relatively shitty company extremely profitable but without him apple is nothing
>>
>>52858345
Built the most profitable company of all time from a garage
>>
File: jobs onion.png (216KB, 680x740px) Image search: [Google]
jobs onion.png
216KB, 680x740px
I'd try to explain, but it would be like talking about Obama to a tea party rally.
>>
Made a shitload of money for early investors.
Literally made a technocult out of people who didn't know what the fuck they were buying.
>>
>>52858345
He had vision and taste
>>
>>52858798
Pretty much. He had a large untouched niche and he cashed it in.
>>
>>52858633

gotta love the onion
>>
>>52858345
Apple spends billions on marketing campaigns and PR campaigns are no exception.

Seriously, if this guy gave a homeless man a dollar Apple would make sure at least a million people knew about it.
>>
>>52858589
Im pretty sure thats google.
>>
>>52858345
because Obama knows what he is doing, he is undergoing a systematic effor to change this country. If i'm elected, ill embrace america as the number one
>>
Normies and women love assholes
>>
>>52858345
He helped invented the personal computer and he made life easier for you and I
>>
>>52861584
and obama knows what he is doing, honestly, he is undergoing a systematic effor to change this country
>>
>>52861590
he is dead, and its all thanks to his retarded notion that cancer can be cured with herbs
the fiction that obama doesn't know what he is doing is also retarded, he knows exactly what he is doing
>>
>>52858345
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xxgRUyzgs0
>>
>>52858345
He has an eye for aesthetics and typefaces. He pushed for minimalism early.

Working with Wozniak was probably a catalyst for awesome ideas.
>>
>>52859314
Right, but let's dispel this fiction once and for all that Barack Obama doesn't know what he's doing. He knows exactly what he's doing; he's undergoing a systematic effort to change this country and make America more like the rest of the world. If I'm elected we'll embrace what makes America the greatest country in the world.
>>
He had good taste, was able to foresee things that would catch on and invested into it at the right moment.

At the time when the first iPhone was released other phone companies developed things with multitouch displays too, but Apple was the first to go all out, as a company that didnt even sell phones before that happened. They also managed to package the whole thing in a good ecosystem, without the whole app store thing and the wave of applications that followed smartphones would have been far less useful and more like regular phones with a touch screen.
>>
File: advertizing-spending.png (15KB, 608x350px) Image search: [Google]
advertizing-spending.png
15KB, 608x350px
>>52861563
>Apple spends billions on marketing campaigns

Barely.
>>
>>52858345
He normified tech.

Before him, owning a smartphone was something only geeks/nerds would do. It was the PDA of phones, only for businessmen or turbonerds.

Tablets were a dead niche before he decided Apple should make a tablet. Again, he normified tablets, turned them into everyday devices, from just fringe gadgets bought only by tech reviewers.

Because of this effect of reality distortion he created, all the tech media worship him and think he was the 21st century da Vinci of the tech world.

Basically his recipe was to take traditional technology which looked geeky and repulsive to most normies and package it in a pretty box, with rounded edges, grey aluminium case and make the device seem "magical". His philosophy was "hide anything which looks like you need to be competent to use this device and make it look as different as possible from any similar product on the market."

But little do people understand his success didn't come because of what he did, but because of a major cultural change which happened starting from about 2005 onwards, and which made everyone more concerned about design, atmosphere, impression, fake emotion, retro stuff. You couldn't just own a gadget which looked like it was "HP" or "Toshiba". You needed something which gave you a more "special snowflake" look, a gadget like a pet, that would reflect your lifestyle.

That's how Apple became successful first with the iPods, which were advertised as an everyday companion to your jogging routine, your gym session, a great accessory for the young and liberated party-going normie. It's very complicated to describe this cultural change, because it was very gradual and included lots of subtle changes which took place over the years, but ultimately Apple became a mainstream company due to this change in how people perceived technology, as something which needs first of all to look good and project a certain image if you own it.

Then they became status objects.
>>
>>52861702
>implying Wozniak didnt do all the work
>implying Jobs knew anything about tech
>implying Jobs should be praised for anything apple came up with
Jobs is the reason why Apple is pushing for thinner, more useless stuff, Laptops with only one port, and shitty, locked down products like the Mac and the whole closed down ecosystem they have and had.
The only one who knew what he was doing was Wozniak, as he was pushing for more powerful hardware and a more open standard, yet everyone thinks Jobs is a fucking hero though he must be the biggest failure ever.

People dont even know Wozniak's name. Its sad, really.
>>
File: even-in-death.png (42KB, 344x309px) Image search: [Google]
even-in-death.png
42KB, 344x309px
>>52858345
Calligraphy
>>
>>52858589
Im pretty sure thats Wozniak.
>>
>>52861988
Woz was wary about leaving his comfy job at HP. And it was Jobs' garage.
>>
>>52862021
But Jobs didnt do shit except fuck things up.
>>
>>52861960
He made that shit actually useful. PDAs and Tablets were for "geeks" cause the effort maintaining them was bad in comparison to what useful features they provided.

PDAs with Winows mobile had a desktop-like windows interface that was thoughtlessly ported to mobile. It had shit like a start menu, contex menus opened by emulated right clicks which forced you to use a stylus to do anything. Installing applications meant connecting it to the computer and download setup files from the internet. I owned a HTC PDA and it was a complete trainwreck compared to modern smartphones.
>>
Because he rose to the top and told engineers and programmers "FUCK YOU make what I envision and fuck your logic just do what you can to make it work ."

And that's how the iPhone was made, and tablets, and macs.
>>
Effective dictator
>>
>>52858345
some good design ideas and a hell of a pr team
>>
>>52858345
I miss him
>>
>>52862053
I wish I could fuck up and make a billion in the process.
>>
File: Picture_052.jpg (127KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Picture_052.jpg
127KB, 1600x1200px
>>52858345
I like him because he made lots of educated engineers and programmers realize the beauty of communism.
>>
>>52862607
Look at >>52861975 and tell me you cant.
>>
>>52862666
Subtle Kek.I heard people found works of Marx under the beds of apple workers.
>>
File: jobs.jpg (462KB, 3000x1900px) Image search: [Google]
jobs.jpg
462KB, 3000x1900px
>>52862691
He was technically proficient, just not Woz levels wizardry, nobody is. But he had visions of the potential of technology and realized while he may not be the most technical guy in the room, he can organize them.

Gates knew he wasn't the smartest guy in the room, but could surround himself with them and strategize.

Elon Musk probably isn't the smartest guy at Tesla either. I bet even he would wind up at Apple instead.
>>
>>52858345
bcs he put his fingers on chin like it means something
>>
>>52858345
Steven Jobsky is the creator of the computer world. He invented apps, the PC, the Mac, the internet, open source, phones, email... Basically everything is his creation. More than 6 millions of usefull creation. Respect Jobsky!
>>
>>52863086
There's a difference between "not being the smartest guy in the room but organizing them" and "being a moron who actually doesn't know shit and tries to hold back progress". Thats what Jobs was.
The poster above was kinda right when he said, the reason we have so many products going for more form and less function is because of him.
And in the tech world, form > function is ALWAYS fucking stupid.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (27KB, 600x402px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
27KB, 600x402px
>>52864058
>form > function is ALWAYS fucking stupid
Tell me, what is it like having no concept of retail products or a desire to make profit? Stay NEET, you autist.
>>
>>52864162
>creating shit for money
this is the problem
>>
He really could sell you crap and you wouldn't even bother paying 700+ dollars for it
>>
>>52861975
most people find jobs to be the hero because of the fact that when he left, shit went downhill FAST so they needed to bring him back.

Thats pretty damn heroic if you ask me. but yes, Woz is most certainly the foundation of Apple. Jobs is what Apple has become.
>>
>>52864058
in the tech world yes, function > form

but why would you waste time selling to techies when you can sell to normies and make double the amount of money? are you forgetting they want profit above all else? apple could make a series of very powerful, well designed devices that could smash anything on the market but why fucking bother when theyre making more money this way?

and finally, i take that back. form matters quite a bit when taking into account that theyre making cell phones, very portable laptops and small computers for people that need just that. theyre a business first.
>>
>>52858345
Because he was a meme
>>
>>52858345
He isn't. Only fags like him. Look how many films have been made about him and all of them flopped big time.
>>
>>52864162
>what is it like having no concept of retail products or a desire to make profit
It's like living in developed country where people are not fat burger inhaling cowboys and don't see each other as walking wallets
>>
>>52858589
>most profitable company of all time
Fucking teenagers
>>
>>52865040
>phones
This fucker ruined them forever
He made them absurdly thin to the point where they're uncomfortable to hold
He made them ridiculously tall to the point where it barely fits on a pocket
The call quality is crap etc.

Good fucking god
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.