[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I still dont fucking understand why people hate windows 10? People

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 7

File: Windows-10-Wallpapers.jpg (137KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Windows-10-Wallpapers.jpg
137KB, 2560x1600px
I still dont fucking understand why people hate windows 10? People say it's a botnet when clearly it isn't. Like seriously? They come up with the latest security features to keep you safe from hackers, Phishing sites and malware. I have it and I dont see any problem with it whatsoever. Seriously all of you need to grow up! Yes Ads from windows can be annoying sometimes but as an honest "OP" Individual with no friends and gf I consider this product safe as a whistle with no harm to my computer! Consider this how hard this made be bait but It's true! You people need to stop spying on others and fuck off with your friends or give up your friends and gf and live your life the way you want to live in an educative state! Making friends is a waste of time and effort, mostly pointless. Please /g/ make an investment without friends they're nothing but keeping you down! I'm fucking serious about this too. They have every right to watch you and protect their company from bankruptcy. It needs to stop period. Even the wallpaper describes it!
>>
>>52702460
Windows users hate Windows 10 because it's too different from earlier versions of Windows and thus require some effort in learning how to use.

Linux users hate Windows 10 because it's fucking Windows.
>>
>>52702460
>forced updates
>ads in the start menu
>unhelpful error messages
>>
It's just how people work.

Use this >>52702537 anon as an example, he obviously didn't use Windows 10 so he doesn't know that he can actually turn those things off, but he still proceeds to hate it.

So yeah, there will always be people that hate and love 'X' thing.
>>
>>52702564

>can actually turn those things off

Not him but the problem with that is that you can't select what updates to get and what not to get. Turning forced updates all on or off is not very important.
>>
>>52702460
Nice try rajeesh
>>
>>52702460
>$10.00 has been added into your Microsoft Wallet.
>>
>>52702460
>keep you safe from hackers
>I don't see any problem with it
>All of you need to grow up!
>I consider this product safe as a whistle

I can tell you out effort into this b8 OP.
>>
>>52702460
Mate, it's closed source, meaning nobody but Microsoft knows how it operates. I'd urge to read up on Kerckhoffs' principle, or Shannon's maxim why knowing everything about a system is the only way to guarantee its security.

Also, some (biased) points here: https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/malware-microsoft.html
>>
>>52702689

>closed source

>People still find ways to exploit it

How does this happen if hackers can't read the code?

If they ended up with code that was able to be analyzed to find an exploit, wouldn't that go to say that software had been reverse engineered?

Bottom line is, if hackers can read the code somehow (reverse engineering? or whatever) why can't open source advocates do the same to get the exploits and bring it up to people's attention? they just stupid and not as smart as bad hackers are?
>>
>>52702748
>they just stupid and not as smart as bad hackers

You have to be 18 to be here.
>>
>>52702809

>shit, what can I say to not sound retarded and still sound cool when I don't know what else to say?
>>
>>52702460
>try to edit mp3 details via file proprieties
>can't complete operation because file is open in COM Surrogate
>try to kill com surrogate
>nothing
>try other solutions that Microcuck Pajeet wrote on microsoft answers to other people having the same issue
>nothing
T-thanks
I had to use a third party software
>>
>>52702748
1) Hackers can be highly technically competent, often at levels that surpasses most software engineers. Also, they can in a lot of cases be state funded, just look at China's and Russia's cyberwarfare programs. If you don't think Chinese keyboard warriors (pun intended) aren't instructed to target small American businesses with ransomware and whatnot in order to harm the American economy, then you are naive.

2) Hacking, even with the "right" intensions such as detecting security wholes, are in most cases illegal, unless you have some special agreement. For example geohot, he was threatened with a massive lawsuit. And in most cases, software vendors don't want an army of autistic neckbeards pointing out how horrible their product is and how insecure it is.
>>
>>52702460
Just ignore them.

There is a reason people get paid to make Windows, OSX, etc and a reason the people complaining and claim to know better have no life other than complaining on the internet 18 hours day.

Keep quiet, let them rant, make the most of your time and enjoy life :)
>>
>>52702564
>you can just turn it off
Yeah go buy a bread with some mold on it, you can just peel it off
>>
>>52702900

Sounds like another case of user having an out of control system to begin with man. I'm just sayin' I've seen people swear they have shit under control and I can spot a system totally fucked in one way or another by it's user acting a fool and then running around like "duhh, this stupid thing don't work".
>>
>>52702748
Because everybody is able to look at the source code. This makes it easier for everybody to spot mistakes, or blatant malicious behaviour.

Publishing the source code is a good thing, especially when it concerns cryptography (which includes an OS in general).

The problem however, lies in the scarcity of really good programmers that put security first, as well as the scarcity of independent research and audits.

Closed source obstructs this because it's much harder to verify the proper function of a system. Exploits (whether they be intentional or not) are also easier to keep silent so that they can be abused by any number of parties, until it's finally found by someone that publishes it so that it can be fixed.
>>
Yeah, get the fuck out Satya.
>>
I need it for school so I am always sad that /g/ tells me that I'm getting my data stolen.
>>
>>52703018
You are. It's called key escrow. https://theintercept.com/2015/12/28/recently-bought-a-windows-computer-microsoft-probably-has-your-encryption-key/
>>
>another damage/bad image control thread.

get the fuck out please.
>>
>>52702689
>Thinks Linux is secure
If you are using Linux for security you are deluded.
Linux can't protect form hardware backdoors and other types of attacks.
If you want a secure system, don't connect to the internet.
>>
>>52702460

>I still dont fucking understand why people hate windows 10? People say it's a botnet when clearly it isn't. Like seriously?

Seriously, bro. Poverty stricken envious haters, the lot of them. Not like you can install Windows 10 for free or nothing.
>>
>>52703284
That's not really fair. All bets are off with physical access, mate.
>>
>>52702460
DESIGNATED
>>
I will always buy Microsoft Windows™ because the future starts now™. Microsoft also pioneers innovative new technologies like DirectX™, Office™, and the highest quality operating system to ever grace computers.
When I boot up with a brand new computer running Microsoft Windows™ with the latest Z chipset powered by Intel™ and latest Nvidia™ graphics, I can enjoy the games the way they where meant to be played™. Microsoft™ also pioneers in the gaming field with its latest Xbox™ console to allow gamers to play on their big screens with family and friends.
Microsoft Windows™ is also very secure. It's the most secure operating system on the planet. It's harden against NSA probes, tested by highly trained and experienced programming engineers to have ever graced this planet. With such innovative security technologies like UAC, Defender, Security Essentials, BitLocker, and Windows™ Firewall you can ensure all your sensitive data is secured and you're safe on the internet. Microsoft™ most advanced, and dare say, the most advance web browser on the market, Edge™, has decoupled addon support, like flash, to ensure maximum user safety when browsing the web. You can ensure Microsoft™ keeps you safe from the NSA.
At this point in time there's really no reasons to consider Linux. I tried once. It caused my Nvidia™ graphics to overheat so much due to its poor quality, novice programmed, open source drivers that it exploded and nearly burnt down my house.
Windows™ is the only real way to play games or do anything productive. We've seen that they offer incredible libraries for software developers like Visual Studio and Microsoft C++ Compiler. He is probably too poor to afford the Microsoft Windows™ experience and can not afford to play any games.
Don't be a poor gamer with bad security and no drivers. The Future Starts Now™ with Microsoft Windows™
>>
>>52703401
But you don't need physical access.
>>
Why would anyone pay to use proprietary malware?
>>
>>52703448
You do, you're talking about hardware back doors. Attacks, or shady manufacturers threats that back door your hardware isn't pertinent to your choice of OS.
>>
Windows 10 is good.

My only 2 problems with it is that you can't fucking disable Windows update and you can't disable Windows defender.

That's some BS. Other then that, it's good.
>>
>>52703500
>You do, you're talking about hardware back doors.

If the hardware backdoors comes in the form of a chip in a ruoter does that count as physical access?
I mean, maybe we are referring to different things.
By physical acces I mean a guy steals your hard disk or installs a keylogger in your keyboard.
If broadcom ships a backdoored chip, Windows or Linux, your system is compromised.
>>
>>52703572
>>You do, you're talking about hardware back doors.
>If the hardware backdoors comes in the form of a chip in a ruoter does that count as physical access?
Yes, of course.
>By physical acces I mean a guy steals your hard disk or installs a keylogger in your keyboard.
Yes, that's physical access, friend.
>If broadcom ships a backdoored chip, Windows or Linux, your system is compromised.
Exactly, that's physical access. No operating system protects from physical access. If your hardware is compromised, it's game over (sadly).
>>
its a lot better than win8, but its still a lot worse than windows 7. if you had any brain you'd just return to win7 until microsoft gets their shit together and stop trying to pawn mobile phone OS features as a desktop OS. Because that's the core problem with the design, that theyre trying to get give a leg up to their windowsPhones at the expense of quality desktop experience.
>>
File: 1430348806543.png (164KB, 398x307px) Image search: [Google]
1430348806543.png
164KB, 398x307px
Forced and shady (no changelogs) updates.
/v manchildren and indians shill it becasue they have no self respect to begin with.
KEKS.
>>
>>52702460
>People say it's a botnet when clearly it isn't.
You're not fooling anybody. Whatever Microsoft is paying you to say that is too much.
>>
>>52702630
WUMT?
>>
>>52703018
>I need it for school so I am always sad that /g/ tells me that I'm getting my data stolen.
Maybe your data is not being stolen, however microsoft reserves the right to do it, don't just trust /g/ blindly, read the terms of the damn product you're using instead of blaming others for anything and decide by yourself, it's your data and your computer after all.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/privacystatement/
>>
>>52702460
windows 10 is spyware
>>
>>52703933
I'm just saying I need it for school so I have no choice in this
>>
>>52702460
>People say it's a botnet when clearly it isn't.
You don't sound like you know what infosec researchers have discovered about this, so I'd suggest you read up on that, but since you've made this thread I think you're a shill.
>>
>>52703415
SHITTING
>>
>>52702942
No problem with ignoring what people says and doing what you think is good for you but i think you're swapping aside arguments and trying to discredit other people without stating a reason or arguments.

>There is a reason people get paid to make Windows, OSX, etc
It's true that more resources are directly related to the quality of a product but that doesn't means that open source software is only made for no profit, in fact free as in freedom is not the same as free as in free beer, there's a lot of paid developers working on open source software, just look at the sponsors of the linux foundation. Read a bit before making an appeal to wealth fallacy.

>the people complaining and claim to know better have no life other than complaining on the internet 18 hours day.
Baseless ad hominem
>>
>>52704023
i know how you feel, i need windows only for certain specific things where i have no choice too, and it's mostly due to closed formats and APIs, not because i cannot do the work with a tool compatible with my actual os of choice, i hate that but oh well.
>>
>>52702965

Bad analogy. Stop breathing.
>>
>>52702460
>windows 10
I don't understand why they killed it.
>>
File: 1445871124755.jpg (23KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1445871124755.jpg
23KB, 320x320px
>>52702460
poo in loo
poo in loo
poo in loo
poo in loo
poo in loo
>>
i thought the "phone home" was just a load of bullshit but is put my pc on sleep every night when i go to bed, and when i first installed win10 my pc would wake itself up every couple of minutes... turns out my network card would turn the pc back on so it could connect to microsofts servers
>>
>>52704310
sorry pajeesh but his analogy seems fine to me

go be buttblasted no one wants your shitware OS somewhere else
>>
I've got Enterprise 64b. straight from MSDN and I love it. Had to do some tweaking for half a day, the menus and settings are all spread over the OS, but other than that I have no complaints.

I've read the horror stories of deleted drivers, programs, etc. but none such issue with me.
>>
>>52702460
it literally is a botnet it's been confirmed that microjew sends all your shit to their data centers so they can sell it to advertisers and the federal government.

also i just installed windows 10 onto my new machine anyways because all that telemetry garbage got patched into 7 and 8.
>>
>>52704037
STREETS
>>
>>52702496
/thread
>>
File: JUST.jpg (19KB, 217x320px) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
19KB, 217x320px
>install windows 10 on my laptop
>now crashes every time I open it up
It was running just fine on 8.1, fuck everything
>>
i heard dual booting windows 10 is fucking awful/doesnt work so i dont use windows 10
>>
>>52703284
Good luck getting your zero day exploits patched ever. I'm using Antergos and I've gotten two patches for zero day exploits the same day I've read about them. Good luck with that on Windows.
>>
>>52704815
um
I have a feeling this is bait but
works for me with win10/debian
>>
It's unfinished and the lack of patch notes is an abomination
>>
>Using an ad supported malware driven OS.
>Using a computer with UEFI.
>Any year.
>>
File: 1453599954685.png (120KB, 1024x1004px) Image search: [Google]
1453599954685.png
120KB, 1024x1004px
EVERYBODY LISTEN! CHANFAG WITH A REAL REASON HERE!!!!!!

http://itvision.altervista.org/why-windows-10-sucks.html
>>
Three things that I had to "fix" for Win 10:
1). Interface (ClassicShell)
2). Shutdown problems (install older Intel Management Engine)
3). Mouse problems (X something software ... Does not always work though)

For the rest ... I just mis Win 7
>>
>>52702496
Horseshit my grandmother switched to it recently and hasn't had any issues with it.
>>
>>52702681
I lol'd
>>
>>52702460
that one big paragraph.

>didn't even read it
>>
>>52702564
>turn those things off

wut?
forced updates is a thing that you can't avoid unless you have the enterprise version
>>
File: 1453975431457.png (577KB, 1372x767px) Image search: [Google]
1453975431457.png
577KB, 1372x767px
>>52702460
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.