[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay anons, you have a button which will eradicate only one of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 233
Thread images: 26

File: applemicrosoftgoogle.jpg (36KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
applemicrosoftgoogle.jpg
36KB, 600x300px
Okay anons, you have a button which will eradicate only one of these three companies from existence

Pick one
>>
>>52664019
>windows
>chrome
>companies

id kill apple tho
>>
>>52664019
apple
>>
Bye apple
>>
>>52664019
Apples quickly turning into what Microsoft use to be
Microsofts pretty neutral these days
Googles steaming ahead and doing whatever the fuck they want
So Apple.
>>
I love my mbp, but apple
>>
Tough choice.
Google has the deepest reaching tentacles, so Google.
IDGAF about Apple.
>>
>>52664019
Chrome/Google. Other companies would be able to fill the gap and add more variety to the browser and search market. Killing apple would leave Microsoft without any competition and they'd inevitably get shittier, and vice versa.
>>
Apple by far.

I use Google/Microsoft products, because I'm not a paranoid pedobeard.
>>
>>52664089
Google is really a hard choice for me. They're doing a lot of good scientific work in artificial intelligence creation and other fields, but they're very quickly gaining monopolies almost everywhere and this scares me very badly. I want to keep them around but I have no idea what the future will look like with them still here.
>>
File: apple.png (16KB, 680x598px) Image search: [Google]
apple.png
16KB, 680x598px
Hey, just a question for the people picking Apple, why? Is it because the people who use Apple products remind you of the kids who bullied you in school?
>>
Apple makes shitty products, but they don't hurt people who aren't their customers.

Google spies on everyone and makes ads, but it's not that hard to escape if you use an adblocker, avoid Google products, and use NoScript. And they make some cool products.

MS introduces proprietary de-facto standards, deliberately sabotages free software, and makes almost no worthwhile products. They hurt the entire industry, not just their users. Killing them would result in Linux and free software taking over.

MS it is.
>>
>>52664134
I wouldn't trust that graph, of course the people making more money would want the social status phone and of course the technical workers would want something they can have more control with
>>
>>52664113
>artificial intelligence
Given their business model and involvement in world affairs, this is not a good thing.
Will be likely used tor social manipulation, if it isn't already.
>https://wikileaks.org/google-is-not-what-it-seems/
>>
>>52664113
>>52664019
I'd kill Google too. The only reason people aren't questioning their monopoly is because of all the research they still do makes them look like a young company even though they're almost 20 years old. Once the hype dies down, people will realize just how shitty they are.

Microsoft is pretty neutral these days. Not as monopolistic as the past, but their future is uncertain. Apple lost their edge once Jobs died because Tim Cook cucks himself to his investors instead of giving them the old Jobs "fuck you, I do what I want".
>>
File: 1433387613637.gif (405KB, 86x117px) Image search: [Google]
1433387613637.gif
405KB, 86x117px
>>52664134
They're pretty much just sitting on their iphone cash and doing literally nothing but suing other people. Even Samsung is more progressive these days. Their products aren't even worth the hype. A chromebook is just as smooth if not better than a $3000 macbook. iPhones are so far behind the times that if Google ever makes some sorta break through with Android, then Apple will crumble into the wind and no one will be there to save them. They're pretty much 1980s/90s microsoft at this point.
>>
Apple, because /poorfag/ here
>>
>>52664134
Source?
>>
I'm going with microsoft. I'd prefer it if they were only knocked down a few dozen pegs as far as market share goes because then they might actually have to compete to survive instead of building their botnets up, but I'll settle for killing them off entirely.
>>
>>52664019
Apple has contributed the least.
>>
File: 2770233-9913215536-14199.jpg (64KB, 480x600px) Image search: [Google]
2770233-9913215536-14199.jpg
64KB, 480x600px
Whilst Apple and MS inevitably repel me with some of their choices, only Apple has succeeded in brewing a consistently irritating image of elitism, borderline retarded userbase, overpriced hardware and after the death of Jobs, absolutely zero creativity.

So I would happily kill them off.
>>
I think MS is currently the most opposed to free software. Apple doesn't have much effect either way and Google is helpful at time.

But Apple and MS are both waning in importance while Google is still growing. I'd kill Google since Apple and MS will both lose their empires all on their own.
>>
Google within 20 years will be so massive and ingrained into everyone's lives that it'll be over and nothing can stop them. We're pretty much almost there.
>>
>>52664187
http://www.forbes.com/sites/toddhixon/2014/04/10/what-kind-of-person-prefers-an-iphone/#20687a383e5a
>>
microsoft

all unix-like operating systems are okay
>>
Google. MS is the most harmful NOW, but Google is going to be a monster in the future. I would kill it before it's too late.
>>
Apple - annoying, vain, tech ignorant userbase. Not a threat to privacy and in turn freedom. Just don't buy apple products

I can avoid M$ products and services easily. Install linux & use libre office. easy

Google is all but impossible to avoid. Kill them before it's too late.
>>
>>52664134
Why are Android users undoubtedly best from this graph?
>>
>>52664349
ikr. applefags cant even drink
>>
>>52664019
>google
Enjoy your botnet.
>>
File: 149141617-239x300.jpg (5KB, 239x300px) Image search: [Google]
149141617-239x300.jpg
5KB, 239x300px
>there are people giving answers that are not apple

ITT: how to spot a cumguzzler
>>
>>52664394
>implying any of the three respect your privacy
>>
google hands-down. within our lifetime they will be more powerful than any entity on earth
>>
File: 1438450247957.jpg (95KB, 640x815px) Image search: [Google]
1438450247957.jpg
95KB, 640x815px
There is literally nothing wrong with Google becoming powerful IF they use that force for an objective good.

Prove me wrong.
>>
>>52664019
This is an easy one for me. Google. They are the most powerful and insidious of all with deep ties to the US government.
>>
>>52664102
>implying google only makes a browser
>>
>>52664454
>objective good
No such thing. Good is subjective.
>>
>>52664454
There is no such thing as an objective good. They say don't be evil, but Larry Schmidt gets to define what is evil.
>>
>>52664454
>There is literally nothing wrong with Google becoming powerful IF they use that force for an objective good.
Given their track record we can scratch that possibility.
>>
Google
At least MS and Apple aren't trying to track everyone on the internet
>>
>>52664089
>>52664102
>>52664113
>>52664172
>>52664246
>>52664274
>>52664340
>>52664394
>>52664480

This. I hate Apple but speaking from an influence, not money perspective, they're fucking lightweights.
>>
>>52664019
The obvious answer is Google, for the good of humanity. Microshaft and Aplel are mere merchants compared to Google who is about to go full big brother and skynet in a few years.
>>
Google easily. Their influence is fucking everywhere and you pretty much can't escape their botnet unless you refuse to use the internet itself.
And the worse part? They managed to convince fucking everyone that they are a great company who can do no wrong. Even /g/ is guilty of this.
>>
Gewg-net
>>
>>52664019
apple
>>
>all these gaymen faggots

Fuck your Windows. Microsoft needs to go.

Apple has a semblance of caring about data security. Google does half-assed job at making internet access better by fiber-raping ISPs. Microsoft consistently churns out shitty products with glaring security holes, and now they bait users with "free" os upgrades.
>>
File: Cuck OS.png (267KB, 673x888px) Image search: [Google]
Cuck OS.png
267KB, 673x888px
>>52665827
>Apple has a semblance of caring about data security.

Fuck off retard.
>>
>>52665849
>web-enabled Spotlight sends data over the net when you explicitly search for web results
>meanwhile Cortana tries to send your queries to Microsoft regardless of context
gee anon, how come your mom lets you be doubly retarded?
>>
>>52665877
>when you explicitly search for web results
Why are mactoddlers such braindead retards?

Enjoy being cucked by both Apple and MS moron.
>>
>>52664723
They are libertarians. It means ill people going to make earth a liberal-cybernetic hell.

So Google.
>>
>>52665930
Not him, I would chose Google anyway, but you seem to lack of meaningful things to say.
>>
>>52664340
>Apple - annoying, vain, tech ignorant userbase.
>I use Google/Microsoft products, because I'm not a paranoid pedobeard.
>>52664224
>only Apple has succeeded in brewing a consistently irritating image of elitism, borderline retarded userbase,
>>52664340
>Apple - annoying, vain, tech ignorant userbase.
>>52664386
>ikr. applefags cant even drink

Isn't it strange how Apple's USERS take such flack in a discussion about companies? Does being ignorant make us wealthy, or the other way around? And annoying? I can keep silent while you try to find the right drivers for your sound card, but you still know I'm there.

============

Alas, Apple's quality has deteriorated since the old days, but it is still solidly better than microsoft's. Microsoft doesn't have the power to be evil that it once had - but there is still no reason why people are paying so much money for the worst OS on the market. Google's power can be frightening, but I'm not aware of actual harm done from them. So I call for microsoft.

>>52664211
>Apple has contributed the least.

Name three Microsoft products or technologies that weren't obvious knockoffs of someone else's products.
>>
I dunno, let me think.

Apple is a company that sells stupid products to stupid people at stupidly high prices.

Microsoft is a bunch of monopolistic douchebags that are farming user information in order to serve ads in an increasingly desperate bid to finance their business long-term so that they can give the OS for 'free' in order to stay relevant.

Google is a company that literally has the slogan 'don't be evil,' yet keep acting like the heads of an Orwellian dystopia, and actually, legitimately seems to have the ambition of making that a reality by controlling the flow of information however they choose.

The worst thing Apple is doing is taking money from stupid people. The worst thing Microsoft is doing is stealing their users' information to serve them ads. The worst thing Google is doing is trying to do is to create a totalitarian dictatorship by means of total information control.

I'm going to go with Google on this one.
>>
>>52664019

Apple. I like their products, but I do think that they're going downhill now that the fuhrer Jobs is dead.

Microsoft did a ton of shitty stuff in the 90s, and Balmer was a dipshit who let the company stagnate, but they do quite a lot of interesting research, and I really like what they're doing with C# and F#.

Google is a botnet player, but goddamn have they improved my quality of life in a lot of ways. Remember the Internet before the V8 JS engine in Chrome? Hell, Chrome was just all-around a fantastic leap forward, except for the shitty non-MRU Ctrl-Tab behavior.
>>
>>52665930
>being called out on not knowing what the fuck you're talking about
>"y-y-you must be a mactoddler"
end your life before the week's over
>>
>>52666004
>Name three Microsoft products or technologies that weren't obvious knockoffs of someone else's products.

You can't name even one Apple product that meets that criteria.

They've contributed absolutely nothing and has caused a massive technology regression.
>>
Can't I kill Facebook instead?

actually the one I want to die the most is Twitter, but they're having difficulty making any money, so hopefully the market will take care of it in the next downturn
>>
>>52664019
Leaving Google or Apple alone would harm the world really bad. So I'd choose Microsoft, which is quite irrelevant today.
>>
ITT poo in the loo
>>
File: 1449765800208.gif (1MB, 522x290px) Image search: [Google]
1449765800208.gif
1MB, 522x290px
Apple. It'd be great also to see the hard hit the economy would take in the states. Chaos, panic, all that good shit, and then see all the workers in China celebrating.
>>
>>52664134
No. Because I know the difference between. A gigabyte a d megabyte people assume I know how to fix shitty apple products.

No matter how many times you tell them to fuck off they go and buy more apple shit then ask for help when it shits itself again.
>>
>>52666106
Yup celebrating that they r out of job
>>
>>52666004
>>Mouse Wheel
>>IPTV

Thats all I got. Can't think of a third.
>>
>>52666151
Eh, its China. They'll just get thrown into another slave or prison labor camp, don't you worry.
>>
>>52666073
Removing Apple wouldn't really impact anything other than graphic designers and pot heads.
>>
>>52666179
You are giving mobile market to Google alone. Does it sound like a good idea to you?
>>
File: pls buy.png (698KB, 1566x933px) Image search: [Google]
pls buy.png
698KB, 1566x933px
>apple

They seem to be doing that pretty well on their own.
>>
>>52666213
They already have 90% of the mobile market, i.e. the exact same that MS has of the desktop market. Avoiding it is easy as shit. You can even use proxy search engines and maintain their level of functionality.
>>
>>52666213

Google competes with all the dipshit carriers that fuck up Google's work.

If Android were the only major player in the market, there would still be tons of competition.
>>
>>52664019
Apple
>>
File: 1453811810247.png (312KB, 713x974px) Image search: [Google]
1453811810247.png
312KB, 713x974px
>>52664019
End of the day none of them are really "evil". They have products/services, and sell them or "trade" them in exchange for letting advertisers know you like CPUs and RAM instead of protien powders and JCPenney sales. The average social media tard that cries about this plasters all that info all over their FB and blog or whatever freely anyway.

If you want out, just don't participate. There's nothing Google/MS offers that there aren't alternatives for.

Apple on the other hand is pure cancer and needs to be cleansed from the earth. They are literally 90's MS right now, and they don't even try to hide it.
>>
>>52666217
apple is super overvalued. They will doll down a bit, bounce back up, and get a new balancing point
>>
>>52666050
>You can't name even one Apple product that meets that criteria.

- Quicktime
- Hypercard (Basically HTML in 1987 with local files.)
- GUI (Sorry Xerox, it's not a product if you don't let anyone use it.)
- Click wheel for iPod. (Apple took over this market by solving a problem that no one else understood we had.)
- iTunes Music Store (First non-horrible online music store.)
- Multi-touch interface. (Apple's ad taught you what reverse pinch meant.)
- iPads (Tablets existed before this, but they were unusable without Apple's understanding of user interface.)
- Long file names
- 24 bit color
- Retina displays.
- Apple Desktop Bus (Precursor to USB in 1986)
- Proportional Fonts
- Antialiased Fonts
- Fonts (In other words, WYSIWYG printing.)
- Video/Audio/Image compression in the os.

But this misses an important factor about why Macs were better. I mentioned sound cards because they were such a mess on windows. You could buy a $500 sound card, only to have every program you use ignore it's abilities and give it nothing but 8 bits samples because that is what everyone else had. On macs, we had a single high quality system that everyone could use to it's full potential.

The mac was full of advantages that took a paragraph to explain, and so would be ignored by techies who looked at nothing but spec numbers. That is why nerds used windows, and people who knew how to dress themselves preferred macs.
>>
>>52666000
nice dupe trips
>>
I ch-ch-choose Apple
>>
google

i'd love to see normalfags search for wikipedia articles _now_

muhahahahahahahha
>>
>>52666596
>names a giant list of knockoffs or other peoples ideas
>>
>>52666596
>they were unusable without Apple's understanding of user interface

Just because Apple needs to toddlerify their electronics so your tiny rat brain can figure it out doesn't mean they weren't usable.
>>
>>52664083
Do you have anything to back that up.

Form a privacy perspective Microsoft has gotten worse than Google. Apple is doing relatively well.
From a freedom perspective all are shit, Google has some open projects, Microsoft's open projects all have some double agenda bullshit tied to them. C# is patented and puts Microsoft in control of demolishing all open implementations.
Apple doesn't care about freedom at all.

Microsoft's products are relatively most buggy and worst engineered.

Apple's products are extremely overpriced, Microsoft is extremely overpriced for businesses, but has shady business models for regular customers. Google only has shady business models.

They're all bad, but Microsoft absolutely the worst these days.
>>
File: Double Cuck.png (437KB, 691x1268px) Image search: [Google]
Double Cuck.png
437KB, 691x1268px
>>52666702
>Apple is doing relatively well.
>Form a privacy perspective

Literally a double cuck.
>>
File: 1453605555866.jpg (41KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1453605555866.jpg
41KB, 600x600px
>>52666716
>use OSX
>get spied on my applel AND ms
>>
>>52666716
>what is relatively
Both Google and Microsoft collect a lot more than that, simpleton.
>>
File: we care about customer privacy.png (99KB, 489x839px) Image search: [Google]
we care about customer privacy.png
99KB, 489x839px
>>52666726
Apple collect a lot more than that, simpleton.
>>
>>52664019
Microsoft, without question.

And this is from a guy who thinks all Appleshit is just stupid overpriced shit that are basically worthless compared to the competing products.
>>
File: ssl-added-and-removed-here.jpg (13KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
ssl-added-and-removed-here.jpg
13KB, 800x600px
>>52666716
>an internet search sends your data into the internet
>>
>>52666764
>a file search sends your search data into the internet

Literally no different from W10, except with W10 only MS spies on you, rather than both MS and Apple simultaneously.
>>
>>52666764
>spotlight
>internet search
>>
This thread is the ultimate /v/ro filter. Anybody who says anything other than Microsoft is not /g/-tier and needs to return. End of discussion.
>>
>>52666647
>>names a giant list of knockoffs or other peoples ideas

Not one of which you need to name because Troll.

>>52666660
>doesn't mean they weren't usable.
No, the fact that NO ONE BOUGHT THEM meant they weren't useable.
>>
>>52666734
>Apple knows names and addresses, geographic locations and app and music-purchase histories
Any online shop collects this data, its a side effect of operating the thing. Any fucking web server that keeps an access log can extract most of those information.
>>
>>52664019
Apple
I like some things of Google and if Microshit dissapears more people switch so Gay OS X
>>
>>52666786
Thats what it does, it searches the internet and your computer for things.

>>52666781
>Literally no different from W10, except with W10 only MS spies on you, rather than both MS and Apple simultaneously.
>haha LMAO smart argument xD
Apple proxies those requests, BING doesn't know where the requests comes from.
>>
>>52666130
Hey it's my old boss who couldn't figure out how to reinstall OSX.
>>
>>52664019
Windows/Microsoft.
Year of the linux desktop.
>>
File: 1452819191865.jpg (415KB, 1000x710px) Image search: [Google]
1452819191865.jpg
415KB, 1000x710px
>>52666802
>i-it's ok when appel does it!!!
>>
Tough choice, but i think i would kill Microsoft beccause windows keeps Linux from succeding
>>
>>52664019
google, absolutely sure the danger of today's internet. pre-2007 apple (powerpc/68xxx) was the best with that sexy and usable unix underneath. Without steve not really interesting anymore.
>>
>>52666734
>I don't know what relative is
Name one type of data Apple collects which at least Microsoft or Google doesn't.
All three collect your location, speech and search data. Google and Microsoft additionally do data mining on emails and browsing history.
Microsoft additionally collect your typing input, encryption key, Facebook, LinkedIn and similar third-party data and removes installed software, forces updates.
>>
>>52666716
>implying I haven't turned all that shit off.
>>
Apple, just to see the reaction of Silicon Valley fags
>>
>>52667161
You are literally retarded, how is a shop going to operate when there is no history of bought items?
>>
>>52667423
As for what OP is asking, Google.

Google and Facebook are pretty much the cancers that have ruined the Internet.
>>
>>52664019
google
>>
Google's influence is so strong that removing them will literally set the world back for quite some time. At least until normies discover Bing (which will went fubar for a while with the sheer amount of new users)

Apple is, well, removing them doesn't really make a big difference. The sheer anal devastation will be worth watching, too.

Microsoft was undeniably evil, but now they're just trying to follow in Google's botnet ways.

Microsoft it is.
>>
>>52664134
>Apple iphone confirmed for pleb-phone.
>>
>>52664113
>Artificial intelligence creation
>good

Rushing ahead to create artificial intelligence and consciousness, without first making the proper research and preparation can never be a good thing.

I don't know if computer consciousness can physically exist, but if it can, we shouldn't be so eager to create it and possibly endanger the human kind.
>>
>>52667630
It won't be actual consciousness, it will be a result of combining all data they've gathered, fed into deep learning algorithms, to be able to predict human action and that of individuals. Predicting what users are going to do next is very valuable.
>>
While Google's botnet is pretty much cancer, I wouldn't kill them because their products are always pushing the technology forward, and a world without google search, chrome/chromium, or android would be a worse place to live in.

Since I don't use either Apple's products or M$ products I would not be affected by their dissapearance. If I had to choose, I would destroy Microshit cause they desperately push their shitty botnet at everyone's faces and none of their products are superior in their fields except for maybe office (shit OS, shit phoneOS, shit search engine, shit console, shit botnet)
>>
>>52664019
googell
>>
>>52664019

Google
>>
Microsoft for sure, without a question. Their OS is an expensive piece of shit and they have held back innovation for years by purposefully avoiding proper standards. Even excluding ethical problems, I can't think of a single thing they've made better than the competition besides DirectX.
>>
Aplel
>>
>>52664019
Google has their yesticles in everything, especially apple and microsoft.
They are beginning to stifle the market by reaching beyond their original market.
I like and use quite alot of their stuff in my day to day life.

I use microsoft windows just like most of the rest of the world. I liked apple when steve was still alive, but now that he is dead they have asshats at the helm and that is becoming painfully apparent.
All three of them are into the whole "collect everyones private info and sell it to people who want to track and watch everything you do."
I cant wait until it even tracks the people we have sex with, and samples each parties vodily fluids for.... reasons.
Hell its gonna be funny when they put hardware and software into our toilets so they can track and find out what we eat.

All three are reprisentantive of "big brother" and i dont like it.
I want the software that looks over my shoulder and tells on me, out of my stuff.
>>
>>52664019
Definetly Apple
>>
>>52664019
None. They each have their problems but they also all make valuable products and are net contributors to the world.
>>
Apple.
Killing Chrome is pointless without killing Google.
Microshit i still need for vidya gaymes for my autism.
Apple is just worthless. If i wanted to appear rich, i'd just buy a fucking Alienware which would at least be able to play video games unlike Appleshit.
>>
>>52664019
Google
>>
>>52666702
>Form a privacy perspective Microsoft has gotten worse than Google.
Holy shit people actually believe this. That's why Jewgle is legitimately dangerous. You all think they ''did nothing wrong''.
>>
>>52667598
Removing MS will also set the world back for a long time. What is going to replace the hole left behind by Windows? Linux? lel
>>
tough choice between MS and Google but i think removing MS could finally drive tech as a whole forward, we could finally use better file systems, forget the registry, go back to unix like as a whole, use other processor architectures and embrace choice. google is probably worse on a privacy standpoint though.
>>
>>52668543
Google does a lot wrong, Microsoft just does more wrong.

Microsoft always has been more evil than Google, though. 90's Microsoft was the worst, Bill Gates was greedy and hated software hobbyism, Windows 10 just stresses that Microsoft will never be a good company. At least Google gives back to the advancement of technology, besides fucking it up.
>>
>>52668803
MS is stupid enough to kill themselves in the long run. Google is downright dangerous.
>>
>>52664019
Microsoft, easily.
Literally the only reason this fucking company is relevant is they managed to secure a monopoly with Windows.

And I say this while using Windows.
>>
Oracle, because fuck your rules.
>>
>>52668606
>go back to Unix.

I do not know about you, but I sort of want to move past *Nix to something better.

UNIX>WINDOWS does not mean UNIX>everything.

Anyway, my choice like yours would be between Google and M$. I feel like I would kill Google but if I were actually given the choice it would take more thought.
>>
Killing google would result in facebook filling the void quickly. I'm not exactly fond of google, but having a company like facebook getting ahead on all that shit scares me even more. I hate apple with a passion, but they aren't doing that well and killing them wouldn't do much but hipsters buying something else with their shekels. MS it is.
>>
>>52664162
Underrated link
>>
>>52669004
the thing is that there is no better OS design yet. for tech illiterates things like iOS are perfect because they can't fuck it up. but for actual users?
>>
>>52664019
Bye, Applel
>>
>>52668803
>At least Google gives back to the advancement of technology
Are you a shill or just stupid? Google is worst than Microsoft ever thought it could be
>>
>>52669979
How?
>>
I don't think that i even need to voluntarily kill Apple. It's doing a fine job doing that by itself.

Since Steve Jobs died, Apple has lost the only man who had innate talent at understanding cultural values of the varying collectives that make up the whole tech field. Talent at understanding how to tackle certain circles with products.

He would have understood, for example, that the watch industry culture in relation to luxury and elegance values (values sought after by Apple) has a completely different definition from what Apple is capable of offering. That is to say, the sum of mechanical operation and old-school design (early 20th, 19th century) defines "luxury, style, and elegance." Apple would need to invent something truly revolutionary like a holographic projector operating from a watch in order to have any breakthrough. The Applewatch is just a fucking laughingstock that can only appeal to the middle class faggots who want to look "luxurious" but will only end up looking stupid in the eyes of people who truly value watches.

This however isn't what i'm getting at in regards to Apple killing itself. It can survive the watch industry blunder like a little prick to the finger.
The real suicide comes from Apple tackling the car industry. Not even Microsoft would be stupid enough to attempt that. The car industry has even more stringent value sets that Apple doesn't understand, the monopoly is beyond what Apple is capable of contending with, the ruthlessness is beyond what Apple could ever meet even in the TV industry when it bailed when it found out how fucked up the TV industry is and the Cable company ruthlessness. More importantly, Apple fucking up in this sector can easily see most of its wealth evaporate.

I can't wait to see Apple fuck up in the car sector and the century old car manufacturer alliance picking at the carcass. The only reason Tesla somehow manages is because it operates under the rules of scientific management, completely different.
>>
>>52664019
Microsoft. Jewgle is at least developing AI.

Also, Apple would exist without Microsoft but Microsoft would never succeed without Apple.
>>
MS, no bigger cancer in the industry.
>>
>>52664019
Apple
>>
>>52670175
>Also, Apple would exist without Microsoft but Microsoft would never succeed without Apple.
It ain't Microsoft that has a pitiful minority in the business space and the whole PC space.
>>
I only see one company logo, and that's a deprecated version. You suck.

Also Microsoft.
>>
DIe Apple DIe!!!
>>
File: THE STATE OF -g-.jpg (252KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
THE STATE OF -g-.jpg
252KB, 1920x1080px
>>52664019
Microsoft. Hopefully pushing the button will make the whole subcontinent of India sink into the ocean. Will deal with both rapists and outsourced viral marketers in one fell swoop.
>>
>Windows
>Chrome
These two are products, not companies. Google and Microsoft are the companies.

Anyway, I'd eradicate Apple if I could.

>inb4 tripfag.
>>
>>52670962
>tripfag
>>
>>52670962
tripfag
>>52670650
kek
>>
at least apple has mbp, and google has the best search engine

microsoft has zero decent products or services, kill them
>>
Microsoft. NT kernel and .NET need to die.
>>
Google. They may have lots of free products but they're all trash
>>
>>52664019
was microsoft now alphabet
>>
>>52666795
You literally pointed out that some of those are knockoff's of other people's products.
>GUI (Sorry Xerox, it's not a product if you don't let anyone use it.)
No but it is still a ripoff.
>iTunes Music Store (First non-horrible online music store)
But there were other music stores before it, so it's a knock off.
>iPads (Tablets existed before this, but-
stop right there, it's a ripoff. They improved on it, but it's an obvious knockoff
Get rekt, shill.
>>
I'd remove apple.

Microsoft is bordering on anemic now, since their main moneymaker, xbox, is not doing so hot this generation. Additionally, windows is dying along with traditional consumer PCs.

Google is alarming, but it's a matter of time before they end up at the wrong end of an antitrust proceeding, going the way of ma bell.
>>
>>52664019
>Google
I would lose my job, so no.
>Apple
I would lose a lot of stocks, so no.

That just leaves MS.
>>
>>52671396
>stocks
>Apple
>2016
KEK
>>
Apple, no need to explain why
>>
1 of those companies makes 100% of their profits from people's personal information.
The other just makes overpriced hardware with nice looking software.
>>
>killing Apple

That is boring as fuck m8s

Literally nothing would change in the PC market and the smartphone market would be dominated by android completely like windows dominates PC.

Now imagine if you kill MS. What would happen to the PC market? I imagine people who can afford id would go for macs but what about the rest? Chromebook inst good enough and linux its to hard for the majority of users, someone would have to step in quickly.

Similar on the smartphone market if you kill google. Some people would go for apple but those who cant are fucked. Windows phone resurgence maybe
>>
I'd nuke microsoft.
Google is easily better than the other two- even if not perfect.
And normies know that apple's shit already
>>
whoever is answering apple is underage

google is the most dangerous, microsft is trying to copy google but failing hard
>>
>>52672436
you seem very out of touch i bet you weren't very cool in school
>>
GOOGLE

THE INTERNET WAS A BETTER PLACE BEFORE GOOGLE

NOT AS USEFUL BUT NICER
>>
>>52672454
I think you misunderstand.

Yes, in terms of possible damage google is the worst, followed by win followed by apple.
but in terms of intention to do damage, windows beats apple beats google.
Sure, maybe I have a google cock up my ass, but the way I see it is that google's got a reliance on public image- all advertising based. Google does good stuff because it looks good, and people will advertise with them.
MS or Apple have no such checks, and MS could easily go build a botnet, and everyone would go join it anyway because they don't know how to function without the teat of windows
>>
>>52664019
>eradicate only one of these three companies from existence
Google of course
>>
If google chrome were erradicated there would be no youtube.
Also, apple.
>>
>>52672436
normie here
I bought an iphone three days ago
>>
>>52664019
google. not even a question.
>>
>>52674356
How are you liking it?
>>
>>52671336
>You literally pointed out that some of those are knockoff's of other people's products.

People built airplanes before the Wright brothers did. But the Wright brothers were first because their plane took off. MacOS, iTunes, and iPad took off. Their predecessors crashed and burned. (That's why I didn't include the Newton, OpenDoc, Firewire, and others that I like.)

In any case, you asked for 1, I gave you 15, and you ignored 12. Meanwhile:

>>52666004
>Name three Microsoft products or technologies that weren't obvious knockoffs of someone else's products.

For Microsoft, we have two products suggested, and even your question is a failed knock-off of mine.
>>
Apple.
Windows and Android Master Race
>>
>>52670163
>The real suicide comes from Apple tackling the car industry. Not even Microsoft would be stupid enough to attempt that.

Apple can't survive making a cell phone. The market is mature, there is no room for innovation beyond what blackberry has done.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/12/23/iphone_will_fail/?page=1
>>
>>52664019
VxWorks because fuck you
>>
>>52674545
>In any case, you asked for 1, I gave you 15, and you ignored 12.
I didn't ask for anything, I just point out faggotry where I see it.

>MacOS, iTunes, and iPad took off.
And all of the above suck big sweaty balls. Why does itunes even exist anymore? It used to be a decent way to play and organize music but now it fails at even that, and what business does a music player have backing up phones and tablets? They need to scrap the whole thing. OS X is becoming as big of a botnet as Wangblows and you can't even download files on an iPad.
>>
>stop buying products I don't like

You guys are pathetic.
>>
>>52664019
Google.

Even if their research was worth giving a shit about, why would you want that kind of technology in the hands of one of the closest things there is to an evil tech megacorp?
>>
Probably Microsoft. That means more software for Linux.

Apple is doomed either way.
>>
Definitely Microsoft. Having an industry of only OS X and Linux would make the desktop computer a much more enjoyable experience.

I'd get rid of Google but I do carry an Android phone...for some goddamn reason.
>>
>>52674811
>And all of the above suck big sweaty balls.

And why would Apple give a damn what you think? Are you going to produce something better? I wish someone produced something better than OS X and itunes, but would you buy it if it existed?
>>
File: 152779.jpg (1MB, 2558x1550px) Image search: [Google]
152779.jpg
1MB, 2558x1550px
>>52675070
>Having an industry of only OS X and Linux would make the desktop computer a much more enjoyable experience.

I agree. In such a world, something better then both might emerge.
>>
>>52666716
you can literally turn all that shit off in System Preferences
>>
Google will fuck humanity in the ass
>>
>>52664019
Bye bye Microsoft.
>>
Google, easily
They make NO good products or services, excluding search
The only good things they do are things they bought and then ruined like YouTube
They're greedy as fuck, making you pay to minimize fucking videos, a basic OS feature that's been around for decades
And they're the biggest botnet around
>>
Apple.
>>
I wouldn't kill google because chrome, android, and youtube.

I wouldn't kill MS because windows has the best selection of games and software.

I'd probably kill apple.
>>
>>52667423
>he thinks he can just turn the NSA off
lmao
>>
>>52675515
>making you pay to minimize fucking videos
To be fair their pay service also removes ads and gives you access to Play Music
>>
>>52675913
I don't give a shit
It's a basic fucking feature they've intentionally blocked out for money
>>
File: Resident_Evil_4_Merchant.jpg (34KB, 620x300px) Image search: [Google]
Resident_Evil_4_Merchant.jpg
34KB, 620x300px
>>52664019
Google, by far
Their 'free' business model is destroying the industry of tech
>>
>>52664019
Apple.
>>
>>52664019
>just one
Fug. Since they kind of counterweigh each other, it's either none or all of them.
>>
>>52664019
>MS
Evil but necessary cancer
>Google
Evil but necessary cancer
>Apple
Evil cancer that does nothing but leech off the effort of the rest of the industry.

Apple.
>>
>>52664019
Google. Literally worse than Microsoft. Don't care about Apple at all.
>>
>>52669000

This
>>
>>52664019
Google.

Much too botnet. Really terrible products. Anything after they morphed linux on phones AKA android into iOS-looking creatures, it was just downhill. Google is a huge data collector in any event. Used to like them when they were actually a search engine.
>>
>>52675515
>They make NO good products or services, excluding search
Google translate
Google maps
Gmail
Made Android possible
>>
>>52664032
Mother fucker I came to point this out.

I'd kill off MS
>>
>>52664019
Definitely Microsoft without a doubt. They're easily the most cancerous of the three.
>>
>>52676182
>>MS
>Evil but necessary cancer
whoa what the fuck?
>>
>>52664019
Apple.
>>
>>52676322
Translate isn't much better than other translators
Maps is pretty good, I'll give you that
Gmail is shit because every address possible is taken and they refuse to add more domains
Android is shit
>>
Google.
>>
File: snapshot20090324034439.png (191KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
snapshot20090324034439.png
191KB, 704x396px
>>52676364
he's sucking rms's cock
>>
>>52664019
Apple because it would kill off their brain dead user base as well.
>>
none.

the level of competition decreases if you eliminate any.

i would hit the increase O/S button
>>
>>52664019
Microsoft.

Windows 8 was awful, Windows 10 is awful, the Xbox One is awful, they've always been assholes anyway and in their absence we could see Android take over the desktop market.

Apple is fine. I don't use their products but I don't care about them.

Is Google really that evil? They seem pretty miraculous to me. I don't use Chrome with an account signed-in, though.
>>
Microsoft have Win XP / 7
Google fund insane projects
Apple make mechanical jewellery for ignorant consumers
>>
>>52676912
>Android
>Desktop
Nigga what?
>>
>>52669979
Go
Dart
AOSP
ninja
summer of code
and most importantly, project zero

Google does a lot to help out OSS. It doesn't excuse their business model of essentially turning consumers into a product, but its better than Microsoft.

In the end, it doesn't matter, because none of them should be the way they are. Google has even dropped their "Don't be evil" slogan.
>>
>>52676956
It's a pipe dream. Android x86 exists, and I'm hoping Google abandons Chrome OS since it's terrible. For now I'm just using Mint.
>>
File: you-must-be-gnu-here.jpg (29KB, 425x301px) Image search: [Google]
you-must-be-gnu-here.jpg
29KB, 425x301px
>>52666217
>pic related.
It's the same bullshit every fucking year. And do you know why?
Because every fucking body is waiting for the release of the next iPhone/iPod.
>>
File: laughing.1jpg.png (216KB, 393x391px) Image search: [Google]
laughing.1jpg.png
216KB, 393x391px
>>52666596
>- GUI (Sorry Xerox, it's not a product if you don't let anyone use it.)
>>
>>52666795
You're wasting your time man, how do you expect them to understand usability when they claim Linux is the panacea for everything
>>
>>52666596
>You could buy a $500 sound card, only to have every program you use ignore it's abilities and give it nothing but 8 bits samples because that is what everyone else had.
Wait is this true?
>>
File: images (18).jpg (6KB, 337x150px) Image search: [Google]
images (18).jpg
6KB, 337x150px
>>52666596
>All this actual innovation from early apple
If only they were still there...
>>
>>52666010
>create a totalitarian dictatorship by means of total information control.
This describes all mass media outlets
>>
>>52664083
>Apples quickly turning into what Microsoft use to be
What do you mean by that?
>>
>>52678845
i have literally never needed to write a shell script once m8
>>
Why all the willful hate and misinformation about Apple still? The free market makes a decision you don't like and suddenly you are all communists!
>>
>>52667531
kill yourself
>>
File: g.png (28KB, 158x158px) Image search: [Google]
g.png
28KB, 158x158px
>>52664019
Press button to "install gentoo"
>>
>>52666702

First of all, Google is way worse than MS concerning privacy.
Secondly, you conveniently forgot to mention that security is quite an important part nowadays.
Apple seriously lacks in this category, often not fixing really terrible security holes for a very long time.
>>
Microsoft, windows has been shitty and dominant for far too long
>>
>>52674651
Too bad there is nothing "new" that Apple can do with the car industry that isn't already being tackled by Google and Tesla. Tesla being a science oriented company, meaning it's a company funded and subsidized in order to satisfy engineering and scientific advancement rather than returning quotas.
Phones didn't have such a thing.
Phones also never had a deeply ingrained value system that has been developed and stamped for a fucking century, unlike the watch and car industry.

Your whole point with that sarcasm is at the bottom of the toilet.
>>
>>52664260
>forbes.com/sites/some_blog
Nice sauce anon
>>
>>52685023
>First of all, Google is way worse than MS concerning privacy.
Haven't noticed that Windows 10 collects more data than Google does? That Windows is an OS makes this even worse. Do you have ANYTHING to back up your claim?
Google doesn't constantly collect your typing data, Google doesn't collect Facebook and LinkedIn data on their OS. Windows 10 is the real privacy nightmare here, makes Google look privacy friendly.
>Secondly, you conveniently forgot to mention that security is quite an important part nowadays.
That's mostly a Microsoft marketing fad aimed at businesses. On any modern OS there's minimal chance to get malware without user intervention.
>>
>>52664113
>>52664172
>I watched Mr.Robot: the post
>>
>>52664019
Apple
>>
Apple. Google does a lot of good innovation and MS is just kindof there and neutral these days
>>
>>52686760
>MS is just kindof there and neutral these days

Telemetry
Forces PC manufacturers to enable "Secure Boot" with the Microsoft key only

>neutral
>>
>>52664019

I wish for the Genie to be free.

NEVER EVER play their game.
>>
>>52685226

I show you the mistake and you repeat it anyway. Hate makes you dumb and blind.
>>
>>52687144
Nigger Apple can survive with the phone perfectly fine so long as it starts increasing functionality while retaining its design philosophy, instead of reducing shit as time goes on.
The same goes for the rest of the products. Do what you do best. Stick to Steve Jobs's diary.

Blackberry went to shit because they tried to go on a different path from their original philosophy that appealed to business people, and wasted lots of money in the process. They still have a chance to come back though, since Blackberry was also in the same position as Apple with shitloads of money.
>>
>>52686199
>that opinion isn't mine so i'll belittle it: the post
>>
Google because they're growing and it scares me. You can't even post to 4chan without either being paywalled off from the feature or letting google know you're doing it via captcha. (the main reason I don't post here very often anymore)

They have their hands in everything, souring it for profit, manipulating the user in whatever way they can. They buy so many startup so that if there is a good idea, they make sure it comes to fruition under their terms. It's really disgusting.

Microsoft's days of dirty tricks are more or less over, and while I'd like to see a world with just Free Software, it seems clear to me that the current greatest threat to freedom (of those three) is Google.
>>
File: moth.jpg (81KB, 546x698px) Image search: [Google]
moth.jpg
81KB, 546x698px
>>52664019
>kill one head another will grow in its place

Google still has the best crawlers and M$ muh gaymes. Apple just because I don't like them, I use none of their products or technologies, and beyond consumer gadgets they don't really have a direct or indirect influence on me, so I wouldn't miss them.
>>
>>52666596
This will be a good copy pasta.
>>
>>52669000
So much this.

From the choices OP gave, Apple.
Thread posts: 233
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.