[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 7

File: audio1.jpg (58KB, 850x478px) Image search: [Google]
audio1.jpg
58KB, 850x478px
Hey, so what are everyone's thoughts on the HP Spectre x360?

Seems pretty solid all round and genuinely beautiful.
>>
>>52654049
>hp
>trash
>>
>>52654201
Usually I would agree with you but this one appears to be different and is getting great reviews.
>>
>>52654049
>hp
>dell
>nsa's handmaidens
>>
>>52654049
I have one from work. It's pretty nice, can't really complain about it.

I want to get a yoga 900 tho as my next laptop since they look pretty nice
>>
>>52654220
And it is different. Check trusted reviews, don't ask neckbeards who'll try to shill you into buying le chinkpad and install gentoo on it.
>>
The only HP laptops worth considering are the elitebooks, everything else is utter trash.
>>
>>52655723
>10lb bricked

No thanks
>>
The real question is do these compete with XPS
>>
>>52655723
Oh shit! People will surelly lug that beast from the 90's just because you said so.
>>
>>52655789
Here's a smackdown from Lisa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oCwB-T7Lr0
>>
>>52655879
I was literally just watching her mbp vs XPS 15 video
>>
>>52655898
I really like her reviews, they are thorough and she is as unbiased as fuck.
>>
>>52655723
Never dealt with their elitebooks, but after dealing with their regular consumer product, never again.

HP will be the last product I will use, I would rather spend more money and get something other than HP.

>out of warranty ? Pay up if you want to email support with a question

There is an issue with windows and these convertible laptops,
occasionally when the laptop goes into hibernate (when you close the lid) and then wakes up the touch screen no longer works.
IIRC sleep also exhibits this bug, seems to be a windows thing rather than hardware since the issue has cropped up on Lenovo and Asus convertibles.
I'm gonna read what the latest windows update fixes to see if maybe it was resolved.
>>
>>52654220
nice ad
>>
>>52655971
>Nobody's allowed to like anything
How's like rocking a tinfoil fedora? Must be edgy af!
>>
>>52655954
So your problem is their tech support? I have an elite book for 5 years now and never had issues aside from my cpu fan dying which was an easy cheap fix if your comfortable with hardware.
>>
>>52654049
Bang & Olufsen design?
I had not even noticed it before now. The Bang & Olufsen is apparently limited edition. They make high end electronics with great design so I expect that all the buttons and hinges and stuff to be top notch.

If I had money for it
>>
>>52655789
Xps is plastic
Xps has me shy keyboard
Xps has display issues with its qhd screen

MBA is better
>>
>>52656048
Even on the 15 inch model issues?

The other choice isn't a MacBook air but a pro.
>>
>Laptops.
>>
>>52654049
I don't think I can put my trust in Bang & Olufsen.
>>
>>52656048
>MBA
lel fucking ancient internals as well as the MBP, which has 2012 mid range shit in it.
>>
>>52654049
>the keys aren't curved to make them comfortable for typing
>no clitmouse
>headphone jack is in a stupid place that will shorten the cord
Wew lad, saged.
>>
>>52656086
>>52656120
Yes even the 15.

And yes I mentioned MBP not MBA.
>>
>>52656098
This, Family.
>>
>>52656048
What the fuck are you talking about you imbecile?
>>
>>52655995
i guess this is the best trolling hp could come up with

i feel bad for you
>>
I have it, its a great laptop it feels very very premium and its fast. Don't listen to these autistic fucks
>>
>>52656021
My problem is with their support/site.

My issue came about when I decided to upgrade the gf's laptop with an SSD.

I download their shitty drivers and things refused to work, like I could never get BT working properly.
I had an unknown device that wouldn't go away after installing their drivers, I ended up using pcivendor list and downloading from lenovo's support site to get it to work.

What really irked me is how they basically tell you to fuck off and ask the community (aka their forums) for help if your device is out of warranty, yet you will see all these ads on their site saying how for $15 they can tech support any device not just HP.

>http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/consumerservices/smartfriend.html
>>
>>52654049
>HP
I suspect it will have Heat Problems down the road. I have had and used HP laptops before, even ones that got great reviews when they were released. Every one of them older than a year to 18 months idled hot as hell.
>>
>>52656221
>hurr durr they won't help you if you don't have an active support contract

this happens even more so in real life it senpai
>>
>>52656268
can throw in my 2 cents on this too,
gf's hp overheats
>>
>>52656297
>>52656268
Every ultrabook overheats or throttles horribly when you actually use them for more than facebook
>>
>>52656314
you mean to the point of crashing ? yeah nah.
also she doesn't have an ultrabook, just another HP garbage product.
>>
>>52656398
If your system is crashing from overheating then you should fucking clean the or check the fan to be working.

You'd have to be retarded to think that is normal behavior.
>>
>>52656314
Cheapass ones sure, when you push them. But less shitty ones at least idle cool and don't overheat from running youtube.
>>
>>52656268
Consumer level HPs overheat, but I've owned a couple different Elitebooks and they were fine.
>>
>>52656591
Yes. Elitebooks are a whole different thing. I mean the consumer ones, like OP's.
>>
File: zbook1-640x427.jpg (39KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
zbook1-640x427.jpg
39KB, 640x427px
>>52655723

>implying their mobile workstations are utter trash too
>>
>>52656653
Except the x360 isn't trash
>>
>>52655879

she should do an update video since both of those now have Skylake CPUs.
>>
>>52656653

>Spectre-line
>consumer

You do know that HP markets the Spectre line for business right?
>>
>>52654049
>check their website for prices
>go to customize one
>i5-6200 4gb only
>have to pay $40 for i5-6200 and then $80 on top of that for the actual 8 gb of ram

What a bunch of fucking jews
>>
>>52657042

>bitching about upgrades costing money

kek
>>
>>52657156
You didn't get the point did you?

They make you pay an extra $40 for the same exact cpu just so you can then select the 8 gb option which has a cost of itself.
>>
File: bateman_facepalm.jpg (44KB, 442x493px) Image search: [Google]
bateman_facepalm.jpg
44KB, 442x493px
>>52654049
>HP laptop
>HP anything
>>
File: 1453384093457.png (306KB, 593x540px) Image search: [Google]
1453384093457.png
306KB, 593x540px
>>52654049
>Intel(R) HD Graphics
>>
>>52657252
>Muhammad gaymen

Ultra books by definition can't use dedicated gpus.
>>
>>52657252

> Playing games
>>
>>52656125
I hope you realize that sage isn't a downvote, it just means you're replying to a thread without bumping it to the top of the board. It does nothing to lower a threads ranking more than if you had just not replied.
>>
>>52654049

>Have HP Pavilion given as a gift
>Install gentoo on it
>leftmost keyboard row is a pleb fisherprice tier row 'calculator, internet, email, etc..' kills muscle memory
>keyboard feels like cheap porridge
>using midnight commander, rather than just hitting F1, F2, etc, you have to hit FN+F1, etc.. they disabled it in favor of more shitty functions, so whenever i hit F12, it turns off wifi hardware switch, and then wonder why wifi won't work
>try to use the trackpad, no buttons, they replaced the trackpad with a "clickpad", and clickpad doesn't have a right click, only left click, turns out to right click there's a 2 mm section on the lower right of the trackpad, which is impossible to hit and smaller than a chinese dick
>turns out clickpad doesn't even have a left click either, you hit the trackpad itself for left click, and when you do, since it's a trackpad, it "moves" and you miss precise mouse selections...
>sometimes compiling packages it shuts off by itself, overheats for no reason, the fan blasts while starting up and for mundane tasks
>laptop will cook you like a cheap steak
>rage
>the most infuriating design decisions clearly made by retards ever possible on a laptop. It's as if they said, hey let's replace every single sane aspect on a laptop with our OWN "special" features which are utterly insane.

>hp laptops = trash
>>
>>52657306
>>52658567

>this triggers the neckbeard
>>
>>52656033
It is literally identical hardware to their previous Beats models. Not a thing has changed in terms of audio. Just the name.
>>
Why does HP always pay some speaker company to put their logo on their laptops? Does anyone actually give a shit about how good some 2cm speakers sound?
>>
>>52660531
>Why does HP always pay some speaker company to put their logo on their laptops

Do you understand how the corporate world works? HP ain't paying them shit.
>>
File: HP-15-b142dx.png (126KB, 500x389px) Image search: [Google]
HP-15-b142dx.png
126KB, 500x389px
I own a HP here. Specifically a HP 15 because I got it as a gift. I hadn't had any issues with it so far. I never understood the over heating complaint about most hp laptops as this particular one is always running. The keyboard and built in mouse is awful, I will give you that and the external plastic is all piano black and gets fingerprints which is really annoying too. It is light weight at least but I would rather had gotten a think pad seeing as I don't really need a "modern" laptop like this one. A thinkpad would had done me better tbqh. Then again, I would rather stick to my desktop computer but I am at Uni and don't want to even think about carrying that heavy piece of shit over here.
>>
>>52662336
You know why you got that as a gift? Cause it was probably only $100-$200 on sale. Fuckers are cheap as fuck and frustrating for me because normies bring them to me to repair and are surprised when a screen or hdd+windows install costs more than the damn thing brand new.
>>
>>52654049
>>52654220
$0.50 has been deposited
>>
Fuck off all haters , I have hp probook 4530 from 2010 and still works fine after all shit ita been through , now playing dota 2 and chilling , ya'll got teh fake chinese version .
>>
Macbook air for adults
>>
I'm actually an hp rep, AMA
>>
>>52663734

>Fuck off all haters
>after all shit ita been through
>ya'll got

ok eminem
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.