[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I wanna install looonux but i love my games that never be on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: 1453897147043.jpg (65KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1453897147043.jpg
65KB, 600x600px
I wanna install looonux but i love my games that never be on linux. I heard Wine is good but my pc is trash. Using Wine means at least 10 or 20 fps down for me. What should i do ?
>>
installman jentew
>>
>>52650124
Dualboot you loli loving autist.
>>
>>52650162
>switching between os's just to browse the internet on linux

how retarded
>>
>>52650194
>just to browse the internet
Why bother getting out of windows if that's the only thing you'll do with it?
>>
Wine is no an emulator so the performance drop should be attributed to the drivers.
And don't bother unless you're willing to do a pci-passthrough vm.
>>
File: 1451905765567.jpg (101KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1451905765567.jpg
101KB, 1280x720px
>>52650162
-Hey Jimmy sup ?
-Oh! Hey Limmy nothin' just chillin' with my Fedora.
-Oh ! You wanna play League together ?
-Hell yeah ! Just w8 till i switch to my other OS in 20 min.
-Ummm.. We can play other time i guess.
>>
>>52650209
>20 min
Unbloat your windows installation, linux runs decently fast on old hardware, so focus your attention on windows. Hell, if you actually want to do the switch while keeping your games, I'd do a fresh windows install, only put games on it and do everything else on linux, your computer will definitely boot fast enough for your autistic friend that can't wait a minute for you to log in.
>>
Linux gaming + a PS4
>>
File: -ZgrxlZ1.jpg (55KB, 469x468px) Image search: [Google]
-ZgrxlZ1.jpg
55KB, 469x468px
>>52650209
-Hey Jimmy sup ?
-Oh! Hey Limmy nothin' just chillin' with my Fedora.
-Oh ! You wanna play League together ?
-Hell yeah ! Just w8 till i switch to my other OS in five fucking seconds since we're not living in 1999 with bloated office-tier computers.
-Ok.
>>
>>52650209
>20 minutes
Takes about 3 at max on the shittiest PC I've owned.
Also
>League
>>
>>52650124
I'm in the same position, i want to leave the botnet behind but i need gaymen to stay sane and connected to my friends.

I'm fixing up my old stationary and then i'll try to get PCI-Passthrough/Hypervisor bullshit to work, supposedly it will let me attach the GPU directly to the virtual machine running windows, giving me the full powah of my noble 770.

If it doesn't werk we'll probably end up waiting for AMD to go full freetard with Steam.
>>
File: loli (3609).jpg (551KB, 800x1119px) Image search: [Google]
loli (3609).jpg
551KB, 800x1119px
>>52650124
virtual machine pcie passthrough
>>
>>52650209
you dont need to switch oses to play some browser game
>>
>>52650124
wine performance varies on what are you running. Some games are running even better than on Windows, some work like a trash, some won't even run. There is no "using wine = 10-20fps slowdown", that's not how it works.
>>
>>52650124
>love your games
>pc is trash

no you don't
also, fuck off back to >>>/v/
>>
http://playkey.net/
Cloud service to play games on old computers and laptops
>>
>>52650202
Pretty much this.
Just stick with windows on your gaymen build and use Linux on your working/leisure build
>>
I have a gaymen desktop + linux laptop.
>>
>>52654247
Same. Only way to go tbqh family.
>>
>>52650124
>What should i do ?
>>>/v/
>>
>>52652181
kek
>>
Just got an ssd today and have Windows and Arch (I'm too stupid for anything else but love pacman) set up perfectly. Switching between them is lightning fast. Even the annoying Windows updates are bearable.
>>
>>52654467
>Even the annoying Windows updates are bearable.
Enjoy your telemetries. :^)

Regards, NSA.
>>
>>52650124
Dual boot of course. Wine is shit, who ever told you is good is trolling you. I love linux and have used it for many many years. I have tested countless applications and spent hours and days configuring and installing and tweaking on Wine even with extra stuff like 'playonlinux' and I have only ever gotten something to run (a game) ONCE. it's shit and only exist to make windows users feel disapointed. Just dual boot.

Linux is much better for everything else and linux HAS quite a lot of games now. there are over 3000 games on steam like saints row IV, bioshock infinite, arma 3, that new counter strike and so on and so forth
>>
>>52650209
>20 minutes
Nigga i'd be booted into the windows installation in half a minute. You need to get your shit together.
>>
>>52654624
I would be if some amazing anon mentioned gwx control panel. Feels good not getting pestered with "Install 10 now" or having useless features downloaded. It was going to be XP or 7 and I'm still not sure if i made the right choice.
>>
File: qtdonutvampire.gif (706KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
qtdonutvampire.gif
706KB, 500x281px
>tfw no qt loli vampire distro
>>
Wine is really bad, really really bad, for anything directx 9 or above

you might get away with playing a WoTLK private server or like supermeatboy, but it wont ever be the same because it pipes through a shitty OpenGL "port" for emulation

stick with windows, wine should more be used for simple programs
>>
>>52656167
Can't help you exactly but you can always install http://ubuntusatanic.org/ and rice it.
>>
File: 1425745898557.jpg (275KB, 1140x851px) Image search: [Google]
1425745898557.jpg
275KB, 1140x851px
>>52650906
>Ok.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.