[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FSF Survey

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: Capture.png (11KB, 502x203px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
11KB, 502x203px
I know that not everyone on this board is a freetard, but the FSF is holding a survey to decide on its future strategies and how it should use its money. It's probably a good time to tell them how you feel about their politics and what they do with donation money.

I know some of you care about them and so I'm kinda interested by what you guys would ask from them.

https://www.fsf.org/survey?pk_campaign=survey-launch&pk_kwd=survey
>>
>>52647488
I personally centered my answers around GPL enforcement, investment on Free hardware and software development and suggested they tried to stay out of petty identity politics and stop wasting funds on outreach program a la Gnome Foundation.
>>
>>52647488
>Movement-building: Increasing diversity and empowered representation of currently underrepresented groups in free software
>>
>>52647545
>>Movement-building: Increasing diversity and empowered representation of currently underrepresented groups in free software
and you can tell them to turn that shit down

I mean if that bothers you that's the only chance you'll have to tell them for a while.
>>
>>52647565
I know, it just made me kek when I saw it. The whole social justice thing isn't just a meme on the internet anymore.
>>
>>52647579
>The whole social justice thing isn't just a meme on the internet anymore.
I'm of the opinion that it never was just a meme to begin with, but yeah. This is real.
>>
>>52647488
Submitted.
We should ask the mods to sticky this thread.
>>
>>52647669
I don't think any of the mods would care enough to do it and I'm not even sure how we're supposed to get them to notice this thread.
>>
>>52647488
Fuck the FSF and the GPL
>>
Too bad nobody's interested.
>>
>>52648323
I already answered the survey the last time it was posted to /g/. I don't need to redo the survey every time it gets posted.
>>
>>52647507
protip: the Gnome foundation sponsored only two women in their outreach program. they can easily afford those numbers.
>>
>>52649146
https://wiki.gnome.org/FoundationBoard/CurrentBudgetFAQ
>>
>>52649220
>Due to a very fast and generous response from the Free software community, the foundation now has over three months of operating costs, which is more than enough time for the pending invoices to be paid.
I don't think you understand what this means. The problem referenced here was not a big problem as it was easily fixed by restructuring a few policies protip: the problem has something to do with cashflow and unpaid invoices
>>
>>52649255
That's not what I'm getting at thought. They're explicitly using the donations for these bullshit programs.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-27-12-54-41.png (265KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-27-12-54-41.png
265KB, 1080x1920px
Well...
>>
>>52649300
>Firecuck
:^)
>>
>>52649280
You still don't understand the meaning of what I quoted. The meaning of these words do not say that Gnome foundation used the donation money to fund their outreach for women programs. The meaning of these words say that the donations allow the Gnome foundation to operate for a minimum of three months. The consequence of this three month operating cash means the foundation has ample time to collect the unpaid invoices that are due to them - three months worth of time to be precise.
>>
>>52649341
You still don't understand that I don't give a shit about that. I don't want them spending donation money on anything that doesn't make the software better and their bullshit causes are putting that in jeopardy. That is a waste of funds.
It doesn't matter if it's womyn or disabled trannies from outer space, it puts them in in a tight spot, financially and strategically, and doesn't help what they're supposed to spend the money on at all.
>>
>>52649374
You know the outreach program for women. Do you actually believe that the women are writing random software for money? The two women that Gnome had sponsored had them writing Gnome software. Their contributions have gone into the Gnome codebase.
>>
>>52649402
Why is there an outreach program for women? Why is there not just an outreach program for people wanting to contribute? In fact, why is there an outreach program at all? The money could better be spent to improve the business and than normal workers could be attracted instead of getting the best of the worst through an outreach program.
>>
>>52649402
I don't think you understand the difference between the OpW and the paid internships.

This might clear things up a bit: https://wiki.gnome.org/action/show/Outreachy?action=show&redirect=OutreachProgramForWomen

But already if you look at the offered internships at Gnome that's way more than just two.

Gnome always had paid interns programs, the OpW however selects people who will get a preferential treatment in getting said internship, not based on their merit but based on the trendy identity politics of the hour.

Additionally, as stated here https://gnome.org/opw/ , OpW is/wasn't about making Gnome better. It's about "helping women (cis and trans), trans men, and genderqueer people get involved in free and open source software.".

ie: that's diversity hire and thus a waste of money.
>>
Bump.
Also, sent ;)
>>
>>52647669
We have mods?
>>
>Freedom on the network: free JavaScript, net neutrality, promoting decentralized network services and opposing Service as a Software Substitute (SaaSS)
>free JavaScript
>mfw they're using javascript on that very page
>>
File: comeatmebro3 - rms.jpg (154KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
comeatmebro3 - rms.jpg
154KB, 600x400px
>>52647755
Butthurt capitalistic pig developer detected.
>>
>>52652101
/**
* @licstart The following is the entire license notice for the JavaScript
* code in this page.
* Copyright (C) 2016 Free Software Foundation.
* The JavaScript code in this page is free software: you can redistribute
* it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License
* (GNU GPL) as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3
* of the License, or (at your option) any later version. The code is
* distributed WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
* MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU GPL
* for more details.
* As additional permission under GNU GPL version 3 section 7, you may
* distribute non-source (e.g., minimized or compacted) forms of that code
* without the copy of the GNU GPL normally required by section 4, provided
* you include this license notice and a URL through which recipients can
* access the Corresponding Source.
* @licend The above is the entire license notice for the JavaScript code
* in this page.
*/
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.