[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /g/ I was told this is more of a question for you guys I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: 1398063983463.jpg (55KB, 550x422px) Image search: [Google]
1398063983463.jpg
55KB, 550x422px
Hey /g/ I was told this is more of a question for you guys

I know a dude who said he will sell his old setup to me for $500, everything looks pretty damn good, at he takes care of his tech I can't find a scratch, blemish or even dust on any of it

Two HS80M monitors
HS8S 8" Subwoofer
Dr Pro Studio Monitor Stands
Auralex Pads

Would that be worth 500 bucks? or should I ask him to go to 4

I don't make music, just love listening to it, would the setup be wasted on me? Or is it even a good deal?

Thanks
>>
hijacking this thread.

i currently own a pro-ject dac for 100€ and a denon amp.

is the Aune T1 MK2 a viable upgrade since i'm about to rma the pro-ject dac due to noise shielding problems?
>>
>>52644948
odac

>>52644916
do it
>>
>>52644916
$500 bucks for all of those is definitely pretty cheap. If you want to negotiate an even lower price, you can, but $500 is a steal.
>>
>>52644988
>>52644993

You guys think so? Someone in the thread on /g/ said the sub was a useless fart cannon and that I might as well chuck it if I bought everything.
>>
>>52644916
just buy it at $500 and proceed to think everything sounds perfect

just like the rest of us.
one of us.
one of us
>>
>>52645053
>Someone in the thread on /g/
> Someone in the thread on /g/
>someone

one persons opinion should not influence you. Look up reviews and listen to it for yourself
>>
>>52645053
>/g/ said the sub was a useless fart cannon
Nah he probably just doesn't know how to properly place things.
>>
>>52644916

Prices according to BHphotovideo.com

HS80M Monitor 1 - $349.99
HS80M Monitor 2 - $349.99
HS8S 8" Subwoofer - $449.99
Dr Pro Studio Monitor Stands - $104.99
Auralex Pads - $49.99

Not too bad even used. I mean you could probably get all that stuff a bit cheaper if you snag it all individually, but still.
>>
>>52644916
go on ebay.
see what they go on sale at individually.
start your calculator app.
total it up.
>>
>>52645064
>>52645070

Fuck, sorry, I meant /mu/
>>
>>52645053
I remember some people having issues with the port noise on that one, but I don't think it's going to be that bad.
listen for yourself
>>
>>52645084

You would hit 500 after the second monitor with shipping
>>
>>52644916
micca + lepai
>>
>>52645126

I think OP is just trying to get something to plug directly into his computer

Just get a Klipsch promedia 2.1 for like 100 bucks, unless you have an ear for music you wont be able to tell much of a difference between all that and louder stuff.
>>
>>52645089

>/mu/

Well, there you go.
>>
>>52645158

This, actually.

Unless you make music or really know what you are doing with your setup and placement then this would be a waste as some desktop speakers
>>
>>52645158
>>52645323
Nonsense. Quality studio monitors are great for listening. Don't buy computer speaker garbage.
>>
>>52645351

For someone that has just a normal ear for music the only gain he will get is a louder and deeper sound
>>
>>52645366
seems like you have no idea what you're talking about
>>
>>52645378

Uh

no u

But seriously, please tell me how I am incorrect.
>>
>>52645366
You don't need any special "magic ears" to hear a difference. It's extremely obvious. Any music will sound far better behind a pair of studio monitors vs crappy computer speakers.
>>
>>52645397

You start getting diminishing returns as you spend more and more. Most people would be just find with the aforementioned klipsch pro medias or miccas
>>
>>52645480
You get diminishing returns after cheap studio monitors.

OP has the chance to get a great quality pair of monitors as well as a subwoofer for only $500 (the MSRP on the HS8 is much much higher). That's a fucking steal, and you're telling him to settle for some shitty klipsch set up (the Miccas are decent at least).
>>
the sub is indeed a pile of garbage. an 8" driver and 150W retailing for $450 is absurd.

the HS80M is a cut above the standard monitor design peddled for the last couple decades, but it's still subpar compared to whats possible today.

a tiny, very shallow waveguide means the woofer is playing up much higher than it should, and cone breakup is already rearing its head down at 500Hz.

the crossover is acoustically 3KHz judging by this FR graph---again, that poor woofer!---which is just about the worst place it could be. the miniwaveguide keeps off-axis crossover suckouts from being nasty, something most "tweeter on a box" designs straight up fail at.

on-axis FR has a 5dB upward tilt between 200Hz and 10K. its meant to correct for the slightly narrowing polar response, but it will give them a bright, overly detailed sound. the omni dispersion means these are definitely nearfield monitors, the closer listened to the better, but this is in conflict with the upward tilt. a curious set of compromises that assumes you will have significant room absorption to make up for the speaker's deficiencies.

there's just not anything here worth $500, especially used, especially when a new JBL LSR308 is $218 on amazon right now. a pair of 308s blow the yamahas out of the water.

(quick rundown of the 308: controlled dispersion waveguide means no room absorption required, can be used farfield unlike nearly any other monitor. on-axis FR is much more behaved. bass extends deeper and lacks the 100Hz boomy hump of the HS80Ms.)
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.