[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why were the 80's such a glorious time for beautiful tech?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: $_27.jpg (61KB, 598x480px) Image search: [Google]
$_27.jpg
61KB, 598x480px
Why were the 80's such a glorious time for beautiful tech? The 90's went all colourful plastic, and now everything is minimalist.
>>
>>52643419
The 80's invented beige computer towers what are you talking about? The tackiest shit on the planet came out of the 80's.
>>
>>52643419
>Why were the 80's such a glorious time for beautiful tech?

Protip: Japanese tech was usually really cheap to buy compared to domestic market tech.

For some reason the Japanese really had a knack for really.. TECHNICAL looking designs (which I fucking LOVE).

That's why you remember those decades that way.
Japanese tech was EVERYWHERE and with it Japanese design.

Now everything is produced in China and designed by globally thinking faggots in the EU or US and even the Japanese adjusted to that, at least for their stuff for export.

This means every design is averaged to hell while still trying to be up to date as fuck with the goal to appeal to as many potential buyers as possible.
>>
>>52643740
were they always beige or did they start out white and then fade?
>>
File: guts 4 g.png (2MB, 1099x1452px) Image search: [Google]
guts 4 g.png
2MB, 1099x1452px
>>52643740
shut your whore mouth

I managed the cables and put the front plates back on but I'm not home to take a new picture so ignore that gross part

>>52644548
both
>>
>>52643740
>beige
>tacky
The whole point of beige was to NOT be tacky, it blended in nicely with a typical office, it didn't try to be obnoxious or trendy, it just wanted to be technology

The 2000s on the other hand, were very tacky.
>>
File: 1229864532.jpg (25KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1229864532.jpg
25KB, 480x640px
>>52643419
>we will never get chunky buttons that clunk when you press them ever again
>>
File: snap1.jpg (80KB, 1000x1005px) Image search: [Google]
snap1.jpg
80KB, 1000x1005px
>>52646453
>>
>>52646580
I've got nostalgia for these things, my primary school had them, they had some sponsorship from apple for being a "tech school of the future" or some 90s BS, had so much fun playing cromag rally, that bug game and the dinosaur game.. having said that I still wouldn't buy modern hardware that looks like that though.

But I'm always keeping an eye out to find one of these, I'd really love to put a mitx system in one.
>>
File: 5703359838_1cf2e05020_b.jpg (378KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
5703359838_1cf2e05020_b.jpg
378KB, 1024x683px
>>52644548
computers in the 80s were some mix of black, white, and beige. But this was before IBM clones dominated, so they came in all sorts of shapes and sizes.

http://www.sequencer.de/synth/index.php/8Bit
>>
Commodores/Amigas and MSX computers were beautiful.. and compact. What the hell happened that made everything shift to beige pc midtowers in the 90's?
>>
>>52643842
>averaged to hell while still trying to be up to date as fuck with the goal to appeal to as many potential buyers as possible.
Ain't this a case with everything nowadays.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.