[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What a good alternative to Facebook messenger? I need it for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

File: icon175x175.jpg (5KB, 175x175px) Image search: [Google]
icon175x175.jpg
5KB, 175x175px
What a good alternative to Facebook messenger? I need it for my normie friends but I don't want the botnet.
>>
signal
>>
it's the best messaging client there is
>>
>>52640470
>botnet
>no friends

Pick one.
>>
>>52640470
you are already infected anon. one more botnet isn't going to make a difference
>>
>>52640470
None because that would require your normie friends to use a messenger besides Facebook which likely won't happen.

If you want to avoid it though I'd just stick with texting them.
>>
>>52640470
trillian, though it's abandonware and buggy, but it is an all-platforms IM client that can connect to various networks and has its own network as well... I wish I could get rid of it but the closest alternative is pidgin and that doesn't have its own network
>>
>>52640488
this baka desu senpai
It doesnt have a desktop client but is good otherwise.
>>
File: 23489633478.jpg (266KB, 640x481px) Image search: [Google]
23489633478.jpg
266KB, 640x481px
>>52640536
>trillian
>>
Metal for Android is a good alternative for both Facebook and Messenger.
>>
>>52640488
Can I message people with Facebook through it?
>>
>>52640599
I'll try it out.
>>
>>52640607
No, it acts as a text messenger if the other person doesn't use signal, and if the other person does, it's end-to-end encrypted MMS and the like.
>>
>>52640659
Neat. Unfortunately normies won't switch.
>>
>>52640536
meh, pidgin is actually still developed and completely free, and supports facebook
>>
>>52640470
www.ring.cx
>>
Why dont you use it with a permission manager?
>>
Folio for Facebook, basically a wrapper of the mobile version, but it has got support for notifications, so you can receive messages
>>
Disa, works for WhatsApp too
>>
>>52640470
muuuuuh botnet
>>
When will ameritards stop being autistic and adopt whatsapp like the rest of the normal world?
>>
>>52640922

Its only a matter of time until it's rolled into Facebook anyway. Having all of the world's communications on one network on one application isn't good.
>>
>>52641000
I dont see it. They would have to be stupid to fuck up something that is perfectly good. That is why people use WhatsApp not messenger.
>>
>>52640922
WhatsApp is owned by Facebook you fucking stupid retard.
>>
>>52641087

Its coming. There's a reason they put billions into WhatsApp. Messenger has been lagging. It will make it easier to push whatsapp users into creating a facebook app.
>>
>>52640681
Tinfoil Hat or Folio
>>
>>52640561
Actually it does but at this point it's RYO and pretty unstable. Neat though.

Fucking chrome app, though.

That's honestly the only thing that pisses me off about whisper systems, they insist on sucking Google's cock. Yeah, it's encrypted before it touches any network, whatever, but why not just release a standalone client, holy fuck
>>
>>52640681
Believe it or not it's not that hard to convince them. Normies aren't as content with Zuckerberg spying on them as you think.

Give it a shot, anon.
>>
>>52641125
everyone knows that you diabetic burger eater

>>52641168
Nah. They bought whatsapp simply because its huge. If they didn't someone else would.

Messenger is shit because of the Facebook integration. People that use whatsapp want a messaging app, not a social network or anything else. If they start pushing facebook shit (trying to bring these 2 world together) people might start to feel less comfortable and it might cause a migration towards another messaging app,

That is why I think they wont be putting anything facebook on it, at least not in the near future. I might be wrong though who know what kind of retarded shit they can pull.
>>
weechat -> bitlbee -> bitlbee-facebook (enable highlights for Facebook) -> weechat relay -> weechat-android
>>
>>52641482
aka the autist's relay
>>
Telegram
Find out what dank memes your friends like, make a sticker pack of it, and convince them to switch for it
That's what I did when all my friends went crazy for Undertale
>>
File: photo_2016-01-26_22-00-57.jpg (113KB, 799x1060px) Image search: [Google]
photo_2016-01-26_22-00-57.jpg
113KB, 799x1060px
>>52640470
Telegram
>>
>>52640488
>>52641652
Signal yes

https://www.eff.org/secure-messaging-scorecard
>>
>>52641599
makes perfect sense if you're an IRC user. Also, it's like the only solution in this thread that works while keeping the normies on Facebook. I know it's a bit much if you don't use IRC though.
>>
>>52641652
When will people realize its no up to you to decide which messaging app you should be using.
>>
>>52640514
This.
>>
>>52642279
I'm sorry, what?
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.