[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who still using nexus 5 here?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: Nexus_5_(1).jpg (517KB, 995x784px) Image search: [Google]
Nexus_5_(1).jpg
517KB, 995x784px
Who still using nexus 5 here?
>>
>>52640462
right here

with the exception of GS6 and 5X, all my upgrade options are 5.5" or larger, which I don't want (inb4 "babby-handed manlet")

5X doesn't have wireless charging, so my only realistic option is the GS6
>>
>>52640462
Nexus 5 owner, happily reporting in, it'll have been 2 years by the end of February. The phone is still in great condition other then a small scratch in the top right corner. Its cheap plastic build actually makes it super durable.
It still runs flawlessly without any lag, and there's a ton of good custom ROMs to choose from (I'm currently using Chroma)
Battery isn't great (2.5-3 hours SoT), but Marshmallow helped.

Pretty much on the same boat as >>52640539 , all of my upgrade options are fuckhuge and I'll probably just get a 5X someday. Oneplus X would have been good if it didn't have such awful US bands.
>>
Nexus 5 owner here, it has been 2 years and everything works fine but the battery. Any help? I'm with Android stock marshmallow. Recommend any good rom?
>>
>>52640462
Who's
>>
nexus 5 for 2 years, broke screen once, maybe next christmas ill buy the nexus 6p, or the new lg G# if it doesnt have the shitty 2nd screen..
>>
>>52640705
Battery is really easy to replace, watch Youtube. My N5s powerbutton failed and I havent replaced it yet; no need for it at the moment as I'm rocking a Nexus 4
>>
>>52640705
Replace with g2 battery for maximum gains senpai
>>
>>52640894
Does this even work? Wasn't it proven that the G2 battery is just ever so slightly too big to fit?
>>
>>52640462

I would be if my USB port didn't break ;_;

RIP Nexus 5, best phone ever
>>
N5 masterrace

Absolutely zero reason to upgrade. Performance is still great, build quality is excellent

2 downsides are the camera focuses slow as shit and the battery life is below average. I'm not addicted to my phone like most people so I actually get 2-3 days of use on a single charge

>>52641093
it's not if you know how to dremel
>>
>>52640705

Replace the battery with a new one. After 18 months Li-ion batteries start to go downhill fast.
>>
>>52640462
I'm still using a Nexus 4, and (except for the battery) I have no reason to replace it. I generally can't understand why people fall for the "need new smartphone every year" meme. It's fine to use the same smartphone for 2 to 5 years, if it's not broken.
>>
Other than the power button failure it's been great for me. Had phone for approx 16 months. I take the battery out of charge every day at 7:30 am and it lasts until I go to bed. Charges in 2 hours from empty to full.
>>
>>52641262
Nexus 4 is fucking ugly though
>>
>>52640462
Right here family
Running CM13 and still going strong.
>>
God tier value.

Right now I'm using CM13 and I'm getting tired of the bugs.

Any of you use stock Marshmallow but rooted? Any methods that don't require running some shady .exe file?
>>
>>52641403
I'm on rooted stock.

Just need flash system and twrp, let it boot once, reboot to recovery and flash 2.66 or newer supersu
>>
Still going strong. Battery life was starting to suffer, $15 OEM replacement from eBay & 5 mins to replace, good as new.
>>
>>52641998
Also worth noting that I experienced issues with the mic not working, but fixed that by popping the back off and tightening up the black plastic shield above the battery.
>>
I miss my N5. Screen inverter shat the bed and now I'm on a Zenfone 2 64GB. I really loved just how much custom development there was for it vs my Zenfone now.
Dec 2013 - Nov 2015
>>
Surprised how only a few of you had the power button failure.

Mine is starting to fail, but I know it will soon stop working for good.

Have mine for around 2 years, only complaint is the power button.
>>
replaced the earphone (like $1.5 usd off of ali) next is find a good battery (can't find OEM on my third world country)
>>
Couldn't find a good oem in Australia for a new battery so I just upgraded to a g3 for $200.

I like the g3 but I also miss the nexus 5. If not for the battery I could see it easily last another year.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.