[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> You need to watercool to get the best overclocks from your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: images_reservoir tandem 456.jpg (29KB, 720x489px) Image search: [Google]
images_reservoir tandem 456.jpg
29KB, 720x489px
> You need to watercool to get the best overclocks from your system

but

> Megahertzes don't matter!!!

What to do, /g/? Is there really a point in overclocking, even though you'll never get more than few hundreds of megahertz more?
>>
>>>/fuckoff/
>>
>>52634933
>You need to watercool to get the best overclocks from your system

Yes, to get the BEST OC, you need to watercool. I'd say if you're gaming, every resource counts and you might as well give it a try.
>>
>>52635044
But they say megahertz don't matter. Why do they not matter when buying the cpu, but do when you already have the processor?
>>
>>52635119
>But they say megahertz don't matter.
No one says that.
They're saying that you shouldn't compare a 4ghz Prescott P4 with a 2ghz Haswell i7
>>
>>52635119
>>52634933
Thanks dude, this was the most retarded thing I've read today. Please leave this place forever and if have to stay consider using the stupid question thread always instead of making your own thread.

Why in the fuck wouldn't clock speed matter? It makes literally zero sense saying a faster operating CPU wouldn't be faster.
What kind of attention span do you have that you got the "megahertz" doesn't matter totally out of context?

It's like reading an article about the sex life of lion's and deducting that you are awesome in bed because you can last longer than 4 seconds....

Seriously 4chan.org/g/sqt leave the rest of the board alone.
>>
1. it fucking doesn't unless you're a gaymen manchild

2. it only does when you're not comparing different chipsets/architectures. a cpu with 4 times more ghz (and the same amount of cores) can be 4 times slower

sage and hide , sqt next time faggot
>>
File: Inter.png (249KB, 1190x906px) Image search: [Google]
Inter.png
249KB, 1190x906px
>>52634933
>>
>>52634933
>Megahertz don't matter
They don't when you are comparing 2 different architectures. i.e:.2.3ghz Prescot != Athlon XP 3200+ != power pc G5 2.3 ghz != Haswell 2.3 ghz != 2.3 ghz zen and so on.
>You need to watercool to get the best overclocks from your system
You don't really, as there are some air coolers that perform as well as the highest end closed loop coolers, but if you actually cared about sick overclocks, then you'd get a custom loop.

Also, a 3.2ghz athlon 3200+ will outperform a 2.3 ghz athlon 3200+. Do you understand now?
>>
>>52634933
Ok so like going from base clock of a 1000 on most reference gpus to something like 1450 or higher and gaining potentially 10+FPS in games doesn't matter? Of course it matters!
>>
there used to be a point
it doesn't matter much now
>>
>>52635119
because when you OC then all other specs are equal. When you buy there are other specs that you should look at, especially cache.
>>
THAT IS A CLOCK SPEED

HOLY FUCK

WHY DO SHITHEADS THINK THAT CLOCK SPEED IS THE SAME A FLOPS

ONE IS HOW FAST IT RUNS, THE OTHER IS HOW MUCH IT CAN DO

IF YOUR STACK CAN COMPUTE 1 OPERATION PER CLOCK THAN YOU CAN OPERATE AT 1000 THz AND STILL BE A SHIT
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.