[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I recently installed pic related. It's giving me some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: 611IxmxXmmL._SL1000_.jpg (90KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
611IxmxXmmL._SL1000_.jpg
90KB, 1000x1000px
So I recently installed pic related.

It's giving me some trouble. My cpu is nice and cool, but the fan for the reservoir is what's giving me problems. I got it so my system would run quieter, but now it's even louder!

The only thing I can figure out is the fan is going at full speed. My motherboard is an MSI Z87-G45. I used msi command center to try and change the fan speed, but regardless of what I set it to it doesn't change speeds. It's going at around 1648 rpm. My mobo has two cpu fan sockets, I plugged the pump into cpu fan 1 and the fan into cpu fan 2.

The fan they included was a 3 pin, but my mobo has 4 pins, could this have something to do with me not being able to change speeds? Or could the fan they included be faulty?

I was thinking about swapping the fan for the one I used for my previous coolermaster heatsink, as it was plugged into the same place but never made this much noise.

Please, someone tell me what I'm doing wrong. This noise is driving me crazy. I have searched but didn't find any answers, I've even tried asking on forums but never got an answer.
>>
>>52634717
Swap fans, three pins don't support PWM.
>>
>>52634717
yeah, get a 4 pin fan.
i had a similar problem, some 3 pin fans dont play nice with speeding up/down for whatever reason.
>>
>>52634738
>>52634766

I just went and checked, my fan that was for my coolermaster evo has 4 pins.

Thanks, I always hate bothering people here with my dumb questions, but it's always so much faster and precise than forums.

Why would they include a 3 pin fan for a cpu, anyway?
>>
>>52634796
Their cheap.
>>
there's adapters coming with your hydrocooling sys, basicly 2 resistence that you plug between you're fan and the pwm plug on your mobo. it will reduce the fan speed but won't make theme quiet. corsair fan are high RPM fan so not quiet at all. i just bought 2 noctua fan to swap my hold one's on my H50. best thing i've don't so far.
>>
>>52634811
I believe it. The instructions they included were incredibly bare bones.
>>52634816
I didn't see any adapters in the box. Just screws and plates.

Bit of a different problem now. I want to use my evo fan, but it has those big brackets you use to attach it to the big heatsink. Is there a way to remove them without destroying them? I'd like to be able to re-use them if I needed to.
>>
File: coolermaster hyper 212 evo fan.jpg (110KB, 745x494px) Image search: [Google]
coolermaster hyper 212 evo fan.jpg
110KB, 745x494px
>>52634881
I should probably be a little more specific.

These things. The clamps that fit the fan to heatsink Is there a way to remove these plastic things without damaging them so I can re-use them if I needed to someday?
>>
>>52634962
There are little rubber "feet" on the underside of the fan right? They're covering the screws that hold those plastic clamps to the fan. Just remove them or move them out of the way and unscrew the fan from the clamps.

Honestly I don't know why you bothered wit hthe H55. It is not all that much better than a hyper 212 EVO with properly applied thermal paste. You went from a little bit of fan noise and at worst, potential for a failed fan, to a mediocre (at best) AiO cooler. Pump noise, potential for pump failure etc.

What exactly are you running and at what speed? You realize that you can tell the CPU fan on the EVO what speed it should max out at in the motherboard BIOS right? You can usually set your desired maximum temperature for the CPU/ or max RPM for the fan to reach.
>>
>>52634717
>I got it so my system would run quieter, but now it's even louder!
Congratulations you fucking retard, you just admitted you can't do literally 30 seconds of research before you buy something. Watercooling only gets quieter when you can run something like a 240 or 360 rad per major component and have the fans on like 10% and the pump low as well. Besides that, air coolers are already quiet as fuck, it's GPU fans that are loud.
>>
>>52635040
It was a gift. My evo worked fine, but I figured I might as well install it since it's slightly better.

I just went and looked at it closer, it doesn't seem to have any threading at the corners, the brackets are just glued on by those tiny metal pins. The holes at the corners where you'd normally screw it to something are completely smooth. I think I'll have to buy a 4 pin fan.

>>52635073
It was a gift.
>>
>>52635120
Wait, I might be able to get it to work. I could just have it screw into the radiator with the fan fit snugly between it and the case.
>>
>>52635120
>It was a gift.
Fine then.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835553002

Buy one of those and stick it on. Good quality, PWM, nearly silent even at full speed and pushes a good amount of air while being cheap.
>>
>>52635120
>I just went and looked at it closer, it doesn't seem to have any threading at the corners, the brackets are just glued on by those tiny metal pins. The holes at the corners where you'd normally screw it to something are completely smooth. I think I'll have to buy a 4 pin fan.
What the fuck are you on about, what doesn't have threading?
>>
>>52635179
I've installed case fans before. On the coolerrmaster fan I'm talking about, the one that attaches to the heatsink, the holes where you'd normally screw a fan to the case are completely smooth.
>>
>>52635244
Unless they randomly changed how the plastic side clips attached, they are most certainly screwed in, the screws being under the rubbery vibration dampers.
>>
>>52635244
take a pic because I highly doubt cooler master would make a specific non replaceable fan for their budget cooler. I have bought, installed, and used the Hyper 212 EVO on my own PC and countless customers in the past and all of them were nothing like you're saying.

The brackets should simply be screwed to the fan.
>>
>>52634717
>I got it so my system would run quieter

And now you've learned your lesson.

These coolers are completely and utterly useless because:

>they don't cool better than air coolers, in fact they perform worse than some air coolers at the same price range
>the cheapest ones are equal the price of premium air coolers such as the ones from bequiet and noctua
>you can do whatever the fuck you want with your fan, it will always - ALWAYS - be noisy no matter what because it's not the fan that's the problem, it's the pump

Enjoy your PC sounding like a fish tank.
>>
>>52634717

And by the way, you can use that fan on the 4 pins of the mobo just fine. It will line up correctly and leave out the 4th pin.

You can control fan speeds on bios manually or just set it to silent or whatever your bios calls it and you're good to go.
>>
>>52635923
That's my problem, though. I am trying to change it in my bios, and I'm trying to change it in msi command center.

It won't change no matter what I set it to.
>>
>>52634717
Is corsair link working with windows 10?

Do the cooling profiles run without the program on startip?

Annoys me the LED is red on start despite me setting it temperature, once I go to the program and click the led, it refreshes and shows the appropriate color. Annoying.
>>
>>52635882

I have a H-55 installed on my AMD FX-8320 Housefire edition
Its slightly overclocked and over 9000 times quieter than the stock cooler
>>
>>52634717
Read the fucking sticky.
>>
>>52636586
Of course it is quieter than your stock cooler. That's not even a question.
>>
>>52635882
>These coolers are completely and utterly useless
Not quite. They're good for mITX bullshit builds, where it's hard to fit in a proper heatsink.

>>52636586
>they perform worse than some air coolers at the same price range
Tell me, how much did you spend on the stock cooler? And how much on the H-55?
>>
>>52636602
It says nothing about fans.
>>
>>52636860
Don't play dumb.
>>
>>52636586

Literally anything is better than amd's craptastic stock coolers.

You could probably get better temps by installing the cpu without a heatsink for how shit it is.
>>
>>52636646
>Tell me, how much did you spend on the stock cooler? And how much on the H-55?

Got it for a steal at Frys, had no intentions but to help a friend get a new TV or something. I think it was 40$ IDK.

400$ later i have a GTX970 and a H-55
>>
>>52636541
Bumping this
>>
>>52636860
Nice b8, now fuck off to tomshardware
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.