[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PC for games Linux for servers & laptops Apple is for production,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 14

File: integrated-dot-net.jpg (28KB, 510x325px) Image search: [Google]
integrated-dot-net.jpg
28KB, 510x325px
PC for games
Linux for servers & laptops
Apple is for production, work, coding

Can we all agree ? without using memes
>>
>>52634371
What about shitposting?
>>
I defo agree.
>>
File: apple marketing.jpg (557KB, 972x2260px) Image search: [Google]
apple marketing.jpg
557KB, 972x2260px
>>52634371
Fuck off Apple shill.

Apple is for paying too much for shit you can do with all other operating systems aswell.
>>
>>52634371
Is PC some new kind of operating system?
>>
How about any operating system can accomplish any of those things
>>
File: 1453785463733.gif (75KB, 182x249px) Image search: [Google]
1453785463733.gif
75KB, 182x249px
>>52634371
>Apple is for production, work, coding
LOL sense fucking when hahahaha, the majority of apples user base are underage kids, and tech illiterate hipsters.
>>
>>52634517
>How about any operating system can accomplish any of those things

That would be Linux
>>
>>52634490
>being poor
>>
>>52634490
Where do I sign up for this?
>>
>>52634371
depends entirely on what you're up to. you can do most of everything on all three of those. if anything,

Windows is for engineers who need CAE tools only available for Windows (as of now)
OS X is for people who do shit tons of audio/video stuff
Linux is for systems/communications/bare metal devs

as long as you don't fall in either category and are therefore not bound by your work environment to use either one, choose your weapon. it's largely a matter of preference. and yes, wanting free software is also a preference whether the FSF cucks like it or not.
>>
>>How about any operating system can accomplish any of those things
>>That would be Linux

Gaming on Linux? Right.
>>
>>52634371
You can do literally everything on Windows and everything except gaming and production on Linux.
Fuck off crapple shill.
>>
>>52634490
I wanted to buy a macbook pro

El Capitan looked like a great OS

And then I found out they removed all ports on it minus that really retarded "new" USB standard that nobody gives a fuck about.

For a computer that has a screen that isn't even 1440p I'm not going to stand for that shit.
>>
>>52634371
I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called Linux, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called Linux distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux!
>>
>>52634371
As a person that use them all,
Change Linux to servers, laptops, production(scientific/engineering), coding(back end)
and
Apple to production(art stuff), work, coding(front end)
and you've pretty much got it
>>
File: 1452296325934.png (441KB, 4500x4334px) Image search: [Google]
1452296325934.png
441KB, 4500x4334px
>>52634490
>poorfag Linux user was assblasted enough to make this
When will they learn apple is the master race for those who are wealthy and white and have an attractive girlfriend?
>>
>>52634371

No. Why would you use Linux for anything other than servers or recreational use, ie just fucking around with it basically?

Linux and Apple desktops and laptops are PCs so you can fuck off with this gay meme too.

Windows has long since had all the software necessary for doing anything you can do on a Mac, and PCs not running OSX are far cheaper, therefore better bang for buck than Macs.

It goes:

Windows for games, production, work, normal human beings, etc etc etc etc
Linux for servers and basement dwellers
Apple for faggots
>>
>>52634655
This tbqh family
>>
>>52634371
But macos x doesn't even has a functional file manager or Unix tools
Also try to get some enterprise projects working on Mac OS, I use GNU Linux and Windows on a vm for abap development
>>
>>52634655
>Windows for games, production, work, normal human beings, etc etc etc etc
>Linux for servers and basement dwellers
>Apple for faggots

Add embedded and supercomputers for Linux , otherwise it's spot on.
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 384x384px
>>52634528
>weebposting outside of /a/
>>
>>52634707
>implying anyone on /g/ knows embedded devices or supercomputers
>>
>>52634371
Linux is literally the worlds most powerful C IDE
>>
>>52634528
Fuck off animefag, you're cancer
>>
>>52634371
>Apple
>without using memes
Nice shitpost
>>
Linux plus nonfree drivers for everyrhing exept games
>>
>>52634371
Linux on laptops? Lol! Enjoy your no battery life.
>os x for anything
I literally deal with his shit on a daily basis. The UI is absolutely terrible to work in.
>>
>>52634730
>implying anyone on /g/ knows embedded devices or supercomputers

It's the nuclear option argument of the linfag, so they know (at least superficially)
>>
>>52634775
TLP
Just use it with it u get win battery. Life
>>
>>52634679
facts:
>osx has a functional file manager
>osx is basically posix compatible
>>
>>52634371
PS4 for games
Linux for PC
Apple for homos
>>
>>52636046
Well if functional means bloating with.__ folders and using colors as a managing system.

Well if bash oldest version is good for your eating poop habits

I'm a systems engineer and your opinion is as bad as your arguments
>>
iOS on phones
Android on tablet
OS X on a laptop
Microshaft Wendys for muh vidya
Loonix for production/workstation/server
>>
>>52634585
I will never understand why people parrot the same old line about macs being better for video. Do you even know why you say these things?
>>
>>52634371
No.
Apple is for fags.
Linux for servers.
Windows for everything else.
>>
>>52636353
/thread
>>
>>52634646
Jokes on you, I'm using a non apple laptop That costs nearly twice as much as your shit tier apple device.
>>
>>52634371
All 3 are PCs you dumb plebfag
What you meant is windows
>>
>>52634610
>that new USB standard nobody gives a fuck about
Gr8 b8
>>
>>52634559
>being too stupid to understand that not wasting your money on overpriced shit doesn't make you poor
>>
>>52634371
PC for games, Linux for everything else. Only useful thing you can use Apple products for is to advertise that you are a homosexual. And to get rid of a lot of money without getting too much stuff.
>>
>>52634371
hahahahahahahh apple for coding ahahahahhahahahahahha
>>
>>52634371
kek
>>
File: 1439253119621.jpg (110KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
1439253119621.jpg
110KB, 600x480px
>>52634371
>>
>>52636724
ruby
>>
File: 1452315238402.jpg (231KB, 988x802px) Image search: [Google]
1452315238402.jpg
231KB, 988x802px
>>52634371
>apple for productivity meme

Unless you use one of the handful osx only software, there is no point in buying a shiny overheating computer. You can do all that e
>>
>>52634371
>>
>>52634371
>apple for faggots creating proprietary multimedia cancer
>>
>>52636744
Ruby supports OSX, linux and windows. Your point?
>>
>>52634490
>believing any company cares enough about g to shill here
>>
>>52636739
>le fasebook froge
But I thought Apple was the facebook machine. That's so fucking epic!
>>
>>52636813
>Your point
Ruby and macs are a match made in heaven
>>
Separate drive for Windows 7 to play games. Main drive used daily for productive work running Linux. Apple laptop when you want new tech, but don't want Windows 10, and don't want to remove an OS from something that cost over $900.

This is an objective truth.
>>
>>52634546
Except gayming and work that requires proprietary software
>>
Since all my work done in person on a computer, that kinda rules apple out as I need a personal computer aka a PC and not a microsoft access client aka a MAC?
>>
>>52634371
Not that I don't think that OS X has advantages and its disadvantages (like arm being better than atom) but can do that better in a gayming PC or an upgraded one..
>>
>>52634546
...and Windows and OS X.

Just because you can't rice the desktop and slap your Chinese cartoons on it dosen't mean it's inferior or unproductive
>>
File: 1444875598236.png (179KB, 1024x946px) Image search: [Google]
1444875598236.png
179KB, 1024x946px
>>52634371
>Without using memes
>In neo-/g/

Sorry OP, but that'll never happen. Even if your overall intention for this thread was good and generally unbiased, people will still nitpick/shitpost out of boredom or shill their favorite object for good goy points.
>>
Windows is for people who want to use Windows
Linux is for people who want to use Linux
Mac is for who fucking cares
>>
>>52636306
well, the main points here are
1. the sheer abundance of tools for audio/video stuff and how they're interfacing with the hardware
2. the prevalence of the industries for working with apple products

notice how i'm grouping audio and video together, which is unfair in the first place. what i'm saying is most likely more true for audio than it is for video. still, i'm talking more about trend, popularity, etc in the respective industries; you can do CAE on both Linux and OS X, you can do audio/video on Windows and Linux and you can do development in the mentioned segments on Windows and OS X. none of these statements is absolute anymore; if they ever were, that was 10-15 years ago.
>>
File: 1426589696516.jpg (32KB, 554x426px) Image search: [Google]
1426589696516.jpg
32KB, 554x426px
>>52637480
Truth has been dropped! Chose wathever assholes!
>>
>>52636813
>>52636835
ruby runs perfectly on linux. it's a pain in the ass for run and maintain on windows.
>>
>>52634371
PC for games
Linux for everything else
Why the fuck would you need a mac?
>>
>>52637538

RIP Glauren Star
>>
>>52637596
she dead? :(
>>
>apple for anything but facebook and selfies
Gtfo, now
>>
Windows is for office drones who can't into SQL so they need excel, it's also used by /v and in many cases by people who Windows only software, Limix is great for development be it. C/C++, java, python, Matlab, etc. And since it's a modular platform it's great for server and research work, i use it on the desktop becase nothing comes close to repos and sane update system, when i get home i want my computers to just werk no "installing update 3 of 283" bullshit amd i use a VM for Windows only software, OSX is for art femboys and Facebook machine nothing more.
>>
>>52638062
what os has an enter key because you need it
>>
>>52634599
there are plenty of games to play on Linux anon. If you wanted to built a PC for gaming on linux, you very well can.

Steam and GOG have a wide selection, and if you wanted to get technical you can run passthrough for a windows VM.
>>
File: Theyearoflinuxgaming.png (446KB, 2058x1384px) Image search: [Google]
Theyearoflinuxgaming.png
446KB, 2058x1384px
>>52638137
and more to be played on windows
>>
>>52638166
>new things have a smaller selection than long-standing things
wow color me surprised anon!
>>
>>52638166
Just on the first column, rocket league, witcher 3, payday 2, and arma 3 are coming to Linux
>>
>>52634809
I tried Linux Mint with Cinnamon and got poor battery life. I did some searching, found TLP, only 1 hour increase. Under Windows with light web browsing at full charge = 5 hours battery life - 3 under same conditions in Linux.
Did I do anything wrong, anon? Was it Cinnamon?
>>
>>52634371
i literally just installed windows xp, vista, 7, 10, then freebsd, netbsd, openbsd, and finally debian, ubuntu, red hat enterprise, opensuse.

I'm making an desktop OS independent botnet.
>>
>>52638531
zozzle, i'm leaving out OS X cause i use that as a workstation LOL KUCKKLIN
>>
Well, apple is shit, and seriously is not good for anything at all. It's just windows without the functionality. So that places coding and productivity into windows. And Linux is for CLI nerds.
>>
>>52634371
As long as it's a hackintosh then sure
>>
Fuck no. Windows is for enterprise work, production, and coding if we are talking about the propietary stuff. Linux with Microsoft Office is best all around. Videogames nowadays aren't even worth keeping specs up for. There hasn't been a truly mind blowing release in ages. It's all just the same generic shootan shit or overly gritty adventure/RPGs. Then there's the flood of DLC, and the fact that no games have awesome hidden secrets in them anymore. You get good releases like Fallout here and there, but most of it is shit.
>>
Windows for games
OSX for mobile
GNU/Linux for servers/stationary

Yep, sounds about right.
>>
>>52638727
That's some bait if I ever saw.
>>
>>52638923
he is actually pretty spot on. a lot of people WILL have to use proprietary software in MS for work, and videogames ARE shitty enough to not care about anything beyond medium graphic settings.
>>
File: sex-face.jpg (43KB, 450x242px) Image search: [Google]
sex-face.jpg
43KB, 450x242px
>>52634490
Apple is utter shit, but they aren't paying people to shill on 4chan. If anything a company like Apple would spare no expense in keeping their name as far away from this place as possible. They do not want to become known as the platform of choice for pedophiles, drug addicts, psychopaths, conspiracy theorists, white supremacists, sovereign citizens, rape apologists, future spree killers,etc. That you think they, or any company like them would demonstrates just how fucking delusional you are. Apple, I'm sure, would love to have your money (I assume you receive a crazy-check, or something), but not if it's going to hurt their public image.
>>
>>52637439
Thanks for contributing
>>
>>52634528
/thread
>>
File: descarga (39).jpg (5KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
descarga (39).jpg
5KB, 224x225px
>>52638727
>>
>>52638166
>GTA
>Skyrim
>Witcher
>Fallout
>Just Cause
Just get a fucking console

The only reason to have Windows on a gaming PC is if you play League or some MMO or some shit - in which case you're a faggot and fuck you

I have tons of indie games, emulators and roguelikes on my Linux laptop and I use my consoles for whatever AAA crap or Nintengames I want.
>>
>>52636698

kek I bet you don't even have one credit card maxed out yet! Well, I gotta run. I'm expecting a set of genuine Hulk Hogan Collector's Plates in the mail, that I'm gonna hang on the wall of my trailer, next to the huge-ass TV I'm renting to own, from the same place I got my furniture. Nothing but the finest for me. I work 39.5 hours a week at Jiffy Lube, so that's how I can afford to live like a king, like this.
>>
>>52634371
You are retarded.
>>
>>52639567
are you retarded?
have you just never used a console?
those things are horrible.
unplayable frame rates, shit resolution and shitty expensive games
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.