[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>frenchfags will defend this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 4

File: azerty-toetsenbordindeling.jpg (35KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
azerty-toetsenbordindeling.jpg
35KB, 640x480px
>frenchfags will defend this
>>
>>52633848
>be FF (frenchfag)
>be living in north america
>be shipping keyboards from california
>tfw there are so many of us in tech in the US that you can buy AZERTY keyb from silicon valley
>>
>>52633848
What's to defend ? Everyone has their own language, therefore different keybord you retard cunt go suck an underage dick
>>
>>52634028
>>52634080
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-eu-35365604

>tl;dr you can't type proper french on a azerty keyboard
>>
>defend
>french govt ACTIVELY trying to get rid of it
you dont even know what youre talking about man
>>
>>52633848
>Frenchfags lost
>French use to many keyboard types.
>Why not choose a standard already
>>
I'm not trying to defend it, however, I can't type on anything else. Shit is retarded though, we should go for Bépo keyboards.
>>
>>52633848

I'm french, I use qwerty because azerty is terrible for coding and I don't even have to type proper french most of the time.
The only time I write in french is in instant messengers with my friends, so we don't really care about writing properly with accents and all.
>>
>>52634284
How the fuck did you even get used to it? QWERTY masterrace.
>>
*francophiles
>>
>>52634316
I've been typing on these keyboards since 20 years, it's really hard to change. And QWERTY is useless for French language.
People who aren't much into computers have a much better time switching keyboard layouts.
>>
tehe i saw an article on reddit about french keyboards time 2 make le epic bread on install gentoo board :^)
>>
>>52634102
link not working for me.
please explain, i'm french and i type proper formal french with azerty, i don't get what you mean
>>
>>52634080
kek
>>
>>52634362
You can't make accentuated capitals nor stuff like ae or oe with a regular AZERTY layout on windows.
>>
>>52634362
People can't use codes so the ministry concluded that they're retarded and it's the keyboards fault.
>>
>>52633848
Why can't the whole world just switch to dvorak?
>>
>>52634416
The whole point of dvorak is to make the most used letters on the home row.
Guess what ? It depend between languages.
>>
QWERTZUIOP MASTER RACE
>>
>>52634397
>>52634412
Yes people are retarded because i got no problem doing a Ç for example and i'm currently typing with azerty

Also have no english ling but just checked this out, they are (government) absolutly not talking about leaving azerty, just improving it
>>
>>52634484
ALT + a bunch of random numbers and auto-correct aren't acceptable solutions.
>>
Why not use an international keyboard that can be used for all latin alphabet languages?
>>
>>52634499
It's not random if you know what you're doing.

You know, in my school they taught us how random squiggly lines can actually be translated in "words".
>>
>>52634544
Come on, it makes no sense to the average user, ffs.

AZERTY was flawed from the start, as was QWERTY and every typewriter-derived layout.
>>
>>52634362
Yeah well i'm typing on an azerty keyboard.
Â, É, Ç
>>
>>52634539
Because then you would need a keyboard with a ridiculous amount of keys that like 80% of the users wouldn't have use of. Or really fucking annoying button combinations that would make writing hell for some languages.

And you know, generally all current keyboards can be used for with all Latin alphabets. It's just annoying if it's not configured for that language.
>>
>>52634573
QWERTY made sense at the time. Not so much now. But it's hard to just switch a system everyone used to. It's why America still uses the Imperial system even though it's retarded.
>>
>>52634688
>America still uses the Imperial system even though it's retarded
I thought it was spite
>>
>>52633848
>be belgianfag
>frenchfags forced azerty on your country
>tfw until you finally decided to get qwerty, hotkey layouts like in games never made any sense and people had no fucking clue what to do with you when you told them your keyboard isn't normal
>tfw after deciding to join the qwerty conventionrace all you get is headwind because everything in your country is designed around frenchfag keyboards
fml
and fuck this stupid country
and fuck the french with their stupid layout, qwerty is objectively more logical with its layout of the 4 different kinds of brackets and such
>>
>>52634028
>>52634362
Man, I'm french and I live in Canada. I just got used to qwerty so fast I can't go back to azerty anymore. We have no reason to stay on AZERTY, that's just a retarded keyboard layout.
>>
pause/break shouldn't exist
neither should scroll lock really besides showing people the excel trick and they're like 'oh that's what that button does'
>>
>>52636612
then get a happy hacker or a macbook
>>
>been using AZERTY for years
>decide that I'm tired of changing keyboard config in every game and OS
>get used to QWERTY and most of the symbols within 3 days
What's your excuse?
>>
>>52634102
This is false. AZERTY is perfectly fine. However, Microsoft's implementation of it in Windows is garbage.

It's like MS never gave a shit about internationalisation. Heck, even the "Power" button used to be translated as "Puissance" in Windows 10. They're probably not rich enough to pay human translators, and have to rely on Bing.
>>
>>52636642
Yeah I know right ?
>>
>>52636641
but i want other people to conform to my arbitrary needs

even a few greybeards getting mad that their punchcard system workflow NEEDS that ancient toggle key would be nice.
>>
>>52636642
>decide that I'm tired of changing keyboard config in every game and OS

Nigga, just crtl+shift when in the game.
>>
>>52636685
and just ctrl+shift back every time you alt+tab right?
>>
>>52636734
Yes ?
>>
>>52633848
they announced that they were changing azerty. are you living under a rock?
>>
>>52636749
and just ctrl+shift back every time you open chat right?
There is really no reason to deal with any of that shit when you can just stay with QWERTY
>>
>>52633848
E-ink keyboards can't come fast enough. >>52633848
>>
What they need to do is ditch ISO entirely and go ANSI.
ISO is a horrible inefficient layout, not to mention it costs OEMs more to have to make two different physical layouts.
>>
>>52636817
>text chat

How are you going to do accentuated characters in QWERTY ?
>>
sacre bleu, omelette du fromage, baguettes in my anus
>>
>>52636540
Confirmed retard
Did you forget we have two official languages? Go try typing a french letter/email on a qwerty, it's shite.

Azerty might be far from perfect (imo it's only flaw is that you can't make accentuated capital letters, something most french people couldn't care less about anyway), but qwerty is far from perfect either, even for typing in english. Qwerty has a better layout for coding but if you want to type truly efficient get a dvorak keyboard.

If you don't like it here fucking leave? :^)
O wait you're probably underage bait who's living at his mums place!
>>
>>52636945
In his defense, going outside will get him rape by muslims.
>>
>>52636911
good argument, but I'm from Flanders Belgium and couldn't care less about the french language
>>52636945
check out the 2 apostrophes above the right shift
you can caps lock+apostrophe+letter
>>
>>52636996
>good argument, but I'm from Flanders Belgium and couldn't care less about the french language
Good for you, so use qwerty! But don't go labeling azerty as a shit layout just because it doesn't suit your needs. Belgium has two official languages so you need a suitable national keyboard layout.
>>
Is there a keyboard layout with qwerty's letter layout but azerty's symbol layout?
>>
>azerty
>not qwertz
kek
also I just buy qwerty and switch to fr_ch layout when I need l'écriture française oder Deutsch äöü
>>
>>52636540
>>52636945
Wondering if any of you pieces of shit are living in Bruges
>>
File: Sans titre.png (29KB, 828x271px) Image search: [Google]
Sans titre.png
29KB, 828x271px
But anon, THIS is what I defend.
>>
>>52636945
>Did you forget we have two official languages? Go try typing a french letter/email on a qwerty, it's shite.
As if I'm gonna bend over and ever submit to doing anything in french. If I have to email someone who speaks french, they're getting it in dutch, english or non-accentuated basic french. Fuck french and fuck this country's stupid shit like having THREE official languages (don't forget german)

>leaving your country and life for a keyboard layout
My life's worth more than that, faggot

>>52637038
>being this pro-french and defending the baguettelords this hard
Wow they really got to you
>>
>>52637162
Nope, I'm from the civilized part of the country, not the parking lot
>>
>>52637214
Mon nègre
>>
>>52637251
Enjoy your molenbeek, nigger
>>
>>52636540
>tfw stupid university people tell me they "type in qwerty because it's faster to type in english that way"
>tfw I explain them keyboard layouts were literally made to slow you down in your respective language so you wouldn't tangle the hammers on a typewriter
>tfw they don't believe me every fucking time

if you can type blindly it doesn't matter whether if you use qwerty or azerty because you find what you need anyway

if you can't type blindly frankly you're not "tech-savvy" and should get good.
>>
>>52637251
>antwerpen
>civilized

sinds bartje hebt ge het recht verloren om da te zeggen denk ik
>>
File: wt68DJ[1].png (1MB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
wt68DJ[1].png
1MB, 2000x1500px
>>52637459
Like I give a shit about politics. Hitler could run antwerp and I wouldn't give a fuck.

>>52637426
I can type blind on both, bitch. See pic rel if you don't understand my point
>>
>>52637621
I do like the position of ' and " on azerty though
>>
>>52637038
3 you fucking BallonWallon.
>>
>>52637813
Its fucking trash.

Trying to write code on that shit would be hell.
>>
>>52634028
>doesn't use a QWERTY french keyboard

Why..?
>>
>>52634351
>QWERTY is useless for French language
French canadian layout
>>
>>52638134
>useless country having a useless keyboard
And no one is surprised.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.