[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Word Processing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: menu1.png (45KB, 580x425px) Image search: [Google]
menu1.png
45KB, 580x425px
/g/entoomen what word processor do you currently use? And why? I'm looking for a new one that does works cited in a better way.I currently use the muh freedoms suite libreoffice
>>
They all suck, just use latex
>>
>>52633787

basically this.
>>52633962

If you aren't programming, editing config files or shit for school, have some self respect and use latex.

Also, the author of TeX has a good set of books worth reading about TeX itself and programming.
his name is Donald Knuth
>>
>>52634022
It is for school hence asking about works cited.
>>
>>52634074
Again, latex is better at it than any word processor out there
>>
>>52633787
Libre office is pretty solid but too heavy for my taste.
Will there ever be a non Java alternative that respects muh freedoms?
>>
>>52633787
pirated ver. of ms office 2013 because school
>>
File: 1429339475650.png (457KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1429339475650.png
457KB, 640x480px
>>52633962
>>52634022
>Why use software to do things for you when you can make things more complicated for yourself?
>>
I use kile.
It is a good editor and if you want to, you can click your way through anything from inserting weird symbols to tables.

If you prefer to have something compatible with ms word then libreoffice, microsoft office or wps office are your only good options.
They all work for gnu/linux but the last two are not free as in freedom.
>>
Does anyone have experience with ConTeXt as LaTeX alternative? How is it?
>>
>>52634175
>Affiliating us mason jar sippers with fedora tippers

If you are enthusiastic about writing and typesetting like myself, you use latex.

But in a following post, the OP said it's just for school so whatever
>>
>>52634175
It's much easier to use once you get the hang of it. And all it takes to learn is to look at a tutorial or something and search problems you have on stackexchange or whatever. If you are too much of a mongoloid to do even that, what are you even doing in a university anyway?
>>
The "complicated" parts of latex is doing things that you shouldn't be doing.

90% of all documents are good enough with just using \section and \includegraphics
If you want to use anything more than that, anyone should be able to figure that out from the documentation or from the guide wikibooks have made.
>>
>>52634196
Could care less about muh freedoms now, will sacrifice freedom for convenience. I used to use kingsoft office, did they change it much with the rename?

>>52634219
I'll try out LaTeX you seem adament so it has to have something good about it.
>>
>>52634074
>It is for school hence asking about works cited.
In the opening paragraph of the LaTeX Wikipedia article it mentions citations and cross referencing
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.