[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you create a HUD in the current age? I want to, not sure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: HUD_-_Prototype.png (874KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
HUD_-_Prototype.png
874KB, 1280x720px
Can you create a HUD in the current age? I want to, not sure if I should even to though because I've never seen it done and don't know where to start
>>
Yes, absolutely. Helicopters and jets have had them for years using half-silvered glass and a projector with a collimator lens.

If you want to make it more portable, you can do it with a small projector and a screen thing like in Dragonball or the Google Glass.
>>
>>52632405
I was thinking more of using a motorcycle helmet for the hud , I wouldn't even know where to start with something like that though. And the amount of power it needs
>>
>>52632428
BMW doing it already for motorcycle helmets
>>
>>52632373
http://www.skully.com/

Stop making these threads.
>>
I built one with a piece of plexiglass, an old bike helmet, an arduino with an lcd shield, a wooden board, a small mirror, and duct tape.

Step 1: cut board so that it is about 1ft (ish) long.

Step 2: duct tape board to top of the helmet. and sticking out in front of it.

Step 3: duct tape flat plexiglass sheet so that it hangs down from the end of the board in front of the wearer.

step 4: duct tape arduino with lcd shield pointing straight down at the very end of the board, pushed up against the plexiglass. (I used an arduino, but any kind of display being driven by any controller will work if it will fit.)

Step 5: duct tape the mirror on the inside of the plexiglass directly under the display at an angle. This is the most difficult part, as the angle needs to be very specific. The goal is to have the image from the display reflect off of the mirror, onto the plexiglass, and from the plexiglass, reflect back to your eyes. DO NOT AIM THE MIRROR AT YOUR EYES OR THE IMAGE WILL BE REVERSED AND YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SEE THROUGH IT.

Step 6: (optional) use additional supports on the side of the helmet to secure the plexiglass. (otherwise it will swing back and forth in front of you while you walk.)

I got my mirror from an old scanner, but any mirror will do as long as it is at least as large as the screen you are using.
>>
>>52632373
Wait for Magic Leap, then use that. Alternately get an HTC Vive and put pass-through cameras on the front. Make sure you match the cameras to your IPD or you'll have a bad time.
>>
>>52632373
that's what wearables are all about. lookup google glass if you haven't heard of it already
>>
http://www.oakley.com/en/mens/goggles/snow-goggles/airwave/product/WGOO7049

Youtube it. Not sure about how well it works in the field tho.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.