[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't kids play with toys anymore?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 4

File: a.jpg (187KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
187KB, 1024x768px
All they want now is smartphones and computers and Xbones. Has technology destroyed the innocence of childhood and imagination?
>>
>>52602478
that kids would rather play video games than wander around at a playground doesn't surprise me. why shocks me is that many of them would apparently rather watch a stream of someone else playing video games than play video games.
>>
Now its been transfered to games like minecraft. Not a single game though even comes close to some of the adventures i had as a child in the woods with freinds. I wish kids could put down ipads and go outside instead of watching pewdiepie be a fagget for 8 hours.
>>
>>52602544

although if minecraft was made without all its autism it would be a pretty fun building simulation that teaches things like circutry
>>
>>52602478
Remember when schoolyard bullying was just a fact of life?
Now bullying counts as an assault charge.

Society has become too pussified and with parents telling their kids that all men are rapists they're too scared to go outside and have fun so they turn to video games and streams of other kids playing video games.
>>
>>52602539
A thousand times this
>>
>>52602668
>Remember when schoolyard bullying was just a fact of life?
>Now bullying counts as an assault charge.
And that is bad why? Are you the bully that now works at McD?
Fuck you asshole
>>
>>52602544
>Not a single game though even comes close to some of the adventures i had as a child in the woods with freinds.

This, games were good fun for a while but nothing beat just going off with a group of friends and making a secret base together or something, I suppose kids now days can do that as a group in minecraft though.
>>
>>52602717
>bullied nerd detected

One punch right in the bully's kisser should have solved all of your problems.
>>
>>52602668

>parents telling their kids that all men are rapists

If you actually think this you'll probably never have children.

>>>/pol/
>>
>>52602717
Fuck off fag. Bullying does build character and it's clear that you weren't bullied enough in school.
>>
>>52602544
>that time when stranger forced you to lick his peepee in the woods
>>
I'm 26 and I still play with and collect toys.
>>
>>52602741
>>52602770

Yeah, bullying builds character. I agree, as I went through the school system before bullying became grounds for being expelled. However, if you're advocating for kids getting the shit kicked out of them constantly you're pretty fucked up. I sincerely hope you manage to have kids, so you can look back at your ideals and realize what a retard you were.
>>
>>52602770
a million times this
It's ok to have nerdy interests, but to become a nerd yourself is depriving yourself of a well-adjusted adulthood and bullies are natures mechanism for helping nerds and introverts to build character.
>WAAAH I WAS BULLIED AND I GOT MANY YEARS OF THERAPY BECAUSE OF IT ABLOO BLOO BLOO
Society is artificially prolonging these people's suffering.
>>
>>52602668
>parents telling their kids that all men are rapists they're too scared to go outside

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stranger_danger
>>
>>52602824

I may agree with you, but holy fuck take off your /pol/ cap. All you faggots are the same.
>>
>>52602881
>>>/reddit/
>>
>people with no kids talking about the raising of kids
>>
>>52602897

Try again, faggot. Not everyone agrees with you, but if they don't they belong on another site?

Sounds pretty SJW to me.
>>
I am not sure people with waifu desktops and piss bottles littering their mother's basement floor should be giving parental advice
>>
>>52603009
I would like to interject for a moment. What you call a child is actually GNU/Child...
>>
>>52603250

/g/ consistently talks out their ass

I mean fuck, over 75% of this board doesn't even work in a remotely technology related industry.
>>
>>52603250
>have a bunch of kids
>ignore them
>create zombie army
>>
>>52602904
>people with kids thinking they can raise kids
If parents were good parents then modern society wouldn't be so generally fucked.
Check mate.
>>
>>52602904
Were you never a child before?
>>
>>52602824
>>52602770
>>52602668

I know a guy like this.

He would be a dick in high school, would ask to see phones/cigarettes/etc and then pocket them, and since he was a big guy no one could do shit.

He now has a 14 year old daughter that not only went to the hospital because she tried ODing on some stupid medication, she's dragging him through the dirt to therapists. He told me all this and all I could tell him was you reap what you sow. It's the funniest thing I've ever seen, and I let him know how ironic it was.
>>
>>52602539
Well you can say the same about sports. Why watch professional sports player when you can play it yourself? Besides sometimes when you are poor and can't afford the game. Second best thing is watching someone that has it play.
>>
>>52603417

>being a child is the same as raising one

You are fucking retarded.
>>
>>52603436
>being a childish piece of shit that holds childhood grudges against grown adults

wow man
that is low
>>
>>52603495

Oh, he's my friend. I have no childhood grudges against him, I just stated facts to him which he understood.

That's what happens when you have a good friend; you can be honest with them.
>>
>>52602478
toys are deprecate, more engaging and overall more interesting things have filled the role of occupying children
>>
>>52603462
You watch professional sports competitions though. Most people don't even watch e-sports competitive streams, just some faggots with annoying quirky voice and girls with big titties
>>
>>52602478
>be 1990
>All they want now is toys and comics and cassettes. Has technology destroyed the innocence of childhood and imagination?
>>
>>52602668
Yeah but if it's physical or you are still an ugly faggot after puberty then um ur fucked
>>
>>52602648
Minecraft is a deeply flawed game. The combat is shit. The progression is shit. The music is shit. It's hard to mod. It's ugly. It's grindy. It is laggy, buggy, and unreliable.

But it is fun. It might even teach some creative and engineering skills. I'm all for it in moderation.
>>
>>52602770
>Bullying does build character
Yes, BAD character. You don't learn to be social when being social gets you bullied. You don't learn to care about others and stand for others when doing so gets you bullied alongside them.

Research has never shown bullying to lead to positive outcomes. Say I am "pussifying society" all you want, but it is a simple fact that bullied children usually turn out worse than non-bullied ones.
>>
>>52602478
They use computers and smartphones as toys you dunce.
>>
File: 2809476-amiibo1.jpg (85KB, 682x383px) Image search: [Google]
2809476-amiibo1.jpg
85KB, 682x383px
>>52602478
>Has technology destroyed the innocence of childhood and imagination?

nope!
>>
Because they are humans and crave information.
>>
File: 1453499647077.png (1001KB, 955x957px) Image search: [Google]
1453499647077.png
1001KB, 955x957px
>>
>>52603938
this.

i don't know why bullying is being romanticized now. why the fuck shouldn't some asshole with junkie parents not be charged for assault when he decides to chimp out?
>>
>>52602770
Yes if you overcome it.

You can use it to better you, or make you worse.

Most kids do not have that mental conviction to turn shit into fertilizer.
>>
>>52602770
All bullying teaches to children is that might is right and that people may not come to help you when you need it. This causes them to grow up thinking that if they don't integrate and behave similar to everyone else, they will be punished for it. You saying "fuck off fag" shows how well you play into this method of control.
I'm glad people like you are dying out because women don't want to breed with knuckle-draggers.
>>
>>52602544
A lot of kids probably live in some shitty suburb or city where there are no "adventures in the woods."
>>
>>52602717
Oh fuck off and kill yourself
>>
>>52602478
>All they want now is smartphones and computers and Xbones. Has technology destroyed the innocence of childhood and imagination?
Get a hobby and fuck off, dad.
Technology has always been interesting to many people. Which is why arcades were always fuckfull of people when they first arrived. Naturally the average parent wasn't rockafella rich so they couldn't get their kids arcade machines for their bedroom and quite frankly a mighty man action figure was a fuckton cheaper and had to do. There was no alternative.

Since now a crappy pc that runs most games kids play (assuming their parents aren't stupidly moronic about being gunnuts and get their infants modern warfare or some shit) only costs like twice what a fucking mighty man was back then, obviously the kids are going to play games on the pc. Which is fucking grand. Let the kids play on the pc. Let them learn how to handle a pc and teach them how to internet. Not only will they have fun but they will also shut the fuck up for once in their life.

So now, gramps. What exactly is bad about being interested in technology? It's always been like that so stop acting like "in muh childhood i was wrestling with wolfs in the forest and all kids do nowadays is having fun without running the risk of fucking dying" for fucks sake
>>
>>52604027

Because that poster is probably thinks that because he turned out to be a jaded faggot posting on a board for manchildren to argue about GPUs it's okay
>>
>>52602478
Maybe, I dont know though, when I was growing up I had battlefront and some pretty good toys, but I still ran around the woods with a stick with me mates, playing soldiers and that.
So I dont know, do kids just not ever play outside anymore. I dont have kids so I wouldnt know, but my guess is they still would, maybe just not as much
>>
>>52604208

Suck my dick you little faggot.
>>
>>52604087
Then its up to the parents to I don't know, maybe make a trip with them outside the burbs/city every once in a while? You never did any or what?
>>
I bullied this faggot and he is now living a more successful life than me. Bullying builds up a man in a boy.
>>
>>52604286
>What exactly is bad about being interested in technology?
Who the hell said anything about technology? It's about them sitting in front of a screen every waking hour they aren't in school or in bed.

>"in muh childhood i was wrestling with wolfs in the forest and all kids do nowadays is having fun without running the risk of fucking dying"
Every single psychologist will tell you it's healthier for a kid to work and build its imagination by playing outside or with stuff like legos/puppets for enjoyment while their minds are still malleable, versus getting all their entertainment prepackaged.
>>
ITT: /g/ drifting off from technology to whether or not bullying is good

Fuck off you lot. You're no psychologist. Stay on the fucking topic and talk about technology you idiots.
>>
>>52602478
Oh they still play with toys. I've been asked to spend too much money on that goddamn Skylanders fucking bullshit. It's already a videogame why the fuck do they need these fucking figures too t pisses me the fuck off.

Those things are far more expensive than they have any right to be.
>>
>>52604417

HAHAHA KILL YOURSELF NOT ONLY IS HIS MORE SUCCESSFUL YOU WASTE YOUR TIME ON 4CHAN

HOLY FUCK LOL

>>52604474

Oh shut the fuck up, /g/ is complete garbage shit now.
>>
File: yadanaaa.jpg (65KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
yadanaaa.jpg
65KB, 1280x720px
>>52604520

Stop! N-no bullying, captain obvious!
>>
Why is it that the technology deprived/less technology in general generations are considered so much better? Sure they weren't s accepting, but at least they new the alue of working hard, what the value of money is, and, most of all layed the groundwork for the newer generations to work less. If anything blame older generations for wnting the future to be easier. Not technology.
>>
>>52602724
>secret base
My friends and I found a small shack in a field. We would shoot bottle rockets at each other inside the shack, and set off smoke bombs and see who could stay in there the longest. Finally we just burned it down. Christ kids these days will never know that kind of freedom.
>>
>>52604467
>Every single psychologist will tell you it's healthier for a kid to work and build its imagination by playing outside or with stuff like legos/puppets for enjoyment while their minds are still malleable, versus getting all their entertainment prepackaged.

As a parent you need to be aware of your child's needs. If he only ever watches TV or game streams or other mindless bullshit, it is good to offer more constructive alternatives. You should offer to travel to various places; even if it's in town kids like to see new things. However, I got into writing macros (which lead to my current career) because I played MMOs. If I hadn't been staring at my computer screen all day, I might not have ever even started programming. So it's not "playing outside or with toys" vs "getting all your entertainment prepackaged." There's a lot of different ways kids can use technology.
>>
>>52604467
>Who the hell said anything about technology? It's about them sitting in front of a screen every waking hour they aren't in school or in bed.

>has technology destroyed the innocence of childhood

>who said anything about technology?
Get yourself sorted out, gramps.

I played with toys until I was 7 when I got my first gameboy. Playing games made me creative enough to make animations and later games. I do literally NOTHING else besides eating, sleeping or shitting, than sitting behind a screen and I have been ever since I got my first pc. Did it steal my creativity? Fuck no it offered me amazing ways for it to manifest. Did it steal my innocence? Fuck no what the fuck does that even mean. I personally am not fond of being outside much. I don't condemn people who do like it, more power to you. But I don't. A pc was a fucking godsent for me and many people like me. Now if you say a psychologist will say I could have turned out better at what I do if I played in the yard more. Fuck it. I don't care, really. I make good money and I absolutely love what I do. That's more than 80% of all the people in the fucking world can say about their life.

>Every single psychologist will tell you it's healthier for a kid to work and build its imagination by playing outside or with stuff like legos/puppets for enjoyment while their minds are still malleable, versus getting all their entertainment prepackaged.
Prepackaged huh. So like books? Sure you paint your own picture in your mind but literally every characteristic of every character and scenery is described in almost all top selling books. Not much creativity needed to think of a blue paper when you're told to do so, is there.
Don't get me wrong. I think books are fantastic. I also think lego is fantastic. But I don't condemn pcs because why the hell would I. Good games allow you to do practically anything. Make your own scenarios in them why the fuck not. Just idle and fuck about.
>>
>>52602478
Honestly the only thing that worries me is that one day I'll become old and out of touch and be complaining about kids not doing things the way I did when i was young.

I mean, fuck, look through half the threads here, people are always complaining about cloud computing and the world is already leaving these people behind.
>>
>>52604385
Okay, but you can't do that all the time.
>>
>>52604836
Who the shit cares? Unless you live in the countryside, there is no way. And not every person in the world can live there. And not every kid needs to have adventures in the woods all day every day. What's your fucking point goddamnit
>>
>>52604871
So why are you whining about kids playing videogames exactly? How do you know they never go out once in a while and fool around with friends.
>>
>>52604908
Sorry mate, I don't think I'm the guy you think I am. It was difficult to follow this conversation because it made no fucking sense
>>
>>52603495
Nah fuck you

I still hold grudges against what people did to me in high school. They were old enough to know right from wrong. They knew well and truely what they were doing.

I'll hate them for the rest of their lives for what they put me through.
>>
>>52605167
>being a pussy
you deserve it, lol
>>
>>52605167
You're a genuine retard.
He's not he one suffering. She is you blind fucking twat
>a dude nicked my wallet twice in school and now I laugh at people commiting suicide because the guy who nicked from me is her dad
>shows him lol

You deserve to be bullied still you worthless wanker.
>>
>>52603959
b-but nintendo average consumer age is 30
>>
>>52603462
>comparing video games to sports
Video games have a learning curve that is way smaller than that of sports, and you don't have to be in any good physical condition to play them.
>>
>>52605167
Dylan and/or Eric pls go.
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.