[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I add a hdd to a mb with no header? Where do I buy one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: 20160104_133242.jpg (1MB, 2976x2976px) Image search: [Google]
20160104_133242.jpg
1MB, 2976x2976px
How can I add a hdd to a mb with no header? Where do I buy one and I guess I just solder it on? Please help.
>>
install gentoo
>>
You see all those other unpopulated solder pads? Yeah you're going to need all those components as well. This is not really a feasible way to add a disk at all.
>>
>>52537904
Which ones do I need? This bullshit laptop didn't come with a hdd it came with an SD. I thought it was a fucking ssd. And I tried installing Linux on it but it fucked up the windows partition and when I try to install anything it says the drive is locked. What the fuck do I do??? Dell curry fucks couldn't help for shit and apparently I was talking to the head tech.
>>
Can't I just solder a flex cable to the mobo
>>
>>52537851
You could try putting in an ssd in the pci express slot ( usually where the wifi adapter is )
>>
It EMMC flash drive. How to unfuck?
>>
>>52537851
Doesn't even look like a sata connector. It has 12 pins.
Probably some kind of card slot.
>>
I'm returning this shit to best buy. Can I at least get store credit or something if I got receipt even though it's passed their warranty?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1447101616435.jpg (32KB, 620x810px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1447101616435.jpg
32KB, 620x810px
>>52538287
*past
>>
>>52538287
you're fucked.
reinstall windows on the emmc.
>>
>>52538341
Idk how to I tried everything I knew how.
>>
>>52538350
install vista
>>
>>52538361
You know what u fucking flaming homo.... That's not that bad of an idea. Then I can try to upgrade to win10 will try this.
>>
>boot Linux off flash drive
>open terminal
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sda bs=4m

This should write zeros to the emmc until its full, and if I'm right, should remove the lock.
>>
>>52538470
Any distribution?
>>
>>52538002
Wait, SD? As in, SD card?
>>
>>52538478
Yes.
And if it can't find /dev/sda then it means that the emmc is just on a different block file
If so
ls /dev/sd*

And post results
>>
>>52538500
EMMC
>>
>>52538513
Not home ATM. Have to try this tomorrow. Any guides to this?
>>
>>52538527
Had a similar issue with an odroid with an emmc and it got locked, the only way to toggle the lock off was to write over the whole thing with zeros and start over. Take note that dd does not have a status output by default and the terminal will appear to hang while it dds the zeros to the emmc. Go watch a movie, it will take a while. There may be a guide, but I discovered that brute force solution by myself.
>>
>>52538577
I will try this as soon as I can thank you.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.