[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i need a bit of help here guys. >notice a couple artifacts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: P_500.jpg (34KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
P_500.jpg
34KB, 500x500px
i need a bit of help here guys.

>notice a couple artifacts on my screen
>ignore it and continue playing vidya
>screen starts to crash over and over
>figure my graphics card is about to die
>remove it to see the damage
>nothing out of the ordinary
>must be just getting old
>decide to plug it back in
>boot starts with no signal then a BSOD
>can't get it running again

what do i do guys? pic related my card
>>
>>52537255
Find someone to try reflowing it for you, may or may not fix it.
>>
File: 1446737408350.png (547KB, 425x500px) Image search: [Google]
1446737408350.png
547KB, 425x500px
>>52537255
uninstall drivers fully shut down and restart reinstall drivers..if its still there. get new card.
>>
>>52537255
get a new GPU

/thread

>>52537485
Not worth the effort unless someone owes OP a favor.
>>
Dude just do a clean install of your drivers.
>>
>>52537255
BSOD isn't a graphics card issue, it would just switch to integrated graphics

Sounds like bad RAM to me
>>
>>52537592
this whole boot issue only started when i removed the graphics card though
>>
>>52537592
If the graphics driver crashes, it could totally cause a BSOD.
>>
>>52537707
uninstall the drivers for your GPU while booted into integrated graphics, reboot with the card plugged in and see what happens

If it gives BSOD again your card might be totally toast
>>
do a ram test
>>
>>52537255
Take the cooler off. And bake at 250 deg c for 15 minutes. Middle rack.
>>
>>52537592
>>52537734
>Implying everyone has integrated graphics
Kill yourself
>>
>>52537555
>>52537734
This worked

Thanks guys but it's still crashing after playing some vidya
>>
Card is fucked OP, buy a new one.
>>
>>52537858
What the hell

It went back to blue screening after i installed the drivers
>>
>>52537927
Seems like its blue screening whenever an nvidia driver is installed and is rebooted
>>
Well, considering that the gpu shown looks to be a bit older I would have to say that you may have a few dying RAM dimms. If you are running Windows 10 you may be even more prone to RAM sensitivities (personal experience). Best I could say is cycle through your RAM dimms and try them in different slots too. Hope I helped in any way bubs :)
>>
>>52537927
reapply the thermal paste, just be careful. google a video. I had to reapply the paste on both my cpu and gpu recently. Fixed all of my issues, runs like new again.
>>
Nvidia cards don't have bad drivers and bad cards
Nice false flag, pajeesh
>>
>>52538348
Holy shit, the same happened to me with my 280x
You can use it normally with Windows basic drivers and in safe mode, right? Will it BSOD with a video_tdr something when you try to install drivers?
>>
>>52537255
Order a cheap GPU or borrow one from a friend, if it works perfectly then return it and get a GPU that you want.
>>
>>52537255
>Asus
That was your first mistake.
>>
>>52538600
Pretty much

Tried installing an older driver and it's still bsod.

Any idea?
>>
>>52539162
Looks like we are in the same boat, then.
I've even tried to run the gpu on my brother's PC, but it just turned on and got a black screen after windows load screen.

All I can think now is to try the oven thing since my gpu isn't covered at warranty anymore (fuck you, MSI, next time I'm getting an EVGA)
>>
>>52537927
Basically confirmation that the card is fucked. Without drivers the load on it is extremely low, as it can't be utilised properly. When you install the drivers, proper load can be placed on the card. If it's failing straight away after doing that, it's done for.
>>
>>52538940

whats wrong with asus?
>>
>>52539645
Nothing, he's probably an Assrock fanboy.
>>
Remember using display driver uninstaller.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.