[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm going to completely go off the grid. Ways to do this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

File: aliens-like-us-image.jpg (17KB, 575x247px) Image search: [Google]
aliens-like-us-image.jpg
17KB, 575x247px
I'm going to completely go off the grid.
Ways to do this?

Have a virtual machine, running linux ubuntu. encrypted HDD, encrypted the OS

Web browser running Firefox
Going to buy a VPN outside the US and use the VPN to connect to TOR network

Also want a way to leave no digital fingerprint on my andriod s6 but not sure how to go about this? I have a firewall that blocks all incoming/outgoing connections but I know Google is a huge bot net. Impossible?

TL;DR
Fighting against data mining, NSA and surveillance from ISP, ways to accomplish this as your entire life depended on it, hypothetically
>>
You can't use a cell phone at all and be off-the-grid. Your telco and thus the NSA has permanent root on every baseband on their network.
>>
it also depends on how hard they are looking for you
>>
Just go live in a cabin in the woods without internet or phone access.
>>
sent to the NSA ;^)
>>
>>52536288

Makes sense..damn

>>52536351
Assuming they are..am I fucked?
>>
>Internet access
>off the grid
pick one faggot
>>
>gonna go off the grid
>gonna buy an internet connection to 4chan
:^)
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (35KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
35KB, 1280x720px
>>52536243
>"I'm going to completely go off the grid."
>still insists on using the internet
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-09-20-50-13.png (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-09-20-50-13.png
1MB, 1440x2560px
>>52536739
>>52536757
>>52536763

You mean in this day in age there's no possible way to go online without bieng tracked. Impossible
>>
>>52536243
Literally just stay off the internet, get rid of cell phone.
You can still use a computer but if you need to use the internet, make a run into town, do a dump of anything you've done that you feel you need to post online, and download any new articles, books, whatever that you'd want to bring back.
>>
>>52536873
Go to starbucks or go to jail.
>>
>>52536243
One person removing themselves from technology isn't really a fight, you'll just be the neighborhood wackjob and end up working at a Walmart without benefits for the rest of your life
>>
>>52536288
what about buying an use phone from a flea market and getting a pay as you go chip with topups bought with cash only?

Yeah, they can track phone but won't know how the owner is
>>
>>52536873
wow thats pretty racist

such a fucktard
>>
>>52538213
Thread derailed
>>
>going off the grid
>using tor
>staying away from the NSA

righhhhhhht
>>
File: 4CNjzIw.gif (841KB, 293x251px) Image search: [Google]
4CNjzIw.gif
841KB, 293x251px
>>
>>52538358
Is that Terry A. Davis?
>>
>>52536243
>Have a virtual machine, running linux ubuntu. encrypted HDD, encrypted the OS
That isn't going off the grid m8.
>Ubuntu

>Web browser running Firefox
What? your web browser runs a web browser? that's pretty retarded senpai.

>TOR
Compromised.

>Android
Compromised

>Fighting against data mining, NSA and surveillance from ISP, ways to accomplish this as your entire life depended on it, hypothetically
Fighting against it will only make you way more noticeable.
Better to blend in with the rest desu senpai.
>>
/nsa/
Also, it's not about being invisible, but hiding in plain sight.
>>
>>52538213
Where the fuck do you think we are?
>>
>>52536243
>ubuntu

We've been over this. Use windows if you want to blend in.
>>
>>52538454
Just change your user agent senpai.
>>
>>52536243
>move to the russian woods or africa or some shit
>dont use technology
your set.
>>
>>52538405
Yes. But I don't know who that is
>>
what services do you use online op ?
>>
>>52538501

OP here time warner cable, why you ask?
As to everyone else jesus your horrible. Hiding in plain sight is NOT an option.
>>
>>52536724
What did you do? I might be able to recommend some things.
>>
>>52536288
> Track your family member
> Find they have been texting/calling you
> Track from there
> Done
>>
Move in with Edward Snowden
>>
Pay for PIA with a Walmart giftcard so even they don't know who you are.
>>
root android, remove gapps
dont use commercial services online
install firewall on laptop
dont talk to people via gmail or google

ditch a phone, use voip
>>
>>52536243
>I'm going to completely go off the grid.
if you don't know how and you have to ask on an image board you're not
>>
>>52536873
>asks for help
>tells everyone they're wrong
ok buddy
>>
>>52536243
Unplug man, you can borrow internet or go to shops with free WiFi if you really need a download of a cached page or a DVD burnt.
>>
>>52536243
If by 'off the grid' you mean 'use my computer and internet more privately and securely', then there's still a lot you can do.

Use Qubes OS. Don't use proprietary software. Use a VPN not based in a 5 eyes country. Cryptostorm is a good one, based in Iceland and fast. Use a browser that's common if you want to blend in but block java script, use https, self destructung cookies, all that stuff. Use an agent switcher to disguise yourself as a normal person. Route through Tor. Encrypt your ass off. Use a VPS. Look for an independent IPS if you can but you're still giving out your address and stuff, stealing internet might be your best bet. Idk, there's a ton of stuff other than that you can do to help as far as desk/laptops go but a phone is going to be tough. Prepaid burners are safest in your case.

Live in a van with a generator, move around and crack people's wifi. Or just go live in a cabin and live off the land, what 'off the grid' actually means. Read the 'Shadowliving' doc if you want to stay in a more urban area, it might be a bit dated now though.
>>
>>52538425
>TOR is compromised
>Source
>>
>>52536243
Wanna go off the grid?

Build a Farm.
Don't use a bank.
Don't own any device other then mechanical powered or that uses simple eletrical resistances,
And build a clock without chips.
>>
>>52538445
>Where the fuck do you think we are?
This is the single shittiest comment that everyone makes to justify shitposting. But to answer your question, one might have the impression to be in technology board.
>>
>>52536243
>find a remote cell tower
>maybe find a way of hooking up to the system
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Base_station_subsystem
>free internet,anonymously
or maybe iam full of shit
>>
>>52546781
(not op) I've always been interested in this just plugging yourself in to the system as it is, or hijacking somehow. No idea how, though.
>>
File: 670px-Cell-phone-jammer-scheme.jpg (36KB, 670x329px) Image search: [Google]
670px-Cell-phone-jammer-scheme.jpg
36KB, 670x329px
>>52546878
it could be classed as an act of errorism if the powers in you country so choose to do so.
messing with telecommunications .....you wouldnt download a cell tower....
>>
>>52536288
This, there's a reason why Stallman hates them so much. See also: https://blog.kaspersky.com/art-making-anonymous-calls/8225/
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.