[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: index.png (3KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
index.png
3KB, 225x225px
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as "the only real Dev language" is in fact, the Node.JS runtime environment or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, Node+JS. Node is not a language unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning JavaScript runtime made useful by the JavaScript core syntax, parser utilities and vital language components comprising a full Dev language as defined by Alan Turing and his great descendant Steve Jobs.

Many computer users run a modified version of the Node runtime in their browsers every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of JavaScript which is widely used on servers today is often simply called "Node.JS" and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the JavaScript language, developed by Netscape. There really is a Node, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the Dev language they use.

Node is the runtime, the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the JavaScript commands that you run. The runtime is an essential part of a Dev language, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete Dev language. Node is used in combination with the JavaScript programming language: the whole system is basically JavaScript with Node added, or Node.JS. This so-called "only real Dev language" is really just a distribution of JavaScript.
>>
Oh boy. Here we go....

Who wants to shit on Java first? Ready? GO!!!
>>
>>52529575
All hail the saviour of modern computing
>>
If you scroll OP's pic up & down fast it looks like a cube.
>>
node.js is a SJW meme.
>>
>>52529995
I can confirm this
>>
>>52529575
People who shitpost about Node.JS and it being "the only real dev language" are generally from Hackathon Hackers and should kill themselves, you're no exception to this rule.

Please end your life immediately. If you'd like any tips or advice on how to do so, I can post some helpful infopics.
>>
>>52529872
Why would anyone mix Java into the conversation? Java is to Javascript like 'pine' is to 'pineal gland' or like 'car' is to 'carbine rifle'.
>>
>>52530193
Node > whatever nonsense you learned in your CS course
>>
>>52530069
Ugh, it's true.
>>
>>52530069
Please, go back to school if you don't have anything useful to say. I'm sick of /g/ turning into a smartphone/macfag/muhbotnet wiener fest all the time instead of rational discussions.
>inb4 /g/ has always been shit
since you were born, yes, thanks.

>inb4 go back to ur reddit XD
everyone uses reddit!
>>
>>52530406
>everyone uses reddit!

I don't. Go back to reddit.
>>
>>52529575
Js+ node is more like it
>>
>>52530438
what other sites do you visit frequently senpai?
>>
>>52530707
tumblr and furfinity
>>
>>52529575
>>52529575

>Node is the runtime, the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the JavaScript commands that you run. The runtime is an essential part of a Dev language, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete Dev language.
You mean libuv
>>
>>52530707
reddit
>>
>>52530406
>redditor SJW čuck gets outed
>assmad mode engaged
>>
I don't get why Node and modern Javascript development isn't more popular here on /g/ it's basically writing shitty configuration files over and over again and only have time left for TodoMVCs, the FizzBuzz of the hipsters.
>>
Node is a tool and it has pros and cons. One of the cons is that the language it's based on has fundamental design issues, but the pros- productivity, widespread support, ease of deployment, relatively high performance, etc- tend to outweigh this for many use cases.

As a freelance webdev who also has experience in several statically typed languages, I find myself using it more and more for those reasons.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.