[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ stupid questions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: vim-cheat-sheet-en.png (541KB, 1694x998px) Image search: [Google]
vim-cheat-sheet-en.png
541KB, 1694x998px
Are there any cheap SSDs on sale?
>>
>>52524670
850 evo is pretty reasonable, but you can get much more space with just a normal HDD cheaper

I'm either seeing some diminishing returns or my mobo is a bit old SATA wise. Go check out Sandisk too
>>
>>52524670
OCZ Triton, Sandisk Ultra II
>>52524690
>Samsung
>cheap
>>
Alright I have a stupid question.

I tried to be /g/ and help a friend and recommended them CCleanUp to remove cookies and cache data, a week later they call me and said that CCleanUp all all their HD Space. I'm assuming he used Wipe Free Space.

Does he need to buy a all new HD or can he just reinstall his OS?
>>
>>52524670
kingston v300
>>
>>52524670
>>52525739
http://www.amazon.com/Kingston-Digital-SSDNow-SV300S37A-120G/dp/B00A1ZTZOG
>>
>place macbook retina 13" on desk
>accidental screen crack
>have to hook it up to my TV to work
Any advice lads?
>>
>>52525771
Yeah. Stop buying overpriced products that have shit build quality.
>>
My zenbook has enough power, but too small of a screen (13"). What for a big, portable screen with attached keyboard, but no "insides" - no need to pay for that since I can just attach it to a laptop/phone/tower.
>>
>>52525863
I want to make this thing last just a while so I can get a thinkpad and hopefully not have to worry about hardware damages ever again. Any other constructive criticism would be great tho senpai.
>>
>>52525919
What advice do you want? You gotta change the screen or keep using the TV. I wouldn't change the screen though myself as you can have this shit happen again. Or you could buy a new screen then sell it. Or just sell parts.
>>
File: firefox v1.png (72KB, 691x691px) Image search: [Google]
firefox v1.png
72KB, 691x691px
Why is everyone saying Firefox is dead? What is Mozilla changing that's apparently a deal breaker?
>>
Would a b 770 be an upgrade from a 7870? Found a gigabyte 770 for 100 local
>>
I'm looking for an upgrade to my Asus T100. Can someone recommend me the best lightweight, under 13" hybrid Laptop/Tablet for around £500/$600? Really I just want something with a touchscreen.
I'm leaning towards the Lenovo Yoga 700 because it's fanless and shit and won't warm up my lap whilst I'm using it but just wondering if the performance might be a bit shit as a result. I could live with it if it's not too bad, it uses a Core M3-6y30 processor. Not really a fan of the Surface and after something that can handle the occasional more intensive task
>>
>>52526651
Of course
>>
>>52526816
Would it be worth it to pick it up on CL for 100?
>>
>>52525750
>>52525739

Avoid the v300 like the plague. Probably the only SSD not recommended right now.
>>
Can I boot into Memtest on an old DOS-era machine?
I'm unsure if the architecture will be a problem but I think there's something wrong with the RAM, and I need to decide if I should just wait until the machine has some downtime in a few days to run a test, or just try to dig up a new stick somewhere and wait for it to ship here
>>
>>52527170
yes
http://www.memtest.org/#downiso

pretty sure it works on anything 386 and up
>>
>>52525919
i own various thinkpads and macbooks:
built quality is similar, repair of thinkpad is cheaper.
source: fixed electronics for a living, ex apple genius, has fixed shit from every manufacturer under the sun

whatever you did to your mac would kill a thinkpad screen too

fucking retards
>>
>>52526228
because of market share.

why did it drop so hard?
because mozilla has feature creep (lol pocket integration), bad habit of not fixing bugs.
puts ressources to change UI when other thingsare more important.

chrome just werks
ie is not a megaton shitpile anymore (tbd)
even safari on windows has fans (but not important)
>>
>>52527258
Awesome
>Pre-compiled package for Floppy
Oh man, time to make some magic happen. We've got this machine jerry-rigged with a floppy to USB drive with a networked flashdrive attached managed by our server to mimic a floppy format
The fact that this thing ever works is a miracle in and of itself
>>
>>52524670
Already posted this question in the other thread but that's what you get for making two threads:
I study CS, and I have to take this computer engineering class. Right now it's basically just the basics of electrical engineering, ya know like Ohm's law, AC circuits and DC Circuits and all that.
I was okay at high school physics. I enjoyed Mechanics and got an A in that, then kinda slacked at electronics and got a C, and got better again in basics of nuclear physics and basics of relativity. But anyway,
is there any website that explains the basics of computer/electrical engineering for retards? Like literally for retards?
>>
>>52528685
Try downloading this book:
Electric Circuits by James W. Nilsson & Susan Riedel. Helped me pass electrical engnieering with no pre-knowledge. What exactly do you need when you say computer engineering?
>>
How effective is sound dampening foam against coil whine?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.