[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Linux in charge of being secure https://www.rt.com/usa

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2

File: linux user.jpg (200KB, 696x720px) Image search: [Google]
linux user.jpg
200KB, 696x720px
>Linux in charge of being secure

https://www.rt.com/usa/329512-linux-security-flaw-millions-risk/
>>
>>52522347
>meanwhile an hour later everyone is patched
Nice try wincuck.
>>
>>52522374
And all Loonix users get this update right? :^)
>>
>>52522374
>Been a flaw for 3 years

How many more have they missed lincuck?
>>
>>52522347
Do you even know what you are talking about? Grsec or Selinux both prevent this vulnerability anyway, and anyone who is running Linux in a security critical environment without that is stupid anyway.

Good thing windows doesn't have any outstanding security bugs or privilege escalation vulnerabilities
>oh wait
>Golden Tickets
>Users will ALWAYS click Yes on UAC prompts
>autists disable UAC anyway
>a million other unpatched vulns and security holes that will never be found because not open source.
>>
>>52522347
>>52522429
Plus, you already need local account access to exploit it anyway.

OP confirmed retarded, copy pasting headlines withought know wtf he is talking about.
>>
Linux is not meant to be secure. It is an operating systemâ„¢ for kiddies so they can grow up and be good with OSX or Windows.
>>
>>52522374
you mean an hour later a patch came out. maybe after a few days of googling and 57 commands typed into console you will get an obscure error message telling you the patch failed.
>>
You get what you pay for

With linux you pay nothing
What do you get?
Nothing. :)
>>
>>52522504
What is

>sudo dnf update
>sudo apt-get update
>sudo pacman -S

So hard, I can see why this is beyond your ability anon. Don't ever try to do anything with computers ever again, it's obviously beyond you.
>>
>Discovery of what is identified as CVE-2016-0728 was made by Israeli defense startup Perception Point
>Israeli

Nice try Shlomo
>>
>>52522520
I get paid to work on linux boxes kiddo. Anyone who would use that shit for free needs their head examined.
>>
>>52522374
>get the patch
>install the patch
>os breaks
>have to reinstall again
kekers
>>
>>52522543
It's pretty easy to fuck up if you don't know what you are doing, but lot's of modern desktop distros provide a really good experience. For programming, Linux beats the hell that is windows by a mile, in any language other than C#/.NET. You've obviously never wanted to do something so difficult though.
>>
>>52522543
Desktop distros come with easy graphical updaters nowadays you know.
>>
>>52522543
>>52522504
>after a few days of googling and 57 commands typed into console you will get an obscure error message telling you the patch failed.

Nah, you don't. You don't even know how upgrading the kernel works.
>>
Linux have tons of Security features. Despite this they can't do much if People have a bit of sense and encrypt their shit. (which is a included feature on Linux installs)

>>52522402
Yes, it's not like you have to restart the server. It's not a Windows system and do not require downtime when updating most of the time. no reason why they would not update
>>
>>52522347
>meanwhile
OS X and Windows cucks would never even know about this for years.

Literally just a testament to how well the open source community works
>>
>>52522547

every distro since forever lists previous kernels in grub as well as offers a recovery mode, and if you *completely* fucked everything up you can chroot into your install from a working liveusb and fix everything without having to reinstall

nice bait, wincuck, but maybe learn a little about what you're talking shit about
>>
>>52522347
>fully free and open source
>people expecting it to be better than paid softwarein not saying Linux is bad, but because it's free you fucks should go a little easier on the devs behind it.
>>
File: 1438519034301.png (208KB, 814x1685px) Image search: [Google]
1438519034301.png
208KB, 814x1685px
Script kiddie OS is insecure.

Surprising.
>>
Has anyone been able to get the exploit to work? Has Been running for about 30 minutes already, no result so far.

$ keyctl newring a @us
$ keyctl show
Session Keyring
763555855 --alswrv 1000 -1 keyring: _uid_ses.1000
1974524 --alswrv 1000 -1 \_ keyring: _uid.1000
69338093 --alswrv 1000 1000 \_ keyring: a
$ gcc a.c -o cve_2016_0728 -lkeyutils -Wall
$ ./cve_2016_0728 a
uid=1000, euid=1000
Increfing...
>>
people act like if an open source OS was popular it'd be "more secure" because "more people could look at the source code and fix bugs" completely ignoring the fact the smartest people would just exploit the fact that it's easier to find vulnerabilities faster and there's no obligation to tell anyone
>>
>linux

Oh no, does this mean that hackers have access to the source code for my roguelike I've been working on for the past 30 years?
>>
>>52522731
It needs there to be a admin account on the ad
>>
Windows has the same issues, but the source is closed so how the fuck would you even know until some guy discovers a 0-day exploit and ruins everyone's day with it?
>>
>>52523135
Wait, what? Ad?
>>
>>52522347
That razer laptop is making me triggered.
>>
Looks like 1% market share is the best things are gonna get for the freetard basement dwelling dicksuckerinos :^)

It's all downhill from here, the gig is up. Everyone knows how vulnerable linux is.
>>
>>52522347
>FFMpeg Vulnerability detected
>Linux
pacman -Syu
>Windows
Update Foobar2000,Windows update,KCP,literally everything that uses FFmPeg that is everything that uses multimedia

Days before there was a ffmpeg thread and some wincuck posted this and got BTFO
>>
>>52522347
Already patched on Arch :^)
>>
>>52523396
Make them apologize for finding a security flaw in Linux!

Next time they should keep it secret right?

Dumbfuck
>>
>>52523442
Oy vey, sorry master I'm just a silly goy!
>>
>>52523458
Yes you are, other goys are smarter than you
>>
>>52522512
I get a very secure operating systems. We not only have firewalls, we have file permissive mode, file permission limits, file access limits.

You can block a server from accessing a file. You can block all users, only allow system process to access files.

You get a shit load of security compared to windows.

btw windows automates UAC and promots the user to accept more then one trigger at once.
You never see this since you do not understand the windows security shit.
>>
>>52522547
I patch my system every two days. 13 updates, zero breakages.
>>
>>52522547
What the fuck are you on about.

Get educated you salty window user.
>>
>>52522695
>Full market monopoly
>Most targeted system
>Reported 10 zero days over a year is reported
>Remote code execution is common
>Simple firewall security (The only thing the user can configure to restrict threads)

>Most popular system
>Not used in the most security restricted, critical applications needed environments on the entire planet.
>Linux has security issue

I am fucking done.

Be sure to tell the DoD, main channel ISP filters, and all the owners of servers that run Apache, that their software is not secured and that they should use windows.
>>
>>52523537
I have used mine with 5 day updates for 7 years.
>>
>>52522547
Sorry, I am not a retard and use arch.

Nice bait though. I think you could do better buttercup
>>
>>52522415
how many secret windows secure flaws are there?

OH WAIT they are hidden by the proprietary code and license and are unknown until it will start to effect the masses
>>
>>52523694
>OH WAIT they are hidden by the proprietary code and license and are unknown until it will start to effect the masses

They're actually published as security bulletins as required by law m8
>>
>rt.com
eat a dick, Ivan
>>
>>52523694
>will start to affect the masses
Fixed.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.