[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
First day at work
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: manager.jpg (55 KB, 640x425) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
manager.jpg
55 KB, 640x425
>first day at work
>orientation
>managers come and take their new team members
>except mine doesn't come
>another manager takes me to him
>he doesnt even make eye contact with me
>he takes me out for lunch
>talks with other sanjeets more than with me
>i try to sound energetic and engage him in a convo
>"hmm sure" x 99
>other new hires are meeting their team members and getting settled with fancy hardware their managers purchased with company money
>i get a broken monitor and don't get to meet with team
>send him email about how excited i am to work with him and that i look forward to meeting with the team
>no response
>still dont know when to show up, when the meeting is, if there is a meeting at all

So /g/, I think I got stuck with one of the worst managers in NA. How were your first days at work?
>>
He's planning on replacing you with sanjeet and pocketing the difference in pay.

Better start looking for another job.
>>
warning signs:
>if the manager is not stereotypically overenthusiastic
>if you get a pile of broken garbage instead of the tools needed to do your job
>>
you're autistic, what kind of treatment did you expect?

it really shows, you know.
>>
Can we have some interesting fact about manager some "warning signs" or how to manage your manager ?
>>
Oh man I need to share my story

> FIrst day of work
> Meet my boss
> no nonsense, no small talk.
> Dresses down another employee in front of me for his shirt being untucked
> Gives me a ton of busy work, when I turn it in, shits all over it and makes me redo it (a bunch of powershell scripts)
> Weeks go on, I start getting real work, things start getting weird
> guy basically lives in his office, face lights up when he talks about his kid, otherwise really tough on me
> treats this other dude like shit all the time.
> starts to give me all the good work, starts praising the accuracy of my time sheets. My powershell stuff gets put into production. Lets me build a server and configure the network interfaces as a tier 1 helpdesk dude. Nail it.
> we get lunch sometimes
> guy has been effectively mentoring me this whole time. get somewhat bro tier.
> Guy is fired for threatening to take down the network while he was having trouble with his wife and family
> New boss is one of the old staff, also thinks he was mistreated by this guy
> mad jealous of how bro tier I got with the guy who was fired.
> My new boss spends time rolling back everything I got by performing well for his predecessor.
> now I just do password resets, all technical work has been removed from me.

Give the cranky guy a chance, he is probably just doing his best to maintain a professional distance, but is a bit on the spectrum.
>>
Here comes my 2nd day. Hopefully he'll warm up to me more.
>>
Good luck OP.
>>
>>52526077
Offer to perform fellatio
>>
>>52527123
This
>>
>>52522047
>that first week anxiety when you wanted to kill yourself
>>
>>52522047
>i try to sound energetic and engage him in a convo
>send him email about how excited i am to work with him and that i look forward to meeting with the team
fucking hate brown nose guys like you and he probably does too
>rule #1: Just stfu
>rule #2: Fly low
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
Thread DB ID: 448336

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.