[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm going to renovate a cabin in some innawoods -tier land

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: peepopoo.png (50KB, 511x642px) Image search: [Google]
peepopoo.png
50KB, 511x642px
I'm going to renovate a cabin in some innawoods -tier land over the summer and I wanted to build a couple of motion sensor cameras (crackheads, dindus, bears, etc). Should I use a Raspberry Pi, an Arduino, or is there some kind of fancy new piece of tech I haven't heard of yet.
>>
i am testing this http://getchip.com/
>>
>>52521148
dragon dildos
>>
>>52521168
>http://getchip.com/
>June 2016
I'll keep an eye out for it, but definitely looks interesting.

>>52521181
Pretty sure dindus are attracted to large colorful objects, so the opposite of what I want
>>
>>52521219
i ordered one un Q1 2015 and i have two days with it if you want to test someting i can tell if this can run it
>>
>>52521168
ive attempted projects like this before
afaik you need to know pythong to get it to work
>>
>>52521254
Is there any software like MotionPie for it? If it's Debian based you should be able to use the 'motion' package. And do you know the max range of its Wi-Fi card?
>>
>>52521448
it have motion dection packages but i not have cam to test

it have 5m to 6m range wifi

it's a bit lame but can do the job
>>
>>52521713
Thanks anyway. Seems pretty cool. I'll probably pick a few up when it comes out just for some variety.
>>
Don't diiie
>>
It wpuld probably be cheaper to just buy dedicated hardware for it. By the time you buy the rpi, peripherals, and factor in your time, it will almost surely be cheaper to buy preconfigured hardware.
>>
>>52523524
Anything you'd recommend? I want it to be network attached as well.
>>
>>52521148
>dindus
What is that?
>>
File: rYwSFZg.jpg (47KB, 460x385px) Image search: [Google]
rYwSFZg.jpg
47KB, 460x385px
>>52523623
>>
>>52521148
If you interface an arduino to a raspberry pi, you can make the raspberry pi tell an arduino with a sim card shield to text you when someone or something is detected on the sensor
>>
>>52523690
Boy, that's funny. Haha.
>>
>get a raspi
>install Motion on it
>plug in a couple of webcams (PS3 webcams work particularly well for some reason)
>config dat shit (use google)
>config it to send you emails when a dindu tries to break in
>>
>>52521148
I've done it like this: raspberry, raspberry NoIR Camera, a simile motion sensor (the white ones with a dome shape), a board 2 relays (optoisolated, neede only one), an IR light.
Found a couple of guides online to manage the loop checking the motion sensor, then, whe motion was detected turned on the IR light And started the command to record a video.
You can also not use the relay And just leave the IR light on.
In theory you can record video/snapshots directly in the cloud by mounting it (done it with box.com). If you don't have an internet connection innawoods, surely there is something to use to send an SMS (never done that)
>>
>>52521148
Ah, i don't use motion because it seems to crash every now And then And uses too much CPU, same for the webcam. Motion sensor And raspicam is much better.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.