[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you avoid back pain while working on computers or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

File: 1427462762424.jpg (10KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1427462762424.jpg
10KB, 256x256px
How do you avoid back pain while working on computers or doing repairs?
>>
My neck is killing me right now undoubtable because of my poor posture. I feel this should be a very relateable issue on /g/
>>
>>52520151
Having an already strong back. Seriously, join a gym and squat. No more back pain.
>>
>>52520291
I just remembered it happens, spent 30 minutes disassembling a laptop on the floor because I don't have a table big enough for it. Got up a few times to get tools, but after finishing I got up and was greeted with severe stiffness.
>>
>>52520317
Can't I just do squats from home?
>>
>>52520342
Sure, do that. It will definitely help, although eventually you'll need to add resistance. A set of adjustable dumbbells will do if you'd rather not join a gym. It really works wonders for my back at least.
>>
Stop ruining your back
>>
>>52520431
How about a stick and some water jugs?

Also have a written guide for sets to do daily?
>>
Do sit ups and plank a minute at a time. Also you wont get a stitch when you run
>>
>>52520450
>>>/fit/
Read the fucking sticky
Or hire a trainer
>>
>>52520476
A routine for squat's isn't listed in there buddy. 90% of that guide is "why don't you lift!"
>>
Squats, deadlifts, stacksitting on a metal folding chair, discipline.
>>
the only ways i've found to be effective for unfucking a computer fucked back is standing, sitting in a comfy recliner, laying down or simply stop using your computer very much

sitting in a $1,000 ergonomic chair with perfect posture doesn't help, i own two
lifting doesn't solve the problem, i have a nice power rack

some problems can be helped by sitting properly but it's no cure all. some problems can be helped a fair amount by lifting but again, it it won't solve the problem

the traditional desk and chair paradigm is just a back fucker that's all there is to it. there's a reason they tell you to take frequent breaks. too bad taking frequent breaks suck ass when you're in the middle of something all the time.
>>
Zero gravity.
>>
>>52520151
Having a good office chair (not some $50-200 piece of crap) + occasional workout works.
>>
File: 12213425368.jpg (116KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
12213425368.jpg
116KB, 540x720px
>>52521543
>A routine for squat's isn't listed in there buddy
>>
I was so bad when it came to computer posture I developed aura migraines from straining my neck and back for so long.

The only thing that has helped me were frequent breaks. It could be as simple as getting a computer app, or phone app, but I prefer having it on a smartwatch so I don't end up just focusing my attention on whatever reminded me.
>>
>>52520151
Just take 2 Aleve© for all day relief™ :^)
>>
>>52520151
>>/fit/
/thread
>>
>He doesn't have a rack and bench hidden away in the server room for some late night lifts
Forever DYEL and in pain, breh.
>>
Why are everybody convinced lifting is the answer. How about some core exercises?
>>
>>52520151
>been working in datacenter for 5 years
>when I started the pain in my back and arms from moving heavy servers from one place to another was killing me
>decided to join the local gym with 3 of my coworkers
>we still work out 3 times a week
>almost bearmode
>back stopped hurting after a few months after we started
>>
>>52521964
>failed backlinking
>threading yourself
come on man, this isn't >>>/b/
>>
>>52522660
>Why are everybody convinced lifting is the answer
Because it fucking works. Squads alone will do wonders for your posture.
>>
>>52520476
Fuck you and your half assed help.

>>52520450
in the beginning everything will do the trick. You don't need weights at first. Starting with weights, unasisted will probably hurt you.
Look at youtube vids, train abs, lower back and legs. After a month you will feel a lot better.
Do stretches when you sit for longer periods, stand up and move around.
>>
>>52520151
Get some dumbells and do shoulder press exercises and squats at home. If you develop muscle around your back, that will take the strain when doing repairs instead of your spine.
>>
>>52520151
Start lifting weights every day , you cuck. If Your back gives in because it can't even handle you sitting then you are way too weak.

You have detoriorated and have become weaker than the human body is designed for. You have the back muscles of a rodent. You need to build enough muscles to be able to carry you sitting.
>>
>>52522769
fuck you for being so up your own ass that you come to a tech board looking for fitness advice, and when you get pointed in the right direction by someone knowledgable you tell them to get fucked

do you even lift bro? i'll fuck you up
>>
Avoid bending. Sit in a chair or stand and don't overly bend.
>>
Before spending big bucks, have a medical check up
>>
>>52520151
by drinking
>>
>>52522660
Lifting IS a core exercise. You can get a solid sixpack from just deadlifts and squats (at least if you do front squats which Office workers should) alone.

Lifting With proper form will likely do more to Your core back and front muscles than just situps and so on. All you really need for a full body workout are squats, deadlifts, dips, pull ups and cardio. (bench press and millitary press might also be good if you want good looking muscles, but those muscles are already covered by pullups and dips) You get a full workout and Train Your Whole body With that.
>>
>>52520151
Ibuprofen 400mg after lunch.
The real pain is pilonidal cyst.
>>
>>52520151
sit straight
start lifting
>>
>>52521543
Okay since you clearly didnt read the sticky ill spell it out for you.
Starting strength / stronglifts aka ss or sl, read it
>>
>>52520151
Install Gentoo.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.