[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kali Linux Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: 1448529648442.png (518KB, 610x401px) Image search: [Google]
1448529648442.png
518KB, 610x401px
I'm in the process of converting a stock Debian installation into a Kali by adding the relevant apt repos and installing the relevant packages. While that goes, I figured I'd open up a general discussion of Kali Linux (and its predecessor, BackTrack). Post your favorite packages, tools, tips/tricks etc.

Keep it kosher please, I don't want to hear about what you did behind 7 proxies back in the day.
>>
>converting a stock debian installation into a kali
neck yourself
>>
Let's all take a moment to laugh at OP.
Fucking spastic.
>>
File: 25552603.png (191KB, 929x937px) Image search: [Google]
25552603.png
191KB, 929x937px
>>52518394
>I'm in the process of converting a stock Debian installation into a Kali by adding the relevant apt repos and installing the relevant packages.
Why are you not installing kali, sandeep?
>>
File: questionmark.gif (23KB, 140x171px) Image search: [Google]
questionmark.gif
23KB, 140x171px
pls don't keep it kosher
i wanna know the power of Kali
>>
File: 1449162142876.jpg (26KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1449162142876.jpg
26KB, 400x400px
>>52518696
Because it's a bitch to take an existing machine and reinstall the OS, and doubly unnecessary when ~80% of the packages are the same?
>>
>>52518913
first of all you're not supposed to use kali as a daily driver, secondly just fucking install kali instead of doing this transition bullshit, do you have a mental illness?
>>
>>52518971
It's not my daily machine, it's a VM I've used for security work for quite a while. I'm just now making it a proper Kali.

Also,
>just reinstall the OS
>just recompile the kernel
You know, it's shit like this that makes neckbeards insufferable at times.
>>
I used airmon and reaver to crack my neighbors' WPA2

Good times
>>
Just so you know, kali uses a custom kernel with tweaks to make ends everything run just right and play well together. So you will need to recompile the kernel to get the same thing as kali
>>
File: 1425446122201.png (47KB, 200x194px) Image search: [Google]
1425446122201.png
47KB, 200x194px
>>52519441
I generally consider it a bad idea to shit where I eat. On the road is a different story. It's especially fun to sniff packets from open wi-fi networks and freak out the owners with it.
>>52519468
I think a lot of those changes have to do with firmware, and since the VM doesn't have direct access to the hardware anyway, that should be a non-issue.
>>
>>52519392
>taking the easy route
>being a neckbeard
pick one, your life would be easier if you had some common sense about you
>>
Is kali worth installing or should I just download the packages I need?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.