[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Don't know if this can be considered directly related to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

Don't know if this can be considered directly related to technology, but given that we all spend most of our days sitting it's appropriate to discuss chairs.

What are good budget chairs?
What chair do you have?
What chair are you planning to buy?

Planning to buy this. It's 75 pounds. What do you think, /g/?
>>
KAB Seating ACS Executive, had it for two years. Its pretty perfect, better than a couch and does not kill my back. Will probably last over 15 years in like-new condition.
>>
>>52508969
I've been thinking of buying the Markus from Ikea. I did consider one of those gaudy gay men racing car chairs, but I'd be embarrassed every time I looked at it.
>>
1999 steelcase leap from craigslist for $70.

the steelcase leap is the best chair you can buy.
>>
File: chair.jpg (163KB, 1279x1983px) Image search: [Google]
chair.jpg
163KB, 1279x1983px
If you can find them (check craigslist) a Steelcase 454 Concentrix. These were made late 1970s thru the 1980s. They have 5 stainless steel arms for the wheels on the base. Some had arms, some (the secretary version) did not. They have relatively narrow hard rubber wheels.

The last two I found went for $25/ea. Worth every penny, and then some. Best thing I've ever sat in for my back.
>>
>>52509198
>>52509134
Will look for
>>
File: Best label.jpg (443KB, 3000x2250px) Image search: [Google]
Best label.jpg
443KB, 3000x2250px
>>52508969
WARNING TO USA BUYERS:

Let's see if I can abbreviate this explanation. California law TB117 effectively forced manufacturers to put carcinogenic chemicals in your chairs for fire resistance. They spray the foam, it ends up being about a THIRD of the foam's weight, and it gets released into the air and dust you breathe over the life of the chair. In 2013, they amended the law so you don't have to poison your customers with awful untested chemicals to pass the fire resistance test. However it is easier for MOST manufacturers to keep doing this until the bulk of the industry has removed these chemicals, or presumably when they get enough guff from customers demanding they change their practices.

So, you have to be very careful buying a chair, (couch, mattress), in the USA because of this abhorrent outdated regulation TB117 that poisoned a generation and stunted the growth of millions of babies. Everyone say "thanks Cali!"

Quick tip: furniture manufactured by IKEA after JAN 2015 should be free of these chemicals. ASHLEY FURNITURE and STAPLES has pledged to phase these chemicals out of their supply chain. STAPLES carries HON brand chairs, which I can confirm do NOT SPRAY their chairs with these terrible substances. Buy smart, buy HON.

>>52509198
>70's-80's
25 bucks for cancer, not bad.
(the chemicals were even worse then than they are now)
>>
>>52508969
I have the one in OP, Malcolm, and it's pretty fucking amazing, no regrets whatsoever. However don't go for leather, your ass is going to thank you during summer.
>>
>>52509575
>>52509080
>Complies with California TB117 flammability requirements.
ah nevermind, it's only sofas and sectionals that they've stopped spraying
IKEA chairs are a no-go
>>
>>52509550
Underrated post.
>>
>>52509550

How does this get posted by some chinaman in every single chair related discussion. Buy HON btw
>>
>>52509606
UK here

>>52509575
Wait, even if you sit with pants on?
>>
File: 414Dv6m59lL.jpg (21KB, 311x500px) Image search: [Google]
414Dv6m59lL.jpg
21KB, 311x500px
comfy af
>>
>>52510383
No, it's cool with pants, but during hot summers I prefer sitting butt naked and leather feels like shit to touch with bare skin.
>>
>>52508969
I'm going to sound like a dick here.
But as you point out, you spend most of your day sitting in that fucking chair.
Don't cheap out.

I bought This one, and I could not be happier. It's high quality and it supports me even when I sit there for 12-14 hours straight. I never get sore or anything. It's not soft, but over a few hours, you can really feel that you bought a HQ chair...
http://www.needforseat.de/eu_english/shop/office-comfort/maxnomic-leader-black.php
>>
>>52510398
What is it?
>>
Does IKEA have chairs with adjustable armrests?
>>
i have no ikea within 200 miles of me and their shipping rates are unbelievably high

what do /g/?
>>
>>52512511
Wait. Can't wait for IKEA to finish building in Vegas.
>>
>>52508969
Malkolm is comfy as fuck.
>>
For computing on a desk, anything more expensive than Markus is a meme.
>>
>>52512620
Bingo.
>>
>>52510851

>not using image search
Loughborough Leather Manager Office Chair
http://www.chairoffice.co.uk/prod/1478/loughborough-leather-executive-office-chair.aspx
>>
I want a chair that rivals the comfiness of a couch chair, that has a high back, but at the same time can easily lean back. It should also be less than $200
Am I fucked?
>>
>>52508969
i've got the black malkolm, got it brand new for £15. It's a comfy chair, but i've never tried anything better than any ikea chairs so i don't know..
>>
>>52508969
It's probably really hard to move at that weight. If you really want something heavy I'd recommend an executive chair with lumbar support. They're probably like 40 pounds.
>>
>>52516088
chuckled/10
>>
File: chair.jpg (205KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
chair.jpg
205KB, 750x1000px
>>52508969
>ctrl+f aeron
>0 results
>mfw

>What are good budget chairs?
steelcase jack, $200

>What chair do you have?
pic related

>What chair are you planning to buy?
herman miller mirra, for my second desk
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.