[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
/spa/ Smartphone Advice General
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5
A place to collect every thread with smartphone questions

Ask other anons for advices and experiences with smartphones
---
>>52493703
>>
>>52508519
What's a good sub $300 5.5 inch device
(Not Idol 3, not zenfone)
I'm trying to find an unlocked phone for a family memeber but their basic requirements is no Chinese shit and needs to work with us 4g but i can't find anything. Unlocked g3 fits the bill but international version doesn't have us lte bands
>>
>>52508631
Unlocked G3 D850? Using one on T-mobile right now, picks up LTE just fine. Bought for $250 new last summer. Even cheaper now on ebay.
>>
What should I go with between a One Plus One and a Zenfone 2? Interested in CyanogenMod/MIUI.

As far as I can tell there isn't anything out from MIUI for Zf2.
>>
>>52508994
why not one plus x?
>>
>>52508519
Should I switch from a M9 to the G4 or should I just wait for a better phone to come out?
>>
File: 90s.jpg (75 KB, 640x610) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
90s.jpg
75 KB, 640x610
>>52509301
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017IOHJX6/ref=cm_sw_r_other_awd_d.LNwbRJH18X9

What's up with the reviews? Haven't spent a while lot of time looking and comparing, it's been on the back burner.
>>
>>52509480
Just wait for a new one coming this year. M9 is still pretty decent, do you really need an upgrade right now?
>>
Peeps, need to decide quickly since im aboutnto renew my contract, sony xperia z5 or htc m9? I heard the m9 has some overheating issues, but im afraid im gonna break the z5 after only a month of getting since its all glass covered.
>>
>>52509844
Not really, just sick of sense
>>
>>52510063
>>52509480
Anything wrong with the phone itself?
>>
>>52510133
Mostly issues with the power/volume buttons. I've been having some battery issues but I think that's from over use
>>
>>52509661
I own the opx and its great. they're likely getting sold fakes. I would say but directly from oneplus and not a third party retailer.
>>
>>52510133
And yeah, the heating issues too.
>>
>>52510176
Sound advice, I'll look into it
Thanks
>>
Is there any difference in performance between the Nexus 6 and the 6P? And the battery life?
>>
>>52510236

>is there any difference between an older model and its successor

yes
>>
Had to get my phone unlocked to use on all carriers.

If I do a factory reset or install a custom mod, will I lose the unlock?
>>
>>52510270
no. unlocking is permanent.
>>
Britbong here needing advice on a new smartphone - I need something under £300 that isn't shitty/crap build quality. I used to use an s4 but it's gone to the big phone shop in the sky now. Don't want another samsung.
>>
>>52510267
Thanks for the insightful answer I guess
>>
>>52510289
moto g 16gb/2gb ram model. £180 on amazon. build quality is excellent.
>>
>>52510270

usually it involves calling the carrier that the phone is locked to and asking them to unlock the phone, if they will do it then they will give you a code that will unlock the phone when you insert another carriers SIM card into it
>>
>>52510289

Blu Life One X if you can get it from the USA, $150 compared to $220 for the 2gb RAM 16gb storage Moto G, and it has a better CPU too
>>
What phones can we expect this year?
Is there any other new chipset other than the SD820?
>>
ZTE BLADE S6+

Good buy?
>>
How fucked am I if I bought a 16GB Nexus 5 in terms of small storage space?
I tried to update Hearthstone (which is like 2 GB) and it said there wasn't enough space but I've only downloaded firefox and a few other small apps
>>
Galaxy S5 a solid choice for when my contract ends late this month?
>>
>>52511834
Pretty fucked. Why wouldn't you just get a phone with a removable sd card?>>52511935
Meh. Not really unless you plan on rooting it to remove all the bloat.
>>
>>52511834
pretty fucking fucked as there is no card slot.
>>
>>52511973
I'm not really sure what to go for, then. I do need a new phone. Mine's an old HTC Desire and it runs like shit and you can't find anything for it in stores. I bought my case from a Mexican at the county fair because nobody here stocks them.
>>
Which phone I should get LG g3 or the Asus zenfone 2?
>>
>>52511973
>>52511986
I just figured I wouldn't really need a whole lot, plus I guess I'm retarded and just assumed there would by a mini SD card slot since it's fucking retarded to not offer one

I thought I was getting away from jewry by switching over from the iphone
>>
>>52512064
you dun goofed by buying a google phone that doesn't have 32gb or ideally 64gb built-in memory.

google phased out removable storage in its nexus line because it wants you to use google drive for storage.
>>
>>52512064
Unfortunately nexus started being austic after the nexus 4. I'd go for a g4 or maybe even a onePlus one/two
>>52512013 same for you. For a decent phone at a low price just get a one Plus one
>>
>>52512064
Wait, you assumed there to be a feature and haven't checked? Are you serious? Also, yeah, not having an SD slot is ridiculous.
>>
>>52508519
Isnt the V10 too big?
>>
>>52508519
Crossposting from /smg/

What's the best smartphone on the market that can activate with Verizon's carrier?

$$$$ doesn't matter.
>>
Need a smartphone for around 300 euros with good battery life and preferably one that's easy to root and has official CyanogenMod support.
>>
>>52512678
Why do people use phone contracts instead of pre-paid? Do they like being anally abused?
>>
Looking for a 4.3-4.7 inch with LTE and removable SD card with good enough specs to watch movies on it.
>>
>>52512757
Aquaris bq x5

No idea about root though.
>>
>>52512757
Some OnePlus perhaps?

You could also look at the Xiaomi phones, like the Mi4C, Redmi Note 2, or the newer Redmi Note 3 / Redmi 3.

No official CyanogenMod support, but basically all Xiaomi phones had Cyanogenmod and derivatives. The default MIUI also is quite powerful. Unlock code required for new models to root [protection against 3rd party resellers installing crapware ROMs, apparently].
>>
>>52512757
Any of the onePlus phones
>>
>>52513115

>Aquaris bq x5

Isn't the OnePlus X cheaper and with better specs?

>>52513173
>>52513206

Is there still a change of me finding a OnePlus One selling? The price difference from the X is not so great, so it might be good enough for me.
>>
>>52513218
They have open sales every Tuesday so I don't see why you shouldn't be able to buy it.
>>
iPhone 5S or 6?
>>
>>52513218
>Isn't the OnePlus X cheaper and with better specs?

op is more expensive but has better speccs.

But you said good batterylife
>x5 has 720p display + 2900 mah battery
results in good batterylife. The cpu isn't overwhelming.

It also ships with cyanogenOS which automatically results in cyanogenmod support.
>>
My contract's up and I'm getting bombarded with options to upgrade to.

It's gonna be tough holding out a month to see what's announced, banking on the G5 being a winner.
>>
>>52513443
>iPhone 5S or 6?
5s for style and 6 for bigger screen and a slippery phone.
>>
>>52513601
Any notable hardware differences?
>>
>>52513624
idk I don't own neither of those. And I never did, I only posted this since I think that the 5/5s was the best for a smartphone.
Newer iphone equals slightly better hardware. Can't say much about the user experience since they are too expensive for me.
>>
>>52513652
It's an iPhone. It's pretty much going to be the exact same.
>>
>>52512678
Note 5 or Nexus 6P
>>
>>52513479
Redmi 3 and Note 3 have 4Ah and a chipset that can throttle really quite low, but that also has some power when under full load.

Might perhaps consider these if you're willing to make some concessions to convenience.
>>
>>52514102
can't say anything else. That one came to my mind when you said you wanted a phone with cyanogenmod.
>>
Long shot but would any here know the proper settings for ppsspp on an M4 aqua
>>
File: 1440869343756.jpg (10 KB, 423x315) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1440869343756.jpg
10 KB, 423x315
>tfw my 6P financing request was denied

Fucking kill me I'm sick of my note 2
>>
what should i upgrade my htc m7 to
looking for similar form factor (<5 in), for it to have a custom rom scene and not look like cheap plastic shit
>>
File: Nexus-6P-bend.png (294 KB, 1212x652) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Nexus-6P-bend.png
294 KB, 1212x652
Is the 6P a meme? Really wanting this phone, but I'm not so sure about its durability..
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5
Thread DB ID: 447222

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.