[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I work with C#, I really like it. What you think ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 7

File: csharp.png (51KB, 375x360px) Image search: [Google]
csharp.png
51KB, 375x360px
I work with C#, I really like it. What you think ?
>>
>>52507841

u r gay
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (37KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
37KB, 1280x720px
>>52507851
>>
C++ for babbies
>>
>>52507959
of course you can't compare c# with c++

but c# is in the same time easy and powerfully
>>
>>52507841
I had to work with VB.NET once for a month. C# looked a lot like Java.
>>
>>52508276

C# is more simple than Java in my opinion
>>
>>52508299
How come? I tried it a little bit but was confused by adding event handlers with a += operator.
>>
>>52507959
>C++
C for babbies
>>
>>52508002
go home Pajeet

C++ master race
>>
>>52507841
Does C# offer a useful DOM / HTML manipulation library?
>>
Why should I use C# over C or Python with GTK+3?
The only part i found good about C# was .net, and now that ive moved on from my windows babby phase, i dont need it
So enlighten me please
>>
>>52508310
events, delegates are the worst part ! fucking boring, need to think different from other languages.
>>
>>52508581
>Python with GTK+
It isn't abominably slow and next to impossible to deploy? Has superior tooling, libraries and support?
>>
>>52508560
I don't work with ASP.NET (C# for Webz), but if you want to parse dom/html, just do it with javascript lib, it's the better way
>>
>>52508581

in my case it's because I develop for windows users, the best and easiest way is to use C#, but like i said, we can't compare C# with good languages like ruby, python, c++, rust and so on.
>>
File: env.png (56KB, 348x546px) Image search: [Google]
env.png
56KB, 348x546px
this is how I work, I use C# like front end.
>>
>>52508420
>t. first year uni student who has only done one unit in c++
>>
>>52508811
Are you me?
>>
>>52508902
no, you do the same? I concluded time ago that the worst part of C# is to work with with database. DataReader, DataFuck, DataIt, DataThat...
>>
>>52508902
Microservices with a C# front-end are common as shit Anon, Microsoft officially recognized this is how a lot of developers are using MVC and are now supporting it.
>>
>>52508560
Yes, HtmlAgilityPack
>>
>>52508942

Yeah, and they developed Prism.
>>
C# and Java are so similar it's not even funny.
I already knew Java and wanted to mess around a bit in C# and had pretty much no problems.
>>
>>52508420
he could be european you know

pajeets talk like retards besides having broken english
>>
>>52507841
it's like Java, but not designed by retards
> but still designed for retards

great APIs, but still shit for any environment with any sort of RAM constraint or where GC pausing and jitter can be perceived by a person or affect another timing-sensitive component.
>>
>>52509626
Both .NET and the JVM support real-time computing, you just don't see it used in Minecraft and other Androidware.
>>
>>52509671
high performance GCs/runtimes are very expensive products that virtually nobody uses.

additionally, programming for .NET/JVM to minimize heap maintenance costs is possible, but it's so stylistically different from idiomatic programming in those environments that you might as well just write your project in C, C++, etc.
>>
If you're actually know what you're doing, good for you. It's a nice and versatile language for people who actually want to get shit done on a windows environment. But chances are you're some highschool/freshman dipshit who learned to make his first bubble sort yesterday, so fuck you.
>>
>>52509758
OP here, you can find my name in LibreOffice for example, so fuck you :)
>>
>>52510951
>
>>
>>52508811
What a nightmare.
>>
>>52508420
try creating an application with just C++, good luck.C# actually allows you to combine xaml and WCF/WPF to get good applications
>>
File: trustme.jpg (99KB, 540x753px) Image search: [Google]
trustme.jpg
99KB, 540x753px
>>52512110
OP here
>>
>>52507841
C# is one of the best programming languages around. That's just a fact and whoever denies it is a butthurt Javafag who can't cope with the obvious fact that Java is little more than a retarded cousin of C# now.

Before you call me a Windows shill, I run Linux exclusively and code frequently C/C++ (compiled with GCC, not that Visual C++ crap). Also, Mono has gotten a whole lot better since MS open-sourced a few chunks of the .NET framework so I'm happier than ever that C# is one of my main programming languages.
>>
I had C# in school but forgot pretty much everything about it. Where can I start learning it and what are the base things I need to know?
>>
>>52514511
This is the book I always recommend. It's retardedly easy to understand and definitely a fun read. 8/8

http://www.robmiles.com/s/CSharp-Book-2015-Final.pdf
>>
>>52514592
Thanks.
>>
Well at least it's better than fucking Java
>>
>>52507841
C# is the bastard child of C++ and Java.
It needs to be euthanized.
>>
>>52510951
>citation needed
>>
>>52514727
C# is natural selection at its best. It got the best traits from Java and C++ and therefore became better than both combined. The fact that you claim otherwise means that either you wouldn't even be able to write a Hello world in C# or that you've never coded professionally.
>>
>>52507841
i tooke a C# I class last semester and completed it using MONO. I'm in II now. Develop a windows form application in mono with GTK+ and get back to me.

>framework
>hatelife
pick one
>>
I've been looking at modern C++ lately.
I sure hope it's taught in school rather than vanilla C++,
It's powerful as fuck and way less barbaric syntax. Use it.
>>
>>52514919
Agreed.

C++17 is the way of the future though.
>>
>>52514768
not previous anon but a professional developer here.

the sooner you realize that no single language/platform is perfect for every solution, the sooner you quit sounding like an imbecile.

C# is generally better designed than Java, as one might expect given the advantage of hindsight, but it is in no way an all-purpose substitute for C or C++.
>>
I've never really understood the need for
delegate
methods. Or why I should use them over using anonymous functions.
using System;

namespace Sandbox.DelegateTutorial
{

public delegate void TheDelegate();

class JustAddDelegate
{

public TheDelegate Foo;

public JustAddDelegate (TheDelegate theDelegate)
{
Foo = theDelegate;
}
}

// Consuming code

class MainClass
{
public static void Main (string[] args)
{
var myMethod = new TheDelegate (MyMethod);
var jad = new JustAddDelegate(myMethod);
jad.Foo ();
}

static void MyMethod()
{
Console.WriteLine ("Hello World!");
}
}

// Why not

class JustAddAnonymousFunction
{
public Action Foo;

public JustAddAnonymousFunction(Action theAction)
{
Foo = theAction;
}
}

// And then..

static class MainClass2
{
public static void Main2()
{
Action myAction = () => Console.WriteLine ("Hello World!");
var jaaf = new JustAddAnonymousFunction (myAction);
jaaf.Foo ();
}
}

// Is the point that TheDelegate is strongly typed whereas Action isn't?
}
>>
>>52514960
>C++17 is the way of the future though.

nobody even knows which worthwhile improvement will make the cut.
Concepts, contracts, and modules slipping into the 2020s would not surprise me in the least.
>>
>>52514755

OP here, I prefer to stay Anon, but I have more than 30 commits on LibreOffice/OpenOffice
>>
>>52514755
>>
>>52507841
I want to play with .net native
>>
>>52508361
>C
Assembly for babbies
>>
>>52518792
>Assembly
Machine language for babies
>>
File: r2dindu.webm (582KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
r2dindu.webm
582KB, 640x360px
>>52507841
It's java but only almost as awful
>>
>>52507841
If java raped visual basic and its child is c#
>>
>>52518950
> "Machine language"
micro-ops for babies
>>
>>52519345
I swear to fucking christ if someone says 'butterflies' I'll kill a bitch
>>
>>52519345
>μop
butterflies for babies
>>
>>52519457
you did that deliberately didn't you?
>>
COBOL is still the only thing worth using
>>
>muh crossplatform
new programmer's first mistake

go for functionality/ease over muh scalability

C# is pretty good for windows app. Python for crossplatform.
>>
File: 1452571964658.png (106KB, 353x387px) Image search: [Google]
1452571964658.png
106KB, 353x387px
>>52507841
I only played with it a little bit for side modules at the job. It feels awkward coming from C++.
>>
>>52515746
IIRC Delegates allow you to specify the return type and exactly what parameters you'd like. I suspect they're most useful in templating situations.
>>
>>52507841
I like it, I use it for work. Easy, effective, and perhaps most importantly, familiar.
>>
>>52519779
In all honesty Mono is allowing it to be cross platform, sure if you venture away from Windows you won't get the same performance but it's still an option.
>>
>>52507841
I like it but it gives too little / no control over maths-related CPU instructions and especially SIMD
Still having to load C++ libraries to use SIMD is ridiculous
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.