[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /g/ think of Eli the Computer Guy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

File: How Eli talks to black people.png (250KB, 650x523px) Image search: [Google]
How Eli talks to black people.png
250KB, 650x523px
What does /g/ think of Eli the Computer Guy?
>>
>>52506955
he likes to talk a lot
>>
Lmao
Why is people in quotes?

Anyways, I hate him.

I was looking up info on SSDs and I came up on one of his ssd videos and he sold me on the meme.

Little did I know was that it was all snake oil and u can only tell u have an ssd when your PC reboots once every three months
>>
>>52506955
He's the only youtube tech channel I've subscribed to. He's been in the IT industry for many years and he's successful so what he says is somehow important.
>>
>>52507082
>I dont have any programs that i run regularly and notice the increased speed becasue I installed them on my ssd
fair enough then
>>
>>52506955
annoying pretentious attention whore, playing at being the hero all the time
>>
>>52506955

He's supposed to be one of /g/ approved Youtubers.

But that video? wtf
>>
>>52507150
Not true by the way
I put chrome on the ssd
>>
He talks alot better never gives any real answers
>>
All I remember with him is a video about "why Windows machines slow down over time" and talked about how you have to "defragment the registry."

The end.
>>
File: photo.jpg (7KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
7KB, 100x100px
>>52506955

If anyone, Steve Gibson should be /g/ approved
https://www.youtube.com/user/TWiTSecurityNow
>>
>>52506955
I don't like his length of videos. He tends to ramble.

That being said, I recently watched his video on how to survive the loneliness of IT. It helped. Made me feel a bit better.
>>
>>52507198
Why would chrome need to pull from disk space often?
>>
File: Steve_at_Nan_s_2010_400x400.png (228KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Steve_at_Nan_s_2010_400x400.png
228KB, 400x400px
>>52507286

HI LEO, TODAY I WOULD LIKE TO MAKE A CORRECTION TO SOMETHING I SAID IN LAST WEEK'S SHOW

I WAS WRONG WHEN I SAID *GLASS* SLOWLY MELTS OFF WINDOWS BECAUSE OF GRAVITY
>>
>>52506955
I like him! The old crash courses he did are awesome! Like the Linux ones. They are a very good jumping point to get you involved
>>
>>52507311

Heh this actually makes me think...maybe I didn't need to get an SSD? I only run Chrome and Steam with consistency, and only the odd open world game would benefit from the SSD read speeds...oh well I got a cheap EVO250 so ho hum. The i7 I definitely shouldn't have bought however...
>>
File: leosteve.jpg (112KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
leosteve.jpg
112KB, 375x500px
>>52507334

BUT MOVING ON

HERE'S ANOTHER GREAT TESTIMONY FROM ANOTHER SATISFIED SPINRITE CUSTOMER
>>
>>52507311
Idk nigga, I fell for the meme and was told to put all my programs and games on it
>>
>>52506955
A fucking dumb normiecuck
>Geek
You cannot be serious
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gCwCOhMcog&list=PLD6B6473ACF32C59D
>>
>>52506955
not as entertaining as Louis Rossmann
>>
>>52506955
Beyond reddit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZJzbI6ZJ34
>>
>>52506955
I wish he did vlogs on management, his IT knowledge is 10 years out of date.
>>
>>52507503
We know it's you Louis.
Nobody here actually gives a fuck about a ranting autist who thinks he's top shit because he fixes Macs. It was good at first few months, then it's just a garbage flood of the same 1 hour repair videos of him shouting "use your brain!" over and over again.
>>
>>52507591
>ranting autist
>/g/
>>
I actually found his channel yesterday. A lot of his videos are interesting. I think he is kinda annoying and spends a lot of time talking too much
>>
>>52507653
You're in the wrong field if you feel that way.
>>
>>52506955
He has a 240 minute video on being on time and calling people back when you say you will. I recognize that a lot of people have a problem with this, but I think the topic could be covered thoroughly in under 90 minutes. Also, the special effects in his videos are second rate at best.
>>
>>52507150
Those programs live in unused ram after the first startup.
>>
>>52506955
The joe rogan of computer and tech
>>
>>52506955
He's a blunt intelligent guy. As a person who unfortunately works in retail, having someone with those traits is a blessing and a curse. Subscribe to him. In the end you'll come to appreciate his character. And considering how uptight and retarded /g's user base is, we need more people like him to get you faggots in line.
>>
>>52508289
He never says anything worth listening to so how can he be >100 IQ?
>>
>>52507149
>52k subs
>successful
yeah right
>>
who
>>
>>52506955

He talks shite.......
>>
>>52507655
You're in the thread if you feel that way.
>>
If I saw that nigga in the streets I would beat his ass desu senpai baka
>>
>>52509108
He has a lot of good advice though. Not every video, but i guess YouTube leads me to other highly recommended videos of his.
>>
File: 4L_WmHBtUMj.jpg (114KB, 1720x1290px) Image search: [Google]
4L_WmHBtUMj.jpg
114KB, 1720x1290px
>>52506955
Thought that was a shopped image, searched on youtube just now and it's a real vid. I've seen some of his vids before. He's ok but there always seemed like something was a little off about him. Like he's a little crazy or something. I start watching this black people vid and about a minute in he says he has legit Aspergers syndrome. Oh shit, so that's what it is, he is a little messed up in the head. I actually feel better about him now. When someone seems a little off it's nice to find out the actual cause of it rather than have your imagination run wild. Like tom cruise, if I didn't know he was in a cult I would be way more freaked out by his behavior.
>>
>>52506955
who?
>>
File: loli-CHOKES-on-cocks.webm (1MB, 2000x1959px) Image search: [Google]
loli-CHOKES-on-cocks.webm
1MB, 2000x1959px
>>52507082
>he thinks niggers are people
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.