[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/meta/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: GA-7PESH1 Oblique.jpg (246KB, 1000x573px) Image search: [Google]
GA-7PESH1 Oblique.jpg
246KB, 1000x573px
Seriously when did /g/ become so slow?

It was always a circle jerk of generals but now that the moderators seem to have left, the board has gone to shit

>Watch General
>Linux General
>Private tracker General
>crt General
>Desktop General
>Stupid Questions General
>Humour General
>Headphones General
>Another Linux general General
>Think pad General
>Guts General
>Battlestation General
>Another battle station General
>/g/ reaction images General
>Web dev General
>Hacking General
>Another thinkpad General
>Home server General
>Router General
>Verizon General
>Another private tracker General
>>
File: 34832948932.jpg (27KB, 948x711px) Image search: [Google]
34832948932.jpg
27KB, 948x711px
>>52505789
>/meta/ General
>>
Shit, at least in the generals you can sometimes find some interesting discussion. The non-general threads are all just /v/ kiddos, retard crossboarders and redditors posting dank memes, dumb questions and boring gamer trash.
>>
>>52505924
>meme
>>
were you under a rock? 4chan in general is loosing users. Only the most dedicated shitposting autists and 12 year olds remain.
>>
>>52505924
this

>generals with occasional nice discussion

>rest of the boards is INTEL/AMD/NVIDIA SHILLS ON SUICIDE WATCH USING THIS OS DOING WHAT I DONT DO WHAT'S THE POINT OF RUNNING A COMPUTER HOW DO I HACK RATE MY BUILD LOL
>>
>>52505789
most of the good posters left.
some died (really)
some are still here but barely contribute worthwhile content anymore, due to shit moderation.

8ch isn't bad, but it isn't the /g/ you want either.
>>
slow ≠ bad. the amount of quality posting on this site as a whole has taken a nosedive in the past few years.
>>
>>52505789
So what? Would you prefer hundreds of "muh battlestation" threads instead?
>>
>>52505972
/g/ is both slow and bad.

watches are not technology.
desktop threads are not technology.
battlestation threads are not technology.
headphones are not technology.
guts are not technology.

At least programming and webdev general are technology.
>>
>>52505996
>technology is not technology
What?

also do something about it instead of making /bitch/ general
>>
>>52505996
what is with the butthurt surrounding the watch threads? I don't get it at all, technology isn't just limited to electronics, and the generals feel no more shitty than any other general in quality of discussion.
>>
>>52506013
Because it's not technology, it's consumerist bullshit.
>b bbut other consumerist treads exist
They shouldn't exist either.

Once upon a time, /g/ used to be an interesting place, now it's full of the same idiots that fill /r/pcmasterrace and otherwise pretentious consumers.

Watches ARE pretentious consumer shit, it isn't 1890 anymore, we aren't keeping the fucking trains running on time.
>>
>>52506197
I get that aspect of it and totally agree with that sentiment, I just mean the watches themselves. There's a lot of pretty interesting, complicated shit that goes into their construction and there's really no other board that's good for truly discussing them. /fa/ of course has their own watch threads but the board obviously doesn't have a large audience of technically-minded posters and their values/goals are different.
>>
>>52505789
autism

no really, they make little /general/ communities of autistic fucks and just bathe in their own semen together, happens all over this site.

truly horrifying.

never forget that 4chan attracts an inordinate amount of legit crazies.
>>
>>52505789
>>Graphics card generals
>>Graphics card recommendations
>>Mega Corp x is better than mega Corp y / blind fan boy threads
>>ssd are a meme tech threads

Yeah it used to be better but prob not by much. It's 4 chan after all, v and b tards are still gonna make threads and it can be hard to ignore them since they post so much
>>
I'm new here. I'm a regular, mid 30s dude. I've been enjoying it 4chan overall...only /g/.
>>
>>52506258

Pretty much this, whenever a community or culture forms online that is when you know it's pretty much the same unimaginative fucktards reposting the same drivel over and over again. This is legit autism, because these fucktards have such limited interests.
>>
File: 4685ec4aec27aebdf5e7bfa701bb7.jpg (1MB, 2000x1600px) Image search: [Google]
4685ec4aec27aebdf5e7bfa701bb7.jpg
1MB, 2000x1600px
There used to be a cyberpunk and LISP general. I miss those.
>>
>>52505789
>i font know how to use filters-the thread
Look here bud,i have more than 10 thread filtered on /g/ with filters u use for /tv/.Take this as you will but you need to dig a lot to get to the good threads where shitpoating is on minimum and in good spirit,where people dont scream autist every two seconds and want to share what they know and have.
Generals used to be like that example is ptg,but then some fucktards came and influenced their paranoia to the point where they are reporting anyone on the private trackers that shares invitation with other anons.shit took nose dive and boiled down to everyone leaving except 5 tripfags that brag about the trackers they are on.
Its the same shit in other generals.few people create this hell and the smart leave with time others dont know any better and stay for the shitpostin.
>>
>>52508715
At least when some faggot posts a vape general it doesn't stay around for long
>>
>>52505789
>it was always a circlejerk of generals
no it was not. It was either the thread topic is good and gets replies or nobody is interested and it goes to page 10.
>>
>90% of the Linux Community are /v/ trying to get their video games working on Wine
>Push away sysadmin and poweruser userbase that consists almost entirely of Windows
>Complain about the lack of quality discussion
Every time
>>
File: snip20151025_229.png (973KB, 1261x583px) Image search: [Google]
snip20151025_229.png
973KB, 1261x583px
>>52508715
Lisp general guy moved over to lainchan, you should find the threads there more slow paced
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.