[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is /g/ so triggered by nodejs? It's way better

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 155
Thread images: 4

File: 1436439824nodejs-logo.png (14KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
1436439824nodejs-logo.png
14KB, 600x300px
Why is /g/ so triggered by nodejs?

It's way better than the alternatives.
>>
It's shit.
>>
>>52505063
There's nothing wrong with it, all the hate is just a meme.
>>
>>52505063
No, it's not. JavaScript is a shit language and the only reason Node is popular is because dumb webdev babbies are stupid and lazy and would rather use a terrible language (which is only popular because it was forced down our throats as the only programming language for browsers) instead of learning a new one.

Go, Java, Haskell -- literally any language besides PHP is a better option than Node.JS.
>>
>>52505162
>go
if (err != nil) {
return nil, err
}
if (err != nil) {
return nil, err
}
if (err != nil) {
return nil, err
}
if (err != nil) {
return nil, err
}
>>
>>52505162
Well, at least it's better than PHP, and if it can replace it in the near future then it's a good thing.
>>
it's just a meme, kinda like hating on windows by freetards
>>
>>52505063
fuck off and die
>>
>>52505063
>better

Shit is still shit, even is it's the least shitty.
>>
>>52505063
g hates everything
you must be a retard if you listen to anything g says
>>
>>52505162
> haskell

https://storify.com/realtalktech
>>
>>52505174
may i correct you

if err != nil {
return nil, err
}
if err != nil {
return nil, err
}
if err != nil {
return nil, err
}
if err != nil {
return nil, err
}
>>
>>52505335
>if it can replace it in the near future
yeah right lol
>>
I love the mean stack because if you're developing primarily for the web you're done with all the boilerplate code that's nothing but serializing, deserializing and mapping real world objects to db objects. Let the haters hate.
>>
>>52505626
>MongoDB
>Express.js
>Angular.js
>Node.js

Cancer stack
>>
>>52505626
I agree.
I have a background in desktop programming but I've started learning web dev as a hobby.
After trying various frameworks the MEAN stack is by far the most comfy and logical.
>>
>>52506187
Debate class A++ continue the good work!
>>
Typical classic OOP-fag : "Wait.. how does I create objects if I cant define a class?!"
>>
>>52505626
>MongoDB
Into the trash it goes
>>
>>52506555
I bet you suck SQL black cocks, you degenerate.
>>
>>52506555
>Single greatest NoSQL db in the world
>No alternative when needing extreme nr of reads
Thrash according to /g/
>>
>>52505581
What the fuck did I just read?
>>
>>52506605 see >>52505464
>>
>>52506555

You've changed my entire outlook on Mongo, thank god for you.
>>
>>52505063
I don't like JS very much, but I've still started using Node because
>the tooling is excellent. I'm talking about both npm and also deployment tools like pm2
>it's at least faster than Python
>it's very widely used and documented, support is guaranteed to be available
>I can reuse code for both client and backend, for example validation logic
>as a result of these conveniences, productivity is improved and time-to-market is reduced
>therefore my clients are happy
>>
>>52505063

> Create Javascript, Web Dev or Node thread.

> Ask innocent enough question

> Watch /g/ burn from the inside out.

> Laugh as the tears flow.

Every time this is brought up. Still waiting for a compelling argument from either team.
>>
>>52505162

> dumb, webdev babbies

There are literally dozens of frameworks for working with web techs before you even get to javascript. It's not that they are lazy it's just that it turns out javascript makes it much easier to work with the web. Also it's not fucking platform specific turns out that's pretty FUCKING USEFUL when it comes to the internet.

Fucking sheep in here whinging every-time this comes up. Javascript is the language of the web, this isn't going to change for a very very very very long time.

Grow up.
>>
>>52505581
holy shit, this amount of autism exceeds the charts
>>
>>52506662
How are debugging tools? IDEs?
>>
>>52506688
>this isn't going to change for a very very very very long time.
They are working on WebAssembly which is designed to make Javascript go. I'd love to see WebAssembly but since Google is behind it, it might not be too likely.
>>
>>52506708
>How are debugging tools?
Rather developed, see
https://nodejs.org/api/debugger.html
and
https://github.com/node-inspector/node-inspector
>IDEs?
Can't help you there- I use a text editor (Sublime) and terminals.
>>
>>52506761
So... you debug... in terminal..?
>>
File: images.jpg (9KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 259x194px
You are right, I've been developing awesome stuff in nodejs for years so the suggestion its crap triggers me to the extent I turn into a disheveled lunatic.

I think its how fearful the people who hate it are, when they clearly haven't built anything in it.

It is probably the only time I have replied to a discussion on 4chan in recent memory
>>
>>52506767
No, node-inspector is browser based.

But terminal-based debugging isn't as ludicrous as you make it seem. A lot of people use gdb without a wrapper GUI, for example.
>>
>>52506791
>A lot of people use gdb without a wrapper GUI, for example.
Well, a lot of people are braindead and they still manage to live. Terminal-based debugging is as ridiculous as something can be.
>>
>>52505063
>It's way better than the alternatives.
No, it's barely better than half of the other scripting languages, with PHP being a moot point. And btw, better doesn't mean good.

What bothers me most is that doesn't seem to be really stable, maintained packages yet. All those small helper packages that get you around of the languages retardness seem pretty much left for death.
>>
>>52506808
B-b-b-but the terminal maes me feel like a haxor XD
>>
>>52506725
If it comes from google expect it to be end of life as soon as it reaches mainstream.
>>
>>52505335
No it's not.

Here is why:
On a language level, they are equally shitty, except PHP already has rudimentary types.
BUT PHP is free to bring minimal language breaking changes, which they do sometimes.
JS can't.

On a tool level, PHP has mature and well-maintained libraries, something I miss in Node.
>>
>>52506808
The most effective debugging tool is still careful thought, coupled with judiciously placed print statements.

- B.K.
>>
>>52507174
Hate on JS all you want for its choice of type system.

At least it isn't a language like PHP that took the worst parts of other languages and managed to fit them all together into a hugely inconsistent language with the worst syntax known in the universe.
>>
>>52507190
> The most effective debugging tool is still careful thought, coupled with judiciously placed print statements.
> Brian Kernighan, about debugging in terminal, "Unix for Beginners", 1979

Yep. About sums it up. Debugging in terminal is about as good as no software assisted debugging at all.
>>
>>52507235
>hate on shit all you want at least it ain't piss!
I don't even dislike js but your argument only makes the situation look worse.
>>
>>52507245
My point stands, a PHP programmer is in no position to argue about the merits of any programming language except perhaps COBOL.
>>
>>52507354
PHP programmers are not arguing with you.
>>
>>52507354
...and JavaScript
>>
bump.js
>>
>>52508271
npm install sage.js --save
>>
http://widgetsandshit.com/teddziuba/2011/10/node-js-is-cancer.html
>>
>>52507354
>omg get with the times grandpa! php doesn't like even hold your hand, come on it's 2016, the quality of a programmer isn't how well he can design code within a programming language, it's all about how well you choose that language to begin with, please give me points for choosing a better programming language teacher
the post
>>
>>52508411
>Implying javascript holds your hand

Good job shitposter, PHP is bad and you should feel bad!
>>
>>52508528
PHP is shit but so are the alternatives

get better
>>
>>52508410
>http://widgetsandshit.com/teddziuba/2011/10/node-js-is-cancer.html
>2011
relevant.js
>1st subheader "A Scalability Disaster Waiting to Happen"
Tell that to netflix grandpa!
>>
>>52508410
>This is probably the worst thing any server-side framework can do: be written in JavaScript.

Solid arguments!
>>
>>52508568
>missing the point so hard

no wonder you shill node.js, retard
>>
>>52508617
>implying there is a point
Time to get dressed for bingo, pops.
>>
>>52508410

>lets benchmark a node server
>time curl http://localhost:1337/

wat.
>>
>>52508410
Allow me to summarise that article.
>semantic argument about what it means for a function to be non-blocking
Obviously any function will consume SOME cycles. The point is the trend away from synchronous functions and towards a callback design.
>hurrdurr if you write a CPU intensive loop as a request handler, requests will take a long time
No shit. 99.9999999999% of the time, a server's bottleneck is I/O. Encouraging an async architecture DOES improve performance in practice. If your bottleneck is compute, it should be in native code on a separate thread anyway.
>it's not muh unix way because it combines server and application logic
That's correct. Muh UNIX way gets you PHP and other CGI solutions, which are dogshit slow. You deploy a node app by using a process manager to spin up as many instances as you have cores you want to dedicate to handling requests.
>it's Javascript
This is the only good point. He's not wrong there, JS is not great. But 1) I find the benefits of Node outweigh this and 2) transpiling from a language like Coffeescript works out very well, and is a reasonably popular way to do things. I still just write JS, but I've been meaning to learn one of these.
>>
>>52508647
Thate entire post is made by a /g/tard, hence the mentioning of neckbeards.
>>
>>52506725
Do you really think Eich would help making a language that would kill JS?

Get real, he's helping on WebAssembly because devs would get more dependent on JS, since you will need to transpile into it, and you can't simply ignore what it does. Or you do it at your own risk.

It's more like WebAssembly will help the web transition to native performance level of apps in the browser.

And for most cases you won't even need Wasm, unless you're making a game in browser sort of thing. Otherwise, for most purposes, sites will still be made using the same tools. Though, it is possible that the concept of "site" will change a lot in the future and sites will be way more complex and capable than today.
>>
It's JavaScript
Alternative event based Web servers are in go and python, programming then is similar but the languages are less chaotic.
It's making web designers who got into JavaScriptC^Wjquery for animating their pages go into web development, their code is shit and they charge less.
>>
>>52506725
You have asm.js right now. To bad there's not many libraries that work on top of that.
>>
>>52508669
What he's trying to say is node.js with its async io doesn't make things automatically fast for noobs.
Which is how node.js advertises itself.
>>
I like node for running a Steam chat not
Everything else is garbage for it
>>
>>52508669
>Coffeescript

Bleh. It might just be my opinion, but id rather not touch coffeescript.
>>
>>52505063
>It's way better than the alternatives.
It isn't. The fundamental truth about Node is that it's okay. No more, no less. You can use it just fine for writing command line tools for working with markup/CSS/client-side JavaScript or the occasional server prototype. However, I'd take threads and linear code over callbacks/promises any day. Threaded code using STM is easier to read.
>>
Laravel master race, Checking in
>>
>>52508843

Shhhh, people round here dont take to kindly to us php devs.
>>
>>52505597
It's not that bad, if you consider how awesome are defers
>>
what it needs to be fine :
-real OOP
-understandable scoping
-no more callback ( yield in es6?)
-pool thread (not a single one)
-handle multi cpu
>>
>>52508992
>handle multi cpu
This seems to be a dilemma for Eich & co. whether future JS should at any point implement multithreading. As far as I know they're concerned about race conditions and how to handle that.
They already thought about this, but there are some things which are specific to the web and which makes multithreading problematic.
>>
>>52505174
>clear control flow is bad
Js is the language for you then
Goroutines are awesome and much much better than node's mess.
>>
Is it bad idea to write DE in nw.js + node?
>>
>>52509044
>some things which are specific to the web and which makes multithreading problematic

Teaching JS dev how to mutex ?
>>
>>52508669
>Muh UNIX way gets you PHP and other CGI solutions, which are dogshit slow.
Only if you fork for each request. The Unix way also gets you FastCGI and WebSocketd, which are fast and yet almost as conceptually simple as CGI. (Incidentally, even the shoddiest PHP shared hosting providers have been using FastCGI instead of CGI for a decade. Not that you should use PHP.)
>>
>>52509044
>>52509117
Many potential issues with multithreaded Javascript.
Currently browsers like Chrome are already sandboxing each page into a thread, if I'm not mistaken. If one single page spawns multiple threads, imagine how the browser could manage this per each open tab. It would be very challenging to sandbox these pages, when their threads are multiplying.

Also, the DOM is not thread-safe. If one thread is changing the DOM, while another is trying to take stock of it (by building an array and looping through it), you could get different results, depending on how fast the DOM loads. The DOM would need to have its API rewritten for a multithreaded JS.

It's possible though, that at some point multithreading will come to JS, who's to say.
>>
>>52509117
Or use the actor model and never share memory between the thread.
>>
>>52509321
Might as well just trash everything and introduce something decent.
>>
>>52509357
Yeah, but how often does this happen in the computing world.
People don't complain only about languages nobody uses.
>>
>>52509421
Just tell people it "scales better" and web devs will switch without thinking twice.
>>
>>52509058
Not >>52505174 and I am no big fan of exceptions but Go should have had an Optional (aka "Maybe") type built in to avoid the nil returns.
>>
>2016
>not writing your backend in Erlang/Elixir

ishiggydiggy
>>
>>52509357
That's what they might be able to do with Wasm: introduce compatibility-breaking changes since it's technically not JavaScript.
>>
>>52509535
But Erlang is so slow and untyped!
>>
Node fills a niche, but I am moving away from it due to all the SJW drama.
>>
>>52509585
>I am moving away from it due to all the SJW drama
To what? I am interested in webdev languages with no SJW drama.
>>
It's not the language/framework that is bad, it's decent for cooking up something quick (then write it in another language for good performance) it's the crowd of "programmers" that it attracts. It gives the less mentally apt but narcissistic hipster, feminist, SJW crowds because there's finally something simple enough for them to work with, and poisons the rest of the programming community.
>>
>>52509667
I am still trying to make that decision myself. Web development is in a sad state these days if you're trying to avoid SJWs unfortunately.

PHP is (begrudgingly) one option I know of, really just because it's so unhip and uncool the SF hipsters wont touch it, and thus it remains mostly SJW free. Its been making some great strides recently too. It has historically had problems obviously, but as of late it's not a completely unusable mess like it used to be.

Other platforms like Go, Ruby on Rails, Python, etc, are so SJW infested it's hard to overlook their communities.
>>
>>52509700
I find this fact weird: apparently this board is full of people who hate SJWs, hipsters, feminists, but at the same time, there seem to be many transsexuals, crossdressers, pedophiles here. Never thought that such minorities would hate other minorities, 2bh pham. It's a bit baffling actually. I often find myself just quitting threads here, because they are infested with crossdressing/anime/pedo stuff and it's almost driving me to puke, but I'm still not that disgusted enough to make me completely leave a technology board.

I just find it hard to be here, knowing there are very few somewhat normal people around.
>>
>>52509700
This.
>>
>>52509802

SJWs != transsexuals, crossdressers, pedophiles
>>
>>52509802
Because we hate retards, minority or not.
>>
>>52509819
Both are either minorities or defenders of minorities. You would think minorities like transsexuals wouldn't feel outraged by SWJs. I don't like SWJs either, but I don't hate them either. I could probably say the same thing about transsexuals, I guess. I just find this fact funny, that's all.
>>
>>52509802
>it's weird that you don't like a minority because you are a minority / do things I don't like
I thought we leave this kind of thinking after the age of 12, but guess not everyone does
>>
>>52509860
*SJWs
Typo
>>
>>52509872
But cmon, simple logic says, if you are in a sexual minority like transsexuals, then you aren't against SJWs who are defenders of sexual minorities, right?

You would be basically hate those who defend your rights.
>>
>>52509904
I'm white and hate white supremacists

>inb4 stormfront being triggered
>>
>>52509802
>hate SJWs
>transsexual
I see no contradiction here. Case in point, everybody's favorite right-wing tranny: https://twitter.com/justinetunney
>>
>>52509913
That's like saying you're gay and hate gay Nazis who want to conquer the world in the name of gayness. White supremacists aren't minority defenders, they want more than that, they want the white race to prevail.
>>
>>52509940
The SJWs are kinda similar to that, they want everyone to adopt their exact views. And really bitch about dissent more than minority right violations.
>>
>>52509802
The thing about SJW's and specially feminists is that they like to think that everyone who disagrees with them is some kind of racist right wing nut or a neo-nazi. Plenty of female anti-feminists get all kinds of shit from feminists saying that if they're against stuff like gender and race quotas they've also got to be against things like equal legal rights, the ability to vote and even the right to wear pants.

Feminists tend get REALLY annoying when you, as someone with traditional views on feminism, try to argue against their crazier assertions. They get completely bewildered when you say that you support COMPLETELY equal treatment, not their idea of "equal" treatment that includes women and minorities having the red carpet rolled out in front of them.
>>
File: 1453113503559.jpg (26KB, 480x534px) Image search: [Google]
1453113503559.jpg
26KB, 480x534px
>waaaaaah waaaaaaaah but at least it's not as bad as PHP !!!

Am I laffin.
>>
When did this thread go from js VS php to the moral obligations of transsexual and fags
>>
>>52508992
With es2015 or whatever branding theres lexiconic scope declarations with "let", it helps sort out things a bit and is fully supported in the more recent versions of node.
>>
>>52509993
hot
>>
>>52510011
Do you disagree with that statement?
>>
>>52509802
>I often find myself just quitting threads here
Good.
>>52509904
Not every LGBTQ wants xir "rights defended" at the cost of destroying civilization. Besides, if you are a sexual minority in the West and support SJWs you fail to realize that sooner or later the SJWs will import enough Somalians to your country that being a sexual minority becomes rather more stressful and eventually impossible to admit to.
>>
>>52509700
>Rejecting a useful, productive tool because some of the other people who also use it have social views I disagree with
What the fucking fuck. This is my process: I look at the job, I weigh everything up, I decide what to use given the requirements. Sometimes- surprisingly often, actually- that's Node. It performs decently, there're libraries for everything ever, I can re-use some logic in the frontend to keep things consistent, deployment is always easy and smooth.

I don't give a flying fuck about the project's views on transsexuals or their codes of conduct or whatever the fucking problem supposedly is today. I just use the tool, complete the project, client is happy, I get paid.

I strongly recommend that you angry anons consider doing something similar.
>>
>>52509802
>I often find myself just quitting threads here
If you do that, you probably should leave and find a new community to hang out with someplace else. Maybe Reddit, maybe Tumblr, but over here you're not going to find many people sympathetic to the 21st century corruption of feminism or social justice slacktivism.
>>
>>52509524
>but Go should have had an Optional (aka "Maybe") type built in to avoid the nil returns.
That wouldn't help anything, would just change the ifs into pattern matches for Some x or Just x, still need to handle all cases (unless you don't care about actually handling errors and just wanna crash, in which case you can just rely on nil pointer crashing in Go)
>>
>>52509993
Source on this Asian Jizz Jezebel?
>>
>>52510068
But I said I'm not sympathetic to SJWs, I just don't get triggered by them. I ignore them just like I try to do with any nutter.
I kind of do the same thing with crossdressers or other weirdos here.
>>
>>52509860
>>52509904

SJWs aren't defenders of minorities, they use minorities. They leverage "marginalized groups" to propel themselves upward and give themselves power within communities, under the illusion that they are doing so for morally and ethically just reasons.

Look at what they do to minorities that disagree with them as an example.
>>
>>52505063
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ame2PH67gnk&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>52510159
So basically SJWs are dicks and douchebags who manipulate minorities' interests to their own profit.

Sounds kinda cool. Might be cool to do that for like 10 years and then reverse your positions and watch the shitstorm.
>>
>>52510185
Which one of you faggots paid for this?
>>
>>52510058
Putting the future of my company in the hands of a community that will crucify me for the slightest "problematic" opinion is not a sound business decision.

NPM introduces license changes to the version that comes bundled with node with no oversight or review, that introduces dangerous consequences if my auditors take issue with it as it does not differentiate between the NPM cli application and the NPM service, but since Issac is completely SJW it's okay.

IBM buys Strongloop and kicks the original developers out of the expressjs project, but they give money to SJW foundations so it's okay.

Post an unapproved emoji in a github thread? Banned from all node projects for life. Tell white developers to kill themselves? That's okay. Reject a pull request in violation of the contributing guidelines and the submitter hasn't signed a CLA? Not acceptable if it's about removing male pronouns.

This is not a stable and reliable community to be building any business upon.
>>
>>52510255
>Post an unapproved emoji in a github thread? Banned from all node projects for life. Tell white developers to kill themselves? That's okay.
What? Really? Not that I don't believe that such things are possible (people are really stupid nowadays) but I'd appreciate links for both.
>>
>>52505626
And I love people like you who use buzzwords such as REAL WORLD OBJECTS to justify their shitty understanding of things.
MongoDB is fucking trash and it has a single use case: storing documents with no relations whatsoever between them and retrieving them. That's what it's good for, as soon as you need something that does a bit more than that the problems start to outweigh the qualities of MongoDB.
Unfortunately, despite what MEAN developers might think, most REAL WORLD OBJECTS are indeed linked by relations, and guess what kind of database is good for querying objects with relations between them?
>>
>>52510255
You know actually Microsoft is full of homos and dykes, right? They actually are a beacon of SJW policies in the corporate world. Even one of their division heads was a lesbian, who had a carrier at Microsoft that spanned more than a decade, if I'm not mistaken. Maybe you guys are just a bit out of touch with reality in big corporations.
>>
>>52510306
The first one is about the eggplant emoji, don't know about the second one, but it wouldn't be surprising.
>>
>>52510306
https://twitter.com/evilaubergine/status/679108445421850624
>>
I liked the idea
but then...

>brackets came
>atom came
>visual studio code came

and all are based on fucking googles JS engine with nodejs
I hate that none of the viable sublime alternatives goes for good performance, rather for ease of deployment and development
>>
>>52510159
>SJWs aren't defenders of minorities, they use minorities. They leverage "marginalized groups" to propel themselves upward and give themselves power within communities
I think that is at the core of it the correct view but also a little too simplified. If you google the term "BDH-OV conflict" you will find some quality analyses of the conflict between the lower and the upper classes vs. the middle and the alliances involved.
>>
>>52510342
>>52510353
http://nymag.com/thecut/2014/03/definitive-emoji-sexting-glossary.html
Holy fuck.
>>
>>52510306
Here's the first one
https://archive.is/7b1iG

I apologize about not having a source for the second one, it's about Randi Harper. She's made her original twitter account private so I'd have to do some serious googling for an archive to find the example I am thinking of, but several prominent devs in the Node community have voiced support for her before.
>>
>>52510452
>Randi Harper
Ah, that explains it. Thanks for the link.
>>
>>52510452
I think it's also important to note that, for a foundation that prides itself on moving towards a completely transparent model, it is interesting (but not unsurprising) that the members of the foundation wish to make all disciplinary action as hidden and as private as possible to avoid having to explain their actions. They outright say so in that archive of the Github thread.

Yet another reason not to build a business on these technologies. A foundation that can remove people at will from the community with no oversight or accountability? Bad decision.
>>
>>52510323
I don't use Microsoft products either, what is your point? That all large companies are like this?

That is patently false.
>>
>>52505063
>try to install mmmagic
>compile error

fuck it.
>>
>>52509993
Who is this Jizzy Miss Lizzy?
>>
>>52509524
>>52510070
You should look into Rust, they handle it well with their typesafe macros

https://doc.rust-lang.org/std/macro.try!.html
>>
>>52510306
>>
>>52506808
Sometimes I need to debug really shaddy shit with ONE led, so don't spit on gdb on a terminal, its a fucking luxury.
>>
>>52507235
>took the worst parts of other languages
But php is older
>>
>>52505063
Ruby on Rails > Node.js
>>
>>52507235
>At least it isn't
Pro tip: When trying to sell someone on something, "at least it isn't" is one of the least convincing things you can say.

>Sorry about your terminal cancer but at least you're not on fire.
>>
I want to get a job rather than endlessly searching for the perfect language and frameworks. Is it a safe bet that learning Node and doing a couple test projects with it would be good for my CV/portfolio? I.E, Node experience is considered desirable/useful?
>>
>>52517122
Probably, but there are vastly more C#, Java, or PHP jobs out there than node.
>>
>>52517122
If you're in san fransisco and looking to get a cushy job in a startup, learn any interpreted language. Languages like C and C++ are too complex for SF hipsters so they gravitate towards languages with smaller learning curves.
>>
>>52510070
Ya the only problem is Go doesn't have generics so it can't have an optional type without baking in more fucking magical structures

>>52505626
>all the boilerplate
Sounds boring as fuck m8
>>
>>52508763
It's impossible to make anything "automatically fast for noobs" if the "noobs" in question are just going to write a lot of slow loops that do a lot of computations.
However, must web dev noobs are not going to be writing slow loops that do a lot of computations. Like said already, a server's bottleneck is nearly always IO. And node's non-blocking IO solves that.
I do have some problems with other parts of node, I'll admit. But the "all code blocks!" argument is shallow.
>>
>>52510058
>I say that the tool is good but the crowd id attracts is bad
>HURR DURR WHY DO U DUMP NODE FOR THE CROWD IT BRINGS
learn2read
>>
No idea but probably in 2025 JS is going to be amazing once all of the cruft is out and browsers finally update to the latest standards.
>>
>>52505063
Found new arch logo
>>
>>52505174
For what reason? You could just do "return whatever, err".
>>
>>52509700
>narcissistic hipster, feminist, SJW crowds
but that crowd is into python, not js.
>>
>>52509524
Swift has this.
>>
It doesn't make sense to ever learn a .js based lib/env. Eventually babys new toy will come forth, and everyone fucking flocks to it, rendering the previous tech "outdated" in employers eyes, even though it doesn't have any problems. See fucking React.js.
>>
>>52505581
i dont get it
I mean i dont use functional language but what is this post about? That functional programming is universally bad?
>>
>>52506305
Anions right. If you touch Web and development at the same time..................
>>
>>52506323
Typical chucked by language / compiler fag. Let IT do the work of abstracting structures as object. Why make life hard?
>>
>>52505063
Much like ruby on rails was, It's pretty much the hipster development platform.
>>
>>52517122
Learn PHP instead, it has much more real world usage
>>
>>52510185
cringe + boner
Thread posts: 155
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.